PDA

View Full Version : Colin Cowherd picks his "least watchable" game of Week 1...it's not Oakland/Detroit.

htismaqe
09-06-2007, 08:24 AM
It's our team.

We're the laughingstocks of the league...

chris
09-06-2007, 08:29 AM
It's our team.

maybe just a little too much over reaction??? :)

Would you watch the Colts vs. the Texans??

Face it, we are not a marque, east coast team.

talastan
09-06-2007, 08:30 AM
Good it'll give LJ another chip on his shoulder. Put em' down Chiefs!!

Seriously it seems like the Chiefs are the media punching bag of 2007. No freaking Primetime games at Arrowhead, everyone saying we're the worst of the worst in every catagory; except maybe running back and TE. Oh well at least HBO has showed some love with Hard Knocks.

HonestChieffan
09-06-2007, 08:32 AM
who is the guy and are there really people who rate games watchability? for freaking what? Are these people paid?

Good lord.

crazycoffey
A bet I hope I lose this weekend, the chiefs under.

Chiefs - LJ runs two in and gets 150, Def gets two more, and TG gets one. Add to that a few FG's and suddenly we aren't looked down upon by the likes of Oakland and Detroit.....

htismaqe

Over reaction?

#15 OAKLAND RAIDERS vs. DETROIT LIONS

We're ranked BELOW that.

No over reaction, the entire league is laughing at us.

OnTheWarpath15
09-06-2007, 08:34 AM
Not like this is a new phenomenon.....

If we're not playing the Colts, Broncos, Pats or Chargers, the national guys don't give a shit.

Boy I'm really broken up that Colin Cowherd doesn't want to watch our game. Three words for Colin:

Then don't, ****stick.

beach tribe
09-06-2007, 08:35 AM
Over reaction?

We're ranked BELOW that.

One cowherders opinion does not a laughing stock make.

HemiEd
09-06-2007, 08:35 AM
The local radio show, ESPN Radio was really yukking it up about the Chiefs yesterday. Basically saying the Bears had a bye the second week.
They were critical of how Herm has handled Brodie Croyle, giving him no chance to succeed.
They were even making fun of Mrs. Croyle's comments and southern drawl.
Herm might as well go ahead and install the wingedT and make it complete.

Damn, I hope Herm has the last laugh though.

htismaqe
09-06-2007, 08:36 AM

Have you watched ESPN or NFLN lately? Or listened to ESPN or Fox Sports radio?

How about this - have you watched the Chiefs play in preseason?

Chiefnj2
09-06-2007, 08:40 AM
Damon Huard and Hermball aren't ratings producers? Big shock. The Texans aren't a ratings giant? Big shock.

Aside from Chiefs and Texans fans, this game has no appeal.

DMAC
09-06-2007, 08:41 AM
If I was coach, I would use this as a motivational factor.

Have Boomer help.

KICK THEIR ASS!! SHOW 'EM!!!

htismaqe
09-06-2007, 08:42 AM
Damon Huard and Hermball aren't ratings producers? Big shock. The Texans aren't a ratings giant? Big shock.

:clap:

Frazod
09-06-2007, 08:45 AM
The local radio show, ESPN Radio was really yukking it up about the Chiefs yesterday. Basically saying the Bears had a bye the second week.
They were critical of how Herm has handled Brodie Croyle, giving him no chance to succeed.
They were even making fun of Mrs. Croyle's comments and southern drawl.
Herm might as well go ahead and install the wingedT and make it complete.

Damn, I hope Herm has the last laugh though.

To be fair, these are the same retards who get confused when the Cubs don't win the world series every year.

Skip Towne
09-06-2007, 08:46 AM
You 're not allowed to have an opinion until you have 3000 posts.

dirk digler
09-06-2007, 08:51 AM
Who gives a shit I don't even know who Colin what the **** is his name is.

CHASE
09-06-2007, 08:52 AM
DAMN, only 2995 to go.

beach tribe
09-06-2007, 08:52 AM

I don't put stock into anything the "analysts" say.

And yes, I did watch the PRESEASON.
You do mean the games we played with no LJ, Dunn, McIntosh, or hardly any of the starters playing together at the same time in our vanilla offense?

