PDA

View Full Version : Interested? Advice?

Sully
09-08-2007, 04:30 PM
The wife and I were driving down Lee's Summit Rd this afternoon on the way home, and a very little puppy was running through the street. From the truck we could see it had no tags, but we couldn't let it run down such a busy street... just couldn't.
So we pull over, the wife gets out, and coaxes the dog to us. The dog stinks to high heaven, and has obviously been laying/sitting in urine for a long time. It was very apprehensive toward my wife and I, and was shaking like crazy (understandable). We are pretty sure she was dumped, based on the condition she was in. We took the puppy home and gave it a quick bath and drove out to Wayside Waifs, not realizing for them to take ina dog, you had to have an appointment. However, a guy came to the car and looked at her, and his first reaction was that she was part Pit, at least.
We don't know what type of dog she is, but by that time in the afternoon, no other place was open, so we decided to keep her around till Monday when we could find a better place to take her than Animal Control. Since she's gotten used to us, she is the most playful, cuddling, and sweet puppy I've ever been around. She has slept in our laps, and has played with our Lab so well. She is obviously very smart, as she's already figured out the nickname we gave her.

After that novel, my questions are this...
Would anyone be interested in adopting this puppy?
or
Does anyone know a good rescue place that would take her, and give her the chance to find a great home, without automatically putting her down?

I'll have pics of her up soon...

StcChief
09-08-2007, 04:35 PM
looks like you have a playmate for the Lab

Deberg_1990
09-08-2007, 04:35 PM
Wow, that was a very noble thing for you and your wife to do. Rep

Sully
09-08-2007, 04:43 PM
A couple of pics.
I'll take more...

Sully
09-08-2007, 04:51 PM
Two more...

Buck
09-08-2007, 04:54 PM
Looks like a mutt to me.

Very cute though.

Sully
09-08-2007, 04:55 PM
I'm sure it's a mutt...

Hammock Parties
09-08-2007, 04:55 PM
'po 'lil puppy :(

Dr. Johnny Fever
09-08-2007, 05:57 PM
I hope it doesn't grow up to maul you.

Iowanian
09-08-2007, 07:26 PM
Nothing like a good, abused pit-mix pup.

Sounds like a great family dog for someone with alot of babies.

Will you take $10,000 dollars for it?

Sully
09-08-2007, 07:30 PM
Nothing like a good, abused pit-mix pup.

Sounds like a great family dog for someone with alot of babies.

Will you take $10,000 dollars for it?
Understood. Thing is, I'm not sure it's even got any Pit in it. I was hoping some expert would look at the pics and let me know what their opinion was.

FRCDFED
09-08-2007, 07:32 PM
It is possible that the previous owner would put out signs looking for a lost dog. That is........if it was the new family pet and somehow found a way out of the fenced yard.

I don't know how far the location you found the dog is from your home but if you call the humane society that covers that area then the owners may have been calling to see if anyone turned the dog in.

Just a thought.......

or.........

Cruise the area looking for signs.

FRCDFED
09-08-2007, 07:33 PM
They may have also been calling the police to see if anyone reported a found dog.

Deberg_1990
09-08-2007, 07:34 PM
It is possible that the previous owner would put out signs looking for a lost dog. That is........if it was the new family pet and somehow found a way out of the fenced yard.

Not sure i would want to give the dog back to the previous owners considering the condition the dog was found in.

Sully
09-08-2007, 07:36 PM
I'm not at all interested in finding the previous owners.

Jilly
09-08-2007, 08:42 PM
Bump...let's find the dog a home, folks!

damaticous
09-08-2007, 09:10 PM
Very nobel thing to do. Looks like a very cute and cuddly puppy. I currently have 3 cats and 1 50 lbs, spayed lab. My lab could use a friend...very much...but I'm over the limit as it is in Chillicothe. Looks like a pretty good match for my lab. The queen of the house would never go for it.

I agree with previous posters. Check around the Humane society and police and see. It would be VERY difficult to let dog go to previous owners, but by the sounds of it she got dumped.

With that in mind, either keep it (kudos) or send it to a "NO kill" animal shelter.

Seriously cool move though. Shows real character helping those (puppies or otherwise) can't help themselves.

- REP!

Jilly
09-09-2007, 06:23 AM
I'm bumping this again...please someone take her!!!

BigMeatballDave
09-09-2007, 06:57 AM
Part Pit? OMG!!1 RUN FOR YOUR LIVES! EVIL INCARNATE OF SATAN!

Jilly
09-10-2007, 10:42 AM
Update: The dog found a home. A good home! Sometimes people are just amazingly compassionate.

teedubya
09-10-2007, 10:52 AM
Sweet, the dog found a home?! I didn't realize that Mike Vick had relatives out here in ee's ummit, issouri.