PDA

View Full Version : Any chance in heck that we could get Cowher?

BigVE
09-04-2007, 04:22 PM
Let's assume that Herm tanks another season (6 or 7 wins tops, no playoffs) would it be too soon to be thinking new Headcoach??? I would love to lure Bill Cowher out of retirement and bring in a REAL headcoach. Realistic or just dreaming??? Never too soon to plan ahead.

Hammock Parties
09-04-2007, 04:23 PM
Let's assume that Herm tanks another season (6 or 7 wins tops, no playoffs) would it be too soon to be thinking new Headcoach??? I would love to lure Bill Cowher out of retirement and bring in a REAL headcoach. Realistic or just dreaming??? Never too soon to plan ahead.

Forget it. Herm's going to be here for at least 7 or 8 seasons.

Reerun_KC
09-04-2007, 04:24 PM
your on crack....

People are already tired of his pathetic crap... Next season is AFC championship or fired!

KurtCobain
09-04-2007, 04:24 PM

ugh

carlos3652
09-04-2007, 04:25 PM

He hasnt tanked any seasons yet? how can he tank another one if there hasnt been one... WTF?

OnTheWarpath15

While that wouldn't necessarily surprise me, we can pretty much be assured he'll be here through the 2009 season.

He could go 3-13 the next two years, and I'd bet he'll still get to coach his contract year.

MGRS13
With your track record that pretty much does him in...

Hammock Parties
09-04-2007, 04:26 PM
People are already tired of his pathetic crap...

Not everyone. We need a consistent program here. Herm has accomplished a great deal in just two offseasons.

Carl's deal runs two more seasons after this one. Herm will be here at least that long. I figure the new GM will give him at least 3 seasons, so that's 7 years of Herm.

Get comfy. :p

MGRS13
09-04-2007, 04:29 PM
Not everyone. We need a consistent program here. Herm has accomplished a great deal in just two offseasons.

Carl's deal runs two more seasons after this one. Herm will be here at least that long. I figure the new GM will give him at least 3 seasons, so that's 7 years of Herm.

Get comfy. :p
You are an idiot. he'll only win 4 or 5 games this year and less then that next year then hes gone.

carlos3652
09-04-2007, 04:34 PM
People are idiots...

Herm is taking a team that was full of old (but good players) and just replaced them with young (not very good players) but these young players will develop...

We are just starting his 2nd season... has a 9-7 record with a playoff appearance, more or equal to what the last 2 coaches did and people already want to get rid of him... unreal...

Archie Bunker
09-04-2007, 04:34 PM

I agree. Herm gets to finish his contract and since the next GM will probably be promoted from within the Chiefs will extend his contract.

carlos3652
09-04-2007, 04:35 PM
He hasnt tanked any seasons yet? how can he tank another one if there hasnt been one... WTF?

No one addressed this yet either??? I dont get it...

DaneMcCloud
09-04-2007, 04:35 PM

What makes you think that Cowher is a "Real Coach"? How closely have you followed the Steelers since Cowher took over?

While it's true he had an exceptional defense throughout his tenure (though more likely due to people like Dick LeBeau, Dom Capers and Tim Lewis, etc.), his PASSING offenses were horrible. HORRIBLE.

He stuck with Kordell Stewart FAR too long. WAY too much loyalty. If the Steelers would have kept Neil O'Donnell or hired another competent QB, they Steelers could have very well won additional THREE more Super Bowls during his tenure. Certainly at least TWO.

The grass is always greener but I think you'd find that Herm and Cowher are the SAME GUY.

If Herm's given 15 YEARS to win a Super Bowl, I'm betting it happens.

Fish
09-04-2007, 04:37 PM
People are idiots...

Herm is taking a team that was full of old (but good players) and just replaced them with young (not very good players) but these young players will develop...

We are just starting his 2nd season... has a 9-7 record with a playoff appearance, more or equal to what the last 2 coaches did and people already want to get rid of him... unreal...

But... but.... we lost 4 preseason games!!1

Ohh Noes!! Fire everybody!!! Dumbasses all!!@22

Archie Bunker
09-04-2007, 04:38 PM
You are an idiot. he'll only win 4 or 5 games this year and less then that next year then hes gone.

Awesome. I didn't know you had psychic powers.

OnTheWarpath15
What makes you think that Cowher is a "Real Coach"? How closely have you followed the Steelers since Cowher took over?

While it's true he had an exceptional defense throughout his tenure (though more likely due to people like Dick LeBeau, Dom Capers and Tim Lewis, etc.), his PASSING offenses were horrible. HORRIBLE.

