PDA

View Full Version : Steve Young: The Chiefs continue to fail at life.

Direckshun
09-09-2007, 09:52 AM
Just listened to him a few minutes ago on ESPN.

The jist of it is that the trade of Trent Green was the biggest QB deal of the offseason, in that it gives Miami a chance to seriously compete while grooming John Beck, which is something Young thought would have happened in KC had Trent stayed here.

Now that he's gone, the Chiefs are a sub-.500 team without him.

Reerun_KC
09-09-2007, 09:54 AM

The jist of it is that the trade of Trent Green was the biggest QB deal of the offseason, in that it gives Miami a chance to seriously compete while grooming John Beck, which is something Young thought would have happened in KC had Trent stayed here.

Ouch....

Well on NFL network they said they are going to have to lean heavy on the run, to protect Huard...

I thought Huard gave us our best chance???

RealSNR
09-09-2007, 09:55 AM
Huard this season is a better QB than Trent Green.

BigVE
09-09-2007, 09:57 AM
And we will continue to trashed until we as team PROVE THEM ALL WRONG! Until then it's well deserved.

CupidStunt
09-09-2007, 09:58 AM
Green stinks. Doesn't really matter to me what the media are saying but they really need to get a clue when it comes to Green.

Bwana
How many major shots to the head did Steve take again?

Deberg_1990
Yes, Steve, how will we ever get by without our QB who never won a playoff game, and who looked like absolute crap at the end of last season??? Seriously, these national guys just dont do any research.

percysnow
09-09-2007, 10:01 AM
I agree we should have kept green this year to give us a better chance to win and to give Brodie a seasoned veteren to teach him tyhe ways. .dont tell me he's going to learn anything from lifetime clipboard holder Huard

BigMeatballDave
09-09-2007, 10:01 AM
If Huard has a better season than Green, it will be completely ignored...

headsnap
09-09-2007, 10:02 AM
Huard was his best when TRENT was calling his plays. ;)

BigMeatballDave
09-09-2007, 10:03 AM
I never said it because I am something of a homer, but Greens success was due to a system, and a great line. Nothing more...

penguinz
09-09-2007, 10:04 AM
Huard was his best when TRENT was calling his plays. ;)
U R DUMB

Direckshun
09-09-2007, 10:05 AM
If Huard has a better season than Green, it will be completely ignored...
I hear ya.

Reerun_KC
09-09-2007, 10:05 AM

Then why do we have to protect Huard with our running game?

You shouldnt have to protect an 11 year backup..... You should be able to lean on him to win the game....

NUMBER7
09-09-2007, 10:12 AM

Steve Young is just disappointed that he never got to wear the Red and Gold like Montana and Bono.

headsnap
09-09-2007, 10:13 AM
U R DUMB
well, at least while surfing ChiefsPlanet I am in good company... :p

Easy 6
09-09-2007, 12:34 PM
Warren Jeffs told him to say that...

Valiant
09-09-2007, 12:39 PM
I never said it because I am something of a homer, but Greens success was due to a system, and a great line. Nothing more...

He did well in Washington..

chiefsfan1963
09-09-2007, 01:42 PM
This season is already over. The Green deal was the best move for KC and will probably result in an extra 4th round pick. We will probably have a Top 5 pick next year and 9 picks overall. That will bring in a lot of super talent. Herm's best quality is picking good talent so I see us being successful as far as getting good players.

Hopefully after another terrible season in 2008 both Herm and CP will exit and we will have new management and whole new coaching staff in 2009, and great a stable of talented players just aching to be coached effectively.

That's the best scenario we can hope for at the present.