PDA

View Full Version : Receiver Sippio makes rapid rise to Chiefs

DaKCMan AP
09-13-2007, 05:59 AM
Receiver Sippio makes rapid rise to Chiefs
By JASON KING
The Kansas City Star

When the phone call finally came — when the Chiefs offered him a chance to make their roster — receiver Bobby Sippio wasn’t even excited.

“I didn’t want to start back at the bottom,” Sippio said.

Especially since he was having so much fun at the top.

And make no mistake, that’s precisely where Sippio was in the world of Arena Football. With sparkly gold teeth, braided, shoulder-length hair and an arm full of tattoos, Sippio’s trash-talking persona drew Chicago Rush fans into the stands.

His talent kept them there.

“I was content with my Arena League success,” said Sippio, who had 53 touchdown receptions last season. “I was about to become one of the highest-paid players in the league. I was making an honest living and providing for my family. That was good enough for me. I didn’t need to be a millionaire.”

Turns out he may become one anyway.

Five weeks after his initial tryout, Sippio will make his NFL debut Sunday when the Chiefs take on the Bears at Soldier Field. Sippio began the season on Kansas City’s practice squad but was activated this week because of a hamstring injury to Eddie Kennison.

Chiefs coach Herm Edwards said Sippio will contribute mainly on special teams. But with a wafer-thin receiving corps that boasts Samie Parker and rookie Dwayne Bowe as its top threats, don’t be surprised if Sippio ends up hauling in a pass or two in the Windy City.

“I don’t think this will be too big for him,” Edwards said. “There’s something about his personality and the way he carries himself. It will be fun to watch him play.”

Sippio, 26, had hoped this opportunity would come earlier in his career.

He quarterbacked his Osceola (Fla.) High School squad to a state title in 1998. Tradition-rich programs such as Alabama and Clemson were interested in his services, but Sippio didn’t qualify academically until May of his senior year. When he did, he chose Division I-AA Western Kentucky, the school he said stuck by his side all along.

Sippio played defensive back for the Hilltoppers. In his second college game, Sippio accounted for all of his team’s points by returning two punts and an interception for touchdowns. Sippio entered the NFL draft following his junior season — “bad advice,” he says now — and wasn’t selected.

“I’ve had times when things didn’t go right,” Sippio said. “I’ve had times when I wondered if I’d make it very far. I just always kept telling myself to work hard.”

Indeed, Sippio hardly sulked when he wasn’t drafted. Instead, he hooked up with the Greensboro Prowlers of the Arena League 2 and won the league’s Iron Man Award in his rookie season in 2002.

That accomplishment helped Sippio land a role with the main Arena League’s Dallas franchise. After two seasons there and a short stint in Tampa, Sippio wound up in Chicago, where he played for coach Mike Hohensee.

“When I first saw him play, I thought he was a man amongst boys,” Hohensee said. “He’s a superstar. You just have to tell him what you want and he’ll make it happen.”

Chicago was 4-8 when Sippio joined the squad midway through the 2006 season. But with Sippio leading the way, the Rush won seven of its final eight games, including the Arena Bowl championship.

Last season Chicago finished 12-4. Sippio caught 53 touchdown passes — eight shy of the league record — despite playing in just 12 games.

The irony of it all is that Hohensee initially didn’t want to sign Sippio because of the brash attitude he noticed when Sippio played for other Arena League teams.

“When you just look at him, he’s such a character,” Hohensee said. “He liked to gab. But we were in a slump and we needed a spark. I let my hair down and took a chance.

“The main thing that made it work was that I treated him like a man. He understood what the perception of him was, so he went out there and rebuilt himself — emotionally, mentally, outwardly. The world is about to see that this kid is very gifted.”

Sippio’s biggest attributes are his hands. He literally caught every pass thrown to him during his tryout with the Chiefs and was known for his highlight-reel plays in the Arena League. If Sippio drops a pass, it’s because he wasn’t focused — not because he has butterfingers.

“The game is about the ball, so I go get it,” Sippio said. “I catch it with my hands — not my body.”

Edwards said Sippio is aided by his 6-foot-4, 221-pound frame.

“Most of the passes in this league are contested,” Edwards said. “You’re in tight quarters when you have to catch the ball. That’s why the quarterback is always looking for a spot, a little window to throw it in. When he throws it there, you have to hold on to it. That’s what this kid can do.”

The knock on Sippio is his speed. Articles written about Sippio during his days at Western Kentucky say he runs the 40-yard dash in 4.3 seconds, but that hardly seems to be the case when you watch him on the Chiefs practice field. Sippio had reconstructive knee surgery as a high school sophomore.

Whatever the case, he’s obviously fast enough now to earn a spot on an NFL roster.

“I had decided that if Arena League was my calling, then I was going to make the most of it,” Sippio said. “I wasn’t playing that way to get into the NFL. I was playing that way because I loved the game.

“I didn’t know what my chance would be like here. I wasn’t a draft pick and people like to talk bad about the Arena League, like it’s not real football. But it worked out and I couldn’t be more thankful. I’ve had a lot of good people supporting me.”

That includes the folks who visit Sippio’s Web site www.sippio.com. And it includes Bowe, who is Sippio’s cousin, and Hohensee, his coach back in Chicago. Sippio purchased tickets for Hohensee and his family to attend Sunday’s game.

“Bobby is an entertainer,” Hohensee said. “Anything he may do at that level won’t surprise me.

“I told our team before last season that the kid should be in the pros. He doesn’t belong in our league.”

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/chiefs/story/273104.html

Otter
09-13-2007, 06:22 AM
Jessee James Sippo!!!

the Talking Can
09-13-2007, 06:26 AM
so does this kid have a nickname?

ArrowheadHawk
09-13-2007, 06:46 AM
so does this kid have a nickname?
savior?

TEX
09-13-2007, 06:51 AM
Let's hope it's not Jessee Haynes Sippio...

the Talking Can
09-13-2007, 07:04 AM
Brian Shay Sippio?

InChiefsHeaven
09-13-2007, 07:06 AM
n his second college game, Sippio accounted for all of his team’s points by returning two punts and an interception for touchdowns.

That's friggin amazing...

TEX
09-13-2007, 07:06 AM
Brian Shay Sippio?

:clap:

KcMizzou
09-13-2007, 07:18 AM
Jessee James Sippo!!!
Jesse Haynes Sippio.

All kidding aside, I'm rooting for the guy.

What a story that would be...

thehead
09-13-2007, 07:23 AM
Rooting for Sippio as well . :clap:

ChiefGator
09-13-2007, 07:23 AM
All kidding aside, I'm rooting for the guy.

What a story that would be...

yeah that would be a story... our QB actually got a receiver the ball! Only if we use him as a 5 yard checkdown option.

ChiTown
09-13-2007, 07:28 AM
You are all wrong

It's Brian Jesse Sippio.

Honestly, are we really hyping an Arena guy as our WR savior? Oh boy.......

Buehler445
09-13-2007, 07:34 AM
yeah that would be a story... our QB actually got a receiver the ball! Only if we use him as a 5 yard checkdown option.

Played QB in High School.. Stick him in.

JUST KIDDING.

It is impressive though that he has played so many positions.

KcMizzou
09-13-2007, 07:34 AM
You are all wrong

It's Brian Jesse Sippio.

Honestly, are we really hyping an Arena guy as our WR savior? Oh boy.......Eh, it's highly unlikely, of course.

But it would be fun in an otherwise pretty dismal season.

