PDA

View Full Version : Anyone going to the Hot Springs Rally?

Bob Dole
09-12-2007, 10:45 PM
Bob Dole is fairly certain the answer is "no", but Bob Dole figured it was better to ask than just assume...

Phobia
09-12-2007, 10:49 PM
This thread is worthless without pics.

stevieray
09-12-2007, 10:50 PM
link?

Bob Dole
09-12-2007, 10:52 PM
http://www.thehotspringsrally.com

Nzoner
09-12-2007, 10:52 PM
I would love to,I want to see Grand Funk again but I've got more guests to entertain in the gameroom this Sunday.

Bob Dole
09-12-2007, 10:56 PM
It appears the couple who planned to share the hotel room are not going to be able to attend, so there's an extra bed available.

Hammock Parties
09-12-2007, 10:59 PM
Hot Springs Hotel....

Hot Springs Hotel....

You'll never wanna check out once you're there...

The girls are hot and crazy...and practically bare!

Bob Dole
09-12-2007, 11:04 PM
Just make certain to leave your skateboard at home.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/EH6AYVn2yw4"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EH6AYVn2yw4" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Mile High Mania
09-12-2007, 11:06 PM
The whole skateboarding drama on video only shows you half the story... the half the skaters want you to see. They don't show the half where they're being complete dicks...

Bob Dole
09-12-2007, 11:10 PM
The whole skateboarding drama on video only shows you half the story... the half the skaters want you to see. They don't show the half where they're being complete dicks...

Bob Dole doesn't have any problem believing they were complete dicks.

Oddly enough, there will likely be more than a few complete dicks in town this weekend, and Bob Dole would bet there aren't any similar videos released next week. ;)

HippESteph
09-13-2007, 12:44 AM
If there are any videos that show up after this weekend, I'm sure that either you or me will be included in the shennannnnnigans.

gblowfish
09-13-2007, 09:09 AM
I have family in Hot Springs. My grandparents retired there in the 1950's, been going there every summer since I was a kid.

Cool little town. Check out the Arlington Hotel, great little bar across from Bath House Row called Maxine's (was a whore house in the 1920's), West Mountain has a nice view of the city. Mountain Valley Water, the "official" spring water of the Chiefs. They have a Chiefs Helmet signed by Dick Vermeil in the lobby of their offices and gift shop.

My folks live there now on Lake Hamilton, west of town.

Good food at Cajun Broilers and McCoy's Steak House.

Have Fun!

Demonpenz
09-13-2007, 09:52 AM
Nzoner had his damn bash HOG weekend in st joseph. That's partly why i woke up before 2 that day was 1000 harley's motoring along

Bob Dole
09-19-2007, 01:01 AM
I have family in Hot Springs. My grandparents retired there in the 1950's, been going there every summer since I was a kid.

Cool little town. Check out the Arlington Hotel, great little bar across from Bath House Row called Maxine's (was a whore house in the 1920's), West Mountain has a nice view of the city. Mountain Valley Water, the "official" spring water of the Chiefs. They have a Chiefs Helmet signed by Dick Vermeil in the lobby of their offices and gift shop.

My folks live there now on Lake Hamilton, west of town.

Good food at Cajun Broilers and McCoy's Steak House.

Have Fun!

Bob Dole hits Maxine's every year, as they've consistently got live music.

Got a late start Thursday morning and then the rain set in about 10 minutes after we checked in, so it was basically a "dinner and rest" evening.

There was the parade and a local Hot Springs band that Bob Dole likes playing at the hotel (Velda Rose) Friday night, so Bob Dole didn't wander too far from the north end of Bathhouse Row.

Saturday's weather was absolutely PERFECT for riding, so Bob Dole put quite a few miles on the X wandering thru the hills. Watched the 2nd half of the local kid getting his first start for Michigan while eating dinner at BW3, then went back to the room and drank some paid-for beer while watching the first half of the Houston Nutt game. Watched the bar crowd get crushed by the ending and then walked down with some friends to Maxine's for a couple of drinks before they all decided to go listen to shitkicker music at the Austin Hotel. By the time Bob Dole endured an hour of that and walked back to the hotel, it was time to get some rest so Bob Dole wasn't too tired to safely ride back home Sunday in time for the KC game.

The ownership changed at the Velda Rose since last year's rally, and Bob Dole wasn't too thrilled with some of the changes, so Bob Dole will probably look at getting a room at the Arlington next year. "Walking distance" is always a concern, because Bob Dole is pretty damned stubborn about the "no more drinks than wheels" rule, especially when there's that much traffic.

If anyone has considered attending this one, it's definitely a good one. Not a hardcore "titties and beer" rally, but a really great location with a metric friendly crowd.