PDA

View Full Version : UFC 75 Free Saturday Night on Spike

BIG_DADDY
09-07-2007, 04:24 PM
Quinton Jackson (204) vs. Dan Henderson (204)
I bet on Henderson even odds and everyone thinks I'm nuts. Henderson provides problems for Jackson but he will need to capitalize on them considering he is not nearly as strong.

Michael Bisping (205) vs. Matt Hamill (205)

I love underdogs and Hamill is paying 2 to 1. His ground is much stronger and word is his standup is light years away from where it was on the Ultimate Fighter. My one reservation is that Matt turned into a bitch when he got hit on the UF and I hate that in a fighter.

Cheick Kongo (231) vs. Mirko Cro Cop (220)

Kongo is an unknown kicking butt. I'll take the juice at 3.5 to 1 even though I don't see the Cro Cop losing after the last fight.

Marcus Davis (169) vs. Paul Taylor (171)
Houston Alexander (203) vs. Alessio Sakara (Pictures) (205)
Gleison Tibau (156) vs. Terry Etim (155)
Tomasz Drwal (204) vs. Thiago Silva (204)
Naoyuki Kotani (155) vs. Dennis Siver (154)
Anthony Torres (170) vs. Jess Liaudin (Pictures) (170)

I only talk about the ones I put coin on usually but I will say this, I hope Houston Alexander wins. This is a single father raising 6 kids and great guy.

Halfcan
09-07-2007, 05:29 PM
Damon Huard could kill them all with one finger.

Iowanian
09-07-2007, 05:49 PM
Some nice fights on that card...

macdawg
09-07-2007, 07:25 PM
Quinton Jackson (204) vs. Dan Henderson (204)

-Henderson, more wins against top competition, more experienced, has the hands to hurt Jackson and the grappling to nullify Jackson.

Michael Bisping (205) vs. Matt Hamill (205)

-Bisping is the best fighter out of the UK right now, he has good aggressiveness and conditioning, Hamill is a good wrestler and thats it. I expect Bisping to lose round one by getting taken down and eating a few shots, then catch Hamill in a mistake in round 2 or 3 and put him away.

Cheick Kongo (231) vs. Mirko Cro Cop (220)

-Cro Cop is a better striker and more well rounded, former K-1 champion, he should be able to handle Kongos standup pretty good. Cro Cop by strikes round 2.

Marcus Davis (169) vs. Paul Taylor (171)

don't know these guys

Houston Alexander (203) vs. Alessio Sakara (Pictures) (205)

-pulling for Alexander too

Gleison Tibau (156) vs. Terry Etim (155)
Tomasz Drwal (204) vs. Thiago Silva (204)
Naoyuki Kotani (155) vs. Dennis Siver (154)
Anthony Torres (170) vs. Jess Liaudin (Pictures) (170)

ArrowheadHawk
09-07-2007, 07:43 PM
thats one hell of a free card

Iowanian
09-07-2007, 08:03 PM
I like Hammil....but he just doesn't have that "killer" thing.

he's too nice to put a savage beating on someone.

he reminds me of a friend of mine from HS....who also had a hearing problem, and was a monster.

BigVE
09-07-2007, 09:36 PM
Does anyone know if they will show more than just the top 3 matches? All they have advertised was 3. Either way, if it's free it's for me.

Phobia
09-07-2007, 09:40 PM
I'll have to ask Joe to put that on a screen tomorrow night.

kcxiv
09-07-2007, 10:35 PM
I like Rampage. He kicked Chuck's ass, i liked that.lol

ArrowheadHawk
09-07-2007, 11:17 PM
Does anyone know if they will show more than just the top 3 matches? All they have advertised was 3. Either way, if it's free it's for me.
this probably depends on how fast the top 3 fights are the longer they last the less chance for other fights

Demonpenz
09-07-2007, 11:20 PM
I'll have to ask Joe to put that on a screen tomorrow night.

yeah and I wonder if he can get the mizzou game.

BIG_DADDY
09-08-2007, 04:08 PM

You will probably get at least 5 fights. I don't think the time constraint will be as tight on Spike. You might get to see all of them.

BIG_DADDY
09-08-2007, 04:09 PM
I like Hammil....but he just doesn't have that "killer" thing.

he's too nice to put a savage beating on someone.

he reminds me of a friend of mine from HS....who also had a hearing problem, and was a monster.

I'm not as worried about the "killer" part of him nearly as much as I am worried about he will respond if he gets hit hard.

ArrowheadHawk
09-08-2007, 04:15 PM
I'm not as worried about the "killer" part of him nearly as much as I am worried about he will respond if he gets hit hard.
he will probably turn into a wrestler in that case and just try to ground and pound

jidar
09-08-2007, 04:20 PM
wow all long shots.

beach tribe
09-08-2007, 04:22 PM
Damn no spike HD. I will still be cool tho.

BIG_DADDY
09-08-2007, 04:42 PM
he will probably turn into a wrestler in that case and just try to ground and pound

I thought he was going to cry on the Ultimate Fighter series.

Bwana
09-08-2007, 05:13 PM
What time does this bad boy start?

Valiant
09-08-2007, 09:09 PM
Man.. IMO Hamill won that.. He got screwed... It's pretty bad when they could not really show a highlight reel of his victory because Bisping did squat...

