PDA

View Full Version : I finally saw our last pre-season and based on what I saw....

chiefsfan1963
09-04-2007, 01:32 PM
KC may actually eck out 8-9 wins this year unfortunately.

I would really like to see us get a Top 5 pick next year, so winning 9 games will dash that hope.

OUr O will just get by b/c of our D, but I'm dreading having to watch Solari's and Herm's playcalling each week. We'll have to wait to get back the excitment we had when our O came onto the field each time. Herm and Solari just don't have the goods to run an effective enough O. I have no confidence in them as far as producing a productive O.

Tough being a Chiefs fan this year and going forward. Until we get a changing of the guard both in the front office and coaching I don't see us building into a good enough team to compete in the playoffs.

All I can look forward to is watching our young talent develop and making plays during the season and then the upcoming drafts where we pick up a potential franchise player(s). Other than that I have to wait for the day CP and the rest of his posse move on, and we finally get a fresh new chapter in KC.

But even this event does not guarantee anything.

Oh well this is what we sign up for when we are fan of an NFL team.

ROYC75
09-04-2007, 01:33 PM
You can come to this by watching backups and scrubs ?

HemiEd
09-04-2007, 01:37 PM

Failure is more likely than success.

chiefsfan1963
09-04-2007, 01:38 PM

Yeah I know it's strange it's just a feeling I get, a hunch. Unfortunately I don't think we will bad enough to get a Top 5 pick next year.

I hope I'm wrong.

beach tribe
09-04-2007, 03:12 PM
He's a football clairvoyant.

There are many of them here.

Haven't you heard? we will go 6-10 to 9-7*, maybe a few more losses, but definately NO more wins.

*maybe more losses if Croyle plays........ :rolleyes:

Baby Lee
09-04-2007, 03:13 PM
He's a football clairvoyant.
Reading his prognostication, and knowing his history, makes me more optomistic about the season than anything in recent memory.

RealSNR
09-04-2007, 03:47 PM
KC may actually eck out 8-9 wins this year unfortunately.

I would really like to see us get a Top 5 pick next year, so winning 9 games will dash that hope.

OUr O will just get by b/c of our D, but I'm dreading having to watch Solari's and Herm's playcalling each week. We'll have to wait to get back the excitment we had when our O came onto the field each time. Herm and Solari just don't have the goods to run an effective enough O. I have no confidence in them as far as producing a productive O.

Tough being a Chiefs fan this year and going forward. Until we get a changing of the guard both in the front office and coaching I don't see us building into a good enough team to compete in the playoffs.

All I can look forward to is watching our young talent develop and making plays during the season and then the upcoming drafts where we pick up a potential franchise player(s). Other than that I have to wait for the day CP and the rest of his posse move on, and we finally get a fresh new chapter in KC.

Oh well this is what we sign up for when we are fan of an NFL team.

Why do you believe that we had a better shot at winning a championship with 5 years under Vermeil versus what we have now in Herm Edwards? Wouldn't you say building an effective D is something that Herm is much better at than Vermeil could ever dream of doing and is also the most crucial part of building a tough, difficult-to-play football team that wins playoff games?

chiefsfan1963
09-04-2007, 05:21 PM
Why do you believe that we had a better shot at winning a championship with 5 years under Vermeil versus what we have now in Herm Edwards? Wouldn't you say building an effective D is something that Herm is much better at than Vermeil could ever dream of doing and is also the most crucial part of building a tough, difficult-to-play football team that wins playoff games?

How did that work out for you when Marty was our HC? YOu got to have both. DV biggest failure was not getting enough young talent from the draft to actually contribute. He had to rely on vets that he brought in.

All he needed was a Top 20 ranked D and that would have brought at least one SB to KC during his tenure.

What he was able to do on O for KC has never been accomplished here ever!

I'm not a believer in HERM and his staff. WHat I saw during the playoffs last year is all I need to know about Herm.

Looking forward to the end of CP and Herm chapter for Chiefs.

Mr. Laz
09-04-2007, 05:32 PM
yea .... some clairvoyant actually thinks that the chiefs are gonna expand their offense even though NOTHING we've seen from Edwards indicates that he wants to expand it.

truly stuff of karnac

http://jut.net/images/dippittydew.gif

ChiefsCountry
09-04-2007, 05:35 PM
How did that work out for you when Marty was our HC? YOu got to have both. DV biggest failure was not getting enough young talent from the draft to actually contribute. He had to rely on vets that he brought in.

