PDA

View Full Version : Randy Moss set to take over the world...

Hammock Parties
09-09-2007, 03:53 PM
Nine catches, 183 yards, 1 TD today. Made my fantasy team explode.

How about those Jets, Billy boy? :D

Deberg_1990
09-09-2007, 03:53 PM
repost

dirk digler
09-09-2007, 03:54 PM

They scored more and looked better than the Chiefs did

Hammock Parties
09-09-2007, 03:54 PM

If we had allowed 38 points this place would be in meltdown mode.

Thig Lyfe
09-09-2007, 03:55 PM
Yeah, he's the lone bright spot on my team right now. Drew Brees and LJ got me jack shit. Chiefs D had some nice turnovers but gave up too many yards. Now I just have to hope that TO and Brandon Jacobs tear it up tonight.

ChiefsFanatic
09-09-2007, 03:55 PM

Of course they did, Herm does not coach them anymore. Duh!

dirk digler
09-09-2007, 03:59 PM
If we had allowed 38 points this place would be in meltdown mode.

I don't think so.

We are competing with the Browns with being the worst team in football

kcfanXIII
09-09-2007, 03:59 PM
moss completely canceled out brady, who my opponent is starting. unfortunately lee evans put up a goose egg.

Bearcat
09-09-2007, 04:54 PM
I freakin' sat him and Portis, and they both destroyed the starters above them. I think too much sometimes... about injury questions and preperation questions. :banghead:

Oh well, I think I'll still win my week in large part because of Peyton Manning.

Basileus777
09-09-2007, 04:54 PM
I don't think so.

We are competing with the Browns with being the worst team in football

Now lets not forget Atlanta....

09-09-2007, 04:55 PM

He had one long catch?

How about those Chiefs today, Goatboy?

DaKCMan AP
09-09-2007, 04:56 PM
My team is kicking ass and taking names

Kitna-Addai-Henry-Andre Johnson-Hines Ward-Wilkins-Green Bay

not holding their own: TonyG & Jamal Lewis

KcMizzou
09-09-2007, 04:56 PM
He had one long catch?

How about those Chiefs today, Goatboy?183 yards is a hell of a long catch.

Direckshun
09-09-2007, 04:57 PM
WHY DON'T WE HAVE A FANTASY FORUM.

Logical
09-09-2007, 04:57 PM
I am really glad I played Andre Johnson, I told my fantasy league he would go off against the Chiefs.

09-09-2007, 04:58 PM
183 yards is a hell of a long catch.
It was long, I was there. :shake:

Basileus777
09-09-2007, 05:00 PM
It was long, I was there. :shake:

Somewhere Tom Brady is still waiting for the Jets pass rush to come after him.

tk13
09-09-2007, 05:04 PM
So far from the football I've watched the first week, the Pats and Colts look head and shoulders above the rest of the league. Again. It's disgusting. And with their coaching and talent level there's no reason to think it'll drop off, unless there are injuries. I hope something changes, for the first time since those Cowboys/Niners years I feel like we know who it's gonna come down to in the end, and that wasn't salary cap football.

Thig Lyfe
09-09-2007, 05:38 PM
He had one long catch?

How about those Chiefs today, Goatboy?

Huh? He said nine catches.

The Bad Guy
09-09-2007, 05:46 PM
I am really glad I played Andre Johnson, I told my fantasy league he would go off against the Chiefs.

If you were playing Don Johnson, I'm sure you would still tell your fantasy league they would go off against the Chiefs.

Amnorix
09-09-2007, 08:09 PM
Yeah, uhh...good game. That was fun.

Brady's never had anything on par with Moss. Don't overlook Welker. Bad drop on 3rd and 3 to force the only punt the Pats had, but that guy is everything we could've hoped for.

The fans who said we overpaid giving up a 2 and a 7 for him can eat his dust.

Chargers next week -- BIG game. HUGE. It's all about HFA these days for Pats/Colts/Chargers. I don't think Norv can get the job done for the Chargers, but that team has sick talent, so we'll see.

OctoberFart
09-09-2007, 08:11 PM
Brady to Moss. Rest of the league should hate AL for doing that trade. He knew Oakland wouldn't win it and he could eliminate a lot of teams with that trade. Pisses me off he didn't send him to GB as their 3rd rounder will be slightly higher.

Basileus777
09-09-2007, 08:11 PM
Yeah, uhh...good game. That was fun.

Brady's never had anything on par with Moss. Don't overlook Welker. Bad drop on 3rd and 3 to force the only punt the Pats had, but that guy is everything we could've hoped for.

The fans who said we overpaid giving up a 2 and a 7 for him can eat his dust.

