PDA

View Full Version : Chance to see our QBOTF again tonight...

Coogs
09-06-2007, 10:32 AM
6:00PM Central Time on ESPN2. Watch him for a half before tuning into the Colts-Saints at 7:30.

Middle Tennessee-Louisville Preview
Top 25 Overview
Louisville, KY - 7:00 PM ET
Brian Brohm gets another opportunity to rack up the passing yards and TDs against the Blue Raiders. His Heisman campaign really begins next week, when the Cards travel to Kentucky.

Louisville Passing
CMP% YDS TD INT
Brohm 76.2 375 4 0

LOUISVILLE, Ky. (AP) -- Five minutes before a special teams meeting last Saturday, Louisville coach Steve Kragthorpe walked into the training room and saw his players gathered around a television.

The ever-punctual Kragthorpe was about to remind his players what time it was when he saw what they were watching: Appalachian State against No. 5 Michigan. Rather than flip the set off and order his players to the meeting, Kragthorpe joined them, watching transfixed as the Mountaineers shocked the Wolverines.

If Kragthorpe was worried about the No. 8 Cardinals (1-0) becoming overconfident after whipping overmatched Murray State 73-10 last week in his debut, the Mountaineers took care of it for him. Louisville hosts Middle Tennessee (0-1) on Thursday night only too wary of the pitfalls that litter the schedule.

"I've said it before and sometimes people don't believe me, but the proof is in the pudding, anybody can beat anybody," Kragthorpe said. "Nobody anticipated Appalachian State going into Ann Arbor and winning. But it happens and we're capable of being beaten just like anybody in the country."

The Cardinals hardly looked beatable in crushing the Racers, but the Blue Raiders should prove to be a slightly stiffer test. Middle Tennessee battled Louisville for more than a half during last year's meeting in Nashville before backup quarterback Hunter Cantwell -- subbing for an injured Brian Brohm -- led the Cardinals to a 44-17 victory.

"I think our players may be a little more confident having played them last year," said Middle Tennessee coach Rick Stockstill. "We hung in there pretty well until the third quarter."

Brohm will play on Thursday, and quickly answered any questions about how he would handle the transition to Kragthorpe's offense last week, throwing for 375 yards and four touchdowns and leading the Cardinals to the end zone on each of his seven drives.

"I thought Brian played extremely efficient," Kragthorpe said. "He distributed the ball well and had great command of what we were doing and we were able to make some big plays."

The Blue Raiders didn't give up a many big plays in a season-opening loss to Florida Atlantic, just a bunch of little ones. Florida Atlantic piled up 411 yards of total offense, and Stockstill's trademark spread attack turned the ball over three times and provided little protection for quarterback Joe Craddock.

"It is no secret we are scuffling up there on the offensive line," Stockstill said. "We just don't have a lot of people and that's not an excuse, that's just the way it is."

If Louisville showed any weakness last week, it was defensively. The Cardinals didn't register a sack, and the Racers moved the ball surprisingly well by spreading the field and running with quarterback Jeff Ehrhardt.

"People are spreading the field and putting four, five wide receiver sets and putting their quarterback there 6 yards in the shotgun and just grabbing it and throwing it," Kragthorpe said. "Even if it's an incompletion, it's not a negative play and second-and-10 is better than second-and-17."

Still, the Cardinals know they're going to have to adjust, particularly against a schedule that features dual threat quarterbacks like West Virginia's Pat White and South Florida's Matt Grothe.

"It's not easy to get somebody with a three-step drop," cornerback Travis Norton said. "Everything is about communication. You have to watch what your opponent is doing."

And not get caught looking ahead. The Cardinals are a week away from a showdown with archrival Kentucky. The game has traditionally been played on the opening weekend of the season, but was pushed back by the Wildcats this season. It's given the first two weeks of the season a considerable lack of buzz, with much of the local attention pointed toward Sept. 15. Everywhere, that is, except in the Louisville locker room.

"You've gotta play every week with a bulls'-eye on your chest at a place with a Top 10 ranking," Kragthorpe said. "We know we're going to get everybody's best effort every time we play. The thing we've got to do is make sure we're in total command, with total focus on the task at hand."

El Jefe
09-06-2007, 11:00 AM
I have wanted Brohm since his sophmore year at Louisville. After we didnt get Leinart (trade up to get him), I set my hopes on Troy Smith, then after those were dashed I want to get Brohm he is solid. I was hoping he would enter last year and slip down to us, which would of never happened anyway.

Chiefnj2
09-06-2007, 11:24 AM
"Nobody anticipated Appalachian State going into Ann Arbor and winning. But it happens and we're capable of being beaten just like anybody in the country."

-Actually I think Vegas had an inkling since there was no betting line on the game.

Brock
09-06-2007, 11:30 AM
Yeah right. The chiefs are going to be picking in the top 3. ROFL

Coogs
09-06-2007, 12:11 PM
Yeah right. The chiefs are going to be picking in the top 3. ROFL

Might not have to. Some of the other teams expected to be near the bottom this season just selected QB's high in this past draft. Cleveland and Oakland to name a couple of them.

evolve27
09-06-2007, 12:15 PM
...but but but but Croyl3 is our future. Actions speak louder than words Herm.

htismaqe
09-06-2007, 12:29 PM
We have no shot at Brohm.