Marty got a lot closer to winning a championship than Vermeil did with the Chiefs.

beach tribe
09-04-2007, 05:36 PM
yea .... some clairvoyant actually thinks that the chiefs are gonna expand their offense even though NOTHING we've seen from Edwards indicates that he wants to expand it.

truly stuff of karnac

http://jut.net/images/dippittydew.gif
Taken out of context.

but Busted

RealSNR
09-04-2007, 05:40 PM

All he needed was a Top 20 ranked D and that would have brought at least one SB to KC during his tenure.

What he was able to do on O for KC has never been accomplished here ever!

I'm not a believer in HERM and his staff. WHat I saw during the playoffs last year is all I need to know about Herm.

Looking forward to the end of CP and Herm chapter for Chiefs.Had Vermeil stuck around for another two years would we be any better off? Certainly Vermeil can't prevent Roaf from retiring or Jordan Black from not sucking. If the playcaller we had in Saunders left in the same year Vermeil left, and Vermeil hired Solari (because let's face it, that would be his decision... bring up from your own ranks somebody who has a bit of experience at the job) would we still be the high-powered machine we were in 2003? What happened in 2004, then?

Also, where would our D be right now? What makes you think two more years with Vermeil would give us that top 20 defense if he consistently failed to provide suitable drafts full of talented players and refused to cut the shitty players from our team? Let's face it, if Vermeil had his way completely, we would have hired Peter Giunta as our defensive coordinator in 2004. Gunther is no evil mastermind genious, but he's quite a big step up from Peter Giunta, that's for sure.

Easy 6
09-04-2007, 06:23 PM
SNR...2 posts = thread ownage.

Mecca
09-04-2007, 06:25 PM
9 games? really, I'll eat my shoe for dinner if they win that many.

TRR
09-04-2007, 06:33 PM
I have never seen so much hate for a coach who took us to the playoffs in his first season.

You can put me on the "Herm" bandwagon. I love what he has done with this roster, and his first draft was as solid as any I can remember. He's a class act, and a like-able guy. It's not easy to weed out older players and still be successful. He's gotten a couple of draft picks for vet players, and he's building for the future all while trying to win right now.

Sorry, I just don't see what's not to like.

beach tribe
09-04-2007, 06:38 PM
I have never seen so much hate for a coach who took us to the playoffs in his first season.

You can put me on the "Herm" bandwagon. I love what he has done with this roster, and his first draft was as solid as any I can remember. He's a class act, and a like-able guy. It's not easy to weed out older players and still be successful. He's gotten a couple of draft picks for vet players, and he's building for the future all while trying to win right now.

He's done well his first season, and both off-seasons.

He saw the Indy game too. If only he were as smart as some of the folks on here.

Although, Parker is still here.

Bwana
09-04-2007, 06:46 PM
Miss Cleo has spoken. We are now DOOMED!

evolve27
09-04-2007, 06:56 PM
“We selected Herm Edwards because he is without question one of the most qualified head football coaches in the NFL today. Herm knows what the National Football League is all about. He is a man of integrity, family and great passion for the game.”
--Carl Peterson

“When the opportunity came available that Herm Edwards was the guy I could possibly get, that was without question my first choice. Herm knows offense and defense and the entire team, and he's had five years of head-coaching experience. It was an easy decision for me when I could work out compensation with the Jets.”
--Carl Peterson

:BS:

:whackit:

chiefsfan1963
09-05-2007, 09:57 AM
Had Vermeil stuck around for another two years would we be any better off? Certainly Vermeil can't prevent Roaf from retiring or Jordan Black from not sucking. If the playcaller we had in Saunders left in the same year Vermeil left, and Vermeil hired Solari (because let's face it, that would be his decision... bring up from your own ranks somebody who has a bit of experience at the job) would we still be the high-powered machine we were in 2003? What happened in 2004, then?

Also, where would our D be right now? What makes you think two more years with Vermeil would give us that top 20 defense if he consistently failed to provide suitable drafts full of talented players and refused to cut the shitty players from our team? Let's face it, if Vermeil had his way completely, we would have hired Peter Giunta as our defensive coordinator in 2004. Gunther is no evil mastermind genious, but he's quite a big step up from Peter Giunta, that's for sure.

No way! DV would have made sure our O would not have looked as pathetic as they did in the playoffs last year! He could have done that in his sleep. THis was an embarrassment and probably the single worst performance in playoff history. Being a Chiefs fan this does not get me warm and fuzzy for Herm's plans for this team.

No way I agree with who he would have hired if he stayed 2 more years and no way that his next 2 year's of draft picks would have been bust. Who really knows. I was really talking about when DV was here and there's no question that he made football around here much more enjoyable to watch for Chief's fans. What he was able to do on O is unmatched in Chief's History. It's a true tragedy that most of his draft picks were busts. Mainly because of how he had to give many picks away to get quality vets and that he picked way down (20th or higher). The one year he got a 12th pick where he was able to pick SIms and Freeman that really hurt. My what if's would have been what if he was able to have a Top 5 pick that year who would we have picked up?

