PDA

View Full Version : Somebody scout the Texans for me.

Direckshun
09-08-2007, 09:10 PM
I know they have a bust for a DE and a stud for a WR.

I know Schaub's okay, but I have no idea why.

Somebody tell me who the Texans are and why I should fear them.

Hammock Parties
09-08-2007, 09:11 PM
http://chiefs.scout.com/2/677269.html

DaKCMan AP
09-08-2007, 09:12 PM
They are not the Chiefs -- therefore they are SB bound and will destroy us.

blueballs
09-08-2007, 09:14 PM
They stunk for a few years
drafted high and are on their way
to the promise land -the genious plan

Hammock Parties
09-08-2007, 09:19 PM
Since you're probably not a premium member, Direckshun, and I like you, here's a teaser:

1. Matt Schaub is accurate, but has a weak arm.

2. The Texans pass rush kinda sucks right now.

3. Run defense is better.

4. Jacoby Jones is a no-name who's very dangerous.

5. Gary Kubiak came from Denver, but the Texans won't run the ball like the Broncos.

I picked us to lose.

Smed1065
09-08-2007, 09:19 PM
They had a #1 pick, of course.

Direckshun
09-08-2007, 09:37 PM
Since you're probably not a premium member, Direckshun, and I like you, here's a teaser:

5. Gary Kubiak came from Denver, but the Texans won't run the ball like the Broncos.

I picked us to lose.
I'm honored.

Mama Hip Rockets
09-08-2007, 09:37 PM
they suck. the chiefs will win.

KurtCobain
09-08-2007, 09:39 PM
they suck. the chiefs will win.

cheers!

Buehler445
09-08-2007, 09:41 PM
Who is their other WR? Seemed to me his name was Andre something or other.

Is their O-Line improved? If it is, they might be solid.

How are their corners? I hope they really blow ass so our WRs can take some pressure off the man.

Deberg_1990
09-08-2007, 09:44 PM

Are you sure? The few times i saw him in ATL, it looked strong enough to me.

Deberg_1990
09-08-2007, 09:45 PM

Andre Johnson. Hes one of the best WR's in the NFL, but since he plays for the Texans, he gets forgotten about.

DaKCMan AP

How are their corners? I hope they really blow ass so our WRs can take some pressure off the man.

Andre Johnson

Their new tackle is Jordan Black, what do you think?

Dunta Robinson is pretty good.

Hammock Parties

It looks like Jacoby Jones or Kevin Walter is going to start. They either have experience, but not a lot of ability, or ability, but not a lot of experience. Walter kind of reminds me of Boerigter.

Eh, kinda. It's not dominant by any means.

Dunta Robinson is really good. The rest are marginal.

Hammock Parties
09-08-2007, 09:46 PM
Are you sure? The few times i saw him in ATL, it looked strong enough to me.

It's very average. Sometimes he looks like he's pushing the ball, and I've seen him underthrow receivers.

Iowanian
09-08-2007, 09:46 PM
Jordan Black is their starting LT.

The Chiefs RDE and ROLB should have Shaub running like a Klansman streaking Harlem during the Martin Luther King JR Birthday celebration.

HWY 65 is Now open in tejas.

TEX
09-08-2007, 09:47 PM

I picked us to lose.

1. ROFL
Matt's arm is Plenty strong. Have you even seen him? I have. He's a better QB than anyone the Chiefs have. You should stick with things you actually know a little bit about.

2. Accurate, though Okoye improved throughout preseason.

3. Accurate

4. Accurate - He and Johnson will be tough to cover. This guy could come out of nowhere much like Colston did for the Saints last year.

5. Wrong - They have been running it very well with Green. BTW, Kubes played his HS ball right here in Houston at St. Pius.

Hammock Parties
09-08-2007, 09:56 PM
1. ROFL
Matt's arm is Plenty strong.

It's not that great. It's nowhere near Brodie's, for instance.