Great foundation for prognostication. Just ask Salisbury.

We will grind the ball. It won't be pretty, but it will move the chains.

crazycoffey
09-06-2007, 08:53 AM
DAMN, only 2995 to go.

It's not that hard - a - task.....
(or so I hear)

DMAC
09-06-2007, 08:55 AM
Who gives a shit I don't even know who Colin what the **** is his name is.DO YOU WANT A FLAT PANEL TV BUT CANT AFFORD IT!!!!!??????

beach tribe
09-06-2007, 08:55 AM
You 're not allowed to have an opinion until you have 3000 posts.
I guess I better keep posting.

Demonpenz
09-06-2007, 08:58 AM
i can see this. I want to see what that freak charles johnson looks like and sapp and the radiers parade of penalty and mistakes makes you want to watch. The chiefs are going to play fundamentally sound football. Run the football and stop the run. It isn't exciting but it wins games .

the Talking Can
09-06-2007, 09:03 AM

and how many Chiefs fans actually want to see the Damon Huard and a Cloud of Dust offense?

htismaqe
09-06-2007, 09:05 AM
Yeah, it wins just enough games to be considered FOR the playoffs, but not actually win IN the playoffs.

Nzoner
09-06-2007, 09:05 AM
It's been a regular thing on the Sirius NFL radio and NFL Network as well so I can only hope the team will use it as motivation for a good season.

Bowser
09-06-2007, 09:10 AM
and how many Chiefs fans actually want to see the Damon Huard and a Cloud of Dust offense?

The proper terminology is "Three Yards and a Pile of Shit Offense".

crazycoffey
09-06-2007, 09:14 AM
Well, I'm happy....
I just looked it up, CBS will air this game opposite the Rams, in St. Louie.

http://www.tvguide.com/Listings/default.aspx

htismaqe
09-06-2007, 09:17 AM
It's been a regular thing on the Sirius NFL radio and NFL Network as well so I can only hope the team will use it as motivation for a good season.

I'm sure they will.

9 wins is a good season.

Some of us are sick of good seasons.

InChiefsHeaven
09-06-2007, 09:17 AM
I'm not so sure it's just the Chiefs that makes this an un-appealing game to watch...pretty sure the Texans might have a ton to do with it as well...

...it's because the Texans suck, and the Chiefs will blow their doors off...yeah, yeah, that's it!!

stevieray
09-06-2007, 09:18 AM
I'm sure they will.

9 wins is a good season.

like who? you? say it ain't so... :)

TEX
I'm sure they will.

9 wins is a good season.

Repost. :deevee:

dirk digler
I'm sure they will.

9 wins is a good season.

You're becoming more doom and gloom than illogical.

I will at least wait until after we get trounced by the Texans to be negative.

mikey23545
09-06-2007, 09:19 AM
Over reaction?

We're ranked BELOW that.

God, I wish I could open a Kotex Outlet Store website and advertise on this BB......

ROFL

dj56dt58
09-06-2007, 09:19 AM
I think we're gonna be fine,IF Herm Edwards decides to start going downfield after we establish the run. Once you get teams looking for the run, it helps the offensive line get better in pass protection as the defense is looking for the run. Then after you establish the run, start mixing it up with some passes. D doesn't know what to look for, or when, which helps the offensive line become successful and build confidence and start to gel. That's kina how the Chiefs built their offensve under Vermeil. They had a great running back under Priest and established the run every game, then started mixing it up. Difference is Vermeil was wiling to throw the ball and they had Roaf. The Chiefs will get the run established, it's what they do after that that will ultimately determine the course of this offense, and the season

TEX
09-06-2007, 09:21 AM
Yeah, it wins just enough games to be considered FOR the playoffs, but not actually win IN the playoffs.

Well I bet this year we get nowhere near the playoffs. So, that should at least make you a bit happy. Right?

FringeNC
09-06-2007, 09:21 AM
How the mighty have fallen...