KCFalcon59
09-13-2007, 07:44 AM
There's this receiver that's been on my mind
All the time, Sippio oh oh
Now he don't even know the plays
But I think he likes us just the same
Sippio oh oh

Oh if we called he'll be there
I'd be cheering anywhere
He's all I need, all my life
I feel so good if I just say the word
Sippio, just say the word
Oh Sippio

Now I know that the Chiefs will suck
My fandom has just begun
Sippio oh oh
Ooh give me a chance, throw me a pass
I'll show you i am fast
Sippio oh oh

Ah, I've just got to see him play,
I've got season tickets for Sunday
he makes me nervous and makes me scared
But I feel so good if I just say the word
Sippio just say the word
Oh Sippio, oh

Ah, He's all I need for my team
I feel so good if I just say the word
Sippio I just say the word
Oh Sippio I just say the word
Oh Sippio I'll say the word
Sippio oh oh oh
Just say the word

siberian khatru
09-13-2007, 07:52 AM
I didn't know there was an Arena League 2.

Is there an Arena League Europe?

boogblaster
09-13-2007, 07:52 AM
GO SIPP GO ...

Chiefnj2
09-13-2007, 07:56 AM
I hope he works out, but it would be nice if he was a little more excited about finally making it to an NFL roster: "receiver Bobby Sippio wasn’t even excited", “I didn’t want to start back at the bottom”, "That was good enough for me. I didn’t need to be a millionaire.”

Chiefnj2
09-13-2007, 07:56 AM
Boomer will call him: Bobby 3 Sippio

blueballs
09-13-2007, 08:07 AM
Sippio the name in flame

Coogs
09-13-2007, 08:10 AM
And it includes Bowe, who is Sippio’s cousin

Maybe you all knew this, but I sure did not until now. That is kind of neat.

DaKCMan AP
09-13-2007, 08:19 AM
I hope he works out, but it would be nice if he was a little more excited about finally making it to an NFL roster: "receiver Bobby Sippio wasn’t even excited", “I didn’t want to start back at the bottom”, "That was good enough for me. I didn’t need to be a millionaire.”

I think that quote was in reference to him being invited to camp, not making the team. On Hard Knocks he was visibly excited to make the roster.

KcMizzou
09-13-2007, 08:33 AM
Maybe you all knew this, but I sure did not until now. That is kind of neat.They talked about it on Hard Knocks.

Sippio was very excited to make the team. They showed him calling to tell his dad, someone made him a KC Chiefs cake, and all that... Then he got cut the next day.

I'm glad he made it back.

RustShack
09-13-2007, 08:37 AM
SIPPIO WILL BE OUR BEST RECEIVER THIS YEAR, BOWE WILL BE RIGHT THERE WITH HIM TOO!

morphius
09-13-2007, 08:45 AM
You are all wrong

It's Brian Jesse Sippio.

Honestly, are we really hyping an Arena guy as our WR savior? Oh boy.......
Savior, not so much, but in a dink, dunk, and 3 yard run offense you need a guy who can catch it on 3rd and short to medium. How many drives have been stopped because of dropped balls during Herms run here?

Tribal Warfare
09-13-2007, 08:48 AM
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/UXSLiahzFq8"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UXSLiahzFq8" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

oooh yes the video needs more play :D

RustShack
09-13-2007, 08:53 AM
I watch it every time, LOVE THE GUY!!!

KcMizzou
09-13-2007, 08:55 AM
He looks like Lil' John Sippio.

crazycoffey
09-13-2007, 08:55 AM
good article, I think he keeps his hands, he could easily keep a solid 4-8 yard average, just on the quick slant routes. He's huge too, so hopefully that means he can block well.

DMAC
09-13-2007, 09:04 AM
It's weird seeing him so outspoken. He looked a bit quiet and shy on Hard Knocks.

GarySpFc
09-13-2007, 09:13 AM
Bobby Sippio and Dwayne Bowe: The Catching Cousinsfrom Arrowhead Addict

Woe is me — Michael Allan is gone. Woe is me — Michael Allan is gone!

I’m just about sick of that sentiment from Chiefs fans, and I’m the guy who championed the Whitworth product as a late-round sleeper over at Real football 365 back when you would have probably guessed that Michael Allan was just some guy you worked with.

The Chiefs still have three solid tight ends on the roster — Jason Dunn, Kris Wilson and, of course, Tony Gonzalez. And, yes, Wilson is a tight end. Right now he is a fullback/H-back, but I still see him as Tony G’s eventual successor. Why do you think we’re using a valuable roster spot on Boomer Grigsby? Ticket sales? To prevent a riot? OK, maybe, but we’re also grooming him to be our eventual fullback. So cutting Allan isn’t that big of an ordeal.

And who else were we going to cut?

A young cornerback? Yeah, right. With our aging starting corners and lack of depth at the position that would have been suicide.

An offensive lineman? Oh, that makes sense, given how well this unit has performed so far.

A defensive lineman? Then we’d only have six. That would work out really well against the Chicago Bears this upcoming Sunday sans Jared Allen.

I could go on and on, but Allan was the sensible choice. We desperately need Bobby Sippio on the roster, playing and making catches for us, so someone had to go. Unfortunately, Allan was just about the only possibility. We should all hope that he clears waivers and joins the practice squad (doubtful), but if not, hey, we did what we had to do after Eddie Kennison’s injury.

The good news is that our one of our biggest weaknesses, the wide receiver position, might actually evolve into a strength over time.

Look at all of our receivers besides Dwayne Bowe and Sippio. The ancient Kennison might be one hammy pull closer to retirement. Who knows when he’ll be back. Samie Parker – who, I have to admit, did play pretty well against the Texans last Sunday — typically couldn’t catch an STD in the Red Light District with two fists full of hundreds and all the time in the world. As for Jeff Webb, don’t let his name fool you — the guy doesn’t exactly have Spider-Man-sticky hands. What was up with those alligator arms against the Texans? That right there was Pinkstonesque.

Enter Bowe and Sippio, two catching “cousins” with similar frames and similar games. What I like about each guy is that they are what I call third-and-long receivers, which is basically the antithesis of Kennison, Parker and Webb are. Both Bowe and Sippio possess the size, strength and, most importantly, moxie to fight for and ultimately haul in tough balls. They can go up and get balls, go across the middle and overpower defensive backs. My apologies to Kennison, who’s been a great Chief, butI’m not sure if our other three receivers can do any of those three things.

For the longest time we’ve needed a third-and-long receiver. This was made painfully clear last Sunday when we converted only three of 11 third down opportunities. I’m hoping that we now have two in “The Catching Cousins” — D-Bo and Bobby Sipp. Our anemic offense could definitely use that kind of boost.

I also want to talk a little more about Sippio, briefly. I feel like the Arrowhead Addict staff — along with Chris from Arrowhead Pride, Chris from K.C. Chiefs Fanatic, other Chiefs sites and the readers of said sites — really started this Sippio craze. He’s the Boomer Grigsby of the Chiefs blogosphere, or the Tech-Boomer for all our Net-savvy readers, so lets embrace him and cross our fingers that he’s the next quality NFL player to come from relative anonymity. Then we all could say that we helped create the next Chiefs’ folk hero.

Stinger
09-13-2007, 09:21 AM

Yeaahhhhhh !!!!!!!!!!!!!! OOOOOKKKKKAYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HemiEd
09-13-2007, 09:29 AM
Maybe you all knew this, but I sure did not until now. That is kind of neat.

