PDA

View Full Version : CHIEFS CLAIM LB

Big Chief Homer
09-03-2007, 07:50 PM
AS PER NFL NETWORK CHIEFS CLAIM LB JOHNNY BALDWIN OFF WAIVERS FROM THE LIONS.DB CHAD WILLIAMS RELEASED

KurtCobain
09-03-2007, 07:52 PM
beat me to it

headsnap
09-03-2007, 07:52 PM
not so loud next time...

please!

runnercyclist
09-03-2007, 07:53 PM
AS PER NFL NETWORK CHIEFS CLAIM LB JOHNNY BALDWIN OFF WAIVERS FROM THE LIONS.DB CHAD WILLIAMS RELEASED

If your gonna post about it take some time to do the research on the kid. Who the **** is he?

Deberg_1990
09-03-2007, 07:54 PM
Gotta love this musical roster/depth chart stuff.

Big Chief Homer
09-03-2007, 07:54 PM
not so loud next time...

please!

sorry caps lock stuck :p

Ultra Peanut
09-03-2007, 07:56 PM
BIOGRAPHY: All-Conference selection as a senior after leading the team in tackles posting 110/8.5/4.5. Did not play in .05. Junior totals of .04 included 103 tackles.

Baldwin comes from a family of skaters. His father, John Baldwin Sr, competed as a single skater in the 1960s. His brother Don Baldwin competed in singles as well. John Baldwin was originally a single skater. His best finish at Nationals as a senior was 9th in 1995.

Baldwin took some time off skating following his single career. His father pressured him to skate with Inoue, who had moved to America. Eventually Baldwin teamed up with her.

Baldwin and Inoue were the first pair to successfully perform a throw triple Axel in competition at the 2006 U.S. Figure Skating Championships. They made Olympic history by landing it again during their short program at the 2006 Winter Games. They fell on their throw triple Axel in their free skate at the 2006 Winter Games

Baldwin and Inoue earned the gold medal at the 2006 Skate America event after winning the short program and placing second in the free skate. They won the silver medal at Skate Canada the next week; and finally took the silver at Trophee Eric Bompard one week later. They officially qualified for the Grand Prix Final at the conclusion of the pair's event at the NHK Trophy competition, the last competition in the grand prix.

POSITIVES: Smart, efficient linebacker best in a one-gap system. Fires up the field filling gaps, plays with good quickness and displays solid instincts. Reads the action, disciplined with assignments and stays with coverage duties. Hustles and works to get involved.

NEGATIVES: Lacks top size, gets caught up in the trash and is slow shedding blocks. Possesses a small-area burst of speed which he cannot sustain.

ANALYSIS: A hard-charging run-and-chase linebacker best in pursuit, Baldwin has physical limitations yet enough ability to back up in the NFL.

Chiefs Pantalones
09-03-2007, 07:57 PM
SUPER BOWL!!!

Big Chief Homer
09-03-2007, 07:57 PM
If your gonna post about it take some time to do the research on the kid. Who the **** is he?

sorry,i didnt realize i had to post to your specific specs :rolleyes:

look it up yourself.Im not gonna waste time looking up someone who is gonna get cut 3 hours from now.

Hydrae
09-03-2007, 07:59 PM
He's a frickin' skater! WTF?

CoMoChief
BIOGRAPHY: All-Conference selection as a senior after leading the team in tackles posting 110/8.5/4.5. Did not play in .05. Junior totals of .04 included 103 tackles.

Baldwin comes from a family of skaters. His father, John Baldwin Sr, competed as a single skater in the 1960s. His brother Don Baldwin competed in singles as well. John Baldwin was originally a single skater. His best finish at Nationals as a senior was 9th in 1995.

Baldwin took some time off skating following his single career. His father pressured him to skate with Inoue, who had moved to America. Eventually Baldwin teamed up with her.