He stuck with Kordell Stewart FAR too long. WAY too much loyalty. If the Steelers would have kept Neil O'Donnell or hired another competent QB, they Steelers could have very well won additional THREE more Super Bowls during his tenure. Certainly at least TWO.

The grass is always greener but I think you'd find that Herm and Cowher are the SAME GUY.

:clap: :clap:

Archie Bunker

Bingo

Hammock Parties
09-04-2007, 04:39 PM
I find it incredible that people think we're gonna win 4 or 5 games. Wake up. You have to have an Oakland-type team talent-wise to win that many games. This team has a LOT of talent. We're not bottom of the barrel by any means, and we're CERTAINLY more talented than we were a year ago.

MGRS13
09-04-2007, 04:41 PM
I find it incredible that people think we're gonna win 4 or 5 games. Wake up. You have to have an Oakland-type team talent-wise to win that many games. This team has a LOT of talent. We're not bottom of the barrel by any means, and we're CERTAINLY more talented than we were a year ago.
I really wish I didn't work in transportaion and I could still do drugs, because whatever you are on has got to be a good time.

BigRock
09-04-2007, 04:42 PM
Because Herm and Cowher have such drastically different philosophies on football. :rolleyes:

Just out of curiosity, how many of the 14 years it took Cowher to win it all in Pittsburgh will he be given in KC before you want him gone, too?

beach tribe
09-04-2007, 04:43 PM
It's official. Clairvoyants in all threads.

carlos3652
09-04-2007, 04:45 PM
Because Herm and Cowher have such drastically different philosophies on football. :rolleyes:

Just out of curiosity, how many of the 14 years it took Cowher to win it all in Pittsburgh will he be given in KC before you want him gone, too?

If he losses 4 preseason football games, I want him gone in year 2 (even if he takes us to the playoffs in year 1!!!!1111Oneone!!!!!1111

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-04-2007, 04:59 PM

You don't get it....

There really isn't that much difference in the talent level of any team in the NFL. Ultimately, it all comes down to coaching in this league, which is why we'll never do a goddamned thing with Herm. He's a motivational speaker, and a shitty one at that. He's Matt Foley without the physical comedy.

Herm is one of the 5 worst x's and o's coaches in the league. Maybe bottom 3.

Solari is one of the worst O-coordinators in the league.

Gunter is a mediocre coordinator at best.

Hammock Parties
09-04-2007, 05:05 PM
You don't get it....

There really isn't that much difference in the talent level of any team in the NFL.

Sure there is. That's why Al Saunders can be hailed as a genious when he's in Kansas City with Willie Roaf and Priest Holmes, and then look like crap in Washington.

BigVE
09-04-2007, 05:14 PM
carlos/"Diablo":
This is all about one thing: NO HIGH HOPES for Herm Edwards. If your in love with Herm that's your business. He hasn't showed me much of anything as for coaching ability so far, Im not impressed and I don't have to be. All Bill Cowher has done is FIRST OF ALL WIN, WIN alot. Would I wait 15 years for COWHER to deliver a championship to KC? Yes. Would I wait for Herm? Nope. That's my choice and my opinion like it or not I could care less Diablow.

edited for GOATSE's benefit.

Hammock Parties
09-04-2007, 05:16 PM
Diablo?

What?

BigVE
09-04-2007, 05:24 PM
edited for ya

Bearcat
09-04-2007, 05:54 PM

ROFL

There are teams every year with decent-good defenses and bad-mediocre offenses that win 4-6 games.

You can argue potential, rebuilding, etc; all you want... but right now we're one injury away from being really bad.

Adept Havelock
09-04-2007, 06:08 PM
I doubt Cowher would return to the NFL anytime soon, and I'm not sure I want another of Carl's Cronys.

You don't get it....

There really isn't that much difference in the talent level of any team in the NFL.

:hmmm:

Not much difference in talent between the Detroit Lions and the Pats or the Browns and the Colts?

:BS:

Mecca
09-04-2007, 06:12 PM
You don't get it....

There really isn't that much difference in the talent level of any team in the NFL. Ultimately, it all comes down to coaching in this league, which is why we'll never do a goddamned thing with Herm. He's a motivational speaker, and a shitty one at that. He's Matt Foley without the physical comedy.

Herm is one of the 5 worst x's and o's coaches in the league. Maybe bottom 3.

Solari is one of the worst O-coordinators in the league.

Gunter is a mediocre coordinator at best.