Chargers next week -- BIG game. HUGE. It's all about HFA these days for Pats/Colts/Chargers. I don't think Norv can get the job done for the Chargers, but that team has sick talent, so we'll see.

If your line can give Brady half the protection he had today he should be able to pick apart the questionable Chargers secondary.

The bigger question is your D. I thought the Pats D would be excellent this year, but the coverage in the secondary was not all that great. Samuels didn't look good at all.

Amnorix
09-09-2007, 08:13 PM
Brady to Moss. Rest of the league should hate AL for doing that trade. He knew Oakland wouldn't win it and he could eliminate a lot of teams with that trade. Pisses me off he didn't send him to GB as their 3rd rounder will be slightly higher.

We gave up a 4th for Randy, not a 3rd.

What did the Packers offer? No way they offered a 3rd, or why would da Raiders have taken the Pats offer instead?

Amnorix
09-09-2007, 08:15 PM
If your line can give Brady half the protection he had today he should be able to pick apart the questionable Chargers secondary.

The bigger question is your D. I thought the Pats D would be excellent this year, but the coverage in the secondary was not all that great. Samuels didn't look good at all.

Asante wasn't at his best, but he's a tad overrated compared to his paycheck and franchise designation anyway. IMHO he's very good, but not ELITE or anything.

Also, Pennington is disgustingly accurate, and his WR corp is very solid with Coles and Cotchery (sp?).

I also think the Pats played a very vanilla defense on the theory that we could just line up, play it straight up, and win with better players in the trenches, and better skill position players. That part worked out fine.

We had some communication problems on defesen, however. That part was obvious, and needs to be cleaned up pronto.

Mecca
09-09-2007, 08:15 PM
Because Moss refused to restructure his deal for Green Bay but he agreed with to do it for NE, he chose where he was going.

Amnorix
09-09-2007, 08:16 PM

Don't get me wrong, I like our OLine just fine, but the amount of time Brady had today was SICK. I dont' know WTF was up with the Jets pass rush, but that was utterly pathetic. I don't expect him to have 8 seconds on EVERY pass play against the likes of Merriman and crew.

Amnorix
09-09-2007, 08:17 PM
Because Moss refused to restructure his deal for Green Bay but he agreed with to do it for NE, he chose where he was going.

Right, there you go. And you can hardly blame Moss for that either... Who wouldn't do the same if they were in his shoes?

Mecca
The Jets are trying to play 3-4 without the guys to run it, their best D player, Vilma, is totally wasted in that D.

CanadaKC
I'm in fantasy football heaven...I got Brady and Moss (Moss late 4th round)
Santonio Holmes, Adrian Peterson, Jason Witten, Steven Jackson, and Chicago D. I OWNED my opponent.

OctoberFart
09-09-2007, 08:18 PM
We gave up a 4th for Randy, not a 3rd.

What did the Packers offer? No way they offered a 3rd, or why would da Raiders have taken the Pats offer instead?

Your right but I thought that GB offered the same 4th round pick. Must of had to do with what Mecca said and the contract.

headsnap
09-09-2007, 08:19 PM
BECAUSE WE ALREADY HAVE TOO MANY ****1NG FORUMS!!!!

Amnorix
09-09-2007, 08:19 PM
The Jets are trying to play 3-4 without the guys to run it, their best D player, Vilma, is totally wasted in that D.

Agreed. They have some components for it, but certainly not all that they'd like. Hopefully before they can fill in all the other pieces, Mangini gets the axe. Unlikely, but possible.

I expect the Jets to be a pain in our azz for YEARS to come in free agency. They'll sign anybody off our team that has talent that we decide not to pay. It wouldn't be so bad if they'd gone to the NFC, or hell, even another AFC division. But noo....it's the fricking Jets.

My worst nightmare is Belichick retires in a year or three, and Mangini stays in NY for 10+ years and starts beating our ass with Belichick's former players and system.

For now, however, I'll sit back and enjoy the humiliation of the Jests. :fire:

Amnorix
09-09-2007, 08:21 PM
Your right but I thought that GB offered the same 4th round pick. Must of had to do with what Mecca said and the contract.

Right. He reminded me. Moss wouldn't restructure and GB either couldn't or wouldn't fit him under their cap at his old $9M number or whatever it was.

Moss is FA after this year, however, if I remember right. Hope he loves teh Pats and stays with us at a hometown discount. I doubt Belichick is looking to pay any WR $10MM or anything....

pikesome
09-09-2007, 09:08 PM

We ought to just shoot them in the head, ****ing phantasm football. It's like a drinking game only stupider.

Thig Lyfe
09-09-2007, 09:53 PM
So, my team...

Randy Moss and TO: 50 points
The rest of them combined: 26 points

Needless to say, I lost.