PDA

View Full Version : Culpepper or Alex Smith

bsp4444
09-05-2007, 10:40 AM
Which would you start for week 1?: Culpepper against Detroit, or Alex Smith against Arizona...both are at home I think.

Also San Diego's defense or Oakland's?

DaKCMan AP
09-05-2007, 10:41 AM
Wow, your roster must be terrible.

JBucc
09-05-2007, 10:42 AM
I believe the freedom movement should now be focusing their efforts in moving liberty-minded celebrities and luminaries (both national and local) to start aggressively speaking out on behalf of Alex Smith and the message of freedom. At this juncture, these endorsements would go a long way towards providing the rocket fuel that would aid the polls further in moving in the right direction.

Ceej
09-05-2007, 10:42 AM
Alex Smith in a landslide.

Sandy Eggo's D.

carlos3652
09-05-2007, 10:43 AM
Wow, your roster must be terrible.

Actually, if he has poor QB's, it might be a sign he has good RB's and a good WR...

So his roster might be ok.. just his QB's are teh suck...

bsp4444
09-05-2007, 10:43 AM
David Garrard is still available in my league...would that be an upgrade?

Archie Bunker
09-05-2007, 10:44 AM
Smith, even though I think Culpepper will surprise people this year.

SD's D

EyePod
Wow... Detroit actually has a decent offense (passing wise) and Chicago isn't terrible... but I'd go with San Diego. Oakland's defense is great but they're going to be on the field the entire game, while San Diego has the offense to complement its defense.

BIG_DADDY
Smith

The Franchise
Over Culpepper yes....

Jilly
09-05-2007, 10:48 AM
Alex Smith; San Diego's d; I think oakland will need a few games to warm up to their potential

Archie Bunker
09-05-2007, 10:48 AM

I'd go with Garrard

Hailchief
09-05-2007, 10:53 AM
Smith......Sleeper this year...Hopefully you have good rb's and wrs....

Chief Chief
09-05-2007, 11:08 AM
Culpepper & Oakland's D

dj56dt58
09-05-2007, 11:19 AM
Smith, SD

bsp4444
09-05-2007, 01:10 PM
Smith......Sleeper this year...Hopefully you have good rb's and wrs....

This week I'm playing:

Shaun Alexander
Travis Henry

Reggie Wayne
Reggie Brown

Benching :
Leon Washington
Deuce McCallister

Bernard Berrian

crazycoffey
09-05-2007, 02:57 PM
alex smith

HolmeZz
09-05-2007, 03:00 PM
Culpepper's not starting, so Smith.

Basileus777
09-05-2007, 03:06 PM
I don't want to create yet another fantasy thread, so I am going to ask here.

Should I start:
Reggie Bush or Clinton Portis
Carson Palmer (against Baltimore) or Matt Hasselbeck

Simply Red
09-05-2007, 03:06 PM
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/YIcMolthnX0"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YIcMolthnX0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

crazycoffey
09-05-2007, 03:07 PM

Should I start:

Bush and Hasselbeck

ct
09-05-2007, 03:09 PM
Alex Smith (CPep should not have been drafted, imo). And yes Garrard is an upgrade over Culpepper, even if he were starting, which apparently he is not this week. Anybody else available?

Start Bush over Portis, and I'd go Hasselbeck vs. TB this week, one of the very rare times I'd not start Palmer over anybody not named Peyton, as you do have a solid QB2.

ct
09-05-2007, 03:11 PM
Here's another who to start, see what your opins are:

FLEX play
Caddillac @Seattle, Ahamn Green vs. KC, or Calvin Johnson @Oakland?

crazycoffey
09-05-2007, 03:13 PM
calvin, don't jinx the chiefs and seattle has a good run d

Hydrae
09-05-2007, 03:15 PM
I like Smith this year. I am starting him in week one over Leinart.

ct
09-05-2007, 03:17 PM
calvin, don't jinx the chiefs and seattle has a good run d

I've kinda ruled out Green for just that reason, plus I'd like to see how Houston's offense looks. Seattle lost their #1 runstuffer for the year, but their secondary sucks, could be Garcia all day, and Pittman will likely get the RB receptions. I have Caddy in the lineup right now, CJ was a futures pick, not sure he's ready to start yet, but it is tempting!

bsp4444
09-05-2007, 03:20 PM
Alex Smith (CPep should not have been drafted, imo). And yes Garrard is an upgrade over Culpepper, even if he were starting, which apparently he is not this week. Anybody else available?
Charlie Frye is available.

crazycoffey
09-05-2007, 03:20 PM
CJ was a futures pick, not sure he's ready to start yet, but it is tempting!