ArrowheadHawk
09-08-2007, 09:10 PM
Hamill just got ****ing robbed

chop
09-08-2007, 09:13 PM
Man.. IMO Hamill won that.. He got screwed... It's pretty bad when they could not really show a highlight reel of his victory because Bisping did squat...

That was such a bad decision. Hamill was in control most of the fight. He had all of the take downs and he hurt Bisping. Bisping landed a few punches here and there but there is no way he won that fight. I didn't think he even won one round.

ArrowheadHawk
09-08-2007, 09:15 PM
That was such a bad decision. Hamill was in control most of the fight. He had all of the take downs and he hurt Bisping. Bisping landed a few punches here and there but there is no way he won that fight. I didn't think he even won one round.
ok you watched the same fight that i watched so which fight did the judges watch?

Valiant
09-08-2007, 09:36 PM
ok you watched the same fight that i watched so which fight did the judges watch?

What ever one where they wanted the British guy to win in his hometown..

Fighting sports should take a note from college sports and keep adding extra time until there is a clear winner either tko or ko...

Iowanian
09-08-2007, 09:49 PM
I'll be watching on TVU online.....

its working, a little jumpy though. It'll start for me in 10 minutes.

Valiant
09-08-2007, 10:04 PM
K, after Rampages interview after the fight I like him a lot more.. ****er is funny as hell..

keg in kc
09-08-2007, 10:12 PM
Only caught the last 3 fights, but that was one of the dullest UFC's I've ever seen. Even Henderson/Jackson couldn't save it in the end.

And Cro Cop is looking like a bust of Ryan Sims calibre.

Craqhead
09-08-2007, 10:26 PM
Dail 911 or whateva they dail in the UK... Hamill was robbed man... and he beat the crap outta the guy that robbed him.

edited typo
/bonk's self

TrickyNicky
09-09-2007, 06:16 AM
I'm not saying I agree with the decision, but if you don't want the judges to **** you over, you have to finish the fight when you have the guy all loopy. Hammil couldn't capitalize when he had Bisping doing the fish dance.

On another note, I want to see Marcus Davis and Houston Alexander fight again. They are exciting fighters.

El Jefe
09-09-2007, 03:08 PM
I thought he was going to cry on the Ultimate Fighter series.

Hey BD, your pm box is full, I sent you an email.

BIG_DADDY
09-10-2007, 11:04 AM
Hey BD, your pm box is full, I sent you an email.

I got it an will ge back to you today at some point.

On another note Hamill was majorly robbed, that really sucked.

caffeinated_virus
09-10-2007, 11:30 AM

Hamill really got screwed on that decision. I was shocked. First thing that popped in my mind after the decision, "Home Town Boy gets the win."

Pure BS.

How does one guy score it 30-27 in favor of Hamill, and the other guys score it like 29-28 or 29-27 for Bisping?

Bisping didn't do anything that fight and should have lost.

chop
09-10-2007, 11:33 AM
Only caught the last 3 fights, but that was one of the dullest UFC's I've ever seen. Even Henderson/Jackson couldn't save it in the end.

And Cro Cop is looking like a bust of Ryan Sims calibre.

I agree, they were pretty dull. There were two fights with some action in them. They were the Houston Alexander and Marcus Davis fights.

Alexander looks tough. His fight with Jardine wasn't a fluke. In his first fight, he knocked out Jardine in 48 seconds and now he knocks out Sakara in 61 seconds. That guy could be moving up the ranks quickly.

Davis got lucky the fight wasn't called early but he showed some toughness coming back and getting the win. There was some good action in this fight on both sides.

KC Kings
09-10-2007, 11:37 AM
Hamill really got screwed on that decision. I was shocked. First thing that popped in my mind after the decision, "Home Town Boy gets the win."

Pure BS.

How does one guy score it 30-27 in favor of Hamill, and the other guys score it like 29-28 or 29-27 for Bisping?

Bisping didn't do anything that fight and should have lost.

I agree. If they fight anywhere else in the world Hamill gets the decision. He lands more blows, gets more take-downs, and dominated the fight. I really like Bisping, but the only thing he did in that fight was not get dominated by Hamill's wrestling skill.

I thought Hamill handled himself very well with his post fight comments.

Simplex3
09-10-2007, 11:49 AM
Hamill got jobbed. That was quite possibly the worst officiating f**k up I've ever seen in any fight, and I used to watch a lot of boxing.

Redcoats58
09-10-2007, 11:52 AM
I agree. If they fight anywhere else in the world Hamill gets the decision. He lands more blows, gets more take-downs, and dominated the fight. I really like Bisping, but the only thing he did in that fight was not get dominated by Hamill's wrestling skill.

I thought Hamill handled himself very well with his post fight comments.
I agree. I love the UFC but they better watch themselves when it comes to these iffy decisions or they'll end up like boxing. Everyone knew Hamil won that fight. Maybe they were trying to protect their baby The Ultimate Fighter.

El Jefe
09-10-2007, 12:10 PM
Hammil, dominated the 1st and 2nd round I would call the 3rd a split. Even Rogan said he would give the first 2 rounds to Hammil. He got screwed so bad. I liked Hammil ever since I got to watch him on UFC show, he has majorly improved his standup, i was impressed. Marcus Davis showed some big time heart, that was a great fight.