PDA

View Full Version : My Last Two weeks....

chasedude
09-12-2007, 04:00 PM
Everything all starts with the Friday before Labor Day weekend. I was helping out the maintenance guy by unloading some roof sealant when I feel out of the bed of the truck onto my back and right hip causing me excruciating pain. I was immobilized all weekend long, ruining all my plans for the weekend. Watching the Chiefs play on Sunday ruined my spirits even more.

The bruise on my right butt cheek, the size of a volleyball, was starting to heal when I get a call This last Friday of Storm Damage to my work. The roof was ripped off in two wings of the building this last Thursday night from a Micro burst causing extensive flooding to the whole building. My job as the "Computer Guy" was to scramble all over trying to save what systems that haven't been water logged or were about to. There's about 25 systems in this office and I'm the only one moving them. I had to beg the "bitches" I work with to give me some help before the Restoration guys come in @ 5pm that Friday.

It's now Wednesday and things are starting to get back to normal. There are dehumidifiers everywhere and industrial fans so loud you can't field phone calls. I'm slowly assessing damage to the desktop systems and anything else "electrical" that gets passed my way. So far one desktop and 3 printers are shot because of water damage.

I've had nothing but crap handed to me the last two weeks and I'm ready for something to brighten my spirits. Just needing to vent some frustration. Hope everyone else's days are better than mine! :)

crazycoffey
09-12-2007, 04:44 PM
good news in on the way, we play chicago thi.... oh wait.

sorry

Skip Towne
09-12-2007, 04:46 PM
The size of a volleyball? You must have a huge ass.

blueballs
09-12-2007, 04:50 PM
Huard no longer drives a mini van to practice
he now holds his head high in a black Esclade

Tactical Funky
09-12-2007, 05:00 PM
LMAO

Dammit, Skippy...

Anyways, sorry you've had a rough go of it lately, chase - at least things can only improve when it seems you've sunk to rock bottom.

Simply Red
09-12-2007, 05:03 PM
Keep your head up.

chasedude
09-12-2007, 05:05 PM

I'll grin and bare it, if you wanna kiss it.

chasedude
09-12-2007, 05:08 PM
LMAO

Dammit, Skippy...

Anyways, sorry you've had a rough go of it lately, chase - at least things can only improve when it seems you've sunk to rock bottom.

Heh... I need a vacation...:p

chasedude
09-12-2007, 05:09 PM
Keep your head up.

Thanks dude, looking forward to better days :)

Skip Towne
09-12-2007, 05:12 PM
I'll grin and bare it, if you wanna kiss it.
Would I be able to distinguish it from your face? Oh, yeah, the bruise.

chasedude
09-12-2007, 05:37 PM
Would I be able to distinguish it from your face? Oh, yeah, the bruise.

I'll make sure my brown eye talks to you real LOUD!

Skip Towne
09-12-2007, 05:49 PM
I'll make sure my brown eye talks to you real LOUD!
That wouldn't help. Too much like your breath.

Predarat
09-12-2007, 05:56 PM
If you are an old skool NES gamer go here:
http://www.virtualnes.com/

Almost all the cool games but punch out are there but it can be played here:
http://www.davieboy.net/play/

If your into pron go to RedTube.com. Totally free, you dont have to download and use hard drive space or risk downloading a virus, its like you tube, you type what you want, click and watch.

Buehler445
09-12-2007, 05:58 PM
Shit will turn around. Keep your head up buddy. Just view it as Job Security and the opportunity to ask for a RAISE.

Predarat
09-12-2007, 06:28 PM
One positive is it sounds like as long as that equipment is running you don't have to field phone calls. I hate fielding phone calls, it sucks!!

Iowanian
09-12-2007, 06:30 PM
In the big picture...thats all minor bullshit.

If thats your worst 2 week period..be thankful.

MahiMike
09-12-2007, 07:54 PM
Last week we moved 1 game closer to kicking both Herm and Carl out of town. THAT's something to celebrate!

Seriously, the bad news is behind you dude. Now it's all down hill. Chin up!