He's not starting?

Hailchief
09-05-2007, 03:22 PM
This week I'm playing:

Shaun Alexander
Travis Henry

Reggie Wayne
Reggie Brown

Benching :
Leon Washington
Deuce McCallister

Bernard Berrian

Nice rb's....Wayne in the 3rd I presume....Might should have gotcha a QB in the 5th or 6th....Hasselback or Romo...Cutler....Kitna...Would all be better than Alex Smith...
My 2 cents

ct
09-05-2007, 03:24 PM
Charlie Frye is available.

San Fran has a week 6 BYE, you really think Frye will still be starting by then? I do not, personally. Then again, Culpepper may be starting by then, so :shrug:.

Hailchief
09-05-2007, 03:25 PM

Should I start:

Never...Ever....Ever

Bench your studs....Carson Palmer will be fine against Baltimore....

I would start Portis and Bush....Who is your other RB? If it is a decent back you should really think about changing leagues your in...cause these folks don't know how to draft...

Bush low first round pick
Palmer....second round pick in 12 man leagues
Portis 3rd round pick

Who are your receivers? M. Harrison and C. Johnson?

CHIEF

ct
09-05-2007, 03:27 PM
He's not starting?

Not officially, but they play 3 wide so often he's a quasi starter. Sounds more like "let's keep the rookie motivated" to me. CJ was drafted for the 2nd half, but I admit, I'm damn tempted to start him anyway. I share this team with my wife, and she's the steady voice of reason of the team, we balance nicely.

I still like Caddy better with Tubbs just going down a week ago, that DLine might be reeling right now. Just wanted some opinions, thanks!

Hailchief
09-05-2007, 03:29 PM
Here's another who to start, see what your opins are:

FLEX play
Caddillac @Seattle, Ahamn Green vs. KC, or Calvin Johnson @Oakland?

Tampa is going to be horrible...playing from behind all day....

Ahman Green is safe....will get the rock 25 times....specially if the Chiefs are trailing

Calvin Johnson is a solid 3rd receiver...nothing more until he proves it...He's a rookie....plus Roy is the # 1 in Detroit....

CHIEF

ct
09-05-2007, 03:29 PM
Nice rb's....Wayne in the 3rd I presume....Might should have gotcha a QB in the 5th or 6th....Hasselback or Romo...Cutler....Kitna...Would all be better than Alex Smith...
My 2 cents

You can win w/out the frontline QB, especially with those 4 RBs. Too bad you can't play 3 of them though. Alex Smith is allright, but you needed 2 guys at that level, not the deep deep scrapin the barrel guys like Culpepper and Garrard. Go with a futures waiver like Quinn, maybe even Joey Harrington, who ain't done too bad this preseason, or perhaps a trade might be in order for you.

bsp4444
09-05-2007, 03:30 PM
My 2 cents

Yes, Reggie Wayne in the third, but I actually took Brees in the second and Travis Henry in the 4th. QB's were flying off the board and I was hosed for my second one.

Hailchief
09-05-2007, 03:33 PM
Yes, Reggie Wayne in the third, but I actually took Brees in the second and Travis Henry in the 4th. QB's were flying off the board and I was hosed for my second one.

We shouldn't even be having this conversation then...Start your Studs...

Brees

Love the match up as well against Indy

CHIEF

bsp4444
09-05-2007, 03:33 PM
You can win w/out the frontline QB, especially with those 4 RBs. Too bad you can't play 3 of them though. Alex Smith is allright, but you needed 2 guys at that level, not the deep deep scrapin the barrel guys like Culpepper and Garrard. Go with a futures waiver like Quinn, maybe even Joey Harrington, who ain't done too bad this preseason, or perhaps a trade might be in order for you.

Someone just picked up Quinn this morning, and Harrington was already gone. What about McCown? Is he better than Garrard?

ct
09-05-2007, 03:34 PM
Tampa is going to be horrible...playing from behind all day....

Ahman Green is safe....will get the rock 25 times....specially if the Chiefs are trailing

Calvin Johnson is a solid 3rd receiver...nothing more until he proves it...He's a rookie....plus Roy is the # 1 in Detroit....