They made kind of a big deal about it on hard knocks. Stranger things have happened, I hope the guy makes the Pro Bowl.

phobia's skidmark
09-13-2007, 09:34 AM
“I didn’t know what my chance would be like here. I wasn’t a draft pick and people like to talk bad about the Arena League, like it’s not real football. But it worked out and I couldn’t be more thankful. I’ve had a lot of good people supporting me.”

that is funny.

who is he talking about????

Coogs
09-13-2007, 09:54 AM
They made kind of a big deal about it on hard knocks. Stranger things have happened, I hope the guy makes the Pro Bowl.

Thanks! I don't get HBO, so this was news to me anyway.

RedThat
09-13-2007, 10:12 AM
Bobby Sippio is the next Rod Smith.

InChiefsHeaven
09-13-2007, 10:15 AM
Bobby Sippio is the next Rod Smith.

We're gonna trade him to the Donks??

GarySpFc
09-13-2007, 10:24 AM
We're gonna trade him to the Donks??

The Donk fans have been aware of Sippio for some time and were upset when we signed him. It appears Kansas City was one of the few places he was overlooked until Ray Farmer called him in for a tryout.

RedThat
09-13-2007, 10:24 AM
Bobby Sippio is here to stay,
Nobody can take him away.

Nobody I say,
The Broncos can only wish they had their way,
by taking Bobby Sippio away,
the day!!

Easy 6
09-13-2007, 10:41 AM
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/UXSLiahzFq8"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UXSLiahzFq8" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

oooh yes the video needs more play :D

The great thing i noticed here, was that he had a guy or two draped all over him when he made most of those catches.

In a perfect world he & Bowe will be starting in short order.

Give'em hell kid.

kcfanXIII
09-13-2007, 11:08 AM
i'm a little excited. saw him make every catch on hard knocks, and with bowe on the other side we'll have two WR that can go over the middle and make a play. his trash talking will have to be held in check at least untill he starts making plays, but his overall attitude could be something the offense needs. just wish we had someone to throw him the ball.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-13-2007, 11:30 AM
As far as nicknames, I cracked up when someone on here called him:

Sippio Africanus.

Tribal Warfare
09-13-2007, 11:31 AM
just wish we had someone to throw him the ball.

If King Carl wasn't such a chickenshit, Croyle would be the guy

Micjones
09-13-2007, 11:31 AM
Contribute mainly on Special Teams?
Herm never ceases to amaze me...

Sippio needs to be on the field with the offense.
We won't have Kennison. We'll need as much help at the WR spot as humanly possible.

DaKCMan AP
09-13-2007, 11:32 AM
Contribute mainly on Special Teams?
Herm never ceases to amaze me...

Sippio needs to be on the field with the offense.
We won't have Kennison. We'll need as much help at the WR spot as humanly possible.

How many 3 and 4 WR sets do you expect us to run?

StcChief
09-13-2007, 11:34 AM
maybe the spark we need....

RustShack
09-13-2007, 11:35 AM
i'm a little excited. saw him make every catch on hard knocks, and with bowe on the other side we'll have two WR that can go over the middle and make a play. his trash talking will have to be held in check at least untill he starts making plays, but his overall attitude could be something the offense needs. just wish we had someone to throw him the ball.

Croyle needs to be thrown into a real game, with a real game plan, and with Bowe, Sippio, and Gonzo to throw to; and LJ & Bennett to hand the ball off to. He has all the tools, we don't have a HORRIBLE line, we have a defense to get him the ball, he just needs the experiance and to build chemistry with the team now. IT IS TIME

Micjones
09-13-2007, 11:44 AM
How many 3 and 4 WR sets do you expect us to run?

We don't have to run many for him to see the field.
Parker will start at one Wide Receiver spot.
I assume that Bowe will start at the other.
He can split time with Bowe.

And he'll see time in 3-WR sets.

Good coaches find a way to work talented players into what they're doing offensively.

BigRock
09-13-2007, 11:49 AM
We don't have to run many for him to see the field.
Parker will start at one Wide Receiver spot.
I assume that Bowe will start at the other.
He can split time with Bowe.

And he'll see time in 3-WR sets.
That'll be Webb. Sippio is the 4th guy on the totem poll.

Easy 6
09-13-2007, 11:53 AM
That'll be Webb. Sippio is the 4th guy on the totem poll.

I wouldnt be so sure if i were you, Webb did basically zilch this pre-season.

IMO, its entirely possible that Scippio Afrikkaner beats him out.

Maybe a brash young guy like him is just what we need to put a 'lil swagger back into this O.

Micjones
09-13-2007, 11:56 AM
As SF said... I'm not so sure he won't see plenty of time anyway. Webb hasn't contributed anything.

Sure-Oz
09-13-2007, 11:57 AM
Webb contributed a batted ball for a INT

Rausch
09-13-2007, 11:59 AM
Anyone know WTF EK's injury is?...

Easy 6
09-13-2007, 12:00 PM

Shammy.

FAX
09-13-2007, 12:01 PM

Hammy blammy.

FAX

Rausch
09-13-2007, 12:03 PM
Hammy blammy.

FAX

By "blammy" do you mean blown or you just in the mood to rhyme?...

Sure-Oz
09-13-2007, 12:06 PM
EK has a slight hamstring tear.

FAX
09-13-2007, 12:10 PM
By "blammy" do you mean blown or you just in the mood to rhyme?...

Sorry, Mr. Rausch. Last I heard, it was a pull.

FAX

Micjones
09-13-2007, 12:12 PM
Webb contributed a batted ball for a INT

Touche.

GarySpFc
09-13-2007, 12:14 PM
I watch it every time, LOVE THE GUY!!!

When you see Sippio in the video catch passes with 2 or 3 defenders hanging all over him, then you have a pretty good idea he just might be successful in the NFL. :):drool:

HemiEd
09-13-2007, 12:15 PM
Hopefully Sippio makes us all forget the loss of Rich Scanlon.

RustShack
09-13-2007, 12:23 PM

I don't think he will have any problems at all doing that.

Fish
09-13-2007, 12:29 PM

who?

Rausch
09-13-2007, 12:30 PM
Sorry, Mr. Rausch. Last I heard, it was a pull.

FAX

Giggity.

EK might not be Jerry Rice but he's solid and I'd hate to see the ugly we'd be without him this year....

RustShack
09-13-2007, 12:32 PM
Eddie Kennison should be back in a couple weeks.

RedThat
09-13-2007, 12:34 PM
Giggity.

EK might not be Jerry Rice but he's solid and I'd hate to see the ugly we'd be without him this year....

bobby sippio is going to be better then eddie kennison..the future is here!

RustShack
09-13-2007, 12:41 PM
bobby sippio is going to be better then eddie kennison..the future is here!

Sippio and Bowe both!

FAX
09-13-2007, 12:44 PM
Giggity.

Agreed. I've liked EK all along. Especially after the game winning bomb at Green Bay. A road win, no less.

I'm excited to see what Sippio can do to help. This team needs a playmaker in the worst way ... scratch that ... we have some of those ... um ... we need a playmaker.

FAX

RedThat
09-13-2007, 12:46 PM
Sippio and Bowe both!

no drafting wrs next year. sippio is going to bring fire and attitude to this offense that they desperately need.

next year we draft Brohm to throw them the ball.

RedThat
09-13-2007, 12:48 PM
Agreed. I've liked EK all along. Especially after the game winning bomb at Green Bay. A road win, no less.

I'm excited to see what Sippio can do to help. This team needs a playmaker in the worst way ... scratch that ... we have some of those ... um ... we need a playmaker.

FAX

Not only a playmaker FAX. This team needs some attitude.

They play like a soft bunch of pansies. Ain't got no of that in sippio.

