PDA

View Full Version : I don't think the game in Houston is an accurate indicator of our season.

Direckshun
09-06-2007, 03:18 PM
I think the defense is pretty much where it needs to be, but our first-string offense has not played a single game together. LJ's just come back, Huard's just healed, and we're not even sure if McIntosh can play by week 1.

If we don't get a lot of points on the board the first handful of games, I'm not going to be terribly surprised. This unit needs some time to gel.

StcChief
09-06-2007, 03:20 PM
duh. the PS didn't give us that, but does it really ever do that? PS is eval period.

MGRS13
09-06-2007, 03:23 PM
All right that sounds like agood excuse. We can use it for at least a few weeks. Good thinking.

NUMBER7
09-06-2007, 03:25 PM
Go back and watch the game video from Hard Knocks...there is so much confusion by our starting defense...not just scrubs. I agree this will not be a true indicator of our success or failure this season...however you just have to wonder.

Direckshun
09-09-2007, 02:50 AM
All right that sounds like agood excuse. We can use it for at least a few weeks. Good thinking.
Well I didn't mean to invent an excuse. It's an explanation.

LJ looked pretty good against the Rams, but we're talking about a starting WR corps that's written in sand, an OL with a newly returned LT, and our QB just healed up, as well as the first game for LJ to take serious reps.

We're going to stumble a bit for the first two games on the road, no question. Everybody here will think it's indicative of the talent, but that's only part of the truth.

beer bacon
09-09-2007, 02:53 AM
Either way, I am certainly going to drop an awful lot of f-bombs.

Smed1065
09-09-2007, 02:56 AM
I agree but if KC has not started fast in the season except 9-0 in recent memory.

I believe the excuse post was stated because of negative and the Cleo people on here.

If we win, it will be because of the Texans and not the Chiefs in their post tomorrow. IMO.

CupidStunt
09-09-2007, 04:05 AM
I agree but it will NOT stop people overreacting to this game.

Lose: "4-12 here we come".

Win: "It's the Texans".

It really is sad. Certain people will NEVER be happy to see the Chiefs do well in ANY facet of the game, even just a regular season win.

StcChief
09-09-2007, 04:54 AM
Texans game is Not an indicator of 2007 season.

ALL OF THE 1st string O was just getting together on Monday?

I still think we will win. There will be mistakes (game 1).

Mecca
09-09-2007, 05:07 AM
I bet the Texans run about 15 bootlegs seeing who their coach is.