CHIEF

CJ was my 3rd drafted WR, but I don't have to play 3. And I could easily play my 4th/5th above him (Stallworth and Winslow, TEs are WRs in my league). I'm not happy that I took Stallworth, the one I'd like to have back, but it could be ok for WR4.

Tampa could be bad, that was a risky pick, but for my 3rd/4th, along with Green, I think Caddy will be a fine mathup play.

ct
09-05-2007, 03:36 PM
Someone just picked up Quinn this morning, and Harrington was already gone. What about McCown? Is he better than Garrard?

Is this a 2QB start league? You've got Brees but you're still asking for another starter?

EDIT: Just noticed SF plays Zona this week, play Smith and enjoy the MNF game.

Stay away from McCown. Honestly I think he and Culpepper will be a nightmare week2week headache all year. Drop CPep for Garrard.

bsp4444
09-05-2007, 03:37 PM
We shouldn't even be having this conversation then...Start your Studs...

Brees

Love the match up as well against Indy

CHIEF

My question was Alex Smith or Culpepper, before I was informed that Culpepper wasn't going to start. I was planning on starting Brees. I just don't know what Alex Smith will do. I guess we'll find out, the vote seems to be for Smith and San Diego's defense.

Thanks for everyone's input.

bsp4444
09-05-2007, 03:38 PM
Is this a 2QB start league? You've got Brees but you're still asking for another starter?

Stay away from McCown. Honestly I think he and Culpepper will be a nightmare week2week headache all year.

Yes 2 QB's
2 RB's
2 WR's
1 TE
2 K's
1 Def

Basileus777
09-05-2007, 04:11 PM
Never...Ever....Ever

Bench your studs....Carson Palmer will be fine against Baltimore....

I would start Portis and Bush....Who is your other RB? If it is a decent back you should really think about changing leagues your in...cause these folks don't know how to draft...

Bush low first round pick
Palmer....second round pick in 12 man leagues
Portis 3rd round pick

Who are your receivers? M. Harrison and C. Johnson?

CHIEF

Yeah, my competition let some real gems fall. Plus its a six team league, everyone's team is stacked. I do have another team in a 12 man league and that team is not nearly as crazy.

And my other rb is Steven Jackson. :)

StcChief
09-05-2007, 04:13 PM
Culpeeper for the loss.

Hydrae
09-05-2007, 04:50 PM
Yes 2 QB's
2 RB's
2 WR's
1 TE
2 K's
1 Def

Odd set up. 2 QB's and 2 K's? :bong:

HolmeZz
09-05-2007, 05:35 PM
Just traded away LJ, Hasselbeck, and Braylon Edwards for Carson Palmer, Brian Westbrook, and Andre Johnson.

Going into Week 1 looking like this:

QB: Carson Palmer, Tony Romo
WR: Steve Smith, Anquan Boldin, Andre Johnson, Darrell Jackson, Jerricho Cotchery
RB: Brian Westbrook, Reggie Bush, Maurice Jones-Drew, Edgerrin James, Adrian Peterson
TE: Antonio Gates
K: Olindo Mare
DEF: Minnesota

DaKCMan AP
09-05-2007, 05:41 PM
Just traded away LJ, Hasselbeck, and Braylon Edwards for Carson Palmer, Brian Westbrook, and Andre Johnson.

Going into Week 1 looking like this:

QB: Carson Palmer, Tony Romo
WR: Steve Smith, Anquan Boldin, Andre Johnson, Darrell Jackson, Jerricho Cotchery
RB: Brian Westbrook, Reggie Bush, Maurice Jones-Drew, Edgerrin James, Adrian Peterson
TE: Antonio Gates
K: Olindo Mare
DEF: Minnesota

Jeez..did you take his lunch money too?

I hope this is a 6-team league or you're playing with ****ing retards.

HolmeZz
09-05-2007, 05:42 PM
8 team league with some friends, one of them who is a retard. He's got a few decent players though so it's more like a 7 and a half team league.

bsp4444
09-05-2007, 08:54 PM
Odd set up. 2 QB's and 2 K's? :bong:

Yeah, I don't know why we play two kickers. I'd rather have an extra rb/wr slot than two kickers. Maybe I'll petition the league for that.

Vegas_Dave
09-05-2007, 09:03 PM
Definately Culpepper. He will have the most impressive Bench stats in the league in week 1 (since he isnt starting)