5. Wrong - They have been running it very well with Green. BTW, Kubes played his HS ball right here in Houston at St. Pius.

They ran the ball well in preseason, yes. But they aren't going to approach a top five running game by any stretch of the imagination. That was my point.

Digital Takawira
09-08-2007, 09:57 PM
All you need to know is that this is their 6th year in the league, and they are already rebuilding. This team needs to be thrown in the trash like a used-up bathroom monkey.
http://s1.thetravisty.com/Contents_Thumbs/Saturday_Night_Live/Bathroom_Monkey.wmv.gif

Hammock Parties
09-08-2007, 09:57 PM
Jordan Black is their starting LT.

He's the backup LT.

88TG88
09-08-2007, 09:58 PM

jordan black

edit: dammit

milkman
09-08-2007, 10:00 PM
jordan black

edit: dammit

Even if Black starting, that O-Line was never as bad as Carr made them look.

Shaub will get the ball out quicker, and they will look improved.

Iowanian
09-08-2007, 10:03 PM
Shaub is going to be a solid QB....he's got pretty good WRs, and Ahman Green should do pretty well in Gary Kubiac and the cheating donkey cut block system.

The defensive line isn't together yet, but Okoye and Williams make it a potentially respectable group.

It is a defense the Chiefs should be able to move the ball on...

Deberg_1990
09-08-2007, 10:07 PM
They ran the ball well in preseason, yes. But they aren't going to approach a top five running game by any stretch of the imagination. That was my point.

BTW, how did Ron Dayne look in the preseason?? I know he started to come on in that offense late last year. I need a backup RB in my fantasy league.

Hammock Parties
09-08-2007, 10:10 PM
BTW, how did Ron Dayne look in the preseason?? I know he started to come on in that offense late last year. I need a backup RB in my fantasy league.

Dayne is the third string RB in Houston.

Deberg_1990
09-08-2007, 10:12 PM
Dayne is the third string RB in Houston.

Nevermind then....

Buehler445
09-08-2007, 10:12 PM
Thanks for the info guys.

TEX
09-08-2007, 10:14 PM
It's not that great. It's nowhere near Brodie's, for instance.

You're right, it's not as strong as Brodie's. But it should not be considered weak at all. The guy can make all the throws and he gets rid of it quickly. He's young, but he picked up their system very quickly. He is a real QBOTF.

They might not be top 5 in rushing, but they'll be darn effective running it this year. What has helped them in that regards is they had been running that zone blocking scheme 2 years before Kubes got here. They have really improved in that area b/c it's not new to them.

I agree with you in that we're gonna get beat. Missing Jarred Allen is going to be a huge factor as will our kicking game.

keg in kc
09-08-2007, 10:15 PM
Nobody's said the word "bootleg" yet?

keg in kc
09-08-2007, 10:17 PM
I agree with you in that we're gonna get beat. Missing Jarred Allen is going to be a huge factor as will our kicking game.I think Wilkerson playing could be a blessing in disguise this week, with Kubiak running the Texans now.

TEX

He's not gonna get used much in scoring situations. He runs soft for a big back. He's going to be used in short yardage situations, but Kubes has already said that Green will be his guy near the goal line. Dayne will be nothing more than a "battering ram" to move the chains.

Hammock Parties
Nobody's said the word "bootleg" yet?

Schaub isn't all that scary on the bootleg. Of course if the DE just crashes down, he can waddle out there all day unimpeded.

We need to roll out the gameplan we used in Denver last year. Send safeties blitzing off the edges with abandon.

keg in kc
09-08-2007, 10:18 PM
I agree with you in that we're gonna get beat. Missing Jarred Allen is going to be a huge factor as will our kicking game.I think Wilkerson playing could be a blessing in disguise this week, with Kubiak running the Texans now. He's less prone to overpursue than Allen. I think he'll have a solid game.