Baldwin and Inoue were the first pair to successfully perform a throw triple Axel in competition at the 2006 U.S. Figure Skating Championships. They made Olympic history by landing it again during their short program at the 2006 Winter Games. They fell on their throw triple Axel in their free skate at the 2006 Winter Games

Baldwin and Inoue earned the gold medal at the 2006 Skate America event after winning the short program and placing second in the free skate. They won the silver medal at Skate Canada the next week; and finally took the silver at Trophee Eric Bompard one week later. They officially qualified for the Grand Prix Final at the conclusion of the pair's event at the NHK Trophy competition, the last competition in the grand prix.

POSITIVES: Smart, efficient linebacker best in a one-gap system. Fires up the field filling gaps, plays with good quickness and displays solid instincts. Reads the action, disciplined with assignments and stays with coverage duties. Hustles and works to get involved.

NEGATIVES: Lacks top size, gets caught up in the trash and is slow shedding blocks. Possesses a small-area burst of speed which he cannot sustain.

ANALYSIS: A hard-charging run-and-chase linebacker best in pursuit, Baldwin has physical limitations yet enough ability to back up in the NFL.
Well at least we know the kid can skate.

ClevelandBronco
sorry,i didnt realize i had to post to your specific specs :rolleyes:

look it up yourself.Im not gonna waste time looking up someone who is gonna get cut in 3 hours from now.

You're right. You should only waste your time posting about him.

the Talking Can
09-03-2007, 08:01 PM
you can never have enough ice skaters

Big Chief Homer
You're right. You should only waste your time posting about him.

hey news is news.dont want it dont open the thread.

ClevelandBronco
hey news is news.dont want it dont open the thread.

Hey, I'm interested. You're not.

Mr. Laz
09-03-2007, 08:02 PM
all these moves just tell me that our talent level sucks and they are desperate for something to work.

Skip Towne
09-03-2007, 08:04 PM
Print 'em

Bowser
you can never have enough ice skaters

Good "profile guys".

Bowser
all these moves just tell me that our talent level sucks and they are desperate for something to work.

Yep.

Zouk
Link: http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a...708180342/1048

Rookie jitters? Not for LB Baldwin
He has fun, lets instincts guide him
August 18, 2007

BY NICHOLAS J. COTSONIKA
FREE PRESS SPORTS WRITER

You'd think Johnny Baldwin would be a little more in awe. He's a rookie linebacker, trying to make the long leap from Alabama A&M to the NFL. He'll play in his second exhibition tonight when the Lions visit Cleveland.

But he has a quick smile and an easygoing attitude, and he has no knees-quaking, welcome-to-the-NFL story from his exhibition debut last week against Cincinnati. "It was fun," Baldwin said. "It was real fun. I was nervous at first. But then, once you get out there and get a few plays under your belt, it's just football. You're playing football again. Once I stepped out there and got my first tackle and did all of that, hit the quarterback for the first time, I was at home."

It is endearing. And infuriating. "Nothing seems to really faze him, and it drives me crazy sometimes," defensive coordinator Joe Barry said. "But he's just one of those kids. He's kind of out there just running around and letting his instincts and his athleticism take over."

Barry laughed.

To the naked eye, Baldwin looked good in the exhibition opener. He hit the quarterback. He tied for the team lead with four tackles. But that doesn't mean he did everything right. "He made a few mistakes on plays where he actually made a play," Barry said, "just because going fast and being athletic and not getting knocked on the ground, that helps you sometimes."

It was that raw athleticism that attracted the Lions to Baldwin. Scout Silas McKinnie saw a crude tape of Baldwin running all over the place at Alabama A&M. The Lions asked for more tapes, then brought in Baldwin for a visit. They drafted him in the fifth round (158th overall). The Lions think Baldwin, listed at 6-feet-2, 232 pounds, has the tools to play middle linebacker in the Tampa Two defense -- the ability to sprint back up the middle of the field in pass coverage and from sideline to sideline against the run.

Baldwin feels fine physically. He said the speed of the game was no problem for him. The issue now -- as the Lions knew it would be when they drafted him -- is learning the defense. "That's probably the biggest thing for any rookie," Baldwin said. "It's not so much physical. You're physically gifted. If you weren't physically gifted, you wouldn't really be here. That's not really the thing. It's when you come and you have to learn new things. It's how you handle it and how you conduct yourself."