HemiEd
09-13-2007, 12:50 PM
who?
ROFL Surely the Roys haven't gotten over him yet.

Mr. Laz
09-13-2007, 12:51 PM
go sippio, go!!

RedThat
09-13-2007, 12:54 PM
Man how desperate and bad are the Chiefs when it comes to lacking talent?

They even have to go to the arena league :shake:

Mr. Laz
09-13-2007, 01:01 PM
http://www.drydenphoto.com/warner.jpg

Sure-Oz
09-13-2007, 01:04 PM
We all know arena leaguers never have success.....

go sippio!

RedThat
09-13-2007, 01:04 PM
http://www.drydenphoto.com/warner.jpg

LMAO....Kurt is a good illustration Laz.

But my point is, what are the chances an arena league guy pans out?

Very long shot.

*Im just pimping sippio. Of course Im rooting for him this weekend because I see him as an underdog.

RedThat
09-13-2007, 01:06 PM
We all know arena leaguers never have success.....

go sippio!

it's a long shot.

Sure-Oz
09-13-2007, 01:07 PM
it's a long shot.
I picked him up as an extra on my fantasy team, so he will succeed!!!!!

I am realy rooting for him though, its a good story coming out of training camp/preseason.

Thig Lyfe
09-13-2007, 01:47 PM
I had no idea Sippio and Bowe were cousins.

Micjones
09-13-2007, 01:51 PM
Catching Cousins.

Tribal Warfare
09-13-2007, 01:54 PM
When will the Sippio for President T-shirts be out? I'd so buy one :rockon:

BigChiefFan
09-13-2007, 02:14 PM
I've got to say, at first I truly belived Sippio was an enigma(and he STILL is at this point), but I like the way the kid carries himself. He's confident,but not cocky and I really think he could make a contribution to the team. I'm really hope he excels with his shot at the NFL level.

Sippio is the feel-good story for the Chiefs, this year and I feel good rooting for him. Kick some ass, Sips.

Hammock Parties
09-13-2007, 02:16 PM
Biggest load of crap ever....all this over a nobody.

Thig Lyfe
09-13-2007, 02:18 PM
Biggest load of crap ever....all this over a nobody.

When Bobby "Sweet Sip of Ice Cold Lemonade" Sippio catches 20 balls for 280 yards and 6 touchdowns this weekend, you'll be sorry you ever doubted his greatness.

Tribal Warfare
09-13-2007, 02:21 PM
When Bobby "Sweet Sip of Ice Cold Lemonade" Sippio catches 20 balls for 280 yards and 6 touchdowns this weekend, you'll be sorry you ever doubted his greatness.

Then after the game he rides Carrie Underwood like it's the last leg of the Kentucky Derbie ROFL

Sure-Oz
09-13-2007, 02:35 PM
Then after the game he rides Carrie Underwood like it's the last leg of the Kentucky Derbie ROFL
He probably railed her after he made the practice squad

Tribal Warfare
09-13-2007, 02:38 PM
He probably railed her after he made the practice squad

While curing cancer

BigRock
09-13-2007, 02:45 PM
I wouldnt be so sure if i were you, Webb did basically zilch this pre-season.
As was already mentioned, Herm said Sippio would play mainly on special teams this week. I'd ask if you think Herm only said that so that the Bears aren't prepared for the giant Sippio Bomb that's going to be dropped on them, but I'm afraid to see how many people actually think that's the case.

HemiEd
09-13-2007, 02:49 PM
As was already mentioned, Herm said Sippio would play mainly on special teams this week. I'd ask if you think Herm only said that so that the Bears aren't prepared for the giant Sippio Bomb that's going to be dropped on them, but I'm afraid to see how many people actually think that's the case.

Heck, many of my Chicago friends have been buzzing about him since the Chiefs brought him into training camp.

GarySpFc
09-13-2007, 03:09 PM
Heck, many of my Chicago friends have been buzzing about him since the Chiefs brought him into training camp.

The Donk boards were buzzing when we signed Sipp. They clearly were upset.

Sure-Oz
09-13-2007, 03:10 PM
The Donk boards were buzzing when we signed Sipp. They clearly were upset.
Really? Did they want him as well?

Reaper16
09-13-2007, 04:40 PM
Really? Did they want him as well?
I think anybody who knew who Sippio was in Arena ball was excited about the signing. There's a good Arena team in Denver that knows all about Bobby Sippio.

GarySpFc
09-13-2007, 08:52 PM
You might not be aware of this, but until this past AFL season Sippio was not on anybodys map as a star. It was simply the right circumstances that brought him to the Chiefs. Yes, the Donk fans wanted him, but I don't know about the team.

Ebolapox
09-13-2007, 09:04 PM

WHHHAAAAAATTTTTT?!?

...til' the sweat drips from my balls (that's sippio's motto)

gta0012
09-13-2007, 09:13 PM
You know whats going to happen? He is going to play. he is going to catch everything thrown his way. We are all going to get so excited because Bowe and parker will catch like 40-50% and sippio will catch 100%.

Then on Tuesday a new post will read "Sippio placed back on PS"

Cause thats how we do things round hur.

FAX
09-13-2007, 09:19 PM
If the Big Sipper leads the Chiefs to a win on Sunday, the Nation will go completely nuts. I mean, in a good way.

We might rocket to number 27 in the power rankings.

FAX

GarySpFc
09-14-2007, 09:40 AM
You know whats going to happen? He is going to play. he is going to catch everything thrown his way. We are all going to get so excited because Bowe and parker will catch like 40-50% and sippio will catch 100%.

I don't know how much playing time Herm is going to give Sipp, but hopefully it's far more than special teams.

Yes, The Big Sipp does catch everything, but I am not certain even he gets 100%. I read one board where a poster stated he was at 7 straight Chicago Rush games, and he only dropped one pass....the shame of it. Let's bring Parker back in.

jidar
09-14-2007, 10:49 AM
After reading that he literally caught every single pass thrown his way in camp (I find that astonishing... 100%? EVERY SINGLE PASS?!) it amazes me that he isn't on the 53 from day 1. I mean I understand that there is more to playing receiver than just catching the ball but at some point you have to value the ability to catch.

FAX
09-14-2007, 11:03 AM
After reading that he literally caught every single pass thrown his way in camp (I find that astonishing... 100%? EVERY SINGLE PASS?!) it amazes me that he isn't on the 53 from day 1. I mean I understand that there is more to playing receiver than just catching the ball but at some point you have to value the ability to catch.

Herm said that Sippio needed time to learn the playbook because there are no excuses and you have to be fully prepared on game day, Mr. jidar.

5 minutes later, he was ready.

FAX

Ebolapox
09-14-2007, 11:04 AM
til the sweat drips from my balls

Mr. Laz
09-14-2007, 11:12 AM
he didn't attend any of the OTA's and didn't get to training camp until half way through.

it's about understanding the offense

who knows .... maybe he isn't smart enough to understand an NFL level offense. :shrug:

hopefully he works out

FAX
09-14-2007, 11:14 AM
Okay ... on this play right here, you block.

Then, on this play right here, you block.

FAX

kepp
09-14-2007, 11:20 AM

FAX
"Then, on this play, you go 20 yards down and in and pretend you're going to catch the ball. Of course, by that time Damon will have already dumped off to his outlet or crumpled to ground."

Mr. Laz
09-14-2007, 11:33 AM

FAX
Dwayne Bowe still seems lost

FAX
09-14-2007, 11:37 AM
Dwayne Bowe still seems lost

You're right, of course, Mr. Laz. There's far more to it than that.

