PDA

View Full Version : 4-12 IF we get lucky

petegz28
09-09-2007, 04:43 PM
Between the dropped passes, bad passes, terrible play calling, missed kicks and the general void of anything that looks like an offense we will be lucky to win 4 games this year.

Once again I think Solari has no idea how to game plan, how to work teams or even how to call a game.

Reerun_KC
09-09-2007, 04:48 PM
Between the dropped passes, bad passes, terrible play calling, missed kicks and the general void of anything that looks like an offense we will be lucky to win 4 games this year.

Once again I think Herm has no idea how to game plan, how to work teams or even how to call a game.

this shit looks just like the same shit he ran in NYJ....

Nothing changed but the color of the jersey's and logo..

Herm is still teh Suck!

Rain Man
09-09-2007, 04:50 PM
Right now, we're on pace for 0-16.

petegz28
09-09-2007, 04:51 PM
I don't understand how we can make a QB like Schaube look all world. I mean damn if we can't stop someone like him we are really ****ed!

Simplex3
09-09-2007, 04:55 PM
I don't understand how we can make a QB like Schaube look all world. I mean damn if we can't stop someone like him we are really ****ed!
Schaub is that good. Atlanta screwed themselves by starting Vick over him.

And yes, we ARE that bad.

ChiefsCountry
09-09-2007, 04:59 PM
Do you and percysnow have to make a new thread for every thing that pops in your head?

petegz28
09-09-2007, 05:04 PM
Do you and percysnow have to make a new thread for every thing that pops in your head?

%(/

FloridaMan88
09-09-2007, 05:05 PM
Goonther and Slowari are the worst offensive/defensive coordinator combination in the NFL... maybe in the entire country if you throw college football in there as well.

DaWolf
09-09-2007, 05:06 PM
Well look at the bright side, we can get a top 3 pick, and be in the running for Cowher or Schottenheimer...

KurtCobain
09-09-2007, 05:11 PM
11-5.

deadcat
09-09-2007, 05:20 PM
Well if they go 4-12 or worst they can get Brogm the Louisville qb,but I dont think they are that smart

Mecca
09-09-2007, 05:22 PM
So what 4 games are they gonna win, this schedule isn't easy.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-09-2007, 05:23 PM
I didn't see Gunther get owned too much today on the coordinating side.

I did see Pollard and Wesley get owned and an overall lack of tackling (again)

Solari once again showed the imagination of a retarded Brontosaurus in his game plan.

Herm made halftime adjustments like you would expect out of Tony Robbins or Jimmy Swaggert.

That's how we roll.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-09-2007, 05:24 PM
So what 4 games are they gonna win, this schedule isn't easy.

We probably beat Oakland at home, Detroit on the road, Green Bay at home, or a fluke victory against either Jax or Tenn.

My 6-10 pick just went to 3-13.

Mecca
09-09-2007, 05:26 PM
I don't think they beat Green Bay their defense is pretty good, they held Philly to 13. I think they can win 1 Oakland game but after that I'm like uhh maybe Tennessee?

This is gonna be a real long ugly year.

ChiefsCountry
09-09-2007, 05:28 PM
Like I said before the Chiefs some how flip some sort of switch at Arrowhead, they become almost like a Super Bowl contender there.

WilliamTheIrish
09-09-2007, 05:30 PM
4-12? Sounds right.

Mecca
09-09-2007, 05:31 PM
Like I said before the Chiefs some how flip some sort of switch at Arrowhead, they become almost like a Super Bowl contender there.

I'm not buying into that this year, this is probably the worst team we've seen in over a decade. Bad teams don't magically win games at home against better teams.

We'll see but I think Minnesota walks in here and takes the Chiefs home opener.

DaKCMan AP
09-09-2007, 05:32 PM
Being in position to draft Brian Brohm or Colt Brennan wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing.

TN_Chief
09-09-2007, 05:33 PM
Well look at the bright side, we can get a top 3 pick, and be in the running for Cowher or Schottenheimer...Exactly why would Cowher want to come here?