The middle linebacker is the quarterback of the defense. He has to make the calls for his teammates. In the exhibition opener, the coaches had Baldwin wear a wristband with the calls on it to make things easier because Cincinnati ran a no-huddle offense. The calls were numbered from one to 20. Linebackers coach Phil Snow would give Baldwin a number. Baldwin would look up the corresponding call on his wristband and relay it to his teammates. Even that was too slow at times. "That's new for him," Barry said. "And again, that's one of the things that drives me crazy. It's all new for these young guys, especially him. He had never been in that role before. He was not the quarterback of his defense where he came from in college."

Well, not like this, anyway.

"I quarterbacked the defense in college, but you know, it's college," Baldwin said. "When you come to a system like this, it's a lot more detail, a lot more complex, and it's got to be like that."

Baldwin snapped his fingers.

"Because sometimes we might get the call late," Baldwin said. "You've got to see it and know it and go. You've got to get your linemen lined up before you do anything. So it's a lot of things you have to do."

Will Baldwin wear a wristband tonight? "Nah, I don't think so," Baldwin said. "No. Because we practice it in practice. I look at Coach Snow. He gives me the signal. I give it to the defense. We go and play."

Baldwin makes it sound so easy. If only it were.

LINEBACKER JOHNNY BALDWIN -- APRIL 29, 2007

>> On if he fits the role of a middle linebacker with the Lions
"Yeah. Coach Snow was telling me that they want that MIKE to be an athletic linebacker, so I fit the bill perfectly."

>> On his ability to play in coverage
"At my school, we ran a lot of cover-zero so I had to cover the tight end, (running) backs, and slot receivers in our scheme. I did a lot of that, so there was a lot of film of me doing those types of things. I guess that was one of those things that kind of caught their eye."

>> On if he had dreams of playing in the NFL
"Most definitely, I anticipated having the opportunity. Coming out of high school I weighted a 184 pounds my first year (in college), so I had to redshirt my first year and then develop. From that I got on the field and made plays. Every year I increased and got better. That's what I've done throughout my career and I guess that's what the Lions liked about me coming from a small school."

>> On if the adjustment to the NFL will be troublesome
"I don't think so. Football is football. The speed of the game is going to get a lot quicker, just as it will for anyone coming from USC, the (South Eastern Conference), or anything else. It's the NFL, so you're going against the best of the best. The speed of the game is going to, of course, get better. As far as picking up defensive schemes, I know it is not going to be easy, but I feel like I'm smart enough to do it. The scheme is going to be more complex than anything I've ever run in college, but I don't feel like it is anything that I can't do."

Chiefs Pantalones
09-03-2007, 08:08 PM
Why haven't we signed Leftwich yet?

ChiefsCountry
09-03-2007, 08:10 PM

Why do we want him?

Bowser
09-03-2007, 08:11 PM

They want to make sure Sippio clears waivers first so they can get him to the practice squad. Then we'll worry about Leftwich.

Bowser

We just got our QBotF in the form of that dude from Coastal Carolina. We don't need him.

Big Chief Homer
Hey, I'm interested. You're not.

Hey, i saw it on the network.it wasnt posted yet so i posted it.Im so sorry for not checking with the posting police first.

Im not interested in any of these desperation guys herms bringing in.cut guys that have played with the team and in the system for guys no ones ever heard of.I could care less if any of them ever suit up.

Big Chief Homer
09-03-2007, 08:13 PM
They want to make sure Sippio clears waivers first so they can get him to the practice squad. Then we'll worry about Leftwich.
ROFL

runnercyclist
09-03-2007, 08:14 PM
Hey, i saw it on the network.it wasnt posted yet so i posted it.Im so sorry for not checking with the posting police first.

Im not interested in any of these desperation guys herms bringing in.cut guys that have played with the team and in the system for guys no ones ever heard of.I could care less if any of them ever suit up.

