PDA

View Full Version : Salt Water...the key to energy indpendence?

Fat Elvis
09-11-2007, 10:47 PM
http://green.yahoo.com/index.php?q=node/1570

This is something that can actually revolutionize the world.....

a1na2
09-11-2007, 10:49 PM
http://green.yahoo.com/index.php?q=node/1570

This is something that can actually revolutionize the world.....

I almost caused an older gentleman to vapor lock when I made a pot of coffee with salt water on one of my ships. He wasn't impressed at all and I was never required to make coffee again!

a1na2
09-11-2007, 10:52 PM
Can you imagine what an RF generator would do to police radar guns if they put these in cars?

If this technology can be used I would have to ask if the energy used to create the radio frequency would actually take more than could be generated by the flame that you would be sustaining.

stumppy
09-12-2007, 01:28 AM
Holy Crap.
Being able to release hydrogen from saltwater with a radio frequency is....well, I'm at a loss for words. But, like you said FE, it could revolutionize the world. Not that I know much about this but I would think you could generate a radio frequency with a minimal amount of power. I can't wait to see how this pans out.

Valiant
09-12-2007, 01:55 AM
Thats cool, but what are the effects after the burn.. We cannot have them dump the excess on land or in the water because it would kill everything..

Troy1220
09-12-2007, 03:31 AM
I just invested in a company that uses radio frequencies to extract gold and platinum from discarded ore...the stuff that the mine hauls away. There is precious metals in the ore, but it's in such small amounts that they could not be extracted. Radio frequencies are powerful.

Delano
09-12-2007, 07:37 AM
Thats cool, but what are the effects after the burn.. We cannot have them dump the excess on land or in the water because it would kill everything..

Sell it to movie theatres for their popcorn machines.

mrbiggz
09-12-2007, 07:48 AM
You all should check out http://blog.waterforfuel.com/
Basically, the idea is to make hydrogen on demand through Electrolysis and feed the gas through the air intake. I've been following for several months now and am about to dive in to make a cell myself.

Check out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fc3mUwx8BAw
too for mileage gains

crazycoffey
09-12-2007, 07:53 AM
Very cool. It is amazing how simple it is. Makes you wonder what other things science has yet to discover.

The world is an amazing place, too amazing to be random, it's stories like this that reaffirm my belief there has to be a supreme creator.

Sorry, I just opened the door for Dr. Doom, didn't I. But I felt the need to say it. Amazing, amazing world.....

Radar Chief
09-12-2007, 08:01 AM
Radio frequencies are powerful.

Tell me about it. ;)

Radar Chief
09-12-2007, 08:10 AM
Holy Crap.
Being able to release hydrogen from saltwater with a radio frequency is....well, I'm at a loss for words. But, like you said FE, it could revolutionize the world. Not that I know much about this but I would think you could generate a radio frequency with a minimal amount of power. I can't wait to see how this pans out.

It depends on the amount of output needed. I’m currently working with radar that only outputs uW (micro-watts) of power and those modules only require milliamps worth of current to transmit.
The radar I worked on in the Army was completely different thought, output in the several hundred to a couple thousand Watts with high voltage and current to run the Klystron / Magnatron.
I have no idea what their frequency is, or the power output, so I don’t even have an educated guess at this just yet. It’ll be interesting to see what develops though.

stumppy
09-12-2007, 09:18 AM
It depends on the amount of output needed. I’m currently working with radar that only outputs uW (micro-watts) of power and those modules only require milliamps worth of current to transmit.
The radar I worked on in the Army was completely different thought, output in the several hundred to a couple thousand Watts with high voltage and current to run the Klystron / Magnatron.
I have no idea what their frequency is, or the power output, so I don’t even have an educated guess at this just yet. It’ll be interesting to see what develops though.

I'm hoping the process has more to do with what frequency it is as opposed to how much power they are using to generate it.

boogblaster
09-12-2007, 09:26 AM
Burnt salt-water can cause vaginal-blistering ....

crazycoffey
09-12-2007, 09:28 AM
Burnt salt-water can cause vaginal-blistering ....

Maybe try applying the heat when the water is outside of any bodily orifices....

Pitt Gorilla
09-12-2007, 09:41 AM
That is awesome. Cancer research could provide the key to energy independence.

FAX
09-12-2007, 09:45 AM
Great.

We could use some blazing oceans right about now.

FAX

Dave Lane
09-12-2007, 09:54 AM
I just invested in a company that uses radio frequencies to extract gold and platinum from discarded ore...the stuff that the mine hauls away. There is precious metals in the ore, but it's in such small amounts that they could not be extracted. Radio frequencies are powerful.

Ask your microwave...