The Chiefs used to be the most entertaining team to watch. It sucks when there is no upside for your team. If everything falls into place, we could get lucky and back into the playoffs again at 9-7. Playing not to lose football is a guaranteed losing strategy in the playoffs. It makes rooting for the Chiefs to win in the regular season pointless.

Simply Red
09-06-2007, 09:22 AM
It's our team.

Funny stuff. Yeah actually I was listening to him and heard him say that. I really like that guy though.

Nzoner
09-06-2007, 09:23 AM

Don't get me wrong,good seasons are one of the reasons I gave up my tickets,it was the only voice I had to send a message.

I'm sick to death as well of good seasons and the spin of making the play-offs etc.Carl's had his 5 years X 3 to bring a trophy to KC and I'm one fan who is ready to move on.

It's truly a love/hate relationship.

Simply Red
09-06-2007, 09:25 AM
He did say; the only reason he'd want to watch any of this game was to watch Houston's new QB.

StcChief
09-06-2007, 09:27 AM
Who? a new talking head. That isn't worth a crap either

Nzoner
09-06-2007, 09:28 AM
He did say; the only reason he'd want to watch any of this game was to watch Houston's new QB.

I love the NFL as a whole,I'm looking forward to this game not only because it's my home team but I want to see Schaub as well as Jacoby Jones play,and no neither of them have fantasy value to me.

Mi_chief_fan
09-06-2007, 09:30 AM
Well, Cowherd is never wrong. He probably thinks that Notre Dame/Penn St. will be the best college game to watch this weekend.

TEX
09-06-2007, 09:34 AM
I love the NFL as a whole,I'm looking forward to this game not only because it's my home team but I want to see Schaub as well as Jacoby Jones play,and no neither of them have fantasy value to me.

Jones could be this years Colsten...The kid was a steal. He and Johnson as a tandem are going to be hard to cover.

htismaqe
09-06-2007, 09:34 AM
Well I bet this year we get nowhere near the playoffs. So, that should at least make you a bit happy. Right?

We won't make the playoffs, but we'll be "close" enough to justify starting Huard the entire year.

htismaqe
09-06-2007, 09:35 AM
God, I wish I could open a Kotex Outlet Store website and advertise on this BB......

ROFL

I take it you're happy with the last 18 years?

htismaqe
You're becoming more doom and gloom than illogical.

Hey, the Chiefs made me this way.

htismaqe
like who? you? say it ain't so... :)

It is so.

I'm mad as hell, and I'm not gonna take it anymore.

Simply Red
09-06-2007, 09:36 AM
Who? a new talking head. That isn't worth a crap either
His knowledge is fair. But he is VERY entertaining.

TEX
09-06-2007, 09:36 AM
We won't make the playoffs, but we'll be "close" enough to justify starting Huard the entire year.

Well I see it differently. I'm betting we'll only win 5. Huard won't last the whole year. We'll get to see if Brodie has "it" or not.

htismaqe
09-06-2007, 09:37 AM
Well, Cowherd is never wrong. He probably thinks that Notre Dame/Penn St. will be the best college game to watch this weekend.

Not surprising that this thread became an indictment of Cowherd (I can't stand him personally) and other well-known talking heads.

While everybody continues to ignore the fact that it's not just Cowherd or Sean Salisbury.

It's EVERYBODY.

Even the respected, GOOD talking heads think the Chiefs are one of the dumbest teams in the league.

htismaqe
09-06-2007, 09:38 AM
Well I see it differently. I'm betting we'll only win 5. Huard won't last the whole year. We'll get to see if Brodie has "it" or not.

Carl Peterson has never lost 11 games as the GM of the Chiefs.

dirk digler
09-06-2007, 09:39 AM
Hey, the Chiefs made me this way.

Right now there is no need to be negative we are in first place and haven't lost a game yet.

The season kicks off tonight and I am excited as hell and can't wait until Sunday

FAX
09-06-2007, 09:39 AM
All aboard the Doom Train!!!

First stop, Reliant Stadium.

FAX

Mi_chief_fan
09-06-2007, 09:40 AM
Not surprising that this thread became an indictment of Cowherd (I can't stand him personally) and other well-known talking heads.

While everybody continues to ignore the fact that it's not just Cowherd or Sean Salisbury.