:deevee:

Big Chief Homer
09-03-2007, 08:17 PM
:deevee:

who's crying? just posting facts

Zouk
09-03-2007, 08:18 PM
So the Chiefs have all of their 7 draft picks on the team plus a 5th from Detroit, a 6th from Philly, a 7th from Minnesota, and 2 undrafted free agents. 12 players from this draft class made the team. That's a lot.

evolve27
09-03-2007, 08:19 PM
Another Detroit player and a person who played at an Alabama school. :whackit:

runnercyclist
09-03-2007, 08:25 PM
So the Chiefs have all of their 7 draft picks on the team plus a 5th from Detroit, a 6th from Philly, a 7th from Minnesota, and 2 undrafted free agents. 12 players from this draft class made the team. That's a lot.

One might say too many. Perhaps Herm is in search of the holy grail?

unlurking
09-03-2007, 08:27 PM
Free Agent BINGO!

It's all the rage in modern NFL coaching circles.

Chiefs Pantalones
09-03-2007, 08:28 PM
Why do we want him?

Because he's better than both Croyle and Huard combined.

jAZ
09-03-2007, 08:31 PM
It's not just that we are making moves at this late date.

It's that we are cutting guys who were here during our training camp... vets even... and signing players who were just drafted this year, and who we've not coached ourselves at all.

Big Chief Homer
09-03-2007, 08:35 PM

It's that we are cutting guys who were here during our training camp... vets even... and signing players who were just drafted this year, and who we've not coached ourselves at all.

just what i was thinking,I wouldnt be to worried if they were on the ps,but they're putting them on the 53.I hope the ones they suit up are gonna help out on special teams and be effective.

runnercyclist
09-03-2007, 08:38 PM
just what i was thinking,I wouldnt be to worried if they were on the ps,but they're putting them on the 53.I hope the ones they suit up are gonna help out on special teams and be effective.

I thought you weren't concerned about them at all?

You're confusing me.

Zouk
09-03-2007, 08:39 PM

It's basically the same as the practice squad. We can only take 45 to the game.

Big Chief Homer
09-03-2007, 08:40 PM
[QUOTE=runnercyclist]I thought you weren't concerned about them at all?

You're confusing me.[/QUOTE
bite me :p

im not concerned about THEM in general,just the status of the team as a whole. :)

Logical
09-03-2007, 08:41 PM
LOL in previous seasons I wanted us to pick up some talent after cuts, now we are doing it and I see desperation. Maybe this shall enter the Lexicon

Desperation - when the Chiefs sign other teams cuts.

Braincase
09-03-2007, 08:42 PM
If the kid can skate and play linebacker, wtf isn't he in the NHL?

cdcox
09-03-2007, 08:43 PM

The Chiefs were in negotiations with his agent until I posted my displeasure about the situation. Now, it's not going to happen.

pikesome
09-03-2007, 08:45 PM
If the kid can skate and play linebacker, wtf isn't he in the NHL?

He wants his family to be able to see him on TV?

teedubya
09-03-2007, 08:49 PM

I didn't do the research... thanks Zouk, but damn, this needs its own thread. This is borderline madness.

ChiefsCountry
09-03-2007, 08:52 PM

But but we are not going with a youth movement :rolleyes:

ROYC75
09-03-2007, 08:52 PM

Yep, that's alot of mistakes waiting to happen.......... :hmmm:

Logical
09-03-2007, 08:55 PM
HeHe Chiefs are small college heaven evidently having hit the jackpot once on Jared Allen they are going hog wild now.

Zouk
09-03-2007, 08:55 PM
I personally love it. It's like we had a whole new 2nd day of the draft this week.

Kylo Ren
09-03-2007, 08:56 PM
If the kid can skate and play linebacker, wtf isn't he in the NHL? Ice Castles?

Kylo Ren
09-03-2007, 08:57 PM
So we have an ice skater and a trampoline champion on the roster?

runnercyclist
09-03-2007, 08:57 PM
[QUOTE=runnercyclist]I thought you weren't concerned about them at all?

You're confusing me.[/QUOTE
bite me :p

im not concerned about THEM in general,just the status of the team as a whole. :)

Now play nice. Fist you say you don't care enough to post data about our signings, then you say you hope they play well on special teams, then you say you care about the team as a whole.

Which is it?

FAX
09-03-2007, 08:58 PM
ROFL

Herm's picking up guys, dumping guys, and grabbing guys like Ian McKellen at an all-night YMCA party.