Still, it's difficult to tell how lost Bowe is when we're talking about Downfield's accuracy, don't you think? Frankly, I haven't seen enough action to know, but you can't catch it and throw it, too.

FAX

Skip Towne
09-14-2007, 11:45 AM
Frankly, I haven't seen enough action to know, but you can't catch it and throw it, too.

FAX
Downfield can. I've seen him do it.

Mr. Laz
09-14-2007, 12:05 PM
You're right, of course, Mr. Laz. There's far more to it than that.

Still, it's difficult to tell how lost Bowe is when we're talking about Downfield's accuracy, don't you think? Frankly, I haven't seen enough action to know, but you can't catch it and throw it, too.

FAX
i understand your frustration

i more concern about when i see Bowe not knowing where to lineup or not seeming to understand an audible/play.

That is either Bowe being dense or the coaches not doing a very good job or teaching. Neither is a good thing.

HypnotizedMonkey
09-14-2007, 12:11 PM
Sippio to Bowe ...trick play TD!

Chiefnj2
09-14-2007, 12:15 PM

i more concern about when i see Bowe not knowing where to lineup or not seeming to understand an audible/play.

That is either Bowe being dense or the coaches not doing a very good job or teaching. Neither is a good thing.

Part of the problem could be that Herm seems to want all WR's to learn all of the WR positions. That's a lot of info to learn.

GoHuge
09-14-2007, 12:24 PM
Brian Shay Sippio?Laugh all you want about Brian, but I played against him in high school and he was a bad mo fo. I wish things would have worked out for him. He's a hell of a good guy.

kcxiv
09-14-2007, 12:47 PM
With Kennison's partial Hammy tear, its time for the Young guys to step up. Sammy Parker is now the old veteran, haha

StcChief
09-14-2007, 12:50 PM
Don't laugh it could work. Doubt Herm would allow it.

Fish
09-14-2007, 12:52 PM
With Kennison's partial Hammy tear, its time for the Young guys to step up. Sammy Parker is now the old veteran, haha

Sammy Parker.... veteran.... may the Lord help us....

GarySpFc
09-14-2007, 12:52 PM
Herm said that Sippio needed time to learn the playbook because there are no excuses and you have to be fully prepared on game day, Mr. jidar.
5 minutes later, he was ready.
FAX

I wrote Jason King, because I had questions regarding Sippio's reported speed in the 40. I received an interesting reply, which I thought you might like to see.

"You're right> No one that runs a 4.6 is slow. That's a good speed - but only an average speed for a receiver. Trust me, I've watched him on the practice field for a month now, and he's not as fast as some of the other guys. But who cares? He's still really damn good.

Thanks for the e-mail.

Jason"

kcxiv
09-14-2007, 12:54 PM
Sammy Parker.... veteran.... may the Lord help us....
haha, Yep, but hey he held on to the ball last sunday. He made some pretty tough catches. The one that went off his fingertips was not his fault. I usually will attack Parker fast, but that one was a horrible throw.

ottawa_chiefs_fan
09-14-2007, 01:03 PM
, but you can't catch it and throw it, too.

FAX

...that's what she said...

GarySpFc
09-14-2007, 01:14 PM
The Big Sipp did play quarterback in high school.

" Even before his 1000 yard High School Season in Florida and playing in what Florida still today call the best High School Game ever winning him the honors of All State High School Quarterback Bobby has always practiced to be the best and has always played to win. (http://www.sippio.com/article.html)"

the Talking Can
09-14-2007, 01:17 PM
Laugh all you want about Brian

thanks, but I've laughed enough right now...I'll laugh some more later...

the Talking Can
09-14-2007, 01:18 PM

he's played in 1 game....are you really worried about that?

i find our willingness to give young players 1 single play to become Veterans a wierd trait...Medlock (1 game, cut), Croyle (0 games, bust), Bowe (1 game, failing)...

GarySpFc
09-14-2007, 02:34 PM

i find our willingness to give young players 1 single play to become Veterans a wierd trait...Medlock (1 game, cut), Croyle (0 games, bust), Bowe (1 game, failing)...

Excellent observation!

Mr. Laz
09-14-2007, 02:38 PM

the ability of our coaches to teach offense is very much a concern.

HypnotizedMonkey
09-14-2007, 03:41 PM
Don't laugh it could work. Doubt Herm would allow it.

oh I'm not laughing! SOMETHING needs to spark this offense .. and after watching LT throw TD after TD it probably would work if they stuck it in there at the right time!... I know Sippio touching the ball isn't going to make the D's sack shrivel up like when LT touches it, but I could see it working (if the Sippinator can still throw) .. and if it doesn't work... hey nobody expected us to win anyway!

YOU HEAR THAT SOLARI!!?!?? I know you come read this garbage.

KCJohnny
09-14-2007, 07:19 PM
I wrote Jason King, because I had questions regarding Sippio's reported speed in the 40. I received an interesting reply, which I thought you might like to see.

"You're right> No one that runs a 4.6 is slow. That's a good speed - but only an average speed for a receiver. Trust me, I've watched him on the practice field for a month now, and he's not as fast as some of the other guys. But who cares? He's still really damn good.

Thanks for the e-mail.

Jason"

Randy Moss runs a 4.6 40. Stop watches are for track and field.

Game day speed in pads with people jamming you at the LOS, running while you read defenses and make decisions, that's a whole 'nuther kind of speed. I don't really care about running in shorts against a clock. I care about a receiver that can run against the Bears' cover 2 defense.

keg in kc
09-14-2007, 07:23 PM
Randy Moss runs a 4.6 40.Moss ran a sub 4.4 at the combine.

Maybe you were thinking of Jerry Rice, who was I think 4.5 or higher.

Mecca
09-14-2007, 07:25 PM
Randy Moss is the most physically gifted WR in the history of the game, let's not compare anyone to him as an example.

KCJohnny
09-14-2007, 07:29 PM
Moss ran a sub 4.4 at the combine.

Maybe you were thinking of Jerry Rice, who was I think 4.5 or higher.

I stand corrected, you are right.

My point was running on a track in shorts against a clock and running in pads against an NFL defense are two completely different kinds of speed. Sippio has proven he has game speed, which is all that matters.

keg in kc
09-14-2007, 07:30 PM
Samie Parker, on the other side of the coin, is probably the fastest guy on the field, but he has never shown even the briefest sparkle of game speed.

At least not that I've seen.

However, I think there's one thing to remember: Arena football game speed and NFL game speed are not the same thing. I don't think Sippio has proven anything yet.

I do think he deserves the opportunity, however.

Anyong Bluth
09-14-2007, 08:36 PM
it was reported this last spring that once Randy got back into top shape he clocked under 4.3. Not buying it, but if you've seen the guy separate from defenders, his 40 time is pointless, he simply runs as fast as he needs to. The only other guy in the NFL I know that was like that was Deion Sanders. Moss is and will always be a freak, but w/out motivation, worthless. TO may be a handful, but he busts his ass on every play no matter what. If you could put Moss's skillset w/ TO's drive, you'd have the most rediculous WR of all time.

KCJohnny
09-14-2007, 09:26 PM
Samie Parker, on the other side of the coin, is probably the fastest guy on the field, but he has never shown even the briefest sparkle of game speed.

At least not that I've seen.

However, I think there's one thing to remember: Arena football game speed and NFL game speed are not the same thing. I don't think Sippio has proven anything yet.

I do think he deserves the opportunity, however.