I actually agree with most of this.......you can see stupid coaches blowing games by doing things that even the guy sitting on his couch knows makes no sense.

Mecca
09-04-2007, 06:13 PM
I doubt Cowher would return to the NFL anytime soon, and I'm not sure I want another of Carl's Cronys.

:hmmm:

Not much difference in talent between the Detroit Lions and the Pats or the Browns and the Colts?

:BS:

I'd do it like this, in the NFL the best team is a 100, the worst team is about an 80. These teams aren't THAT far apart talent wise coaching and smarts wins tons of games in todays league.

BigRedChief
09-04-2007, 06:14 PM
Cowher was on Jim Rome's radio show today. He said he's out for at least till his daughter graduates in two years. Then he will just listen to offers and not pursue a job.

Hammock Parties
09-04-2007, 06:15 PM
I wouldn't want Cowher anyway. I doubt he has the serious desire needed to win a championship anymore.

MahiMike
09-04-2007, 06:16 PM
Herm accomplished more in 1 game last year than any other previous Chiefs coach. He was able to single-handedly dismantle the best offense in the NFL IN ONE GAME!

That's a man on a mission folks...

Dayze
09-04-2007, 07:24 PM
I want to abandon the incestuous nature the Chiefs seem to follow; I want someone completely and totally removed from the Chiefs organiziation, and upper management for the next coach.

Of course, the NFL by nature is a good ol boy network, so I'm sure the next coach will be some retread.

TN_Chief
09-04-2007, 07:28 PM
Forget it. Herm's going to be here for at least 7 or 8 seasons.Dude, you are out of your mind. Herm will be here through this season, he might get next season as well. He's gone after that. The guy is incompetent.

Hammock Parties
09-04-2007, 07:31 PM
Dude, you are out of your mind. Herm will be here through this season, he might get next season as well. He's gone after that. The guy is incompetent.

Haha. That's hilarious. You really believe there's a chance in hell this is Herm's last season?

TN_Chief
09-04-2007, 07:36 PM
Haha. That's hilarious. You really believe there's a chance in hell this is Herm's last season?Absolutely. I don't think we'll win more than 5 games, and along with that I expect Herm will be shown the door (even if it's "his idea").

HemiEd
09-04-2007, 07:51 PM

:p

What has he accomplished? Really, please tell me. Draft choices?

Hell, we were all in love with Ryan Sims longer than any of Herm's choices have been a Chief.

Nzoner
09-04-2007, 07:52 PM
I'd rather see Parcells here instead of Cowher but IF that was ever to happen Carl would be gone.

Hammock Parties
09-04-2007, 07:54 PM
What has he accomplished? Really, please tell me. Draft choices?

Uh, yeah. You'd have to be blind to not notice the roster turnover in his two years. We couldn't draft for shit under DV or Gunther.

Hammock Parties
09-04-2007, 07:54 PM
Absolutely. I don't think we'll win more than 5 games, and along with that I expect Herm will be shown the door (even if it's "his idea").

This is just delusional. The Chiefs will win at LEAST five games at home alone.

HemiEd
09-04-2007, 08:01 PM
It's official. Clairvoyants in all threads.

He is just now bringing in kicking competition, the week of the first regular season game.

That reeks of incompetence.

HemiEd
09-04-2007, 08:04 PM
ROFL

There are teams every year with decent-good defenses and bad-mediocre offenses that win 4-6 games.
You can argue potential, rebuilding, etc; all you want... but right now we're one injury away from being really bad.

Who would have thought that Herm would use the Raiders as a model?

HemiEd
09-04-2007, 08:09 PM
Uh, yeah. You'd have to be blind to not notice the roster turnover in his two years. We couldn't draft for shit under DV or Gunther.

Anyone in charge can turn the roster over, anyone. You missed the entire point. In fact, he did that to make it his team, at the expense of winning. Precisely my point.

What has he actually accomplished, please tell me.

Priest4Prez
09-04-2007, 08:24 PM
who said carl is going anywhere?

TN_Chief
12-02-2007, 07:48 AM
I find it incredible that people think we're gonna win 4 or 5 games. Wake up. You have to have an Oakland-type team talent-wise to win that many games. This team has a LOT of talent. We're not bottom of the barrel by any means, and we're CERTAINLY more talented than we were a year ago.We need the ability to insert a laugh track into our replies...

"Ha ha" just doesn't accurately describe the reaction to posts like this. As an aside...is there anything funnier than going back to the start of the season an seeing the posts (like this one) of people just sucking Herm/Carl dick?