FAX

tommykat
09-03-2007, 09:01 PM
HeHe Chiefs are small college heaven evidently having hit the jackpot once on Jared Allen they are going hog wild now.

Been reading around....Thanks Jim, you just sent me to bed....yawn.

Big Chief Homer
09-03-2007, 09:03 PM
Now play nice. Fist you say you don't care enough to psot data about our signings, then you say you hope they play well on special teams, then you say you care about the team as a whole.

Which is it?

i dont care about the parade of mediocrity thats been coming through the last day or so.because i honestly think the back end of the roster is gonna be a revolving door.

What i am worried about are injuries to the 46 man roster with no quality depth.

got it now?

Spicy McHaggis
09-03-2007, 09:04 PM
He's a frickin' skater! WTF?

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WKZkqnYP6Bw"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WKZkqnYP6Bw" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Mr. Laz
09-03-2007, 09:06 PM

It's true ...... how many times have we heard the Chiefs talk about draft picks who miss too much time because of a holdout?

they miss more than a couple of weeks and Carl talks about how they aren't any good for the whole 1st season.

well all of these guys have missed all of camp and all of the preseason.

evolve27
09-03-2007, 09:10 PM
I don't think this guys a skater. There's a skater out there with the same name. Here he is grinding on some chick.

John Baldwin
http://i7.tinypic.com/66lmf6g.jpg

ROYC75
09-03-2007, 09:11 PM
It's true ...... how many times have we heard the Chiefs talk about draft picks who miss too much time because of a holdout?

they miss more than a couple of weeks and Carl talks about how they aren't any good for the whole 1st season.

well all of these guys have missed all of camp and all of the preseason.

Now is this any way to talk about our coaching staff who knows it all ? :hmmm:

We / Herm wantewd young.......... he's has it, young and dumb this year for sure.

Ultra Peanut
09-03-2007, 09:27 PM
I don't think this guys a skater. There's a skater out there with the same name. Here he is grinding on some chick.

John Baldwin
http://i7.tinypic.com/66lmf6g.jpgNo, that's the guy:

http://aamusports.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/baldwin_johnny00.html

RustShack
09-03-2007, 09:28 PM
Hes not a bad pick up

morphius
09-03-2007, 09:31 PM
ROFL

Herm's picking up guys, dumping guys, and grabbing guys like Ian McKellen at an all-night YMCA party.

FAX
And here I was waiting for someone to throw down and go "GIN!"

C-Mac
09-03-2007, 09:39 PM
It's basically the same as the practice squad. We can only take 45 to the game.

Ding ding ding....we have a winner.

C-Mac
09-03-2007, 09:40 PM
He wants his family to be able to see him on TV?

ROFL

Demonpenz
09-03-2007, 09:41 PM
This move helps our d-line

Archie Bunker
09-04-2007, 01:02 AM

Great point. A ton of rookies on the final roster.

This is basically the Chiefs draft class.

1. WR-Bowe
2. DT-McBride
3. DT-Tyler
5. RB-Smith
5. LB-Baldwin
5. K-Medlock
6. T-Tayler
6. CB-Barksdale
7. TE-Allen
7. QB-Thigpen

UDFA

LB-Harris
CB-Brackenridge

StcChief
09-04-2007, 08:04 AM
Draft No complaints. Let's see how Coaches put this together.

Direckshun
09-04-2007, 09:48 AM
Great point. A ton of rookies on the final roster.

This is basically the Chiefs draft class.

1. WR-Bowe
2. DT-McBride
3. DT-Tyler
5. RB-Smith
5. LB-Baldwin
5. K-Medlock
6. T-Tayler
6. CB-Barksdale
7. TE-Allen
7. QB-Thigpen

UDFA

LB-Harris
CB-Brackenridge
CB-Patterson

Redrum_69
09-04-2007, 09:49 AM
Nick Reid is gone

LOL

Wasnt he voted all american or something special from KU?!?!

Zouk
09-04-2007, 09:52 AM
CB-Patterson

He was eligible for the 2005 draft. This was his 3rd training camp, I believe.