PDA

View Full Version : Perhaps its entrenched in another thread but..

BigVE
09-09-2007, 07:58 PM
Mason Crosby was 3 for 3 today for the Packers. I'm still trying to figure out what our guys saw in Medlock that made them take him over Crosby when all other "experts" had Crosby as the highest rated kicker. Wow.

Basileus777
09-09-2007, 07:59 PM
Its also worth noting that Crosby was forced to compete for his spot as the starting kicker, it wasn't just handed to him.

But yeah, it looks like Carl screwed up by drafting Medlock.

DaKCMan AP
09-09-2007, 08:03 PM
Medlock outshined and outkicked Crosby at the combine at at some other kicking competitions. It wasn't like Crosby was kicking all-world and they took Medlock just because. Whether it was the right choice or not I think will be seen over the course of this year and possibly next.

tk13
09-09-2007, 08:05 PM
Some people were concerned that Crosby kicked a lot at altitude, his numbers might be inflated.

Plus, they went head-to-head in a FG kicking competition, and Medlock whipped him. I'll admit I was pretty impressed by that. It's been disappointing.

el borracho
09-09-2007, 08:09 PM
There was also concern about Crosby's mechanics- his kicks were supposedly low/ line drive types that would be more likely to be blocked.

There is still a long way to go before declaring Medlock a bust but the early indications are that we would have been better served retaining Tynes and drafting some other position.

BigVE
09-09-2007, 08:10 PM
Kicking has alot to do with your MENTAL capacity as well as your leg. Right now Medlock is toast mentally, we will see whether he will recover soon or whether they just bring in a new guy and forget about "developing" him. Crosby looked sharp and tough.

ChiefsCountry
09-09-2007, 08:10 PM
Draft Time Info
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=161566

BigVE
09-09-2007, 08:12 PM
It's simple: He was a UCLA guy. Period.

ChiefsCountry
09-09-2007, 08:14 PM

He kicked Crosby's ass at the combine, regular season, and at postseason competion.

DaKCMan AP
09-09-2007, 08:15 PM

If you're that thick-headed about it, why even start the thread?

BigVE
09-09-2007, 08:19 PM
If you're that thick-headed about it, why even start the thread?
WTF is the difference? Even if he had made that kick today and ALL his kicks in pre-season we would still suck.

el borracho
09-09-2007, 08:28 PM
WTF is the difference? Even if he had made that kick today and ALL his kicks in pre-season we would still suck.
The difference will be whether or not we need to replace him at the end of the season and draft another kicker. The difference will be that gochiefs and I and whoever else was happy with Tynes will be pissed off if we traded away an acceptable kicker away to draft a bum.

doomy3
09-09-2007, 08:32 PM
Yep, it's in a few other threads.

unlurking
09-09-2007, 08:38 PM
The difference will be whether or not we need to replace him at the end of the season and draft another kicker. The difference will be that gochiefs and I and whoever else was happy with Tynes will be pissed off if we traded away an acceptable kicker away to draft a bum.
I was not happy with Tynes, but wasting a pick on somebody who is arguable worse is painful. Not even making him compete (while talking about how EVERYONE has to compete) was completely unacceptable.

BigRock
09-09-2007, 08:40 PM
Nobody who criticizes the pick seems to remember this for some reason, but the Chiefs weren't the only team who took a kicker and passed on Crosby.

Bill Lundberg
09-09-2007, 08:42 PM
http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=169623