TN_Chief
12-02-2007, 07:50 AM
This is just delusional. The Chiefs will win at LEAST five games at home alone.It just keeps getting better. Isn't this asshat supposedly some kind of sportswriter?

Hammock Parties
12-02-2007, 08:01 AM
Why does that make me an asshat? And are sportswriters supposed to be 100 percent right all the time or something?

For the record, if the Chiefs hadn't lost Larry Johnson for a month, they'd probably have won at least five games at home this year. I fully believe that.

chagrin
12-02-2007, 08:04 AM
We couldn't draft for shit under DV or Gunther.

98-2001 were some of the worst, I was just lookingback at them, ick

chagrin
12-02-2007, 08:05 AM
It just keeps getting better. Isn't this asshat supposedly some kind of sportswriter?

articles on warpaint don't actually make one a "sportswriter" maybe up and coming, maybe apprenticed but not full on "sportswriter".

TN_Chief
12-02-2007, 08:11 AM
For the record, if the Chiefs hadn't lost Larry Johnson for a month, they'd probably have won at least five games at home this year. I fully believe that.You're an asshat because you totally lack objectivity...an important quality for a writer of non-fiction.

What you have in abundance, however, are pathetic excuses. Like "LJ was hurt". ****. That. Shit. Winners find a way to win, period. Losers find something to hang their poor performance on.

It's easy to see why you love Herm and Carl so much...you're just like them.

TN_Chief
12-02-2007, 08:29 AM
GOATSE, for a minute I'm going to put aside my urge to slam you further and offer you some genuine friendly advice. Here we go:

1. If you're a writer of non-fiction, a "reporter" of some kind...you need to write with objectivity. Unless you're a columnist, in which case some level of personal opinion is acceptable. If this is the case (you're a columnist), consider point 2.
2. Opinions (like "they'd have probably won at least five games at home this year") should be based on some rational, observable kernel of truth. They should NOT be base solely on hope, the word of God or of pulling a sentence out of your ass.

Seriously, think about these things when you're writing.

And now, back to your regularly scheduled insults.

Hammock Parties
12-02-2007, 08:34 AM
GOATSE, for a minute I'm going to put aside my urge to slam you further and offer you some genuine friendly advice. Here we go:

1. If you're a writer of non-fiction, a "reporter" of some kind...you need to write with objectivity. Unless you're a columnist, in which case some level of personal opinion is acceptable. If this is the case (you're a columnist), consider point 2.
2. Opinions (like "they'd have probably won at least five games at home this year") should be based on some rational, observable kernel of truth. They should NOT be base solely on hope, the word of God or of pulling a sentence out of your ass.

Seriously, think about these things when you're writing.

And now, back to your regularly scheduled insults.

Your advice really wasn't necessary. These are basic rules I've known for years.

Hammock Parties
12-02-2007, 08:35 AM
You're an asshat because you totally lack objectivity...an important quality for a writer of non-fiction.

What you have in abundance, however, are pathetic excuses. Like "LJ was hurt". ****. That. Shit. Winners find a way to win, period. Losers find something to hang their poor performance on.

It's easy to see why you love Herm and Carl so much...you're just like them.

I have plenty of objectivity. You're just ignorant to it. I ripped Larry Johnson earlier this year. I bet you missed it.

And I hate Herm and Carl...they need to get the hell out of dodge.

But you didn't know that, did you? It might pay to pay a little attention next time instead of shooting your mouth off all half-cocked.

Hammock Parties
12-02-2007, 08:36 AM
articles on warpaint don't actually make one a "sportswriter" maybe up and coming, maybe apprenticed but not full on "sportswriter".

Who gives a shit? I write about sports. Everything else is spin.

Ari ümlaüt
12-02-2007, 09:05 AM
get rid of Solari and Peterson, and I think we may be okay...

chagrin
12-02-2007, 09:08 AM
Who gives a shit? I write about sports. Everything else is spin.

I'm just responding to the terminology being tossed around. I think we apply titles to anyone for anything these days and I just don't agree with it.

Hammock Parties
12-02-2007, 09:10 AM
I'm just responding to the terminology being tossed around.

Yes, you were applying spin. It's meaningless. Titles are meaningless.

TN_Chief
12-02-2007, 09:14 AM
Your advice really wasn't necessary. These are basic rules I've known for years.Then follow them, clown.

Hammock Parties
12-02-2007, 09:15 AM
Then follow them, clown.

Oh, I have. You just don't realize it. When was the last time you even read something I wrote?