PDA

View Full Version : And the Chiefs continue to fail at life.

Direckshun
09-06-2007, 09:01 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/peter_king/09/06/10things.week1/index.html

LJ could be in for a tough opening weekend
BY PETER KING

1. So you're all excited about stealing the Baltimore defense in the 10th round of your draft? Good pick, no question. But maybe not this week, on the road, in The Jungle, against a team that regularly puts 20-plus on the Ravens. If I'm you, I'm picking up the Jags defense and playing it against Tennessee, then putting Baltimore back in your lineup against the Jets, Cards, Browns and Niners the next four weeks.

2. This sounds loony, I understand. But if you've got a really good third back -- say, Marshawn Lynch -- I'd consider using him this week against Denver instead of Larry Johnson against Houston.

3. Speaking of Denver, Jay Cutler could struggle on the road in a very loud environment at Buffalo with a couple of cut-loose blitzers in Donte Whitner and Coy Wire.

4. Don't fear Jon Kitna in Oakland this week. The Black Hole will not intimidate him, nor will it cause him to throw for 97 yards.

5. Put Cedric Benson on your bench. He will not conquer Mount Jamal Williams on Sunday in San Diego.

6. Take a chance, though, and play Bernard Berrian. The one offensive thing the Bears should be able to do is get the ball downfield on the Chargers, because San Diego won't trust Rex Grossman to win this game. Berrian's fast, really fast. And Grossman and he had a good summer together.

7. Want an unexpected tight end hit in week one? Visanthe Shiancoe in Minnesota. Brad Childress is determined to make him an integral part of his offense, and there's no way Tarvaris Jackson is consistently going to have enough time (not to mention confidence) to throw deep.

8. From the looks of that bad thigh Drew Bennett is toting around the practice field this week, you'll want to sit him in his first game as a Ram.

9. From the looks of all the various maladies Plaxico Burress seems to be getting over -- plus the woes of the Dallas secondary, with Terence Newman a shell of himself -- he'd be a certain starter in my lineup this weekend.

10. And bench the Dallas D,' by the way. Even though Wade Phillips will have them coming at Eli Manning from everywhere, Manning will do some strafing against the Dallas backups.

The Franchise
09-06-2007, 09:05 PM
Since when does Peter King give fantasy advice?

KcMizzou
09-06-2007, 09:06 PM
Uh, where's the Chiefs stuff?

Mr. Laz
09-06-2007, 09:07 PM
they should actually teach reading at Mizzou

Dartgod
09-06-2007, 09:08 PM
2. This sounds loony, I understand. But if you've got a really good third back -- say, Marshawn Lynch -- I'd consider using him this week against Denver instead of Larry Johnson against Houston.

KcMizzou
09-06-2007, 09:09 PM
they should actually teach reading at MizzouShit...

You got me there. :redface:

boogblaster
09-06-2007, 09:11 PM
LJ should get his 100 plus this week ...

Mr. Laz
09-06-2007, 09:12 PM
Shit...

You got me there. :redface:
ROFL

luv you, Man!!!! :D

KcMizzou
09-06-2007, 09:17 PM
ROFL

luv you, Man!!!! :DEh, we'll hate each other again come basketball season. :p

Thanks for lettin' me off easy.

donkhater
09-06-2007, 09:17 PM
Peter King is the George Costanza of fantasy football. Whatever he says, do the opposite.

Brock
09-06-2007, 09:19 PM
Yeah, bench one of the top backs in football. Good thinking.

Coach
09-06-2007, 09:20 PM
Peter King is a dickshit. I wouldn't start Kitna aganist the Raiders.

KcMizzou
09-06-2007, 09:23 PM
Yeah, bench one of the top backs in football. Good thinking.To get back to the topic at hand, I agree.

Larry runs for about 100, with a TD, in my mind, anyway.

Logical
09-06-2007, 09:34 PM
In my fantasy league tonight LJ fell all the way to the 2nd round the 12th player taken. Nine other runningbacks were taken before him. How the mighty have fallen. Evidently a lot of people agree with me about the sad state of our offensive line.

kcchiefsus
09-06-2007, 09:37 PM
In my fantasy league tonight LJ fell all the way to the 2nd round the 12th player taken. Nine other runningbacks were taken before him. How the mighty have fallen. Evidently a lot of people agree with me about the sad state of our offensive line.

Our offensive line was just as sad last year and he had 1,700+ yards.

Messier
09-06-2007, 09:41 PM
The anti Chiefs stuff is snowballing out of control, and unfortunately it starts with local media, and gets stronger as it goes national. It seems to be kind of nuts now though, we're not just mediocre, we're one of, if not THE worst. My guess is the whole QB saga rubbed the media the wrong way. They were clearly in Greens camp.

Logical
09-06-2007, 09:41 PM
Our offensive line was just as sad last year and he had 1,700+ yards.

Keep telling yourself that and drinking that bong water. You will eventually feel better.:D

Dartgod
09-06-2007, 09:43 PM
Evidently your league is full of idiots.

Messier
09-06-2007, 09:48 PM

He will get the ball as much as any RB in the leauge.

He'll get 1500 yds and 12-15 tds easy.

evolve27
09-06-2007, 09:58 PM
I can't wait to read this article after our Houston game and think to myself after LJ goes on a scoring spree, "Bench LJ!!??!!, that dumb mother fu**er King."

kcchiefsus
09-06-2007, 11:17 PM
Keep telling yourself that and drinking that bong water. You will eventually feel better.:D

The point still stands. Assuming most of the starters are healthy, this years line can be better than last years if they can find some consistency. Will LJ have another 1,700+ yard season? Probably not, especially if his carries are lowered. But a 1,400 or 1,500 yard season along with 17 touchdowns is not out of the question.

KCChiefsMan
09-07-2007, 02:18 AM
My advice is do not play your first round pick this week. It will only be trouble

tk13
09-07-2007, 02:33 AM
They should rename this "Peter King's What Not to do this Weekend".

ChiefFan31
09-07-2007, 03:51 AM
I think I will go ahead and NOT take Fantasy Football advice from Peter Dumbass King.

StcChief
09-07-2007, 05:43 AM
Peter King/Prisco/THarpe are the anti-Chief