PDA

View Full Version : Question for the whiners who want Croyle RIGHT NOW

Mr. Flopnuts
09-09-2007, 03:08 PM
Do you really think that Damon is going to start this whole season if start off 0-2 0-3 0-4 or 1-4? Kind of looks like that's where we're heading right? Do you really think that Herm will stick with Huard? You know better. Croyle will get his chance.

Deberg_1990
09-09-2007, 03:11 PM
Do you really think that Damon is going to start this whole season if start off 0-2 0-3 0-4 or 1-4? Kind of looks like that's where we're heading right? Do you really think that Herm will stick with Huard? You know better. Croyle will get his chance.

Agreed.

NaptownChief
09-09-2007, 03:12 PM
I hope they don't mess with things. Right now we should be able to beat everyone at playing "real football" by keeping the Chiefs scoring under 20. Those other teams can only win with that "arena league" crap.

CupidStunt
09-09-2007, 03:12 PM
I can't even remember who we play in week four but as long as it's not an elite D, I'm cool with them starting him then.

Don't bother with Chicago and Minnesota. Let Huard go 20/60, 0 TD, 5 INTs and 9 sacks.

the Talking Can
09-09-2007, 03:13 PM
it makes sense, don't maximize the experience Croyle could get from this season....minimize it...that's my Chiefs....

every game Huard plays is pointless...he has nothing to do with the future of this franchise, nothing

FAX
09-09-2007, 03:14 PM
This really isn't an issue, Mr. Mr. Flopnuts. Herm explained it in his post game presser.

Apparently, there was some miscommunication between the sideline and the quarterback. Herm told him, "If you're feel pressure, just take a dump off."

Downfield thought he said, "If you're feel pressure, just take a dump."

FAX

Mr. Flopnuts
09-09-2007, 03:14 PM
I can't even remember who we play in week four but as long as it's not an elite D, I'm cool with them starting him then.

Don't bother with Chicago and Minnesota. Let Huard go 20/60, 0 TD, 5 INTs and 9 sacks.

We're IN San Diego that week. Week 5 is when Croyle comes in, we have 6 of 8 games at home in that stretch. Then 3 of 4 on the road to close the season. We're going to find out EXACTLY what Croyle is made of. Only we're gonna wait and start him off on in a mostly positive environment. Amazing Herm came up with that all by himself no?

FringeNC
09-09-2007, 03:15 PM
every game Huard plays is pointless...he has nothing to do with the future of this franchise, nothing

Same thing could be said about every game that Herm coaches....

BigChiefFan
09-09-2007, 03:17 PM
I'd give Huard one more start-if he plays like today, time to ride the pine. There is absolutely no benefit to playing him. Is Croyle the future or not? We sure as Hell aren't going to find out with him not playing. After watching today's game-the future is NOW.

Mr. Flopnuts
09-09-2007, 03:18 PM
it makes sense, don't maximize the experience Croyle could get from this season....minimize it...that's my Chiefs....

I like you Can, I really do, but you're one of many shortsighted fans on this board. Think about this. Huard has a lot to do with the future of this team RIGHT NOW. Success breeds itself. He gives us the BEST chance to win RIGHT NOW. Not much of a chance? Of course. Fact is though, there are a lot of young guys on this team that need direction from the QB. Huard is the guy RIGHT NOW. Not for long but right now he is. It makes sense for the young guys on this team and it makes sense for Croyle. Let Brodie come play in Arrowhead for his first 6 of 8 games. It's favorable for everyone. Herm and Carl know EXACTLY what they're doing, and they're right.

Reerun_KC
09-09-2007, 03:19 PM
Week 5 is fine for Croyle...

I am kind of enjoying watching the savior taking a beating...

Watching all these people defend Shortfield No Game Huard, it quite amusing...

dirk digler
09-09-2007, 03:20 PM
I hope they don't mess with things. Right now we should be able to beat everyone at playing "real football" by keeping the Chiefs scoring under 20. Those other teams can only win with that "arena league" crap.

LMAO

Yep. I want Huard to start and play the whole damn season so we can end up being 0-16, or 1-15 so we can draft a real QB.