Dave

Radar Chief
09-12-2007, 10:04 AM
I'm hoping the process has more to do with what frequency it is as opposed to how much power they are using to generate it.

Agreed.

Fire Me Boy!
09-12-2007, 10:16 AM
I have no idea about it being the key to energy independence. I do, however, know it is the key to good taffy.

Ugly Duck
09-12-2007, 11:24 AM
Great.

We could use some blazing oceans right about now.

FAX

You're so right.... we just gotta hope Bin Laden doesn't frequent PanicPlanet. He might just point an RF generator at the Pacific and light the dang ocean on fire. Lets all neg rep the traitor scientists who spawned this disaster!

FAX
09-19-2007, 10:11 PM
I just had a thought thing. People are made up of mostly water, right? And it's saline, right? And there are tons of radio frequencies all over the place bombarding us all the time, right?

I wonder if it's possible that the radio frequencies are the cause of spontaneous human combustion.

FAX

aturnis
09-19-2007, 10:45 PM
"Once ignited, the hydrogen will burn as long as it is exposed to the frequencies"

Stupid question...Will you constantly have to re-fill with salt water? Or is this saying that a cup of water will burn forever? If not, which I'm sure it won't. How long WILL a cup of water burn? and with how much power?

Discuss Thrower
09-20-2007, 12:03 AM
This process cannot work because it takes more energy to use the microwaves/radio waves to burn the water than it gives out.

Mecca
09-20-2007, 12:11 AM
It doesn't matter anyway even if it did work, the people who run our country are oil people. They have a vested interest in oil and how much money they make off of it.

We'll never see any alternative fuels till they've milked every last drop of oil for every penny they could.

Logical
09-20-2007, 12:57 AM
Very cool. It is amazing how simple it is. Makes you wonder what other things science has yet to discover.

The world is an amazing place, too amazing to be random, it's stories like this that reaffirm my belief there has to be a supreme creator.

Sorry, I just opened the door for Dr. Doom, didn't I. But I felt the need to say it. Amazing, amazing world.....

Huh, as a Deist I believe their is a supreme being, one unifying force, just not a Bible inspiring, bush burning, triumvirate God.

Logical
09-20-2007, 01:00 AM
Salt is Sodium and Chloride if you burn them you are going to create some bad ass pollutants. How would that be handled?

Logical
09-20-2007, 01:10 AM
More

<object width='448' height='336'><param name='movie' value='http://www.glumbert.com/embed/saltwater'></param><param name='wmode' value='transparent'></param><embed src='http://www.glumbert.com/embed/saltwater' type='application/x-shockwave-flash' wmode='transparent' width='448' height='336'></embed></object><div><a href='http://www.glumbert.com/media/saltwater'>glumbert - Saltwater into Fire</a></div>

Extra Point
09-20-2007, 07:46 AM
Celsion Corp. has been working on curing cancer with RF:

http://www.celsion.com/products/ThermoDox.cfm

"Celsion's approach
"Radio Frequency Ablation (RFA) has become an increasingly common method of treating liver cancer. However, while RFA uses extremely high temperatures (80º-100º C) to ablate tumors, it may fail to treat the outer margins of larger tumors because temperatures in the periphery are not high enough to destroy the cancer cells. Recurrence rates are high especially for tumors greater than about one inch in diameter or for patients with multiple liver tumors.

"Celsion's ThermoDox treatment approach is designed to utilize the ability of RFA devices to ablate the center of the tumor while simultaneously thermally activating the ThermoDox liposome to release its encapsulated doxorubicin to kill remaining viable cancer cells throughout the heated region, including the tumor margins. This treatment is intended to deliver the drug directly to those cancer cells that survive RFA. This approach will also increase the delivery of the drug at the desired tumor site while potentially reducing drug exposure distant to the tumor site."

When the oceans catch fire, out comes the Ice9....

FAX
09-20-2007, 07:47 AM
"Once ignited, the hydrogen will burn as long as it is exposed to the frequencies"

Stupid question...Will you constantly have to re-fill with salt water? Or is this saying that a cup of water will burn forever? If not, which I'm sure it won't. How long WILL a cup of water burn? and with how much power?

Damn it, man. This is no time to concern ourselves with cups. We're talking about imminent spontaneous human combustion, here.

My advice is to turn off your radio.

FAX

HonestChieffan
09-20-2007, 07:50 AM
According to Ron Paul, Economics Expert, the US cannot afford an alternative an alternitive to oil or the economy will fall into ruin.

Please stop all progress before its too late.

Extra Point
09-20-2007, 08:37 AM
Damn it, man. This is no time to concern ourselves with cups. We're talking about imminent spontaneous human combustion, here.

My advice is to turn off your radio.

FAX

ROFL Especially 810 AM