PDA

View Full Version : Heads up: possible alternative to Sopcast

CupidStunt
09-07-2007, 01:50 PM
Not able to watch the game on local KC TV like some of you lucky folks, I've been looking into online options a little. One I have found is a site that I USED to use which USED to be very good (quality, reliability, coverage, etc).

Here is their calendar for this week: http://www.streamtvnow.tv/board/calendar.php?do=getinfo&day=2007-9-9&c=2

The KC/HOU game is being streamed.

The site basically charges a subscription fee of $6.60 per month. Based on what it used to be like, for people who can't see the games (among MANY other channels: this site carries lots of PPV shows, etc), that fee is pathetically insignificant given what you get.

Now, I can't attest to what it's like now but I will look into it.

Just thought I'd give a few of you guys a heads up to see if it's any good for you.

Smed1065
09-07-2007, 01:52 PM
IIRC, somebody else on here recommended this earlier this year and stated it worked good.

CupidStunt
09-07-2007, 01:55 PM
It has been around for a while and back during the 2005 season when I used it weekly, I had no complaints at all. It was a cheap-as-shit way to see the Chiefs which I otherwise would not have been able to.

Someone less lazy than me needs to check into it really. It could be shitty (quality, coverage) now, but I can't see it. The site has a lot of subscriptions and therefore has improved in quality.

One thing I'm quite certain of is that they'll show all 16 KC games this season, so you shouldn't need to worry much each week about how/where you're gonna get your fix.

gta0012
09-07-2007, 02:05 PM
I will def utilize this site if the quality is worth it.

I'm also unsure if i will be at my computer for everygame. But $6 a month is just one cheeseburger i won't be eating. So thats not to bad

CupidStunt
09-29-2007, 08:31 AM
Did anyone (Donger) have any luck with this?

I tried Sopcast week one, and that was sh*t. Week two I caught the game on TV. Last week there were two Sopcast streams so I thought I'd tried it again but it sucked.

This week there are 3 streams but I'm sure, as always, the quality will blow.

Only thing that I'm not sure about on this site is the method of payment. Never heard of or intended to use SafePay.

Smed1065
09-29-2007, 09:05 AM
I had good luck last week with it.

It does cost around $8.00 dollars a month. There are several other channels as well, just not the Chiefs.

The 1st week they had some problems until the second quarter. It was not jumpy or interrupted but the video quality is not the best depending on the week.

TVants is a good option that is free, again based upon the week and feed.

TVU is good but they only had one game this year so far.

I purchased a slingbox but unfortunately my brother has not set it up yet, :banghead: due to working out of town and a wedding this week.

He needs to get his priorities in order!

:hmmm:

I have has the same results with Sopcast this year as well.

Donger had his team on TV last week with Pedro announcing, I bet . :)

DaFace
09-29-2007, 09:16 AM
SopCast seems to be a victim of its own success. Even though it is a shared bandwidth system, there seems to be a point at which quality starts going DOWN with more users rather than UP. I tried streaming again last week with a far lower bitrate than I used last year, and it was still choppy for people. :(

TrebMaxx
09-29-2007, 09:34 AM
SopCast seems to be a victim of its own success. Even though it is a shared bandwidth system, there seems to be a point at which quality starts going DOWN with more users rather than UP. I tried streaming again last week with a far lower bitrate than I used last year, and it was still choppy for people. :(

It was better than nothing DaFace. Anybody ever try Tvants? I had a buddy that did last weekend and he said it was better than sopcast. Looking at the Chiefs schedule and it looks like those of us in CoMo are safe for the rest of the season since the conflict date Oct. 28th the lambs are on CBS but is a bye week for the Chiefs. The only other game I was worried about was Nov. 4th when the Chiefs play Green Bay on FOX, but thankfully that is a bye week for the lambs. I think I will try out the Tvants and other possible options just to be ready for next season.