PDA

View Full Version : At what point do we call up Phinisee?

Direckshun
09-09-2007, 06:30 PM
It's just the first game, I know. There's plenty of time for him to turn it around.

But Drummond's just not showing much at all. The best return of the day was Benny Sapp's, and it looks like those two are warring for the ball when it comes down. Drummond's fumble was idiotic, and he just looked slow much of the day.

Now, Herm stuck with Dante all season, but I'm thinking he largley did that because he didn't see any viable alternative.

Phinisee showed this team that he is a gifted returner, and I'm wondering how long Drummond has to suck it up before we give Phinisee a call.

Theories?

EyePod
09-09-2007, 06:33 PM
Well, At least we did a better job than the Eagles with the return game. We should pick up Jeremy Bloom (Who they cut). Without Jerremy Bloom there, the one guy fumbled and it was recovered for a touchdown. Then they put someone else there, and he fumbled the last punt of the game, and the Packers were able to get a field goal for the win. Makes me feel better, cause at least we werent' close to winning... i didn't get my hopes up too high...

Direckshun
09-09-2007, 06:34 PM
Absolutely not.

If Drummond does not work out and the Chiefs look elsewhere, there is absoLUTEly no reason to go anywhere other than Phinisee, who broke a great return in each of the first three preseason games.

That's what I'm pulling to happen if Drummond doesn't work out. I'm just wondering how many more games like this we'll have to put up with before it does.

Hydrae
09-09-2007, 06:35 PM
But our coach is the son of his old coach, we will give him lot's of time to figure it out again. It is part of the good ol' boy club we have always run in the front office.

Extra Point
09-09-2007, 06:36 PM
It's just the first game, I know. There's plenty of time for him to turn it around.

But Drummond's just not showing much at all. The best return of the day was Benny Sapp's, and it looks like those two are warring for the ball when it comes down. Drummond's fumble was idiotic, and he just looked slow much of the day.

Now, Herm stuck with Dante all season, but I'm thinking he largley did that because he didn't see any viable alternative.

Phinisee showed this team that he is a gifted returner, and I'm wondering how long Drummond has to suck it up before we give Phinisee a call.

Theories?

My theory is that you're dead on! Well put. Drummond isn't the pick-up that the FO thought he'd be. Funny how Detroit won, today.

Mr. Laz
09-09-2007, 06:45 PM
he never should of been cut

why go veteran at the returner position??

how fuggin retarded

Zouk
09-09-2007, 07:03 PM

how fuggin retarded

Drummond is only 3 years older than Phinisee and has 6 return touchdowns in his career.

This was also his first career fumble according to Yahoo.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/6182/career;_ylt=Avg53x3JdukudD63.YOhPQP.uLYF

Chiefnj2
09-09-2007, 07:05 PM

how fuggin retarded

Because Herm is conservative. Drummond was the "safer" choice.

Mr. Laz
09-09-2007, 07:06 PM
Drummond is only 3 years older than Phinisee and has 6 return touchdowns in his career.

This was also his first career fumble according to Yahoo.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/6182/career;_ylt=Avg53x3JdukudD63.YOhPQP.uLYF
3 years is quite a bit in NFL years .... especially for a returner who have pretty freakin short shelf lives.

sooner or later the returner grow up and stop wanting to do suicide for a living. The stop hitting it hard and they are done.

you need young, fast and crazy back there.

morphius
09-09-2007, 07:29 PM
Other then the fumble Drummond did pretty well I thought. Benny Sapp taking a couple of the kickoffs didn't really help matters much, but the play where he split the gunners was pretty good.

Thig Lyfe
09-09-2007, 07:37 PM
Can Sippio play KR?

The Bad Guy
09-09-2007, 07:50 PM
There is a massive shortage of return men in the NFL and Phinisee never got a sniff from anyone.If we want him later in the season, we should have no problem getting him.

unlurking
09-09-2007, 08:11 PM
Other then the fumble Drummond did pretty well I thought. Benny Sapp taking a couple of the kickoffs didn't really help matters much, but the play where he split the gunners was pretty good.
Yeah, I didn't think he looked to bad actually.

RealSNR
09-09-2007, 08:14 PM
How about never?

Drummond will probably never fumble it for the rest of the season.

He's also a gun on special teams coverage. He had that brilliant single-man shoe-string tackle on Jacoby Jones today.

At this point he's more valuable to the team than Phinisee.