PDA

View Full Version : The 2 things that bother me most

Mr. Laz
09-09-2007, 07:29 PM
1. we didn't seem to be playing with much passion and intensity.

without that we are always gonna struggle

2. win/lose or draw i just don't see a direction for this team. what are we trying to do? we aren't rebuilding ... the NFL has pretty much pass by this martyball-esque crap we are trying on offense.

:shrug:

i would have HOPE if i could see a direction for success ..... but i don't.

Demonpenz
09-09-2007, 07:30 PM
it wasn't a physical game really. Most of the chiefs didn't even looked like they worked up a sweat

Mr. Plow
09-09-2007, 07:40 PM
The 2 things that bothered me most....

1. Putting myself through watching the game.

2. Drinking so much the night before that I couldn't drink enough to forget this game.

Valiant
09-09-2007, 07:43 PM

2. win/lose or draw i just don't see a direction for this team. what are we trying to do. we aren't rebuilding ... the NFL has pretty pass by this martyball-esque crap we are trying on offense.

This is worse then martyball..

Fishpicker
09-09-2007, 07:52 PM
I agree. The urgency wasn't there. When we finally showed a spark it was too late and a pick came soon after.

munkey
09-09-2007, 07:54 PM
When we finally showed a spark it was too late and a pick came soon after.

What "spark" are you referring to? I so no spark...just a "shimmer" in the first series.

stumppy
09-09-2007, 07:56 PM
It looked to me like most of these guys were WAITING for something to happen instead of trying to make it happen.

siberian khatru
09-09-2007, 07:58 PM
It seems like Herm wants the game to come to him. Just sit around, wait for things to happen, hope to pull out a close win. He seems to be afraid to make things happen -- because you might make a mistake that benefits the other team.

It's like he's the Woody Hayes of the 21st century -- grumbling about "only 3 things can happen when you pass the ball, and two of them are bad."

Simplex3
09-09-2007, 08:02 PM
Your second point is the one that's killing me.

AZChief
09-09-2007, 08:06 PM
i agree with both of your points...esp. number 2. this team lacks a plan and direction.

munkey
09-09-2007, 08:06 PM
This is worse then martyball..

Agree'd...At least there was a commitment to run and run it they did.

stevieray
09-09-2007, 08:09 PM
Your second point is the one that's killing me.

me too..but what can you expect when your starting RB doesn't have any time in camp or preseason, almost the same with the LT, and you don't even name your starting QB until a week before the season starts...Huard better step up and lead.

:(

Deberg_1990
09-09-2007, 08:19 PM
Like Whitlock said, this whole organization needs a complete bath from the top down. Same as 1989. Sounds awful to say, but i hope we tank to give Clark extra incentive to do it after this year. I have a feeling this is going to be a wasted year. Flame Away....

Skip Towne
09-09-2007, 08:20 PM
It seems like Herm wants the game to come to him. Just sit around, wait for things to happen, hope to pull out a close win. He seems to be afraid to make things happen -- because you might make a mistake that benefits the other team.

It's like he's the Woody Hayes of the 21st century -- grumbling about "only 3 things can happen when you pass the ball, and two of them are bad."
Woody Hayes didn't say that. Darrell Royal did. Ask Baby Lee for confirmation.

el borracho
09-09-2007, 08:40 PM
1. the offense
2. the special teams

DaneMcCloud
09-09-2007, 08:42 PM
2. we aren't rebuilding ...

How is 20 new roster spots and 8 new practice squad players NOT rebuilding? Would you be happier if they would have release EVERY existing Chief on the roster?

Zouk
09-09-2007, 08:44 PM
Like Whitlock said, this whole organization needs a complete bath from the top down. Same as 1989. Sounds awful to say, but i hope we tank to give Clark extra incentive to do it after this year. I have a feeling this is going to be a wasted year. Flame Away....

The rebuilding process is underway. Croyle and Bowe will be starting before the end of the year. Give it one more offseason to be complete.

Mecca
09-09-2007, 08:44 PM
The majority of the starters are still over 30....that really isn't rebuilding.

DaneMcCloud
09-09-2007, 08:47 PM
The majority of the starters are still over 30....that really isn't rebuilding.

So where were the Chiefs going to find five new under-30 offensive line in one offseason?

There has to be a transition period and THIS IS IT.

It's going to be a long season but I'm prepared, especially considering the Chiefs have like 11 draft choices next year and they could be picking in the top 5 in every round. That will go a LONG way to speed the rebuilding effort.

the Talking Can
09-09-2007, 08:49 PM

agree with both points, but especially the first...I was listening to the radio, so hard to judge, but was our offense displaying any fire? was our D killing anyone?

the Colts D, the Bears D, the Chargers D....these guys were playing like it was the superbowl...flying around, head hunting....were we?

we had this problem on one side of the ball or the other for awhile, I can figure it out...I never feel like our team lives and dies on the field...

