PDA

View Full Version : Herms wife is calling the shots

chiefbowe82
09-05-2007, 03:29 PM
Q: You had Jon McGraw in New York. Did you seek him out or did the organization do it or did he come to you?

EDWARDS: “The wives started talking again. My wife knew his wife. It’s kind of ironic and this is a true story and the kind of kid Jon McGraw is and his family is. My wife was pregnant with our first child and his wife came over to the hospital and stayed with my wife for about 20 hours. But the story’s better: we traded Jon McGraw to Detroit. He was going to Detroit and his wife is staying with my wife at the hospital. That’s the kind of people they are. That’s what you’re getting with Jon McGraw and his wife.

“When it all transpired and he was going to be a free agent and Detroit was trying to get him back, the wives spoke and I was going to Indianapolis to the [scouting] Combine and he was packing his car to go back to Detroit. My wife said, ‘you’ve got to call him.’ I said, OK, and I called Jon and talked to him and asked him what he was doing.. I said, ‘you’re not going back’ and now he’s here.”

BigChiefFan
09-05-2007, 03:31 PM
McGraw will be a good special teamer and he obviously has some convictions in life. I'm okay with considering the guy's character.

Crashride
09-05-2007, 03:31 PM
lol yea I noticed that in the other thread

Mr. Laz
09-05-2007, 03:32 PM
i don't like that much

i want coaches to decide the team by talent ... not by friendships

Braincase
09-05-2007, 03:39 PM
Couldn't his wife be friend's of Dwight Freeney's wife, and maybe Jason Taylor?

SBK
09-05-2007, 03:40 PM
i don't like that much

I would prefer that we go after guys we don't know too. :rolleyes:

Crashride
I would prefer that we go after guys we don't know too. :rolleyes:

Thats happens no matter what for the most part. Just most coaches arent that dumb to announce it to the media

ct
Reeks of DV

Archie Bunker
09-05-2007, 03:41 PM
Let the overreaction and non-stop crying begin.

OnTheWarpath15
09-05-2007, 03:45 PM

No shit.

Something tells me the mods are in no hurry to change back to The Lounge from Panic Planet.

And why should they be? It's a perfect fit.

That, and "PanicOverreactionNon-StopCryingChickenLittleBullshit" Planet is too long......

MichaelH
09-05-2007, 03:48 PM
i don't like that much

Yep, they should have learned that with Dick.

JBucc
09-05-2007, 03:49 PM
It's ok to get people you know if they're actually good.

Mr. Laz
09-05-2007, 03:52 PM
let the crying and bitching about the crying and bitching begin.

Crashride
09-05-2007, 03:53 PM

My head hurts now :(

kcxiv
09-05-2007, 03:54 PM
omg, lets over react to a guy thats solid on special teams.!!!!!!!!

HemiEd
09-05-2007, 03:54 PM
Thats happens no matter what for the most part. Just most coaches arent that dumb to announce it to the media

Bingo! LMAO
It reminds me of last year, when we hit the Superfecta and SF beat the Broncos. He didn't know it, his wife told him IIRC.

Reerun_KC
09-05-2007, 03:55 PM

Stop it... Why are you doing this to us? Why?

Crashride
09-05-2007, 03:57 PM
Bingo! LMAO
It reminds me of last year, when we hit the Superfecta and SF beat the Broncos. He didn't know it, his wife told him IIRC.

LOL he tries to act all tough like he doesnt watch but you know he is sittin there with his "warm" donuts colorin his easter eggs...even though it isnt easter...watching every second of that game

Archie Bunker
09-05-2007, 04:06 PM

It gets old seeing one group of people saying the same thing over and over and nitpicking every little thing that Herm says. Then seeing the another people group of people defend Herm.

I've read and typed the same thing for over a year now. Real exciting.

Carry on.

Reerun_KC
09-05-2007, 04:08 PM
It gets old seeing one group of people saying the same thing over and over and nitpicking every little thing that Herm says. Then seeing the another people group of people defend Herm.

Carry on.

Are we talking about Sammie Parker agian?????? Over and over and over agian....

StcChief
09-05-2007, 04:11 PM
I will let Herm do his job if it doesn't work his way, He's gone. We've been living this for 30+ years

Mr. Laz
09-05-2007, 04:16 PM

Carry on.
and it gets old seeing people bitch at other people for not thinking the same way about their sports team as they do.

Rain Man
09-05-2007, 06:42 PM
Can we PLEASE introduce his wife to Peyton Manning's wife?