PDA

View Full Version : Panic Planet in Lockdown

morphius
09-09-2007, 08:20 AM
All non registered users are locked out until sometime after the game. I'm sure this isn't going to really help a lot, but it can't hurt.

morphius

DaFace
09-09-2007, 08:23 AM
Just a friendly reminder that the chat room usually works great during games when the CP server gets bogged down:

http://ninja.linux-phreak.biz/chat/

DenverChief
09-09-2007, 08:25 AM
turning off sigs and avatars....does it help?

KC Kings
09-09-2007, 08:34 AM
Help with what?

I don't think many new comers could make half as many non-educated whiny comments based on no evidence, that about 50% of the existing board has resorted to.

DenverChief
09-09-2007, 08:38 AM
Help with what?

I don't think many new comers could make half as many non-educated whiny comments based on no evidence, that about 50% of the existing board has resorted to.

WTF are you whining about?

stumppy
09-09-2007, 08:41 AM
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/ajaxchat/planetchat.php

Then theres the official Chiefs Planet chat.

Coach
09-09-2007, 08:42 AM
turning off sigs and avatars....does it help?

Couldn't hurt. I usually, or at least try to remember, to turn off mine on Sundays.

Bearcat
09-09-2007, 08:43 AM
Help with what?

LOL... it's to help with a possible server overload, not because we're better than noobs and have more to contribute. We are better than noobs and have more to contribute, and it's recommended you have 10,000 posts before giving a negative opinion of the Chiefs, but that's not the point.

:p

DaFace
09-09-2007, 08:46 AM
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/ajaxchat/planetchat.php

Then theres the official Chiefs Planet chat.

Actually, we stopped using that toward the end of the year. It's on the actual CP server, so it bogs down as the Planet bogs down.

If you go up to "Planet" in the header and down to "Chat", you'll notice that it links to the address I posted.

cdcox
09-09-2007, 08:47 AM
Is it just me, or it the Planet running like a dog right now? Doesn't seem like there is that much post traffic to slow things down.

StcChief
09-09-2007, 08:49 AM
at work mode..not sure that would really help concurrent sessions but better nothing.

KcMizzou
09-09-2007, 08:50 AM
Is it just me, or it the Planet running like a dog right now? Doesn't seem like there is that much post traffic to slow things down.It is for me too. I thought maybe it was KCFX running the the background that was slowing things down.

DaFace
09-09-2007, 08:52 AM
Is it just me, or it the Planet running like a dog right now? Doesn't seem like there is that much post traffic to slow things down.

It's been kinda laggy since last night, I think. I thought it was just my PC at the time, but it hasn't gotten any better since.

Simply Red
09-09-2007, 08:54 AM
It's just you CDC.

wink, wink, nudge, nudge

Crashride
09-09-2007, 08:55 AM
didnt the admins set everyone to work mode last year?

Dave Lane
09-09-2007, 08:59 AM
LOL... it's to help with a possible server overload, not because we're better than noobs and have more to contribute. We are better than noobs and have more to contribute, and it's recommended you have 10,000 posts before giving a negative opinion of the Chiefs, but that's not the point.

Can I give a half assed opinion then? :)

Dave

gblowfish
09-09-2007, 09:02 AM
GOD....I CAN"T BELIEVE WE LOST!!!!

Oh wait...it's only 10am.

Sorry. My bad.

Reerun_KC
09-09-2007, 09:12 AM

How about you have something meaning full to add before you post....

PinkFloyd
09-09-2007, 09:20 AM
I had nightmares lastnight of Bam Morris sniffing coc instead of sniffing the goaline...... J. Allen was setting in the middle of the field drinking and Tynes was back trying to break the new kids leg off... And worst of all, LJ was telling Herm to get on the field cause he was coach for the day...

:deevee: It's going to be a baddddd dayyyyyy...

StcChief
09-09-2007, 09:27 AM
I had nightmares lastnight of Bam Morris sniffing coc instead of sniffing the goaline...... J. Allen was setting in the middle of the field drinking and Tynes was back trying to break the new kids leg off... And worst of all, LJ was telling Herm to get on the field cause he was coach for the day...

:deevee: It's going to be a baddddd dayyyyyy...
You obviously were NOT comfortably numb :p