DaneMcCloud
09-09-2007, 08:52 PM
agree with both points, but especially the first...I was listening to the radio, so hard to judge, but was our offense displaying any fire? was our D killing anyone?

You didn't even WATCH the game?

I take you even less seriously than before.

Bitch away...

Logical
09-09-2007, 08:53 PM
This is worse then martyball..I agree, with Martyball I felt like we had a real defense that played with passion and fire.

Mecca
09-09-2007, 08:53 PM
The Chiefs entire team looked pretty flat, they're still for the most part a flat emotionless team that looks like they don't care most of the time.

Mr. Laz
09-09-2007, 08:54 PM
How is 20 new roster spots and 8 new practice squad players NOT rebuilding? Would you be happier if they would have release EVERY existing Chief on the roster?
how many of those new players are starters?

QB - same
RB - same
FB - same
WRx2 - same
Oline - 1 new veteran pickup

Dline - 1 new veteran (2 new young DT's into rotation)
Linebacker - 2 new veterans
safety - 1 new young starter (2nd year with team)
cornerback - same

punter - same
kicker - 1 new young starter

the only place we actually went young is at DT where we added the 2 young guys into rotation and 1 safety position.

Logical

Bitch away...I am not sure he lives somewhere he can get the game and he as I recall does not have Sunday Ticket.

Direckshun
2. win/lose or draw i just don't see a direction for this team. what are we trying to do? we aren't rebuilding ... the NFL has pretty much pass by this martyball-esque crap we are trying on offense.

You and I both.

the Talking Can
09-09-2007, 08:55 PM

Bitch away...

no one gives a flying **** what you think, so take your sore vagina, Damon Huard, and Hermball, and beat it...

the Talking Can
09-09-2007, 08:56 PM
I am not sure he lives somewhere he can get the game and he as I recall does not have Sunday Ticket.

apparently I missed all of Huards TD passes by listening to the radio....

DaneMcCloud
09-09-2007, 08:57 PM
how many of those new players are starters?

QB - same
RB - same
FB - same
WRx2 - same
Oline - 1 new veteran pickup

Dline - 1 new veteran (2 new young DT's into rotation)
Linebacker - 2 new veterans
safety - 1 new young starter (2nd year with team)
cornerback - same

punter - same
kicker - 1 new young starter

the only place we actually went young is at DT where we added the 2 young guys into rotation and 1 safety position.

So you're advocating that we toss the 4th year FB/HB, the 4th year reciever, the new young LBer, the young safties, the 3rd year punter and the new kicker?

You DO understand that these guys are the future, right? All of the pieces of the puzzle can't be added immediately, right?

The Chiefs will probably add at least two young offensive lineman as starters next year, along with the possibility of a QB and young receiver.

This can't all happen overnight and it sure looks to ME like there's a plan in place (for maybe the first time, EVER).

Logical
09-09-2007, 08:58 PM
Woody Hayes didn't say that. Darrell Royal did. Ask Baby Lee for confirmation.
I will confirm your statement Mike. Woody Hayes was famous for his 3 plays and a cloud of dust offense though. So not a huge difference.

el borracho
The Chiefs entire team looked pretty flat, they're still for the most part a flat emotionless team that looks like they don't care most of the time.
This is at least partially the result of not playing the starters together in the preseason.

DaneMcCloud
no one gives a flying **** what you think, so take your sore vagina, Damon Huard, and Hermball, and beat it...

Thanks. I think you've got it wrong, AssCan. YOU seem to have the sore vagina. Or are just a Bitch?

Thanks for playing.

the Talking Can
09-09-2007, 08:59 PM

that's only on the radio, on TV they were fired up and won by 14...

Mecca
09-09-2007, 09:04 PM
Here's an example, Brian Waters is a damn good player but I don't think he should ever be a leader. He's basically to intelligent to fire anyone up. He's basically emotionless and thinks things through, he's not a great emotional leader.

Plus he doesn't exactly play a position where he can carry the team to victory like a Manning can.

Mr. Laz
09-09-2007, 09:07 PM
All of the pieces of the puzzle can't be added immediately, right?.
what do you think rebuilding is?

it's ripping the bandaid off quickly ... it's doing it all at once so you suck really bad now, but then can improve.

guess what ...... next year we are going to have to replace our cornerbacks and Quarterback. The year after our Oline is gonna be shot again. Donnie Edward ... gone, larry johnson ..... gone.

when you rebuild, you don't do it slow and you don't do it half-assed.

this isn't rebuilding ... this is just sucking.

the Talking Can
09-09-2007, 09:08 PM

it's ripping the bandaid off quickly ... it's doing it all at once so you suck really bad now, but then can improve.

guess what ...... next year we are going to have to replace our cornerbacks and Quarterback. The year after our Oline is gonna be shot again. Donnie Edward ... gone, larry johnson ..... gone.

well said

half measures won't cut it

Zouk
09-09-2007, 09:11 PM

Can you give an example or two of what you are referring to in the modern salary-cap era NFL?