TEX
09-08-2007, 10:19 PM
I think Wilkerson playing could be a blessing in disguise this week, with Kubiak running the Texans now.

How so? Defending the run? I'd rather see both ends coming after the QB in a hurry. Tamba and Allen can really get an OL thinking.

TEX
09-08-2007, 10:20 PM
I think Wilkerson playing could be a blessing in disguise this week, with Kubiak running the Texans now. He's less prone to overpursue than Allen. I think he'll have a solid game.

Gotcha, I didn't see the last part of your statement. Good point. Hope you're right!

TEX
09-08-2007, 10:23 PM
Schaub isn't all that scary on the bootleg. Of course if the DE just crashes down, he can waddle out there all day unimpeded.

We need to roll out the gameplan we used in Denver last year. Send safeties blitzing off the edges with abandon.

You're exactly right. They need to gameplan like it is Denver. Make no mistake, they're gonna run it with Schaub and he can make all the throws doing it, unlike Carr. They now have 2 legit WR's and thier TE can catch as well.

I watched a lot of thier practices at camp, and that's what they worked on for days. It's coming...

the Talking Can
09-08-2007, 10:26 PM
Demeco Ryans is a damn good lb.

Schaub's arm is not weak, Damon Huard's is...Schuab will be a very good QB, imo...much smarter than Carr.

But there are still ???'s about their DL. And we should all remember what Andre Johnson did to us.

the Talking Can
09-08-2007, 10:27 PM

I picked us to lose.

people pay for that?

Hammock Parties
09-08-2007, 10:28 PM
Schaub's arm is not weak, Damon Huard's is.

Dude, seriously? I think Damon puts more RPM's on the ball.

A lot of Schaub's balls kinda float out there. I'm not the first guy to point this out, I'm sure. We need some Falcons fans up in here.

Deberg_1990
09-08-2007, 10:30 PM
Dude, seriously? I think Damon puts more RPM's on the ball.

If you dont think all that highly of the Texans, then why did you pick them to win??

boogblaster
09-08-2007, 10:31 PM
Chiefs win on the ground ..the D will have a good day also ....

Hammock Parties
09-08-2007, 10:33 PM
If you dont think all that highly of the Texans, then why did you pick them to win??

I don't know where you are getting that I don't think all that highly of the Texans. I think they are a decent football team, and winning on the road in Week 1 is tough.

BECOME A PREMIUM SUBSCRIBER FOR MORE!

keg in kc
09-08-2007, 10:33 PM
A lot of Schaub's balls kinda float out there. I'm not the first guy to point this out, I'm sure. We need some Falcons fans up in here.Damon's don't float. They sort of flutter.

Deberg_1990
09-08-2007, 10:35 PM
I don't know where you are getting that I don't think all that highly of the Texans. I think they are a decent football team, and winning on the road in Week 1 is tough.

I picked us to lose

You couldnt pay me to register for that site. Thanks, but ill pass. There is no info i could get from there, i couldnt get from here + other free sites around the net.

milkman
09-08-2007, 10:36 PM

Stop spamming.

Hammock Parties
09-08-2007, 10:38 PM

I picked us to lose

You couldnt pay me to register for that site. Thanks, but ill pass. There is no info i could get from there, i couldnt get from here + other free sites around the net.

No one here watched the Texans in preseason and wrote 1,000 words about them...all I posted was a teaser.

Deberg_1990
09-08-2007, 10:39 PM
No one here watched the Texans in preseason and wrote 1,000 words about them...all I posted was a teaser.

Ill bet i could go out to a few Texans message boards and find out just as much info.

Which is apparantly how you obtain all your "Insider" info:

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41843

Hammock Parties
09-08-2007, 10:55 PM
Ill bet i could go out to a few Texans message boards and find out just as much info.

Which is apparantly how you obtain all your "Insider" info:

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41843

Nice try. That thread was posted 23 minutes ago. My article was published at 3 today.