We'll have to disagree on how close Marty vs DV got us to the SB but that would be comparing apples with oranges. The fact is Marty had 10 years versus 5 for DV.

The one thing we can agree with is that CP and his entire front office needs to go and ultimately Herm has to go. Then we can close this chapter once and for all!

chiefsfan1963
09-05-2007, 10:03 AM

DV was a class act too. It was not easy for him to weed out older vets, but he managed to do it. DV did not have a 10 year plan he was given a 4 or 5 year plan. There is no question herm has done a great job picking good young talent, I just don't believe he has the mind set to build a decent enough O to be competitive come playoff time. Solari definitely doesn't have the goods.

beach tribe
09-05-2007, 10:06 AM
No way! DV would have made sure our O would not have looked as pathetic as they did in the playoffs last year! He could have done that in his sleep. THis was an embarrassment and probably the single worst performance in playoff history. Being a Chiefs fan this does not get me warm and fuzzy for Herm's plans for this team.

No way I agree with who he would have hired if he stayed 2 more years and no way that his next 2 year's of draft picks would have been bust. Who really knows. I was really talking about when DV was here and there's no question that he made football around here much more enjoyable to watch for Chief's fans. What he was able to do on O is unmatched in Chief's History. It's a true tragedy that most of his draft picks were busts. Mainly because of how he had to give many picks away to get quality vets and that he picked way down (20th or higher). The one year he got a 12th pick where he was able to pick SIms and Freeman that really hurt. My what if's would have been what if he was able to have a Top 5 pick that year who would we have picked up?

We'll have to disagree on how close Marty vs DV got us to the SB but that would be comparing apples with oranges. The fact is Marty had 10 years versus 5 for DV.

The one thing we can agree with is that CP and his entire front office needs to go and ultimately Herm has to go. Then we can close this chapter once and for all!
Your right. We would have lost 38-31.

htismaqe
09-05-2007, 10:36 AM

In five years, Dick Vermeil spent almost SEVENTY PERCENT of our draft picks on defense.

There is nobody left to blame for that mess but DICK VERMEIL.

pikesome
09-05-2007, 10:42 AM
No way! DV would have made sure our O would not have looked as pathetic as they did in the playoffs last year! He could have done that in his sleep.

How? The problems on offense went far deeper than playcalling. How about Green not being able to throw a catchable ball to LJ? Maybe poor Oline play? I fail to see what DV could have done better, we didn't have the players lined up to replace lost starters, we played a recovering QB, and Indy's defense did step it up for the other teams they played besides us.

Baby Lee
09-05-2007, 10:42 AM
In five years, Dick Vermeil spent almost SEVENTY PERCENT of our draft picks on defense.

What's that old saw about all my aunt needed to be my uncle?

pikesome
09-05-2007, 10:43 AM

QFMFT!

DV is as much at fault for the problems last year as Herm. Pissing away draft picks is not a good way to sustain a franchise.

BIG_DADDY
09-05-2007, 10:49 AM

I'm just grateful that Herm fixed our offense.

Baby Lee
09-05-2007, 10:50 AM
I was really talking about when DV was here and there's no question that he made football around here much more enjoyable to watch for Chief's fans.
Depends on what one enjoys. I do not enjoy seeing the worst efenses in history. I do not enjoy having people [people I run into, people who RUN THE EFFING LEAGUE] laughing at the efense, and all I can say is 'you're right, we suck.' I do not enjoy seeing nothing QB after nothing QB having career games when they play us. I do not enjoy endless clips of Tiki Barber knocking our efensive players around like Godzilla destroying Tokyo.
The Commissioner laughed at our efense in front of Lamar, did you enjoy that as well?

Chief Faithful
09-05-2007, 10:53 AM

Scoot over I need a seat.

Deberg_1990
09-05-2007, 10:55 AM
Depends on what one enjoys. I do not enjoy seeing the worst efenses in history. I do not enjoy having people [people I run into, people who RUN THE EFFING LEAGUE] laughing at the efense, and all I can say is 'you're right, we suck.' I do not enjoy seeing nothing QB after nothing QB having career games when they play us. I do not enjoy endless clips of Tiki Barber knocking our efensive players around like Godzilla destroying Tokyo.
The Commissioner laughed at our efense in front of Lamar, did you enjoy that as well?

Well said

I guess some people would rather lose 44-42 than 13-10. That way the loss doesnt sting so bad... :)

Katie
09-05-2007, 11:48 AM
Personally, I thought the thrill of watching our offense score 30+ points was completely negated by the poor defensive performances and losing.