PDA

View Full Version : Great Moms all over the place lately....

talastan
09-13-2007, 03:30 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,296733,00.html

KANSAS CITY, Mo. — The mother of a young girl known for years as "Precious Doe" pleaded guilty Thursday to second-degree murder in the death of her 3-year-old daughter.

Michelle Johnson, 31, of Muskogee, Okla., also pleaded guilty to child endangerment, abandoning a corpse and tampering with evidence for not helping her 3-year-old daughter as she lay dying after allegedly being abused by the girl's stepfather.

As part of the plea agreement, Johnson will testify against her husband, Harrell Johnson, who is charged with first-degree murder, assistant prosecutor Tim Dollar said. Prosecutors plan to seek the death penalty for Harrell Johnson.

In exchange for Michelle Johnson's plea, prosecutors will recommend she serve a total of 25 years, Dollar said.

Prosecutors said Johnson did not seek help for the girl, Erica Michelle Marie Green, who was dying after being kicked by her stepfather in a Kansas City home.

Johnson's trial had been scheduled to start Jan. 22.

:cuss: What the hell happened to protecting your children? :banghead:

kepp
09-13-2007, 03:35 PM
:shake: To sit there and not get help for your dying child... I'm sure she was being threatened by the step father about keeping quiet and things, but if one of my daughters was hurt, I'd go berserk on anyone who got in my way.

talastan
09-13-2007, 03:36 PM
Agree here. No one would be able to tear me away from the moron who would ever try and hurt my kids.

chasedude
09-13-2007, 03:39 PM
This was the girl they found beheaded many years ago right? I'm glad her killer will finally be brought to justice now may she rest in peace.

Jilly
09-13-2007, 03:44 PM
so she had another daughter? or is she being convicted of killing precious doe??

talastan
09-13-2007, 03:56 PM
Indirectly killing Precious Doe. She didn't do the actual harm, but she didn't intervene or call for help. At least that's what I gathered.