PDA

View Full Version : anyone surprised over the 41-10 basting NO got from Indy?

King_Chief_Fan
09-07-2007, 06:43 AM
I was very surprised.
The Colts D shut down the number 1 offense in the NFL.
Bush, McCallister and Brees got smacked a lot. I can only imagine what is going to happen to the Donks and Chiefs against the Colts.

I suspect that LJ could get 3,000 yards with that O line.

kepp
09-07-2007, 06:57 AM
I was surprised by the Colts D.

Rausch
09-07-2007, 07:02 AM
The Saints only score 10?

TEN!?!

King_Chief_Fan
09-07-2007, 07:03 AM
The Saints only score 10?

TEN!?!

the offense scored 3.
the defense scored 7.
truly amazing.

InChiefsHeaven
09-07-2007, 07:08 AM
That was an eye opener. Even with homefield advantage, I never imagined that the Colts D would be that dominant. Shit, I think both Mcallister and Bush only totaled about 80 yards...

Fuggin' Colts look even better than last year...

pikesome
09-07-2007, 07:14 AM
Yes, I guess the worries about Indy suffering from the loss of various players were a bit unfounded.

ROYC75
09-07-2007, 07:29 AM
I WAS ........

Damn, they looked nothing like the D for the beginning of last year.

Deberg_1990
09-07-2007, 07:32 AM
The Colts look like a hell of a team. Congrats to them.

Skip Towne
09-07-2007, 07:34 AM
This just proves Herm's point. If they had scored 21 (that's a lot of points) they would have only lost by 20.

TEX
09-07-2007, 07:34 AM
I love what the Colts did in that they KEPT their wide -open offensive philosophy when they hired thier defensive-minded coach and worked every year to improve the defense while selecting what to upgrade on offense so they could eventually be a balanced team. Of course it helps to have Manning at QB, but it also helps to have an excellent GM. and a HC that came in and improved the defense over time and means it when he says,"I'm not going to change the offense - I'm not stupid."

Indy lost their LT too, but they did what they had to do to get another good one, rather than junking part of their offense. They lost a Guard a few years back and did what they had to do (stole ours) to replace him. They lost an All Pro RB last year and drafted another one. They did all this in order to keep their offense humming while trying to build a defense around it. That's how it should be done - NOT how the Chiefs are going about doing it.

It's so dumb that the Chiefs are so polar on Peterson's watch. :banghead:

Chiefnj2
09-07-2007, 07:37 AM
Ever since the postseason the Colts have been playing defense.

Reerun_KC
09-07-2007, 07:39 AM
I dont want the Chiefs to play Indy... We are no were near that level of arena football.

Chiefnj2
09-07-2007, 07:40 AM
The Saints weren't in it.

Punting early in the 4th quarter on 4th and inches when you are down by 14+ to a team that you can't stop? Game over.

StcChief
09-07-2007, 07:41 AM
The definitely covered the spread.

Jason David torched by his old recievers Harrison/Wayne

the Talking Can
09-07-2007, 07:47 AM
i'd say the Colt's cut trash on D and upgraded...looked like they hit harder and tackled better than ever...but, they play Arena League football so we don't have to worry about them...

The Saints play calling was terrible. Too much effort trying to get Bush a "wow" play...it looked like one of Al Saunders bad games....

bringbackmarty
09-07-2007, 07:52 AM
whitlock was surprised, and I would say we probably should have drafted ugoh.

FringeNC
09-07-2007, 08:00 AM
I was very surprised to learn that the Colts are the youngest (or 2nd youngest team) in the NFL, and was surprised by NO's struggles on offense. Didn't look like the same team that took apart Dallas last year.

boogblaster
09-07-2007, 08:00 AM
The Colt D is very very fast and good tacklers ....

Rooster
09-07-2007, 08:07 AM
I wasn't surprised because everyone in the media said this would happen. They know football. :rolleyes:

Hog's Gone Fishin
09-07-2007, 08:10 AM
The Colts D sucked last year until Bob Sanders rejoined the team. He made all the difference.

Pneuma
09-07-2007, 08:10 AM
This just goes to prove how much of a difference there is between the best of the AFC vs the best of the NFC. Really no competition. The Chiefs would have possibly been to a couple Superbowls already if they were in the NFC.

OnTheWarpath15
09-07-2007, 08:13 AM
I'm surprised that our RRPP offense scored 8 points last January in Indy, and that the circus offense of New Orleans only scored 3.

I guess that makes Sean Payton a ****ing moron.

irishjayhawk
09-07-2007, 08:14 AM
I wasn't really that surprised because the Saints got rid of half their offense. Having Stallworth and Horn opened up Colston which opened up the other two. This year Brees has virtually no receivers since Colston just has to be double teamed.

That and the Saints had no line.

beach tribe
09-07-2007, 08:36 AM
They looked like us in the playoffs only with a shittt defense.hmmmmmmmm

Amnorix
09-07-2007, 08:48 AM
I was very surprised.
The Colts D shut down the number 1 offense in the NFL.
Bush, McCallister and Brees got smacked a lot. I can only imagine what is going to happen to the Donks and Chiefs against the Colts.

I suspect that LJ could get 3,000 yards with that O line.

Colts D was surprisingly impressive.

An elite AFC team smacking a supposedly elite NFC team....not so much.

