PDA

View Full Version : Russell and Oakland

chappy
09-11-2007, 04:29 PM
So now that Oakland has signed Russell? Will they start him right away or ease him in?

Deberg_1990
09-11-2007, 04:30 PM
They wont start him this year. Its pretty much a wasted year for him.

JBucc
09-11-2007, 04:30 PM
He probably won't play this year.

Demonpenz
09-11-2007, 04:34 PM
they will start him all this year to gain experience that is what teams with more than 1 superbowl do.

Megbert
09-11-2007, 05:08 PM
Nah he won't start this year. Al will want to use some noodle armed backup instead of developing a young QB.

oops, wrong team.

Ugly Duck
09-11-2007, 08:48 PM
Naw... they never expected to play Russell this year. Too much work to do with the new Bronco-style knee-busting zone block scheme. After the team learns Denver ankle-hunting, they'll bring in Russell and Michael Bush next season. This season is for entertainment purposes only.

Eleazar
09-11-2007, 08:59 PM
This season is for entertainment purposes only.

Yet another dismal failure.

orange
09-11-2007, 09:05 PM
Naw... they never expected to play Russell this year. Too much work to do with the new Bronco-style knee-busting zone block scheme. After the team learns Denver ankle-hunting, they'll bring in Russell and Michael Bush next season. This season is for entertainment purposes only.

Raiders' GM to Information Director: "We've got JaMarcus signed! Release this to the press immediately! I'll notify the league office."

AP "In a stunning move, the Oakland Raiders have released number one draft pick JaMarcus Russell of LSU. Russell joins third-round pick Quentin Moses as Oakland first-day draft pick disappointments on the waiver wire."

OctoberFart
09-11-2007, 09:28 PM

All these queef fans here kept saying Oakland wouldn't sign him but he isn't stupid enough to cost himself that much money by going back into the draft.

Rain Man
09-11-2007, 09:35 PM
Does everyone remember where they were when the Raiders became a laughingstock?

Tactical Funky
09-11-2007, 09:39 PM
Everywhere? :shrug:

Zeke Ziggle
09-11-2007, 09:43 PM

i was sleeping on the couch. i had a dream that the raiders won the superbowl when i woke up laughing thats when i knew.

Ugly Duck
09-11-2007, 09:46 PM
Yet another dismal failure.

Yes... but a major rebuild instead of a minor reload. We'll be an NFL-caliber team again next year. Will you?

blueballs
09-11-2007, 09:48 PM
did they just sign Jane Russell
win one for the gipper - Al Davis

88TG88
09-11-2007, 09:49 PM
I heard he weighed in at 280

blueballs
09-11-2007, 09:52 PM
smoked up all the weed
choked down at Buger King

Ugly Duck
09-11-2007, 10:01 PM
He probably won't play this year.

Here's a funny part of the contract that Russell's genious agents signed... For Russell to collect his full bonus in 2010, he has to take 35% of the snaps this year. You think Al Davis is going to give Russell enough snaps this season to let the bonus money max out? Nope. All Big Al has to do is prevent the kid from getting 35% of this years snaps to slash down the bonus money by 3 mil.

blueballs
09-11-2007, 10:06 PM
McClown already has a cracked finger and a bad foot
Culpeper is an injury waiting to happen
and with your o-line

Ugly Duck
09-11-2007, 10:38 PM
and with your o-line

Hey... our O-line played way better than they did last year. Our offense is in the top ten in yards, points, passing, 1st down percentage, TOP & plays from scrimmage. Not anywhere near as bad as last year.

Zeke Ziggle
09-11-2007, 10:43 PM
Hey... our O-line played way better than they did last year. Our offense is in the top ten in yards, points, passing, 1st down percentage, TOP & plays from scrimmage. Not anywhere near as bad as last year.

After one game.
Against the lions.

OctoberFart
09-12-2007, 01:33 AM
i was sleeping on the couch. i had a dream that the raiders won the superbowl when i woke up laughing thats when i knew.

At least you have seen the Raiders in the SB. In fact whether you want to admit it or not KC is the laughing stock of the AFC west and hasn't been to a superbowl in how many years? Even San Diego and Seattle(OLD AFC WEST BOTTOMFEEDER) has been to the big game but has KC?

SPchief
09-12-2007, 03:16 AM
Here's a funny part of the contract that Russell's genious agents signed... For Russell to collect his full bonus in 2010, he has to take 35% of the snaps this year. You think Al Davis is going to give Russell enough snaps this season to let the bonus money max out? Nope. All Big Al has to do is prevent the kid from getting 35% of this years snaps to slash down the bonus money by 3 mil.