It's EVERYBODY.

Even the respected, GOOD talking heads think the Chiefs are one of the dumbest teams in the league.
Htismaqe is never wrong. He probably think the Iowa Hawkeyes are national title contenders this yeae. :)

OnTheWarpath15
09-06-2007, 09:41 AM

And he's only lost 10 ONCE.

dj56dt58
09-06-2007, 09:41 AM
maybe if the chiefs had more white people they would be more entertaining...

Simply Red
09-06-2007, 09:45 AM

It's EVERYBODY.

Wasn't trying to sensationalize him. I do, however find him very entertaining and quite funny. I'm surprised you can't stand him.

BIG_DADDY
09-06-2007, 09:50 AM

Until now. We can only hope that earns him a pink slip.

HC_Chief
09-06-2007, 09:53 AM
Until now. We can only hope that earns him a pink slip.

Don't hold your breath.

JBucc
09-06-2007, 09:55 AM
I just hope Sopcast works so I can watch it.

FAX
09-06-2007, 10:00 AM
Personally, I'm torn on this. There's a part of me that wants to see how we stack up against the mighty, fearsome Texans. Then, there's another part that just wants to rewire my stereo instead.

FAX

boogblaster
09-06-2007, 10:04 AM
Well it's going to be a D led football team..low scores and high running yardage..thats Herm's coaching skills..if we do make the POs we may win 1 game depends on who we draw ...

NUMBER7
09-06-2007, 10:07 AM
On Mike and Mike this morning Gollick picked the Chiefs to finish 9-7 and miss the playoffs.

beach tribe
09-06-2007, 10:10 AM

It's EVERYBODY.

You should know that none of them like, care about, or follow the Chiefs.

They look at the PRESEASON games and box scores and say"well, they didn't do shit, they will definately suck".

I mean no disrespect, but it's Basically the same thing you've been doing.
There is no way you can draw a conclusion from what we've done.

EyePod
09-06-2007, 10:10 AM

You know, there was a really good article on WPI (I know, it's shocking).
http://chiefs.scout.com/2/676280.html

He made some great points about how EVERYTHING was better this preseason, and that was with major injuries. D-Mac, J. Dunn, and we didn't even have LJ in. Now that we have McIntosh back, my whole outlook on the season has changed. We have reasons to believe.

Mr. Plow
09-06-2007, 10:13 AM

I'm not even sure Chiefs fans & Texans fans want to watch this game.

beach tribe
09-06-2007, 10:15 AM

He made some great points about how EVERYTHING was better this preseason, and that was with major injuries. D-Mac, J. Dunn, and we didn't even have LJ in. Now that we have McIntosh back, my whole outlook on the season has changed. We have reasons to believe.
NO NO. The play of our back-ups tells the whole story. :rolleyes:

OnTheWarpath15
09-06-2007, 10:17 AM

I know Texans fans do.

They think they are gonna whip our ass.

If Schaub has time to throw, it could be a long day.....

Skip Towne
09-06-2007, 10:17 AM

You're new here aren't you?

Chiefnj2
09-06-2007, 10:18 AM

Sadly, I agree. But for some reason if a national personality points this out he is part of some national conspiracy against the great, entertaining all mighty Chiefs.

The most entertaining thing about the Chiefs all preseason has been Herm's interviews. I don't think it will change the next 17 weeks.

Mr. Plow
09-06-2007, 10:23 AM

I can draw the conclusion that our "starters" had 1, 2, or MAYBE 3 drives in the preseason. Screw scoring, I'm talking about just moving the ball.

Go ahead and give the standard excuses.....LJ wasn't there, player X was hurt, player Y was staring at the cheerleaders.....The fact is, we looked like crap in the preseason. Worse than I personally have ever seen a KC team look.

crazycoffey
09-06-2007, 10:29 AM
You're new here aren't you?

:LOL:

beach tribe
09-06-2007, 10:30 AM
I can draw the conclusion that our "starters" had 1, 2, or MAYBE 3 drives in the preseason. Screw scoring, I'm talking about just moving the ball.