The AFC Championship Game this year is, once again, the true Super Bowl. NFC teams can't compete.

jaa1025
09-07-2007, 08:56 AM
Haha you all are wrong. The Saints won because the Colts didn't qualify by scoring over the 30 point threshold. They played by arena rules and this is the NFL! Saints win my default.

Saints-10
Indy-0

Jilly
09-07-2007, 09:01 AM
The Colts D - impressive; but what was interesting to me was the opportunity NO had to intercept the ball and didn't. Did anyone else notice that?

LOCOChief
09-07-2007, 09:02 AM
Fatlock

LOCOChief
09-07-2007, 09:03 AM
Haha you all are wrong. The Saints won because the Colts didn't qualify by scoring over the 30 point threshold. They played by arena rules and this is the NFL! Saints win my default.

Saints-10
Indy-0
ROFL

kaplin42
09-07-2007, 09:21 AM
Bob Sanders is just scarry. He makes the Colts offense better just by being on the sideline.

The Colts D was very impressive. Very quick to get to the ball and good on tackling.

I have to wonder if Manning, Harrison and Wayne run pass plays with eachother on the offseason about 5 or 6 days a week. It is unbelievable how all three of those guys looked to be in mid-season form.

I sense a Patriots and Colts AFC Championship game on the way.

Will the Manning be fined for playing Arena league rules in a NFL game?

Crunchy or Creamy?

dtebbe
09-07-2007, 09:24 AM
I was impressed with the Colts D. Even more impressed that only 4 players on the team have played for other teams. That means they could put quite the little string together, since they should have a bunch of those guys locked down for a few years. Manning and Harrison are just awesome. Both of them should be in the HOF the minute they retire.

DT

The Rick
09-07-2007, 09:49 AM
I wasn't really that surprised because the Saints got rid of half their offense. Having Stallworth and Horn opened up Colston which opened up the other two. This year Brees has virtually no receivers since Colston just has to be double teamed.

That and the Saints had no line.

Psst...Stallworth played for the Eagles last year.

ROYC75
09-07-2007, 09:51 AM
This just goes to prove how much of a difference there is between the best of the AFC vs the best of the NFC. Really no competition. The Chiefs would have possibly been to a couple Superbowls already if they were in the NFC.

And we would have lost ...... :mad:

Ceej
09-07-2007, 09:53 AM
Great.

Brees scored me 3.4 points.
Colston 4.7 points.
Mare missed me a 50+ FG. Bastid!

At least I had Addai who got me 21.3 points.

cdcox
09-07-2007, 09:54 AM
I was surprised that the Indy Offense was already in midseason form. Offenses usually take a week or two to shake the rust off.

I was also surprised that the Indy Defense maintained their form from last post-Season.

TEX
09-07-2007, 05:47 PM
Colts D was surprisingly impressive.

An elite AFC team smacking a supposedly elite NFC team....not so much.

The AFC Championship Game this year is, once again, the true Super Bowl. NFC teams can't compete.

Yep. And I'd like to add that there are probably 4 AFC teams that are better than the best NFC team.

Crashride
09-07-2007, 06:10 PM
Peyton knew how that corner davis (i think thats his name, he used to be on their team) played and exploited that bastard. Did a hell of a job to

Bearcat
09-07-2007, 06:14 PM
I'm surprised that our RRPP offense scored 8 points last January in Indy, and that the circus offense of New Orleans only scored 3.

I guess that makes Sean Payton a ****ing moron.

Not that they executed all that well anyway, but the Saints' playcalling sucked. Didn't they say Brees had like 6 yards a completion last night? :shake: The Colts D looked good, but it's not like NO really tested them.

Terribilis
09-07-2007, 06:21 PM
I love what the Colts did in that they KEPT their wide -open offensive philosophy when they hired thier defensive-minded coach and worked every year to improve the defense while selecting what to upgrade on offense so they could eventually be a balanced team. Of course it helps to have Manning at QB, but it also helps to have an excellent GM. and a HC that came in and improved the defense over time and means it when he says,"I'm not going to change the offense - I'm not stupid."

Indy lost their LT too, but they did what they had to do to get another good one, rather than junking part of their offense. They lost a Guard a few years back and did what they had to do (stole ours) to replace him. They lost an All Pro RB last year and drafted another one. They did all this in order to keep their offense humming while trying to build a defense around it. That's how it should be done - NOT how the Chiefs are going about doing it.

It's so dumb that the Chiefs are so polar on Peterson's watch. :banghead:
I completely agree with all of this... its really surprising to me considering herm and dungy are supposed to be such good friends. It really seems to me that dungy is more patient and capable of putting his personal convictions aside. he didnt feel he needed to throw the baby out with the bathwater. i guess its possible herm could be given some credit, he did keep solari...

kcxiv
09-07-2007, 06:22 PM
Not Shocked the Colts put up 41, but i am shocked that the Saints gave up.

DaFace
09-07-2007, 06:25 PM
I had Brees on my FFL team. My opponent had Manning. My week is over before it even began.

Terribilis
09-07-2007, 06:32 PM
I actually took the under.. i was expecting BOTH teams to come out sluggish and tight. I figured it had all the makings of a letdown game with all the hype surrounding it. i was more surprised that indy got their act together and was able to do anything they wanted after halftime.