I attended the Kansas City Brigade playoff game this year and was really impressed by the Arena League speed and intensity. It actually seemed harder than the NFL in some ways - a much smaller field and lots of getting hit on pass patterns. Its my homervision but I am hoping Sippio will be the Kurt Warner of WRs for the Chiefs.

Good example - Parker is a speed burner but doesn't really get much separation on deep outs, posts or go routes. His quickness gets him open on short to intermediate routes though.

DaMook
09-14-2007, 09:33 PM
I don't care how fast he runs as long as he catches everything thrown to him and holds on to it.

KCJohnny
09-14-2007, 09:35 PM
I don't care how fast he runs as long as he catches everything thrown to him and holds on to it.

Well, that's the scouting report on Sippio - most reliable hands in the AFL.

I say put him in the game and send him over the middle.

DaMook
09-14-2007, 09:45 PM
I say put him in the game and send him over the middle.

Although it was against scrubs, he looked pretty good in preseason action cathing those slants. Speed aside, it looks like he knows how to use his body to block off DBs, and then CATCH the ball with his HANDS. Whatever happens it has gotta be better than last week, doesn't it?

the Talking Can
09-14-2007, 09:47 PM
it was reported this last spring that once Randy got back into top shape he clocked under 4.3. Not buying it, but if you've seen the guy separate from defenders, his 40 time is pointless, he simply runs as fast as he needs to. The only other guy in the NFL I know that was like that was Deion Sanders. Moss is and will always be a freak, but w/out motivation, worthless. TO may be a handful, but he busts his ass on every play no matter what. If you could put Moss's skillset w/ TO's drive, you'd have the most rediculous WR of all time.

You put Moss and Brady together and you have something that is basically unstoppable...talent is one thing, talent playing with talent is a whole other level....this will be the smartest thing Moss ever did....

now, for comparison, I offer Huard and Sippio..... ROFL

KCJohnny
09-14-2007, 09:49 PM
Although it was against scrubs, he looked pretty good in preseason action cathing those slants. Speed aside, it looks like he knows how to use his body to block off DBs, and then CATCH the ball with his HANDS. Whatever happens it has gotta be better than last week, doesn't it?

Last week was a DROPSY clinic.
Sippio is not really a rookie - I say throw him the damn ball and see what he can do. He's almost as big as a TE and will be able along with the 220 pound Bowe be able to push CBs around on toss/sweeps. I would think these muscle-bound WRs with soft hands like Bowe and Sippio would be a perfect fit to Herm's TOP offense (*cough*cough*). I guess that's an offensive scheme...:shrug:

the Talking Can
09-14-2007, 09:50 PM
Sippio is a black Chris Horn...that guy caught everything, but still had no business in the NFL....sorry

DaMook
09-14-2007, 09:55 PM
Sippio is a black Chris Horn...that guy caught everything, but still had no business in the NFL....sorry

If he could be K Lockett 2, without the punt return muffing (didn't one hit him in the head) that wouldn't too bad. He wasn't a burner, but it always seemed like he caught everything on third down, that might be nice.

KcMizzou
09-14-2007, 09:58 PM
Sippio is a black Chris Horn...that guy caught everything, but still had no business in the NFL....sorryHonestly, if that's all he is, I'd still take it. LMAO

KCJohnny
09-14-2007, 10:00 PM
If he could be K Lockett 2, without the punt return muffing (didn't one hit him in the head) that wouldn't too bad. He wasn't a burner, but it always seemed like he caught everything on third down, that might be nice.

I always liked Lockett - never got a toss unless it was 3rd and long but he always caught the ball, you are right.

Sippio is a big, physical guy who has played QB, DB and other positions. I think we are selling him way short. I think this offense is a perfect fit for what he can bring. He will dominate DBs on running downs and get 1st downs over the middle in LB land.

the Talking Can
09-14-2007, 10:01 PM
Honestly, if that's all he is, I'd still take it. LMAO

there were games where I thought he was the best WR on our team...but that was much more a reflection on our WR talent than his talent, as his current job as a insurance salesman confirms...

the Talking Can
09-14-2007, 10:04 PM
He will dominate DBs on running downs and get 1st downs over the middle in LB land.

where do you come up with this stupid shit?

Urlacher will rip his head off and shit down his neck...he might dominate Bartee, but no NFL CB worth a nickle is going to get dominated by an Arena league import....jesus....

kcxiv
09-14-2007, 10:05 PM
What leads you to beleive he has no business in the NFL? What have you seen from him that makes you think this?

the Talking Can
09-14-2007, 10:10 PM
What leads you to beleive he has no business in the NFL? What have you seen from him that makes you think this?

the same thing I've seen from every other player in the Arena League...Arena league players are in the Arena league for a reason...the Pats traded for Moss for a reason - he's one of the best WRs in the NFL...we're calling up Sippio for a reason - we're desperate...

...besides, calling him Chris Horn was a compliment...that guy had great hands....but the fact remains he only played because our WR sucked ass....same situation we face now...

kcxiv
09-14-2007, 10:14 PM
the same thing I've seen from every other player in the Arena League...Arena league players are in the Arena league for a reason...the Pats traded for Moss for a reason - he's one of the best WRs in the NFL...we're calling up Sippio for a reason - we're desperate...

...besides, calling him Chris Horn was a compliment...that guy had great hands....but the fact remains he only played because our WR sucked ass....same situation we face now...He also didn't start his pro career as a wide receiver. I beleive he was a defensive back. To make a transition like that does take time. I am not saying he will be great or even good, but to say he has no business in the NFL after not really seeing him play makes no sense.

Mecca
09-14-2007, 10:16 PM
Well Sippio is bigger than Chris Horn.

Tribal Warfare
09-14-2007, 10:19 PM

Kevin Lockett was the man when it came to crunchtime he was the go to guy, and always caught the ball.

the Talking Can
09-14-2007, 10:23 PM
Well Sippio is bigger than Chris Horn.

well shit, CROWN HIS ASS

the Talking Can
09-14-2007, 10:25 PM
He also didn't start his pro career as a wide receiver. I beleive he was a defensive back. To make a transition like that does take time. I am not saying he will be great or even good, but to say he has no business in the NFL after not really seeing him play makes no sense.

actually, I can say that 99% of Arena League players have no business in the NFL, without seeing them play...just as I can say that 99% of College football players have no business in the NFL, without seeing them play....

if Sippio is that 1% great...but it is perfectly reasonable to assume that he isn't....

KCJohnny
09-14-2007, 10:29 PM
actually, I can say that 99% of Arena League players have no business in the NFL, without seeing them play...just as I can say that 99% of College football players have no business in the NFL, without seeing them play....

if Sippio is that 1% great...but it is perfectly reasonable to assume that he isn't....

By your logic, 99% of Joe Whoevers posting under anonymous usernames in cyberspace can't tell you anything meaningful about the game of NFL football.

Sippio made the team. He's in the NFL. Wise men will wait until he has the chance to prove himself.

the Talking Can
09-14-2007, 10:31 PM
By your logic, 99% of Joe Whoevers posting under anonymous usernames in cyberspace can't tell you anything meaningful about the game of NFL football.

Sippio made the team. He's in the NFL. Wise men will wait until he has the chance to prove himself.

Wise men aren't homers.

KCJohnny
09-14-2007, 10:32 PM
Wise men aren't homers.

Loyalty is a virtue, Grasshopper.

So is humor.

Perhaps it is time to change your (can) liner.

kcfanXIII
09-14-2007, 10:36 PM

well, he's the top 1% of the AFL. does that make you feel better? i'm not saying he's a sure fire answer at wr, but he's got a chance to be a decent wr,

the Talking Can
09-14-2007, 10:42 PM
Loyalty is a virtue, Grasshopper.