Go ahead and give the standard excuses.....LJ wasn't there, player X was hurt, player Y was staring at the cheerleaders.....The fact is, we looked like crap in the preseason. Worse than I personally have ever seen a KC team look.
LJ makes the offense go period...,and I don't believe our single back,two tight end, starting offense HAD ANY drives.

You know, our best and most frequently used formation.

Mr. Plow
09-06-2007, 10:33 AM
So what you're saying is that LJ is going to have to literally carry this offense. 500 carries....HERE WE COME!

King_Chief_Fan
09-06-2007, 10:38 AM
It's our team.

Thank you Herm.......and you too Carl

kcfanXIII
09-06-2007, 10:56 AM
bottom line: chiefs are rebuilding, no one likes to watch a team in transition because they often have sub par players playing key positions. no one wants to see huard stumble around the pocket before fumbling the ball during his 5000 year wind up/release. no one wants to see this patched together offensive line try to slow down a real pass rush.

those of you thinking we don't know how good this team is, and that we should wait to pass judgment, must have missed all of the preseason. the o-line looked like it couldn't block a pop warner team , with no o-line, no running game, and with herm no running game means no offense.

call me doom and gloom, a pessimist, or a fair weather fan all you want. read the writing on the wall, this offensive team is hurad-able. give up hope now, before it crushes you when we go 6-10 or 7-9.

svuba
09-06-2007, 11:05 AM

I firmly believe there's no sense in being pessimistic about our chances this season... mainly because doing so wouldn't work anyway.

Direckshun
09-06-2007, 11:06 AM
It's our team.

I'll try to find a place in my heart where I care.

DaneMcCloud
09-06-2007, 11:12 AM

ROFL

Yeah, blame it on the East Coast media.

This team isn't even a marquee Midwest team!

If the Chiefs win 5 games this year, I'll be stoked.

I think it's gonna be a long, long, long year...

Frazod
09-06-2007, 11:15 AM
This from FoxSports week one forecast. Every other game rated a paragraph - ours got six bulletpoints:

Chiefs at Texans:

1. Larry Johnson is toast after toting the ball 416 times last year.

2. Herm Edwards and Mike Solari's offensive system could make dirt snore.

3. The Texans have a spiffy new offensive backfield (Matt Schaub and Ahman Green) but the same old problems on the offensive line.

4. Gary Kubiak's offense is only slightly more exciting than Solari's,

5. These two teams might not reach the over-under of 38 in a three-game series.

6. With all of the draw plays on 3rd-and-15, this game may clock in at under two-and-a-half hours.

And blow me if it's a repost.

Wile_E_Coyote
09-06-2007, 11:24 AM
We get to listen to Salomn Wilcox(sp?) that tells you all you need to know

HemiEd
09-06-2007, 11:34 AM
bottom line: chiefs are rebuilding,.
I stopped after this comment, we are NOT rebuilding. Kyle Turley and Donnie Edwards are just two examples of why we are not.

Dr. Van Halen
09-06-2007, 11:34 AM
ROFL

Yeah, blame it on the East Coast media.

This team isn't even a marquee Midwest team!

If the Chiefs win 5 games this year, I'll be stoked.

I think it's gonna be a long, long, long year...

The East Coast thing has some validity. These sportscasters live in NYC and have personal feelings about Herm Edwards from when he coached the Jets. Many of them are Jets fans and felt relieved/betrayed when he jilted them.

Dr. Van Halen
09-06-2007, 11:35 AM
bottom line: chiefs are rebuilding, no one likes to watch a team in transition because they often have sub par players playing key positions. no one wants to see huard stumble around the pocket before fumbling the ball during his 5000 year wind up/release. no one wants to see this patched together offensive line try to slow down a real pass rush.

those of you thinking we don't know how good this team is, and that we should wait to pass judgment, must have missed all of the preseason. the o-line looked like it couldn't block a pop warner team , with no o-line, no running game, and with herm no running game means no offense.

call me doom and gloom, a pessimist, or a fair weather fan all you want. read the writing on the wall, this offensive team is hurad-able. give up hope now, before it crushes you when we go 6-10 or 7-9.

Rack him!

No, I don't mean like on Jim Rome's show. I mean someone please kick him in the balls.