Mecca
09-09-2007, 05:33 PM
Being in position to draft Brian Brohm or Colt Brennan wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing.

Go to the other thread where people argue that they'd rather take Jake Long because "LT is more important than QB" I think Willie Roaf has infested peoples brains around here.

Smed1065
09-09-2007, 05:34 PM

I live in Atlanta and know that Schaub was starter material from what I had saw of him. I got flamed when I stated we should look @him a year ago.

DaKCMan AP
09-09-2007, 05:35 PM
Go to the other thread where people argue that they'd rather take Jake Long because "LT is more important than QB" I think Willie Roaf has infested peoples brains around here.
That's insane. There aren't very many Willie Roafs and many "can't miss" tackles (like some top QB picks) don't work out (see Mike Williams, Robert Gallery and Leonard Davis among others).

Our line the way it is now (and it can be improved) would be more than serviceable with a top QB.

evolve27
09-09-2007, 05:37 PM
What the hell happened to DMac during the game, the guy disappeared. I say we still go OT next draft .

Mecca
09-09-2007, 05:38 PM
That's insane. There aren't very many Willie Roafs and many "can't miss" tackles (like some top QB picks) don't work out (see Mike Williams, Robert Gallery and Leonard Davis among others).

Our line the way it is now (and it can be improved) would be more than serviceable with a top QB.

It's in the thread about CBS making fun of the Chiefs, you'll shake your head. I understand LT is important but people are now overvaluing it to ridiculous extents.

DaKCMan AP
09-09-2007, 05:38 PM
Also, I don't want ANYONE from the current Michigan team. Jake Long is overrated.

Hound333
09-09-2007, 05:41 PM
Only if we are very lucky will we win 4. The only game on our schedule that I think is a maybe win would be Oakland twice. I honestly think we only win one of those and maybe one more surprise win somewhere. Maybe Denver at home if I can find tickets for my Dad again. (He's from Denver and has been to 6 Denver/KC games in a row at Arrowhead, all losses)

TN_Chief
09-09-2007, 05:42 PM
IMO line play is 50/50 between physical qualities and time playing together. Simply plugging in a stud rookie doesn't do much...the line has to "gel" together in order to be good. IMO it wasn't Roaf's physical qualities so much as it was that the line had played together forever. Roaf's departure was just the last straw that resulted in a non-cohesive line. So you have to ask yourself if it really makes sense to draft the stud OL player when you're looking at 1-2 years minimum that you have to get him installed in the line and playing consistently with those same guys to make a real difference.

Example: Robert Gallery. He was "can't miss". How did that turn out?

It's a lot harder to find a stud QB, and that guy can make a difference all by himself. Yes, you still need to protect him, but I think picking a QB high has better "upside" than picking OL high.

KCinNY
09-09-2007, 05:43 PM
3-13 baby!!!!!

I'm glad I took Addai over LJ in my fantasy draft.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-09-2007, 05:49 PM

That's bullshit. The can't miss tackles who miss are almost always built like guards, which Williams and Davis were, and Gallery was f'ed up by the Raiders.

DaKCMan AP
09-09-2007, 05:53 PM
That's bullshit. The can't miss tackles who miss are almost always built like guards, which Williams and Davis were, and Gallery was f'ed up by the Raiders.

What part of it is bullshit? The part about QB being more important than LT? The part about there not being too many Willie Roafs? The part about "can't-miss" tackles being busts (for whatever reason)?

ChiefsCountry
09-09-2007, 06:00 PM
I think its more important to have a good line in place before you get a QB. It would be very foolish to get a franchise QB and then kill him behind a crap line.

DaKCMan AP
09-09-2007, 06:02 PM
I think its more important to have a good line in place before you get a QB. It would be very foolish to get a franchise QB and then kill him behind a crap line.

That's where the misconception lies. We don't have a crap line. We're not top-10, but we sure as hell aren't bottom-10 either.

DaKCMan AP
09-09-2007, 06:06 PM
FYI, we had a 4.5 ypc average and all 3 sacks came after we were down 17-0 and in obvious passing situations.