PDA

View Full Version : My ESPN Boycott

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-09-2007, 10:03 AM
No, this isn't a ploy for attention, or a platform for me to say anything wild, just that I am one month in to a year-long vacation from all non-competitive ESPN programming, save PTI and Baseball Tonight. That means, no Sportscenter, NFL Countdown, NBA Shootaround, etc.

I'm completely sick of ESPN's garbage.

Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, A-Rod, Jeter, Bonds, TO, the Yanks, the Sox, Pats, Colts, Kobe, LeBron, and Wade.

That's it. That's all you ever f*cking hear from that festering boil on a moose's ass.

You can find out more interesting stuff from Deadspin, and get much more information about sports info relevant to you from various blogs. I'll still read the Sports Guy, but aside from that, the continued info-tainmentification of the "Worldwide Leader" has me ready to check out of their bullshit parade.

kcxiv
09-09-2007, 10:04 AM
Everything there is east coast but Bonds and look what he had to do to get his attention. lol

the Talking Can
09-09-2007, 10:04 AM
ESPN has jumped the shark.

completely self-referential and self-absorbed....no insight or interesting information...aside from games I've already given up on it....

TrickyNicky
09-09-2007, 10:05 AM
I'm right there with you. It's been that way for a long while during this offseason. I've just been watching NFL Network instead.

Deberg_1990
09-09-2007, 10:05 AM
This is why i love NFL Network. Thanks Direct TV!!

dirk digler
09-09-2007, 10:06 AM
I never watch ESPN anymore and haven't for a while.

I like watching the NFL Network or the other 2 networks pre game shows

the Talking Can
09-09-2007, 10:09 AM
they have jillions of dollars, an army of researchers, and ex-players paid to do nothing but report on the NFL for 4 months....and those idiots can't spend 5 mins studying the teams....they should know everything, but they know less than most wives

Thig Lyfe
09-09-2007, 10:10 AM
Good for you. Deadspin is an excellent source for sports news, and much more entertaining to boot.

Deberg_1990
09-09-2007, 10:11 AM
they have jillions of dollars, an army of researchers, and ex-players paid to do nothing but report on the NFL for 4 months....and those idiots can't spend 5 mins studying the teams....they should know everything, but they know less than most wives

They have turned into all style and no substance. Its pretty sad.

Reerun_KC
09-09-2007, 10:11 AM
NFL Network is killing ESPN...

they are breaking down each game....

Extra Point
09-09-2007, 10:13 AM
I watch it only for college games and highlights. Their NFL coverage used to be good: Jaws and Hoge were cool. The rest, now, suck.

chagrin
09-09-2007, 10:13 AM
I haven't watched ESPN in months, I gave up. It's become Entertainment Tonight, it's sickening - however it's also a prefect reflection of our society today, which is also pretty sickening.

Skip Towne
09-09-2007, 10:14 AM
This boycott will no doubt bring ESPN to their knees. :p

Frazod
09-09-2007, 10:16 AM
Agreed. In between commercials and endless sucking off of Manning and Brady, they might talk about how much we suck for about 30 seconds. They are the official sports network of New York, Boston and the Flavor of the Week.

I actually stayed up until 4:00 this morning hoping I'd be tired enough to sleep right up until noon, but damned if I didn't wake up early. I'm tired of hearing about how much we suck, whether I'm saying it, or reading about it from any one of 100 other people here, or hearing about it from the talkingsportshead assholes on ESPN. I hope our players are tired of hearing it, too. Perhaps they'll do something about it.

Deberg_1990
09-09-2007, 10:18 AM
I haven't watched ESPN in months, I gave up. It's become Entertainment Tonight, it's sickening - however it's also a prefect reflection of our society today, which is also pretty sickening.

Good point. It appears they have tried to broaden their demographics the past few years. In the process losing their edge.

Simplex3
09-09-2007, 10:26 AM
NFL Network is killing ESPN...

they are breaking down each game....
WHAT?!?! But, what about TO's *FEELINGS*...

ESPN's "Sunday Countdown" is crap. It's total s**t. Emmitt is no better than Steve Young, Berman's references are as old and tired as he is, and Stuart "Crazy Eye" is even worse.

ESPN is on it's way out.

Extra Point
09-09-2007, 10:27 AM
What do you expect from the Disney-ABC influence? Roone Arledge's influence is long, long gone.

Mike & Mike is the snooze button of sports. Cold Pizza is Good Morning America without weather. Having a sick day? These shows will put you drive to work.

ChiefsCountry
09-09-2007, 10:50 AM
I rarely watch SportsCenter anymore mainly the only time I watch ESPN is for games only.

siberian khatru
09-09-2007, 10:52 AM
I gave up on ESPN years ago ... late 90s.

I was an addict in the 80s. But they just go soooooo full of themselves.

trndobrd
09-09-2007, 10:53 AM
ESPN=MTV