FAX
09-06-2007, 11:39 AM
This from FoxSports week one forecast. Every other game rated a paragraph - ours got six bulletpoints:

Chiefs at Texans:

1. Larry Johnson is toast after toting the ball 416 times last year.

2. Herm Edwards and Mike Solari's offensive system could make dirt snore.

3. The Texans have a spiffy new offensive backfield (Matt Schaub and Ahman Green) but the same old problems on the offensive line.

4. Gary Kubiak's offense is only slightly more exciting than Solari's,

6. With all of the draw plays on 3rd-and-15, this game may clock in at under two-and-a-half hours.

And blow me if it's a I have nothing to add.

ROFL

If two of our offensive players collide into each other in the backfield during a shift, I'm going to vomit.

FAX

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-06-2007, 11:42 AM
The East Coast thing has some validity. These sportscasters live in NYC and have personal feelings about Herm Edwards from when he coached the Jets. Many of them are Jets fans and felt relieved/betrayed when he jilted them.

Jilted them??

The Jets fans were ready to throw a VE-day level parade when Herm left.

Mr. Plow
09-06-2007, 11:44 AM
bottom line: chiefs are rebuilding,

This is where one of my issues with this years Chiefs team come in. I can see we are rebuilding.....lots of others can see we are rebuilding....but Carl doesn't see it and starts Huard. Not that Croyle did anything to earn it, but damn...

kcfanXIII
09-06-2007, 11:44 AM
I stopped after this comment, we are NOT rebuilding. Kyle Turley and Donnie Edwards are just two examples of why we are not.

turley is a stop gap. edwards should have never left, carl is making things right there. sure, if we're rebuilding there should be more youngsters starting, but thats hard with CP breathing down your neck saying "win now, or else." also, if we're not rebuilding, this will be the worst team peterson has ever fielded, forcing NEXT year to be the rebuilding year. in case you didn't finish my first post, the o-line sucks so bad, the offense will not be able to move the ball without larry doing it. and we all know LJ can't carry this team on his own. now take off your homer glasses and go **** yourself.

evolve27
09-06-2007, 11:46 AM
Cowherds on the tweak.

kcfanXIII
09-06-2007, 11:47 AM
Rack him!

No, I don't mean like on Jim Rome's show. I mean someone please kick him in the balls.

i'm glad i moved you enough to post, mr. .333/a day.

Mr. Plow
09-06-2007, 11:48 AM

ROFL

kcfanXIII
09-06-2007, 11:50 AM
This is where one of my issues with this years Chiefs team come in. I can see we are rebuilding.....lots of others can see we are rebuilding....but Carl doesn't see it and starts Huard. Not that Croyle did anything to earn it, but damn...

i agree, i would much rather see what brodie's got, even if it does sacrifice the extra 2-3 wins damon "i'm" huard-able MIGHT get us, at the end of the year, we're still left not knowing if brodie is an nfl qb. delaying the process of finding out untill next year.

evolve27
09-06-2007, 11:50 AM
He'll jump on the bandwagon once the Chiefs win the AFC West this year.

Dr. Van Halen
09-06-2007, 11:51 AM
Jilted them??

The Jets fans were ready to throw a VE-day level parade when Herm left.

Not all of them. Many felt he screwed them over.

Chiefnj2
09-06-2007, 11:51 AM
Not all of them. Many felt he screwed them over.
They were happy he left. They were unhappy with his dishonesty.

RustShack
09-06-2007, 11:52 AM
He'll jump on the bandwagon once the Chiefs win the AFC West this year.