Logical
09-09-2007, 09:13 PM
So you're advocating that we toss the 4th year FB/HB, the 4th year reciever, the new young LBer, the young safties, the 3rd year punter and the new kicker?

You DO understand that these guys are the future, right? All of the pieces of the puzzle can't be added immediately, right?

The Chiefs will probably add at least two young offensive lineman as starters next year, along with the possibility of a QB and young receiver.

This can't all happen overnight and it sure looks to ME like there's a plan in place (for maybe the first time, EVER).

Lets see we had a young T who played pretty well today (for the opponent) who we lost patience on who could be our RT.

The Bears have a guy who will still be relatively young that could have moved to RT then transitioned to LT when Roaf retired.

We have a young QB sitting on the bench.

But due to Carl and Herm none of those things are true for this team and we see the ineppitude as a result.

KCChiefsFan88
09-09-2007, 09:22 PM
The Chiefs today looked like the Jets did 2 years ago when the Chiefs dismantled them on the opening game of the season. No passion, no urgency, etc.

The common theme was Herm

EyePod
09-09-2007, 10:03 PM
I can say that we must really rely on John McGraw. Our Special teams were really really special today. Apparently, no one elseon the team knew that they weren't supposed to miss field goals and fumble returns. If McGraw were there, he would have reminded them....

*McGraw for President!!!*

*Jared Allen for VP* (Someone needs to bring the beer)

EyePod
09-09-2007, 10:05 PM
Lets see we had a young T who played pretty well today (for the opponent) who we lost patience on who could be our RT.

The Bears have a guy who will still be relatively young that could have moved to RT then transitioned to LT when Roaf retired.

But due to Carl and Herm none of those things are true for this team and we see the ineppitude as a result.

Look, we get your point, but PLEASE spell things right, especially when you calling other people inept... it'll really strengthen your argument...

DaneMcCloud
09-09-2007, 10:23 PM

You're an idiot
well said

half measures won't cut it

So are you.

The Chiefs can't have 100% turnover on their roster. They're rebuilding as quickly as possible but it will take at least one more offseason to make the transition.

I fully expect there to be only one starter (maybe two) on offensive line that will start in 2008. The receiving core is being re-made. The defensive backfield will be different in 2008 (at least one new CB).

And the starting QB in 2008 won't be the same guy that started in 2007.

It all can't happen overnight.

DaneMcCloud
09-09-2007, 10:24 PM
The Chiefs today looked like the Jets did 2 years ago when the Chiefs dismantled them on the opening game of the season. No passion, no urgency, etc.

Yeah and the common theme with you is that you're a negative jackass. And a moron.

Oh, and Miami SUCKS.

Nice game on Saturday. You must be proud to wear the orange and green! :rolleyes:

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-09-2007, 10:26 PM

When 2-a-days consists of watercolors and posterboard, WTF do you expect?

DaneMcCloud
09-09-2007, 10:27 PM

COME ON!

You're advocating that the Chiefs should have kept Jordan Black? Seriously? Whether or not the guy becomes a serviceable NFL lineman, his playing days should have ended in KC when they did. He was DONE in KC.

Tait received $14 million upfront from the Chiefs. Do you think the Chiefs should have matched that at the time, especially with the "poison pill" clause? That's ludicrous.

Herm had NOTHING to do with Tait leaving and Jordan Black played his way out of town.

You're gonna have to do better than that...

SithCeNtZ
09-09-2007, 11:10 PM
I don't think the people saying we aren't rebuilding are talking strictly about age. Even looking at our young guys, we don't really have anyone to build around. Guys like Hali and DJ are nice players, but they aren't really FRANCHISE guys. They aren't busts, but they certainly don't appear to be perrenial pro bowlers. Neither side of the ball has any clear direction as to who will lead them.

I think that is why most people are in favor of drafting a QB in next years draft over a Oline position assuming croyle doesn't pan out. A QB is more than just a single player on the field, he is the face of the franchise, a guy you build around. We lack that guy on our team and I think that is why people think we lack direction.

RedThat
09-09-2007, 11:58 PM

We almost NEVER......EVER...play with passion on the road. But at home it's a different story.

What I saw today was the same KC teams that we see play on the road in the past. Just plain simple flat.