And I wouldn't really want him if we did.

El Jefe
09-06-2007, 12:40 PM
Brohm could drop to us, who would of thought Quinn would drop that far (besides me). Croyle is not our QBOTF.

DaKCMan AP
09-06-2007, 05:30 PM
Brohm will be a Falcon.

tk13
09-06-2007, 05:50 PM
At this pace, this is shaping up to be a 168-84 Louisville win.

Reerun_KC
09-06-2007, 06:01 PM
Holy Crap! over 400 yards of offense and 7 TD's in the first Qtr...

Herms sorry ass would probably have a stroke if he saw this playing out.....

Mi_chief_fan
09-06-2007, 06:06 PM
Brohm sure does have a great arm. So far he looks pretty solid. Just threw a laser to his TE-off his back foot!

the Talking Can
09-06-2007, 06:07 PM
he just overthrew a guy on the sidelines...we've seen enough, next QBOTF please...

Reerun_KC
09-06-2007, 06:08 PM
he just overthrew a guy on the sidelines...we've seen enough, next QBOTF please...

ROFL

So true of the Chiefsplanet....

the Talking Can
09-06-2007, 06:22 PM
wow...the Louisville fans are already booing their team and new head coach....31-28 in the first half....

Mi_chief_fan
09-06-2007, 06:22 PM
Wow, MTSU is making it look easy. Louisville sure wouldn't want to be playing West Virginia anytime soon with that defense.

Reerun_KC
09-06-2007, 06:24 PM
wow...the Louisville fans are already booing their team and new head coach....31-28 in the first half....

I didnt realize that the Arena league was still playing and playing outdoors...

Something isnt adding up, I am going to call Herm and get the scoop...

Be right back....

Reerun_KC
09-06-2007, 06:26 PM
K called Herm, his wife answered. She said that he didnt know the game was on, she was channel surfing and stopped on the game for a minute....

She said "look honey, they are scoring alot of TD's and points!"

Herm started to cry and now is in the corner rocking in the fetal position sucking on his thumb.... Saying "thats not real football" over and over agian....

I told her I would send Dr. Phil over for support...

Mi_chief_fan
09-06-2007, 06:31 PM
I told her I would send Dr. Phil over for support...
DR. PHIL: Herm, i'm gonna show you something that will change your life! Inserts Video tape. This, is what's called a 'forward pass'.

the Talking Can
09-06-2007, 06:55 PM
UL 38
MTSU 35

first half....holy shitty defense batcow

Predarat
09-06-2007, 06:57 PM
Go Blue Raiders!!! Stop them at the half, get the ball back and score!

Ultra Peanut
09-06-2007, 07:00 PM
Jesus Christ. MTSU ate their Wheaties.

Predarat
09-06-2007, 07:10 PM
Yes they did! My gosh! Hopefully they can keep it up! WOW!!

L.A. Chieffan
09-06-2007, 07:55 PM
This game is crazy, far more entertaining than the Colts one

Ultra Peanut
09-06-2007, 08:01 PM
**** YOU HOWARD

YOU'RE THE REASON THE METRO DIDN'T BECOME A FOOTBALL CONFERENCE

Cincinnati
Florida State
Louisville
Memphis
South Carolina
Southern Miss
Tulane
Virginia Tech

*sob*

Mi_chief_fan
09-06-2007, 08:04 PM
Notice Bill Curry mentioned Miami and Louisville, but left out his time at OU.

Predarat
09-06-2007, 08:25 PM
Notice Bill Curry mentioned Miami and Louisville, but left out his time at OU.
I think he was there for all about a year. I still remember that gawd awful maroon suit he wore there.

KcMizzou
09-06-2007, 08:30 PM
This game makes me feel a little better about Mizzou's defensive effort vs. Illinois.

Predarat
09-06-2007, 08:35 PM
This game makes me feel a little better about Mizzou's defensive effort vs. Illinois.
hahaha I remember when the Blue Raiders put a little scare into y'all a few years ago!

KcMizzou
09-06-2007, 08:36 PM
hahaha I remember when the Blue Raiders put a little scare into y'all a few years ago!Hey, as long as it's just a scare...

Ultra Peanut
09-06-2007, 08:37 PM
TRAGEDY VS TRAGEDY

Mi_chief_fan
09-06-2007, 08:40 PM
Note to self: fly to vegas, bet life savings on the "over" in all of Louisville's games this year. They're the 03 Chiefs, scores alot, gives up alot.

Ultra Peanut
09-06-2007, 08:40 PM
Hahahahaha, Willie Williams. I AIN'T GONNA EAT NO PLANT!

Predarat
09-06-2007, 09:23 PM
Well the Blue Raiders didn't get the victory but they fought hard and played well. I'm really proud of the way they bounced back after a terrible game Saturday.

Mr. Laz
09-06-2007, 09:41 PM
do we really want Herman Edwards drafting and developing our QBotF?

hell with that .... Vermeil should of taught us that.

Edwards knows defense ... then go out and build us a league leading defense. I don't want him wasted 30 picks during the rest of his time here trying to draft himself an offense when the real problem on offense is him.