They always do

kcfanXIII
09-06-2007, 11:56 AM
no band wagon jumping here. see, i'm a fan. i will root them on, even after a 1-3 start, i will root them on untill i'm dead and can root no more. i would eat my crow if we do ANYTHING. but before i'm a fan, i live in a place called reality, and in reality this offense is not that good. the only hope the chiefs have is if their defense scores points in every game, and once again, in reality that doesn't happen.

evolve27
09-06-2007, 12:07 PM
With LJ, D-Mac, Bowe, Huard, we're gonna look totally different. Nobody's gonna expect us and that might be our advantage point to offsetting other people's game plans. Webb will be more involved this year as well so you never know. I won't count our O out till i've seen live regular season action then my opinion might waiver slightly I have a good feeling we're gonna look back at this preseason and not even remember it.

jeffery
09-06-2007, 12:15 PM
i am so f*cking pissed that everyone is writing us off like were the efing faiders or or somthing. we had a worse preseason last year and still made the playoffs...and would have won if d-huard started. we will be just fine. i predict 10-6

kcfanXIII
09-06-2007, 12:16 PM
With LJ, D-Mac, Bowe, Huard, we're gonna look totally different. Nobody's gonna expect us and that might be our advantage point to offsetting other people's game plans. Webb will be more involved this year as well so you never know. I won't count our O out till i've seen live regular season action then my opinion might waiver slightly I have a good feeling we're gonna look back at this preseason and not even remember it.

no one ever remembers pre season. you're right, we haven't seen d-mac, but we don't really know if he's going to be good or just an I-65 clone. LJ can't carry the whole load, bowe probably won't start right away, huard will make you wish for steve bono by the end of the year, and webb has shown nothing to make me think he'll be a factor. i mean webb couldn't even beat out sammie "featherstone" parker last year.

htismaqe
09-06-2007, 12:30 PM
Htismaqe is never wrong. He probably think the Iowa Hawkeyes are national title contenders this yeae. :)

That would be interesting considering that I've CONSISTENTLY said in the 7 years that I've posted here that anybody that thinks the Hawkeyes are a national title contender is an idiot.

:hmmm:

Mi_chief_fan
09-06-2007, 12:33 PM
That would be interesting considering that I've CONSISTENTLY said in the 7 years that I've posted here that anybody that thinks the Hawkeyes are a national title contender is an idiot.

:hmmm:
So, why are you so attracted to mediocrity? :p

htismaqe
09-06-2007, 12:34 PM

Reasons to believe we'll be 9-7 and making the playoffs by the skin of our teeth.

Color me unimpressed. I've seen that before.

evolve27
09-06-2007, 12:34 PM
no one ever remembers pre season. you're right, we haven't seen d-mac, but we don't really know if he's going to be good or just an I-65 clone. LJ can't carry the whole load, bowe probably won't start right away, huard will make you wish for steve bono by the end of the year, and webb has shown nothing to make me think he'll be a factor. i mean webb couldn't even beat out sammie "featherstone" parker last year.

“We've lost some players already, (but) we're not all of a sudden going to make it a gloom-and-doom situation.”
--Herman Edwards

htismaqe
09-06-2007, 12:35 PM
So, why are you so attracted to mediocrity? :p

The Hawkeyes aren't mediocre. They've done rather well in recent years considering the fact that things in the NCAA ARE NOT EQUAL.

The Chiefs, on the other hand, have NO EXCUSES.

htismaqe
09-06-2007, 12:36 PM
You should know that none of them like, care about, or follow the Chiefs.

They look at the PRESEASON games and box scores and say"well, they didn't do shit, they will definately suck".

I mean no disrespect, but it's Basically the same thing you've been doing.

I can draw a conclusion from what Herm has done here last year and also in New York.

He's following the same damn pattern he always does. "Play not to lose". I was stupid to think he might actually change...

htismaqe
09-06-2007, 12:36 PM
On Mike and Mike this morning Gollick picked the Chiefs to finish 9-7 and miss the playoffs.

Smart man.

Mi_chief_fan
09-06-2007, 12:38 PM
The Hawkeyes aren't mediocre. They've done rather well in recent years considering the fact that things in the NCAA ARE NOT EQUAL.

Really? Why not?

Otter
09-06-2007, 12:38 PM

This is so stupid. You couldn't avoid hearing about the Chiefs when Vermiel and Saunders had the offense going full force. The media doesn't care where you're from as long as you're a hot item.

The biggest reason the Chiefs don't get any air time is because their a joke in the post-season.

No really.

evolve27
09-06-2007, 12:39 PM
“We shall be better prepared for the future if we see how terrible, how doomed the present is.”
Iris Murdoch

htismaqe
09-06-2007, 12:39 PM
Really? Why not?