Good job Al for saving $3 mil on a $30 mil signing bonus for a guy who will maybe play this year. Thats a steal for the #1 draft pick.

Zeke Ziggle
09-12-2007, 03:51 AM
At least you have seen the Raiders in the SB. In fact whether you want to admit it or not KC is the laughing stock of the AFC west and hasn't been to a superbowl in how many years? Even San Diego and Seattle(OLD AFC WEST BOTTOMFEEDER) has been to the big game but has KC?

Thats not fair the only time i have seen the raiders in a bowl they were getting blown out by brad johnson. Since then my memories are hazy but how have things been going. Im not sure I would be calling any team anywhere a laughing stock after last year.

ROYC75
09-12-2007, 08:00 AM

Damn Duck, get it right would ya ? Chokeland has been quality entertainment for years, I mean, that's funny right there , I don't care who you are.

kcchiefsus
09-12-2007, 08:54 AM

WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!

Raiders | Russell contract update
Wed, 12 Sep 2007 07:21:55 -0700

Updating previous items, The Associated Press reports Oakland Raiders QB JaMarcus Russell's six-year, $61 million contract includes $29 million in guaranteed money and another $3 million if he reaches minimal playing time incentives. Russell would earn the $3 million bonus in 2010 if he takes 35 percent of the team's snaps this season, 45 percent in 2008 or 50 percent in 2009. If Russell were to hit all the incentives in the deal, it would be worth $68 million.

Notice the word "or". He does not have to take 35% of the snaps this year. If he reaches the playing time requirement of 45% in 2008 or 50% in 2009 then he is getting that $3 million.

Let's be real. Russell and his agents would not have even bothered including a $3 million bonus in the contract that requred him to play 35% of the snaps this year. They know just as well as anybody that was not going to happen.

Sorry to burst your bubble but your wrong.

beach tribe
09-12-2007, 12:58 PM
I would rather not go, than to go, and get and get HUMILIATED by my former coach

kaplin42
09-12-2007, 01:37 PM
What I find horrible in this whole debacle is the actual contract. Yes it's incentive laden and all that. But we are talking about a rookie, who has never, not even in practice put a foot on the damn field, and he is now top 10 paid QB or close to it. What about some of the veteran QB's out there? Big Bens contract is up in a year or two, and he has a SB ring on his finger, how much is he gonna get paid?

What if the Chiefs do end up picking top 5 next april and they take a QB, what insane amount of money are they gonna have to pay him? This type of rookie hold out and pay day needs to stop, it doesn't benefit anyone. If I was veteran player, I would be in Upshaws face all day about doing something about this.

Rasputin
09-12-2007, 01:46 PM
I bet JR plays before Croyle because King Carl is a dip sh__.

We need to get our QBOTF on the field ASAP, just to stay competitive for the next several years in our own division.

Rivers, Cutler, Russell, Croyle? One of these guys is going to win a SP within 5 years I predict. Could be Rivers this year? I pray to God that it won't be Cutler or Russell but it won't hurt my fealings if Rivers wins a SB. I pray even more that Croyle is the guy to lead the Chiefs to a SB victory.

kepp
09-12-2007, 02:00 PM
After one game.
Against the lions.
Not that I disagree with the overall point, but we're not ones to be able to talk about our o-line after playing one game against a weak opponent. :)

Zeke Ziggle
09-12-2007, 02:05 PM
Not that I disagree with the overall point, but we're not ones to be able to talk about our o-line after playing one game against a weak opponent. :)

Im not saying we weren't terrible, we were but saying that your offense leads the league after playing a mediocre defense doesn't mean anything

OctoberFart
09-12-2007, 05:05 PM
I would rather not go, than to go, and get and get HUMILIATED by my former coach

Yeah right, I bet if you went back that far you fools here would be well at least Oakland has played in the SB. Winning and playoffs don't go with the words Kansas City.

Simply Red
09-12-2007, 05:09 PM
Yeah right, I bet if you went back that far you fools here would be well at least Oakland has played in the SB. Winning and playoffs don't go with the words Kansas City.
You are a great poster.

Mecca
09-12-2007, 05:11 PM
Well is that a dick thing to say sure, but in principle it's right....

blueballs
09-12-2007, 05:18 PM

If the gerbill don't do it for you any more
please try a porcupine

Skip Towne
09-12-2007, 05:26 PM
This dick has absolutely no room to throw stones at ANYBODY. His team was dead last in 2006. Alligator mouth - canary ass.

Adept Havelock
09-12-2007, 06:09 PM

Which time? This time?