Reerun_KC
09-09-2007, 03:20 PM
I like you Can, I really do, but you're one of many shortsighted fans on this board. Think about this. Huard has a lot to do with the future of this team RIGHT NOW. Success breeds itself. He gives us the BEST chance to win RIGHT NOW. Not much of a chance? Of course. Fact is though, there are a lot of young guys on this team that need direction from the QB. Huard is the guy RIGHT NOW. Not for long but right now he is. It makes sense for the young guys on this team and it makes sense for Croyle. Let Brodie come play in Arrowhead for his first 6 of 8 games. It's favorable for everyone. Herm and Carl know EXACTLY what they're doing, and they're right.

Okay Gretz... We get your point....

Only thing is Huard gives us no chance of winning now or ever...

Deberg_1990
09-09-2007, 03:21 PM

Once again, i ask: How does a guy who can only muster 3 points against the almighty Houston Texans give us the best chance to win RIGHT NOW??

Mr. Flopnuts
09-09-2007, 03:21 PM
Okay Gretz... We get your point....

Only thing is Huard gives us no chance of winning now or ever...

I always kind of thought you were retarded. Thanks for leaving no doubt. In another rousing game of let's state the obvious, you don't like Herm Edwards.

the Talking Can
09-09-2007, 03:23 PM

Huard offers nothing but sorry ass check down passes. Everyone on this teams knows he is a career backup who has done nothing in this league to deserve a starting role.

Every game he plays is a waste. And Carl and Herm don't have a ****ING CLUE what they are doing, as today made crystal clear.

Carl knows only failure and mediocrity.

Mr. Flopnuts
09-09-2007, 03:23 PM
Once again, i ask: How does a guy who can only muster 3 points give us the best chance to win RIGHT NOW??

What? Is he suppossed to make chicken salad out of chicken shit? I'm seriously not defending Huard here. I'm not saying he's a great qb. I'm saying, he's more experienced, more polished, and can LEAD this YOUNG team better than Croyle can. Once they're 0-4 and KNOW WITHOUT A DOUBT THAT THEY AREN'T WORTH A SHIT, things will change. Croyle will start. There will be nothing left to prove. This isn't about Damon. This is about Brodie and every other kid under 27 on this team.

Deberg_1990
09-09-2007, 03:25 PM
What? Is he suppossed to make chicken salad out of chicken shit? I'm seriously not defending Huard here. I'm not saying he's a great qb. I'm saying, he's more experienced, more polished, and can LEAD this YOUNG team better than Croyle can. Once they're 0-4 and KNOW WITHOUT A DOUBT THAT THEY AREN'T WORTH A SHIT, things will change. Croyle will start. There will be nothing left to prove. This isn't about Damon. This is about Brodie and every other kid under 27 on this team.

Actually there are alot of veterans on the offense: McIntosh, Waters, Weigman, Welbourn, Turley, TG, LJ, Kennison....How much leadership do those guys need??

Reerun_KC
09-09-2007, 03:26 PM
I always kind of thought you were retarded. Thanks for leaving no doubt. In another rousing game of let's state the obvious, you don't like Herm Edwards.

what does me not liking Herm have to do with you loving Huard and our best chance to WIN NOW?

unfortantly Huard gives us no chance, but I do agree with letting Huard get hammered for the next 4 weeks...

I would rather Croyle start in arrowhead as well...

Also if you believe Herm and Carl knows what they are doing? Then you have to be Bob Gretz....

Reerun_KC
09-09-2007, 03:27 PM
Actually there are alot of veterans on the offense: McIntosh, Waters, Weigman, Welbourn, Turley, TG, LJ, Kennison....How much leadership do those guys need??

Apparently only the kind of leadership Huard can provide?

ROFL

damaticous
09-09-2007, 03:32 PM

Why not stick with Huard? He did his job besides throwing an Int..which, I believe he couldn't/didn't see the defenter.

Was it not Huard that go the passes to the receivers...Who subsiquently dropped!?!?!?!