You're from Michigan and you don't know?

ROFL

InChiefsHeaven
09-06-2007, 12:43 PM
The reason the Chiefs are being looked down on is because we don't have an offense that is even remotely close to what we had under DV. High scoring and exciting. Media gave the _efense a pass because the O was so damn good. Now, even if we have a top 10 D, our offense will be nothing to write home about, or write columns in newspapers about.

Bottom line, we really don't know what we have for an offense this year, there are many differences from last year. The trick to rebuilding is not starting all young guys, otherwise you will get your QB killed while the Oline learns how to block in the NFL. That's why you have to have a few veterans in there. Nobody "re-builds" with all rookies...

Fish
09-06-2007, 12:43 PM

ROFL

ROFL

Ohh boy.... this is quality.....

Mi_chief_fan
09-06-2007, 12:44 PM

ROFL
I guess not. It's not like Michigan has been any better than Iowa the past few years.

Mama Hip Rockets
09-06-2007, 12:53 PM
ok, so a team that goes 9-7 and makes significant upgrades in the offseason is the laughingstock of the league because a couple of "experts" don't think they will be good?

shouldn't we let them play a game first before we call them the laughingstock of the league?

dtebbe
09-06-2007, 01:01 PM
Predicting the Chiefs are going 9-7 and barely missing the playoffs is like predicting Chiefs fans are going to wear red on sunday. A 2 year old could figure that one out.

DT

Dr. Van Halen
09-06-2007, 01:12 PM
Reasons to believe we'll be 9-7 and making the playoffs by the skin of our teeth.

Color me unimpressed. I've seen that before.

Wow. You are one jaded fella. Making the playoffs is a big deal. It is. Most teams don't. Going 9-7 is pretty good, no matter how many times you've done it before.

Again, you don't like Edwards or Peterson and don't think the team will be good this year (largely because of them). Okay. We get it.

Mi_chief_fan
09-06-2007, 01:14 PM

ROFL
We've both been on this board a long time, but I have to ask: at what point did you start acting like a complete jerk?

keg in kc
09-06-2007, 01:15 PM
We are so being set up to have a cinderella season.

Mr. Plow
09-06-2007, 01:17 PM
We are so being set up to have a cinderella season.

All we need for that is Solari in the hospital unable to make any offensive play decisions whatsoever.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-06-2007, 01:21 PM
Wow. You are one jaded fella. Making the playoffs is a big deal. It is. Most teams don't. Going 9-7 is pretty good, no matter how many times you've done it before.

Ladies and Gentleman, if you look to your right you will see a fine specimen of indoctrination via 1 Arrowhead Drive. Notice the complacency. The docile look, the contentness with mediocrity. The fear to risk failing so that one might succeed.

Moving on to the hall of winners.....

kcfanXIII
09-06-2007, 01:26 PM
let me tell you what i learned in the preseason, the offensive line sucks. that and, as mr. plow stated, solari calling the plays will equal suck.

Micjones
09-06-2007, 01:26 PM
Who cares what the biased media mumblemouths have to say.

I can't wait!!!

kcfanXIII
09-06-2007, 01:31 PM
i will admit, i hope i'm wrong. i hope LJ is an exception and doesn't get injured. i hope the offensive line gels and is not the worst in the league. i hope we win 11 or 12 games and make the playoffs. but i can not ignore the feeling i get that none of these things will happen this year.

HemiEd
09-06-2007, 01:35 PM

ROFL

Haven't you heard? Michigan is in the Midwest! ROFL

Stinger
09-06-2007, 02:14 PM
Wow I didn't think I would have to post this before the season started.

:shake:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v250/stinger871/lemmingschiefs.jpg

ClevelandBronco
09-06-2007, 02:45 PM
who is the guy and are there really people who rate games watchability? for freaking what? Are these people paid?

Good lord.

Yes. He's paid. BTW: How much do you get for your opinion?

keg in kc
09-06-2007, 03:18 PM
I sure as hell wouldn't be watching this game if I wasn't a Chiefs fan. It has 'dog' written all over it.