Now we don't play at home till week 3, I anticipate we will be a different team at home. The Chiefs are good at home. Totally different team at home, but on the road teh suck. It's almost like Jekyl and hyde.

I hate to sound like a pessimist, but I do see a bad direction for this team on offense.

I hate this stupid ball controlling style of offense that Herm has brought to the team. IT HAS TO GO! OMG, it is tough to watch! These stupid runs up the middle, these stupid little short slants, stupid frickn swing passes. Yup, it's all part of Herms plan. Utilize the short part of the field, take off as much time off the clock as possible, and try to move the ball methodically.

I have no problem with this because it's part of football and many teams do that. But what frustrates me, is, we as a team are relying on these kinds of plays constantly. And what's even worse is were SUCK at executing. The blocking is bad, and the WR's are dropping passes.

*If the execution is good. Automatically we'd have a better offense.

*I never see this team mix it up, and take chances down the field. I have to say Im not impressed with this game.

The worst thing though, is we have no creativity on offense. That is what's painful to watch. Hate to say it, HERM IS CONSERVATIVO NUMERO UNO.

patteeu
09-10-2007, 06:25 AM
We almost NEVER......EVER...play with passion on the road. But at home it's a different story.

What I saw today was the same KC teams that we see play on the road in the past. Just plain simple flat.

Now we don't play at home till week 3, I anticipate we will be a different team at home. The Chiefs are good at home. Totally different team at home, but on the road teh suck. It's almost like Jekyl and hyde.

I think that's a pretty good point and I would agree with you, but... this year I'm afraid that the pessimism of the fans is going to make playing at home less of an advantage than it's been in past years. I've never seen this place so ready to throw in the towel after the first game.

KCChiefsFan88
09-10-2007, 08:29 AM
Yeah and the common theme with you is that you're a negative jackass. And a moron.

Oh, and Miami SUCKS.

Nice game on Saturday. You must be proud to wear the orange and green! :rolleyes:

I'm amazed at your ability to type AND have your tongue all over Herm and Carl's behinds all at the same time.

Chiefnj2
09-10-2007, 08:36 AM
People are surprised the Chiefs lack emotion?

Look at who the captains are. An OG and two new players.

Skip Towne
09-10-2007, 08:51 AM
I will confirm your statement Mike. Woody Hayes was famous for his 3 plays and a cloud of dust offense though. So not a huge difference.
Woody Hayes is generally given credit for saying that. That is the way I remember it at least.

Bugeater
09-10-2007, 08:56 AM
I think that's a pretty good point and I would agree with you, but... this year I'm afraid that the pessimism of the fans is going to make playing at home less of an advantage than it's been in past years. I've never seen this place so ready to throw in the towel after the first game.
Who has thrown in the towel already? :shrug:

DaneMcCloud
09-10-2007, 09:17 AM
I'm amazed at your ability to type AND have your tongue all over Herm and Carl's behinds all at the same time.

Hey, thanks! Chicks dig it, too.

Randy Shannon is teh sh*t! :rolleyes:

htismaqe
09-10-2007, 09:46 AM
Lenny was on 810 this morning and he said the same thing, especially about Huard.

It's really funny - the people that wanted Huard talked about how "fiery" he was and how he was quick to help the WR's and other players on offense understand what went wrong and how to fix it.

Yesterday, he just STOOD THERE, shaking his head.

NO LEADERSHIP.

Yeah, this was really worth it.

Mr. Laz
09-10-2007, 09:56 AM
Lenny was on 810 this morning and he said the same thing, especially about Huard.

It's really funny - the people that wanted Huard talked about how "fiery" he was and how he was quick to help the WR's and other players on offense understand what went wrong and how to fix it.

NO LEADERSHIP.

len dawson is an idiot /dane

beach tribe
09-10-2007, 10:25 AM
You've made two great points.

Hopefully the first can be taken care of.

As for the second.........it's hard to think about.

DaneMcCloud
09-10-2007, 10:30 AM
Laz is an idiot /dane

DaneMcCloud
09-10-2007, 10:35 AM

NO LEADERSHIP.

So...

What IF Croyle is WORSE? Do you throw away the entire season, flip-flop between QB's all year and totally lose your football team when it's clearly in transition?

Obviously, there are many younger players on this roster that need stability. Players that will be here for many years. Then there are players who won't.

In the interest of building a team long-term, would you want to play for a coach who's constantly changing his mind and direction of the team, or would you want to play for a guy who's solid in his conviction?

Flip-flopping on QB's isn't the solution. If Damon Huard plays himself out of a job (much like Trent Green was allowed to do last year), so be it. But IF that happens, you shouldn't MAGICALLY expect Croyle to be the long-term solution.