So is humor.

Perhaps it is time to change your (can) liner.

what does that have to do with anything?

the Talking Can
09-14-2007, 10:42 PM
well, he's the top 1% of the AFL. does that make you feel better? i'm not saying he's a sure fire answer at wr, but he's got a chance to be a decent wr,

based on what?

FRCDFED
09-14-2007, 10:53 PM
Uhhhhh..........why don't we just give him a chance? Like it could be any worse. We might be pleasantly surprised. While he may not be the next Marvin Harrison or Steve Smith, there is no reason at this point to think he can't be a solid contributor which we desperately need.

kcfanXIII
09-14-2007, 11:00 PM
based on what?

in baseball when a player reaches the top in the league, he's called up to the next league. from A, to AA, to AAA, to MLB, its a natural progression. sippio has topped out of the AFL, so let him have a shot in the NFL. i'm feeling pretty negative about this season, but i'm willing to give sippio a chance, just like i want to see croyle get a chance. this season will be a wash anyways, so why not see what we got.

the Talking Can
09-14-2007, 11:06 PM
in baseball when a player reaches the top in the league, he's called up to the next league. from A, to AA, to AAA, to MLB, its a natural progression. sippio has topped out of the AFL, so let him have a shot in the NFL. i'm feeling pretty negative about this season, but i'm willing to give sippio a chance, just like i want to see croyle get a chance. this season will be a wash anyways, so why not see what we got.

i don't give a shit if he plays....I was responding to this idiotic post by KCJohnny:

"He will dominate DBs on running downs and get 1st downs over the middle in LB land."

me pointing out that 99.9% of Arena League players have no business in the NFL apparently makes me an asshole...you "realist" homers rock on....Chiefs fans are supposed to root for Damon Huard and joe Blow Sippio without dissent...

FAX
09-14-2007, 11:13 PM
i don't give a shit if he plays....I was responding to this idiotic post by KCJohnny:

"He will dominate DBs on running downs and get 1st downs over the middle in LB land."

me pointing out that 99.9% of Arena League players have no business in the NFL apparently makes me an asshole...you "realist" homers rock on....Chiefs fans are supposed to root for Damon Huard and joe Blow Sippio without dissent...

Dis Ent?

http://www.influencemedia.com/citi/ent.jpg

FAX

the Talking Can
09-14-2007, 11:15 PM

I just want to point out that this is me going "Mecca"....it's fun

kcxiv
09-14-2007, 11:23 PM

Reasonable? of course, I would just rather see what the guy can do before i predict doom and gloom. I did the same thing with the Chiefs this season. I seen them play 1 horrible game, then i was like well maybe the "experts" did know what they were talking about. Now i dont think we have a chance to make the play offs.

Again, for me i would like to see what he can do before i say he sucks.

GarySpFc
09-14-2007, 11:27 PM

So do you think Arena League players might compare to our big university team players? And do you think the very best Arena League player might be NFL materal?

the Talking Can
09-14-2007, 11:28 PM
So do you think Arena League players might compare to our big university team players?

?

you lost me

the Talking Can
09-14-2007, 11:28 PM
Reasonable? of course, I would just rather see what the guy can do before i predict doom and gloom. I did the same thing with the Chiefs this season. I seen them play 1 horrible game, then i was like well maybe the "experts" did know what they were talking about. Now i dont think we have a chance to make the play offs.

Again, for me i would like to see what he can do before i say he sucks.

you can do whatever your homer heart desires....

GarySpFc
09-14-2007, 11:32 PM
?

you lost me

What I asked shouldn't be too difficult to understand. I am asking if you think Arena League players likely compare to major college players? And how would the very best Arena League players compare? Do you think they just might be NFL materal?

the Talking Can
09-14-2007, 11:56 PM
What I asked shouldn't be too difficult to understand. I am asking if you think Arena League players likely compare to major college players? And how would the very best Arena League players compare? Do you think they just might be NFL materal?

who cares how they compare?

that wasn't my point

99% of either group will never sniff the NFL...whether or not "i watch them".....

Logical
09-15-2007, 12:44 AM

Is he as talented as the major college players, definitely not. But apparantely somehow he learned to catch the ball, something our more talented people have not shown an ability for other than maybe Eddie Kennison. I don't think he will be a star but it would be nice if he could catch the ball consistently for us.

Smed1065
09-15-2007, 12:52 AM
Is he as talented as the major college players, definitely not. But apparantely somehow he learned to catch the ball, something our more talented people have not shown an ability for other than maybe Eddie Kennison. I don't think he will be a star but it would be nice if he could catch the ball consistently for us.

So he suks because he was not drafted?

I am sure the Patriots follow that rule.

He might suk but so do our WR's.

Hate to break the rule but you want us to follow rules and become better? Guess what ever we do is wrong.

kcxiv
09-15-2007, 01:04 AM
you can do whatever your homer heart desires....
How am i a Homer? i expect us to finish at the bottom of the division with the Raiders. If thats a homer, then wow.

the Talking Can
09-15-2007, 01:20 AM

lot's of people who can "catch the ball" don't belong in the NFL....I've already pointed out Chris Horn as an example...

i don't understand all the homer vag bleeding...it is not reasonable, or sane, to assume an arena league player is going to be good simply because the Chiefs signed him....he would be, by definition, the exception if he did as KCJohnny claimed: "He will dominate DBs on running downs and get 1st downs over the middle in LB land."

were Sippio playing for any other team no Chief fan would give him the time of day....not 1

Mecca
09-15-2007, 01:52 AM
That's basically true, Bobby Sippio is only on our roster and getting this talk because that's how bad our other receivers are. It speaks volumes....

Kerberos
09-15-2007, 07:26 AM
All of this BULLSH!T reminds me of working for Coca-Cola 15 years ago.

When I started working for them we distrbuted A&W rootbeer. (Good Brand but NOT a major player)

WE dropped A&W when coke USA bought Barqs Root Beer.

7UP distributer in our area picked up the A&W and the salesman WAS SO EXCITED that they were getting A&W he almost SHIT himself.

MY Point?

If A&W was looked at as being the SAVIOR for that distributor they had a LOT more problems than what was on the SURFACE.

:shake:

I like B-SIP and I hope he pans out to be a GOOD reciever and hidden treasure for the Chiefs. But I won't bet my paycheck that he is the Savior of the franchise.

runnercyclist
09-15-2007, 07:41 AM

When I started working for them we distrbuted A&W rootbeer. (Good Brand but NOT a major player)

7UP distributer in our area picked up the A&W and the salesman WAS SO EXCITED that they were getting A&W he almost SHIT himself.

MY Point?

If A&W was looked at as being the SAVIOR for that distributor they had a LOT more problems than what was on the SURFACE.

I like B-SIP and I hope he pans out to be a GOOD reciever and hidden treasure for the Chiefs. But I won't bet my paycheck that he is the Savior of the franchise.

Let's see Sippio = Root Beer

I like root beer.

Float Sip!

KcMizzou
09-15-2007, 07:45 AM
Let's see Sippio = Root Beer
That's what I got out of it.

the Talking Can
09-15-2007, 07:50 AM
i hope Sippio plays well, I have nothing against him...but this remains a painfully homer post by kcjohhny:

GarySpFc
09-15-2007, 09:49 AM
You say he is definately not as talented as the major college players. Hmmm, that's a very strong statement. Have you considered that Sippio was a first team All-American in college, albeit as a defensive back, cornerback to be exact? He tried out with the Dolphins and was cut due to injuries. He then played in the Arena League on both offense and defense for the next couple of years. It was only last year when he focused on offense as a wide receiver that he became a star in the AFL.