You sir..are a douchbag! Get on the Colts bandwagon while you still can and look cool. Cause right now, you look like a dumbass!

underEJ
09-09-2007, 03:33 PM
The players clearly think Waters is the leader since they voted him the captain, not that a captain really does that much, but it gives a sense of the team's side of the story.

the Talking Can
09-09-2007, 03:33 PM
Why not stick with Huard? He did his job besides throwing an Int..which, I believe he couldn't/didn't see the defenter.

Was it not Huard that go the passes to the receivers...Who subsiquently dropped!?!?!?!

You sir..are a douchbag! Get on the Colts bandwagon while you still can and look cool. Cause right now, you look like a dumbass!

good grief

Mr. Flopnuts
09-09-2007, 03:34 PM
what does me not liking Herm have to do with you loving Huard and our best chance to WIN NOW?

unfortantly Huard gives us no chance, but I do agree with letting Huard get hammered for the next 4 weeks...

I would rather Croyle start in arrowhead as well...

Also if you believe Herm and Carl knows what they are doing? Then you have to be Bob Gretz....

This doesn't have anything to do with Huard giving us the best chance to win for us the fans. It has everything to do with Huard giving us the best chance to win for the players. It's called motivation. You don't take it away before the season ever starts. Damon did well when he came in last year and played, and Croyle did shit this preseason. Who do you think the players wanted to start the season? You can't go and tell them they're worthless before they even line up to play a regular season game. I don't give a shit about Damon, or him leading us to victories this year. I know better. The players don't. I don't know why that's so hard to understand.

Reerun_KC
09-09-2007, 03:35 PM
This doesn't have anything to do with Huard giving us the best chance to win for us the fans. It has everything to do with Huard giving us the best chance to win for the players. It's called motivation. You don't take it away before the season ever starts. Damon did well when he came in last year and played, and Croyle did shit this preseason. Who do you think the players wanted to start the season? You can't go and tell them they're worthless before they even line up to play a regular season game. I don't give a shit about Damon, or him leading us to victories this year. I know better. The players don't. I don't know why that's so hard to understand.

Presentation....

Mr. Flopnuts
09-09-2007, 03:35 PM

I couldn't understand most of what you wrote. I have no idea of what you're trying to say other than I am a douchebag. Sweet. Have another beer.

Reerun_KC
09-09-2007, 03:36 PM
I couldn't understand most of what you wrote. I have no idea of what you're trying to say other than I am a douchebag. Sweet. Have another beer.

hell I have been called worse...

WTF did he say? I couldnt understand any of it...

Tribal Warfare
09-09-2007, 03:37 PM
I am kind of enjoying watching the savior taking a beating...

Watching all these people defend Shortfield No Game Huard, it quite amusing...

Blasphemy!!!!!! St. Huard is infallible, with his graceful short passing game how majestic the 8 in the box formations are it almost brings a tear to one eye. :banghead:

Mr. Flopnuts
09-09-2007, 03:37 PM
Presentation....

Probably. I'm a little fired up right now. I already flamed on you once out of irritation. Probably my own fault for not clearly presenting my thoughts.

Mr. Flopnuts
09-09-2007, 03:38 PM
hell I have been called worse...

WTF did he say? I couldnt understand any of it...

Hell I don't know. Huard is a savior, and I am not a real fan because I want to see these young guys succeed.

Reerun_KC
09-09-2007, 03:40 PM
Probably. I'm a little fired up right now. I already flamed on you once out of irritation. Probably my own fault for not clearly presenting my thoughts.

ROFL

No biggie... Relax it is a long season.........

Reerun_KC
09-09-2007, 03:42 PM
Blasphemy!!!!!! St. Huard is infallible, with his graceful short passing game how majestic the 8 in the box formations are it almost brings a tear to one eye. :banghead:

yeah I know what you mean.. I looked like this each time he threw a 2 yard out pass... :deevee:

My god you would think Hackett or Raye is in the booth...

Eleazar
09-09-2007, 04:28 PM
Good lord. There are fluffers here actually claiming that Huard played a good game today. Did the Soviets release an airborne spray of psychoactive drugs or something? How can any person in control of their faculties have watched the entire game and not seen how ineffective he was?

whoaskew
09-09-2007, 06:53 PM
What did Huard do today that makes him such a better choice than Croyle?

1. Threw two picks?
2. Threw totally inaccurate passes?
3. Couldn't throw over 5 yards down the field?
4. Held the ball too long?
5. Led an offense that couldn't score over 3 points?
6. Led the team to a loss?

Those are things I might have a hard time accepting from a first-year starter. We shouldn't even be having this discussion about an 11-year vet.

Keeping Huard in the game today was the wrong decision. Starting him the rest of the season would be moronic.

All you people who want to babysit Croyle until the season is half over have your wires crossed.

Look at Cutler's history. He started the last 5 games last year and lost three of them. Today was his 6th start and he surely looked pretty comfortable today.

2 of Cutler's first 3 career games were on the road (just like Croyle's would be if we started him next week).

Cutler's stats
12/3/06 seattle 2td 2int 3sacks 62.3rating
12/10/06 @SD 2td 0int 4sacks 97.6rating
12/17/06 @ari 2td 1int 1sack 101.7rating
12/24/06 cin 2td 1int 3sacks 88.9rating
12/31/06 sf 1td 1int 2sacks 84.1rating
09/09/07 @buf 1td 1int 1int 81.6rating

I have always been told that to be a consistent playoff team, you should expect to win all of your home games and half of your away games (8+4= 12 wins for those who are bad at math).

If we win 10 games, we should make the playoffs. That means that we can only lose 6 games this season (1 of which already occured today) if we want to be a threat.

If we keep starting DISMAL HUARD, at best we may win 6 games.

Start Croyle, let him get up to NFL speed on the road, where we can actually afford to lose. When he gets home, he needs to be ready because that is not where we can afford a loss. Win the home games, win at least two road games, and we will be a contender. None of this will be possible with DISMAL HUARD starting.

BigMeatballDave
09-09-2007, 06:56 PM
This really isn't an issue, Mr. Mr. Flopnuts. Herm explained it in his post game presser.

Apparently, there was some miscommunication between the sideline and the quarterback. Herm told him, "If you're feel pressure, just take a dump off."

Downfield thought he said, "If you're feel pressure, just take a dump."

FAXLMAO

BigMeatballDave
09-09-2007, 06:58 PM
We're IN San Diego that week. Week 5 is when Croyle comes in, we have 6 of 8 games at home in that stretch. Then 3 of 4 on the road to close the season. We're going to find out EXACTLY what Croyle is made of. Only we're gonna wait and start him off on in a mostly positive environment. Amazing Herm came up with that all by himself no?Well, if we're winless by then, I wouldn't exactly say its a positive environment...
:)

BigMeatballDave
09-09-2007, 07:02 PM
I like you Can, I really do, but you're one of many shortsighted fans on this board. Think about this. Huard has a lot to do with the future of this team RIGHT NOW. Success breeds itself. He gives us the BEST chance to win RIGHT NOW. Not much of a chance? Of course. Fact is though, there are a lot of young guys on this team that need direction from the QB. Huard is the guy RIGHT NOW. Not for long but right now he is. It makes sense for the young guys on this team and it makes sense for Croyle. Let Brodie come play in Arrowhead for his first 6 of 8 games. It's favorable for everyone. Herm and Carl know EXACTLY what they're doing, and they're right.You're a quality member, Mr. Flop, but have you considered you may be shortsighted? Waiting 4 more games is just delaying Brodie's development. I say start him in the home opener.

BigMeatballDave
09-09-2007, 07:07 PM

You sir..are a douchbag! Get on the Colts bandwagon while you still can and look cool. Cause right now, you look like a dumbass!Wow, I actually feel stoopider after reading that...

BigMeatballDave
09-09-2007, 07:09 PM
Good lord. There are fluffers here actually claiming that Huard played a good game today. Did the Soviets release an airborne spray of psychoactive drugs or something? How can any person in control of their faculties have watched the entire game and not seen how ineffective he was?Wha..? He was 22-33, man...

BigMeatballDave
09-09-2007, 07:11 PM

1. Threw two picks?

Those are things I might have a hard time accepting from a first-year starter. We shouldn't even be having this discussion about an 11-year vet.

Keeping Huard in the game today was the wrong decision. Starting him the rest of the season would be moronic.

All you people who want to babysit Croyle until the season is half over have your wires crossed.

Look at Cutler's history. He started the last 5 games last year and lost three of them. Today was his 6th start and he surely looked pretty comfortable today.

2 of Cutler's first 3 career games were on the road (just like Croyle's would be if we started him next week).

Cutler's stats

I have always been told that to be a consistent playoff team, you should expect to win all of your home games and half of your away games (8+4= 12 wins for those who are bad at math).

If we win 10 games, we should make the playoffs. That means that we can only lose 6 games this season (1 of which already occured today) if we want to be a threat.

Start Croyle, let him get up to NFL speed on the road, where we can actually afford to lose. When he gets home, he needs to be ready because that is not where we can afford a loss. Win the home games, win at least two road games, and we will be a contender. None of this will be possible with DISMAL HUARD starting.Well said...
:clap:

Hoover
09-09-2007, 07:14 PM
I say let the kid start when we have back to back home games.

Rasputin
09-09-2007, 07:57 PM
I see us in the same boat as the cowgirls were last year starting with Drew Bledsoe. As soon as Romeo got in the Cowgirls started to "win" games. It was obvious to the fans and media that Bledsoe was getting killed and his team was suffering for it but the head coach wouldn't put Romo in untill several weeks into the season. Romo saved their season last year.

I think the sooner we play Croyle the better he is going to be. He should have started today or played some at the end of game.

Croyle did look better than Huard in preseason, he proved he can move the ball downfield and score a TD, Huard did not.

I'll take Croyle thowing INTs, but he is going to throw more TDs and next year he is going to be a better QB overall and his WRs will be better too. STUPID to go with Huard. Jmho.

unlurking
09-09-2007, 08:24 PM
Well, if we're winless by then, I wouldn't exactly say its a positive environment...
He needs the rest of the team to quit on Huard first apparently.

No idea why.

ChiefsCountry
09-09-2007, 08:28 PM
I'll take Croyle thowing INTs, but he is going to throw more TDs and next year he is going to be a better QB overall and his WRs will be better too. STUPID to go with Huard. Jmho.

Actually the more I have thought about it was right to go with Huard first. If we went with Croyle everybody would have been on them to put Huard in, start Huard first expose how he sucks and last year was a fraud and then you can go on with Croyle.

Toad
09-09-2007, 08:34 PM
....Herm and Carl know EXACTLY what they're doing, and they're right.

I'm sorry man, but you lost me when I saw this.

unlurking
09-09-2007, 08:35 PM
Actually the more I have thought about it was right to go with Huard first. If we went with Croyle everybody would have been on them to put Huard in, start Huard first expose how he sucks and last year was a fraud and then you can go on with Croyle.
So, not only do we need the team to quit on Huard, we need the fans to quit on him too?

**** that. Man up and do the damn job, screw this psych 101 bullshit.

talastan
09-09-2007, 08:43 PM

1. Threw two picks?

Cutler's stats

Start Croyle, let him get up to NFL speed on the road, where we can actually afford to lose. When he gets home, he needs to be ready because that is not where we can afford a loss. Win the home games, win at least two road games, and we will be a contender. None of this will be possible with DISMAL HUARD starting.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Let Brodie develop!! He's got to learn to play top five defenses if we want to win a Super Bowl.

ChiefsCountry
09-09-2007, 08:46 PM
So, not only do we need the team to quit on Huard, we need the fans to quit on him too?

**** that. Man up and do the damn job, screw this psych 101 bullshit.

Hey if it was me I would be playing Croyle, but heck so much in sports is psych 101 bullshit anyways you kind of have to do it as much as it sucks.

Skip Towne
09-09-2007, 08:57 PM
Wow, I actually feel stoopider after reading that...
I agree. You look stoopider too. :p

unlurking
09-09-2007, 09:26 PM
Hey if it was me I would be playing Croyle, but heck so much in sports is psych 101 bullshit anyways you kind of have to do it as much as it sucks.
Yeah, I just hate that shit though. The world is "politically correct" enough without babying multi-million dollar pro athletes.