PDA

View Full Version : Our Defense is acutally pretty good....

recxjake
09-09-2007, 06:01 PM
We fixed all of needs on defense for the most part.

I blame todays loss 100% on the offensive line. Did anyone else notice Watters just standing and watching during several plays? Casey is way to small for out kind of system. Damion, John and Turley are average lineman at best.

We need a reciver to step up and an offensvie line.

Alfonso Boone played great... but why didnt Turk and Tank that much?

We should be drafting pretty high next year.... we need a beast left tackle.

Mecca
09-09-2007, 06:03 PM
They were fine until they let Houston roll off that 10 minute drive that basically ended the game.

Direckshun
09-09-2007, 06:05 PM
Honestly, I wouldn't get too high on our defense.

The 10-minute drive the Texans executed in the 4th quarter is their fault. Wilkerson didn't touch Schaub once, despite the fact that he was 1-on-1 all afternoon because the Texans overloaded on Tamba.

Our young safeties look like they're shaping up nicely but they're still going to make those boneheaded plays from time to time against the Andre Johnsons in the league.

All in all, we've definitely improved in quality and quantity on defense, but we've got a bit of a ways to go.

Top 10 defense? Perhaps. But not just yet.

Anubis_Zyklon
09-09-2007, 06:06 PM
We fixed all of needs on defense for the most part.

I blame todays loss 100% on the offensive line. Did anyone else notice Watters just standing and watching during several plays? Casey is way to small for out kind of system. Damion, John and Turley are average lineman at best.

We need a reciver to step up and an offensvie line.

Alfonso Boone played great... but why didnt Turk and Tank that much?

You had to know it would catch up with you sooner or later. Had a great offense like 3-4 years ago with no defense. Now its the opposite.

DaKCMan AP
09-09-2007, 06:08 PM

Are you retarded?

We had a 4.5 ypc average and gave up 3 sacks, all which came AFTER we were down 17-0 and in obvious passing situations. Our O-Line didn't get us into a 17-point hole.

DaFace
09-09-2007, 06:13 PM
Our O-Line didn't get us into a 17-point hole.

Well, no, but 10 of those 17 points came off of turnovers.

Mecca
09-09-2007, 06:14 PM
Are you retarded?

We had a 4.5 ypc average and gave up 3 sacks, all which came AFTER we were down 17-0 and in obvious passing situations. Our O-Line didn't get us into a 17-point hole.

I think people are becoming a bit obsessed about this "we'll never win unless we have the greatest line in the history of the game" type of stuff.

Dunit35
09-09-2007, 06:20 PM
I thought the D did farely well minus the 10 minute 4th quarter drive.

I felt like the OL did a good job today and it seemed like Huard was curling up like a pussy too early. He could've atleast tried to pick up a yard or to instead of immediately giving up and falling down.

The WR's looked like straight shit. Mike Solari is a waste of space and should be fired after the Bears game. Is Damon afraid to throw it downfield or our the WR's just that bad and can't get open? It's going to be a long boring season...I'm excited.

recxjake
09-09-2007, 06:22 PM
I saw no intensity on the online.... if they play well, everyone else does better.

DaKCMan AP
09-09-2007, 06:22 PM
Well, no, but 10 of those 17 points came off of turnovers.

Absolutely, and those aren't the D's fault. I'm just pointing out the ridiculousness of pinning this loss on the O-Line.

munkey
09-09-2007, 06:23 PM
Are you retarded?

Time of possession is the key...

You can't leave the "D" on the field for 2 plus quarters and expect to win...JMO

DaFace
09-09-2007, 06:23 PM
Absolutely, and those aren't the D's fault. I'm just pointing out the ridiculousness of pinning this loss on the O-Line.

Fair enough.

DaKCMan AP
09-09-2007, 06:24 PM
I saw no intensity on the online.... if they play well, everyone else does better.

LMAO So it's the O-Line's lack of intensity that Eddie Drummond and Kris Wilson fumbled and that Andre Johnson stole Bernard Pollard's lunch money.

Mecca
09-09-2007, 06:25 PM
LMAO So it's the O-Line's lack of intensity that Eddie Drummond and Kris Wilson fumbled and that Andre Johnson stole Bernard Pollard's lunch money.
Andre basically raped the whole team all day.....I wonder if people think Wilson actually fumbled now at the time I know everyone didn't but that was extremely borderline.

DaKCMan AP
09-09-2007, 06:25 PM

You can't leave the "D" on the field for 2 plus quarters and expect to win...JMO

The O-Line opened holes for the running game and pass protected well until we were already down 17 points. How do they factor into our lack of TOP?

Are they supposed to block AND catch the ball too? ;)

MGRS13
09-09-2007, 06:26 PM
Who cares how good it is our offense is as bad as our 2003/04 defense, jesus christ we just can't win.

DaKCMan AP
09-09-2007, 06:27 PM
Andre basically raped the whole team all day.....I wonder if people think Wilson actually fumbled now at the time I know everyone didn't but that was extremely borderline.

It was very close and even more difficult to see on the small tv in the sports bar, but either way it's not on the O-Line to make sure Kris holds onto the ball.

kcxiv
09-09-2007, 06:29 PM
They were fine until they let Houston roll off that 10 minute drive that basically ended the game.
First game of the year, by the 4th quarter they were spent. OFfense was a joke that gave the ball right back. We had 1 decent drive all game. That drive was botched because of a rookie kicker. Other drives all ended early.

LOCOChief
09-09-2007, 06:30 PM
I thouht that Huard had sufficient protection he just hangs onto the ball too long. One play he had a decent pocket and ran into the back of Weigman and took the sack (that was pitiful)

Hydrae
09-09-2007, 06:31 PM

We were ahead in TOP and number of first downs 1/2 way into the 3rd quarter. That wasn't the issue today, it was turnovers and not finishing drives.

MGRS13
09-09-2007, 06:33 PM
We were ahead in TOP and number of first downs 1/2 way into the 3rd quarter. That wasn't the issue today, it was turnovers and not finishing drives.It's hard to finish drives when you never really start them.

kcxiv
09-09-2007, 06:33 PM
I thouht that Huard had sufficient protection he just hangs onto the ball too long. One play he had a decent pocket and ran into the back of Weigman and took the sack (that was pitiful)
If Huard does not see his first or 2nd read open, he will not throw the ball and he takes the sack everytime. He is so snail like out there that he cant make a play with his legs at all. I dont once remember him avoiding pressure or making a play with his legs. I remember at one point he was 15-23 for 74 yards. Come on now. lol

munkey
09-09-2007, 06:45 PM
It's hard to finish drives when you never really start them.

:)

munkey
09-09-2007, 06:47 PM
We were ahead in TOP and number of first downs 1/2 way into the 3rd quarter. That wasn't the issue today, it was turnovers and not finishing drives.

Stats please!!!

Zouk
09-09-2007, 06:51 PM
The defense was also playing without its best player today.

siberian khatru
09-09-2007, 06:52 PM
If Huard does not see his first or 2nd read open, he will not throw the ball and he takes the sack everytime. He is so snail like out there that he cant make a play with his legs at all. I dont once remember him avoiding pressure or making a play with his legs. I remember at one point he was 15-23 for 74 yards. Come on now. lol

You play ... to manage ... the game!