I am not suggesting Sippio is going to be the next Rice, Moss, Lofton, Monk, Harrison, Carter, Owens, Irving, Brown, or Allworth. No way! However, to say he is definately not as talented as our major college players misses the mark. That said, it is my opinion Sippio is going to make the Chiefs and turn out to be our best receiver...better than Bowe. Now it may turn out that I am wrong, but I think the Chiefs have made a great pickup.

Sure-Oz
09-15-2007, 09:56 AM
I don't see why not root for an under dog, he's not a midget like Horn was...

talastan
09-15-2007, 10:29 AM
I'm happy to just have another player get his chance at the big time. Hopefully Sippio takes the opportunity and runs with it, about 8-10 ypc preferably. Then maybe afterwards we can put in Croyle so we can pass more the 8-10 yards from the LOS. I have to stick up for my adopted Chief.

RustShack
09-15-2007, 10:46 AM
And if we get so low on CB's we can but SIPPIO in, but he will probably be busy shredding it up on offense.

GarySpFc
09-15-2007, 10:48 AM
I'm happy to just have another player get his chance at the big time. Hopefully Sippio takes the opportunity and runs with it, about 8-10 ypc preferably. Then maybe afterwards we can put in Croyle so we can pass more the 8-10 yards from the LOS. I have to stick up for my adopted Chief.

Hopefully, Herm will put Croyle in the game if Huard falters, and it will be interesting seeing Brodie throwing quick passes to Bowe, Sippio, and TG. If he gets time he can unload the long ball to Parker. Naw, forget that last comment.

talastan
09-15-2007, 10:59 AM
If he gets time he can unload the long ball to Parker. Naw, forget that last comment.

Good catch!! I don't know though. I remember Herm commenting in Hard Knocks on Brodie's cannon of an arm. I believe if Brodie was out there we'd be alot more vertical with the offense. Not 30-50 yard passes, but at least 10-20. Simply because Huard can't make those throws, we decide not to do them. With the Bears, we need a lot more vertical passing in order to keep them honest.

Rain Man
09-15-2007, 11:03 AM

MY Point?

Wow. A&W is the Jerry Rice of soft drinks. It's the best ever, and most people won't argue with that. You must really be high on Sippio.

GarySpFc
09-15-2007, 11:50 AM
Good catch!! I don't know though. I remember Herm commenting in Hard Knocks on Brodie's cannon of an arm. I believe if Brodie was out there we'd be alot more vertical with the offense. Not 30-50 yard passes, but at least 10-20. Simply because Huard can't make those throws, we decide not to do them. With the Bears, we need a lot more vertical passing in order to keep them honest.

We need a lot more vertical passing period. Bowe caught hard passes from Russell, and so Brodie's cannon should not be a problem. Likewise, I believe both TG, Kennison and Sippio can handle his bullets. Parker, now there is another story.

KCJohnny
09-15-2007, 11:50 AM
You say he is definately not as talented as the major college players. Hmmm, that's a very strong statement. Have you considered that Sippio was a first team All-American in college, albeit as a defensive back, cornerback to be exact? He tried out with the Dolphins and was cut due to injuries. He then played in the Arena League on both offense and defense for the next couple of years. It was only last year when he focused on offense as a wide receiver that he became a star in the AFL.

I am not suggesting Sippio is going to be the next Rice, Moss, Lofton, Monk, Harrison, Carter, Owens, Irving, Brown, or Allworth. No way! However, to say he is definately not as talented as our major college players misses the mark. That said, it is my opinion Sippio is going to make the Chiefs and turn out to be our best receiver...better than Bowe. Now it may turn out that I am wrong, but I think the Chiefs have made a great pickup. :thumb: :toast: :holdman:

Kerberos
09-15-2007, 02:54 PM
Wow. A&W is the Jerry Rice of soft drinks. It's the best ever, and most people won't argue with that. You must really be high on Sippio.

A&W Sucks ASS in total revenue though! :D

Tribal Warfare
09-15-2007, 10:53 PM
Back to my previous question, when will the Sippio for President apparel be out?

the Talking Can
09-16-2007, 08:31 PM
Sippio is a big, physical guy who has played QB, DB and other positions. I think we are selling him way short. I think this offense is a perfect fit for what he can bring. He will dominate DBs on running downs and get 1st downs over the middle in LB land.

Yeah. Brilliant.

You forgot, "He will keep Brodie company on the bench."

Rain Man
09-16-2007, 08:49 PM
I know it's popular to pile on Parker, and that's not the intent of this. However, if we look at our offense, it's obvious that Parker's strength (raw speed) doesn't contribute at all, because we don't ever throw downfield. With our offense, we need big physical wide receivers who have good hands and can fight for the ball. That would argue that Bowe and Webb and Sippio are a better fit than fast guys like Kennison and Parker.

Concerned that Sippio isn't fast? I would ask whether it really matters if we only run three-yard routes.

Sure-Oz
09-16-2007, 09:15 PM
Did anyone even see Sippio on the field, even on ST's? I don't think he was ever on the offense.

GarySpFc
09-18-2007, 04:30 PM
I know it's popular to pile on Parker, and that's not the intent of this. However, if we look at our offense, it's obvious that Parker's strength (raw speed) doesn't contribute at all, because we don't ever throw downfield. With our offense, we need big physical wide receivers who have good hands and can fight for the ball. That would argue that Bowe and Webb and Sippio are a better fit than fast guys like Kennison and Parker.
Concerned that Sippio isn't fast? I would ask whether it really matters if we only run three-yard routes.

It came out in The Star today that Parker is only 5'9", not 5'11". He weighs 180. Now it has been obvious to me in the last two games Parker is getting knocked off his routes. He also doesn't have the oomph to go get the ball with the big boys. We need big wide receivers like Bowe and Sippio to pull them in. I suspect Sippio isn't getting any playing time, because Webb's best friend is Herm's son. Hmmmmm.

Sanka
09-18-2007, 05:51 PM
Doesn't Sippio run a sub 4.4 40?

InChiefsHeaven
09-18-2007, 08:11 PM
It came out in The Star today that Parker is only 5'9", not 5'11". He weighs 180. Now it has been obvious to me in the last two games Parker is getting knocked off his routes. He also doesn't have the oomph to go get the ball with the big boys. We need big wide receivers like Bowe and Sippio to pull them in. I suspect Sippio isn't getting any playing time, because Webb's best friend is Herm's son. Hmmmmm.

That is laughable. Nobody makes decisions based on the coaches son's best friend...please...:shake:

Sure-Oz
09-18-2007, 09:36 PM
Sippio is probably not ready playbook wise, i'd like to see him sometime this season.

Tribal Warfare
09-19-2007, 01:09 AM
I believe Sippio will be ready for the 4th or 5th game to make a contribution

MadMax
09-19-2007, 02:20 AM
That's what I got out of it.

Rawfull A&W all the way!Oh yea and Parker and Hall were an awesome combo last season getting passes 3 yards in the back field :thumb: :banghead:

Mecca
09-19-2007, 02:23 AM
By the time he's ready he'll be cut when Kennison comes back...

MadMax
09-19-2007, 03:46 AM
By the time he's ready he'll be cut when Kennison comes back...

Yep and he'll wonder why he even bothered.

chagrin
09-19-2007, 05:07 AM
Sparkly gold teeth, oooh how nice :rolleyes: