PDA

View Full Version : OK..Honestly, is there any hope for Bears upset?

KCwolf
09-14-2007, 12:09 AM
I 4 1 think yes baby....run LJ run.....throw Grossman throw. It's all good.

ChiefaRoo
09-14-2007, 12:09 AM
There is always hope.

evolve27
09-14-2007, 12:28 AM
When Jaworski picks us to lose, there is absolutely no hope. None.

ChiefJustice
Ummm...

Only in dreams or under heavy medication.

KurtCobain
We will win.

Direckshun
09-14-2007, 12:30 AM
I despise our odds in this game.

But I do think the Chiefs can make it competitive.

luv
09-14-2007, 12:33 AM
I thought the Bears D looked good last week. You don't think they could stop our run game?

ChiefJustice
09-14-2007, 12:38 AM
I thought the Bears D looked good last week. You don't think they could stop our run game?

One Mini-Ditka could stop our run game.That or a stiff breeze off of the
lake.

Uncle_Ted
09-14-2007, 12:39 AM
Stranger things have happened in the NFL.

We could win ugly. If our offense doesn't turn it over, and our D scores a TD (or 2) while consistently giving the offense a short field, I could see it happening. I foresee Gunther blitzing the hell out of Rex.

big nasty kcnut
09-14-2007, 12:42 AM
Yes we will win.

Bowser
09-14-2007, 12:44 AM
I think offense in the NFL will be set back years after Sunday's game between the Chiefs and Bears.

The score will be something like 10-6, whichever team wins.

|Zach|
09-14-2007, 12:51 AM
Of course there is.

It is a sport...this is sports.

<object width="425" height="353"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/sOF6-GScIGo"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/sOF6-GScIGo" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="353"></embed></object>

ChiefsCountry
09-14-2007, 12:56 AM
Any given Sunday.

Kaylore
09-14-2007, 01:00 AM
OK..Honestly, is there any hope for Bears upset?
No.

88TG88
09-14-2007, 01:04 AM
No.
yes

Buns
09-14-2007, 01:06 AM
Chiefs 3
Bears 5

CoMoChief
09-14-2007, 01:19 AM
I 4 1 think yes baby....run LJ run.....throw Grossman throw. It's all good.
Well Grossman is their QB so we will get about 2 turnovers just because of that.

But we couldnt move the ball against the ****IN Texans, so what makes people thing we can move the ball against a top 3 defense?!?!?!

Its their home opener, Bears defense plays great at home. Players and fans will be jacked up for this game. This game is gonna suck because if we get behind.....AT ALL, we are so ****in ****ed and you might as well turn the ****in TV off because Herm's philosophy doesn't allow teams to come back. I mean shit, this has been proven.

This game is gonna be ugly.

Bears: 28

Chiefs: 3

blueballs
09-14-2007, 01:29 AM
Bears=Yogi
Chiefs=picnick basket

beach tribe
09-14-2007, 06:09 AM
yes.

Otter
09-14-2007, 06:19 AM
Sure there's a chance. There's also a chance I'll win the Power Ball Saturday Night if I play too.

Those chances just aren't very good at all.

StcChief
09-14-2007, 06:21 AM
Any given Sunday... It just won't be this Sunday.

kcmaxwell
09-14-2007, 06:22 AM
Sure there's a chance. There's also a chance I'll win the Power Ball Saturday Night if I play too.

Those chances just aren't very good at all.

But you're saying there's a chance!! i have no idea what movie that was from...it just popped in my head...
maxwell

TN_Chief
09-14-2007, 06:25 AM
Look, there is always a chance. But the odds are so long it's really not worth considering. It's not enough to count on Grossman to have a bad game (and BTW, he usually seems to counter each of his bad games...like last week...with a good/decent game), even if he throws an errant pass or fumbles, the Chiefs D would still actually have to come up with the ball. What's more, the D would pretty much have to take it in for 6 or at least get us in FG range on the return, because the offense sure isn't going to do it against the Bears D.

Just remember, there's also the chance a meteor could hit Soldier Field mid-game and land on Herm. Unfortunately I wouldn't count on it.

beach tribe
09-14-2007, 06:25 AM
But you're saying there's a chance!! i have no idea what movie that was from...it just popped in my head...
maxwell
dumb and dumber

TN_Chief
09-14-2007, 06:26 AM
maxwellDumb and Dumber. Hey...it's Herm and Carl!

Warrior5
09-14-2007, 06:43 AM
While I fully expect the Bears to destroy the Chiefs on Sunday in a buttwhooping of epic proportions, I do have some hope based upon history. Not ancient history; in fact, it was exactly a year ago…

The Bengals came into Arrowhead for game 1 last year and crushed the Chiefs (and Trent Green). We had already lost Roaf, our O-line was horrid with Jordan "Highway 65" Jordan flailing in Roaf's place, and unproven Damon Huard took the reigns of the offense as the Chiefs headed to Pile High for game 2 against the hated Donkeys.

Everyone expected a rout:
- new head coach
- Chiefs struggling with identity & chemistry
- our once-proud O-line sucked
- defense was unproven
- journeyman QB going into a very hostile stadium where the Chiefs had consistently been killed for 6(?) straight years

What happened was a defensive struggle that ended with an OT field goal. While the loathesome Donks won 9-6, the Chiefs got a huge morale shot in the arm and some confidence that carried them to 7 wins in their next 9 games.

I wouldn't bet a Red & Gold cent on history repeating itself this Sunday, but it's possible.

Happy Red Friday, and Go Chiefs.

Simply Red
09-14-2007, 06:49 AM
I see us having a chance. Honestly it wouldn't surprise me if we pulled the upset off. Yes, they are pissed. But so are we.

Simplex3
09-14-2007, 06:49 AM
It's possible the fire sprinklers could go off in the Bears' locker room, then an errant 220v cable could electrocute their entire team, causing the Bears to have to forfeit.

If their team makes it to the field, however, the Chiefs are pretty much cooked.

Simplex3
09-14-2007, 06:50 AM
I see us having a chance. Honestly it wouldn't surprise me if we pulled the upset off. Yes, they are pissed. But so are we.
This team hasn't had that kind of fire since the Monday Night Meltdown.

TN_Chief
09-14-2007, 07:41 AM
This team hasn't had that kind of fire since the Monday Night Meltdown.Exactly. The Bears are pissed. The Chiefs (I suspect) are resigned.

el borracho
09-14-2007, 07:45 AM
Well, there is always a chance but it appears highly improbable. To date we haven't seen anything to indicate the Chiefs can get in the endzone this season. Our offensive line, a major problem last year, does not look much improved and we are missing our best WR (which is also a problem area for the Chiefs). This is our 2nd consecutive road game (consecutive road games are always tough) and historically the Chiefs do not play well on the road. Additionally, the Bears are the defending NFC champs and field an elite defense. By the way, our K was unemployed last week.

KC Jones
09-14-2007, 08:22 AM
If our defense scores and puts us in easy field goal position a couple of times, we have a very good chance to pull off an upset.

For what it's worth, Prisco has picked us to win:

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/features/writers/expert/picks

OnTheWarpath15
09-14-2007, 08:28 AM
If our defense scores and puts us in easy field goal position a couple of times, we have a very good chance to pull off an upset.

I think he might be picking us against the spread.

Honestly, I'm not sure I'd be shocked by ANY result of this game.

RustShack
09-14-2007, 09:25 AM
I think we have a pretty good shot of winning.

talastan
09-14-2007, 09:35 AM
It's pretty evenly matched up IMO. Both teams field on paper a great defense, strong running game, and have questionable QB's along with a weak passing attack. I think Sunday's game is all going to come down to attitude and who wants it more. I just didn't see it in the Chiefs this first game like I did with the Bears. Hopefully we get a fire up our a$$es and wake up. If that happens it will at least be a competitive game.

crazycoffey
09-14-2007, 09:37 AM
I'd like to think so. I think the 12 pt line is a big slap in our face to. We have a better chance to beat the bears than we did to make the playoffs last year.....

TN_Chief
09-14-2007, 09:38 AM
It's pretty evenly matched up IMO. Both teams field on paper a great defense...Oh my God dude, are you high? You think for a second that our defense compares to the Bears D? Put down the crack pipe.I think we have a pretty good shot of winning.You too. Just set it down and back away.

htismaqe
09-14-2007, 09:46 AM

Expert Picks: Week 2

CBSSports.com's NFL staff picks against the spread on every game every Wednesday for the upcoming week's games. Picks are based not on which team actually wins the game, but covers the spread. Spreads are subject to adjustment based on unforeseen factors. As such, picks are subject to change prior to games.

Skip Towne
09-14-2007, 09:53 AM
If the Bears defense suddenly ran off the field it would still take us three plays to score.

Chiefnj2
09-14-2007, 09:54 AM
If a Norv Turner coached team can beat them, then there is hope for KC.

crazycoffey
09-14-2007, 09:57 AM
Expert Picks: Week 2

CBSSports.com's NFL staff picks against the spread on every game every Wednesday for the upcoming week's games. Picks are based not on which team actually wins the game, but covers the spread. Spreads are subject to adjustment based on unforeseen factors. As such, picks are subject to change prior to games.

Killjoy

talastan
09-14-2007, 10:00 AM
No I said that we're PRETTY evenly matched up. As in we both run our teams very similar. I don't think our D is as good as Chicago's but I think we're well on our way to being that good eventually.

And I don't smoke crack, its for poor people! ROFL

El Jefe
09-14-2007, 10:01 AM
I've been saying it all week long. Chiefs 12 Bears 9

StcChief
09-14-2007, 10:08 AM

Prisco... that's the kiss of death. Are we on the cover of SI this week too.

HemiEd
09-14-2007, 10:11 AM
If the Bears defense suddenly ran off the field it would still take us three plays to score.
ROFL We are going to kick the FG on third down in case of a bad snap?

Hailchief
09-14-2007, 10:13 AM
No I said that we're PRETTY evenly matched up. As in we both run our teams very similar. I don't think our D is as good as Chicago's but I think we're well on our way to being that good eventually.

And I don't smoke crack, its for poor people! ROFL

The Chiefs D doesn't even belong in the same sentence with the Chicago D..

htismaqe
09-14-2007, 10:23 AM
Prisco... that's the kiss of death. Are we on the cover of SI this week too.

He picked us to COVER, not win.

And he's a smart man.

Given that neither of these teams has a great chance of scoring many points, a 12-point spread is huge.

RedThat
09-14-2007, 10:29 AM
We are going to lose this lose.

We don't stand a chance of winning.

We'll be lucky if we sniff any points this game.

Mr. Laz
09-14-2007, 10:36 AM
There is always hope.
yep

the Bears have a little bit of a weakness on their defensive line and if our Oline suddenly grows a pair then we might be able to take advantage of it.

you never know when Rex Grossman is going to implode .... if he makes some early mistakes and starts freaking out then we can get some valuable turnovers.

these 2 things are our hope

FringeNC
09-14-2007, 10:38 AM
The Bears aren't really a very good team, but they are much better than Houston.

Both teams will play not-to-lose. Another boring game.

If the Chiefs lose, and don't put up any points, there will be quite a few no-shows for the opener.

siberian khatru
09-14-2007, 10:40 AM
The Bears aren't really a very good team, but they are much better than Houston.

Both teams will play not-to-lose. Another boring game.

Yeah, that's how I see it. I'm really not looking forward to it. Even if we win ("Even if we play so far over our heads that our noses bleed for a week to 10 days...!"), I may not be awake enough to celebrate.

Simplex3
09-14-2007, 10:48 AM
...If the Chiefs lose, and don't put up any points, there will be quite a few no-shows for the opener.
Lots of empty seats at Arrowhead are the required medicine for this team. Something that finally convinces the Hunt family that they need to gut this thing and find a new direction.

Fish
09-14-2007, 10:50 AM
Logic would suggest that we shouldn't win. But with this game I think anything's possible.

The Franchise
09-14-2007, 10:59 AM
If we beat the Bears this weekend...then Rex Grossman deserves to be cut.

Rick
09-14-2007, 11:03 AM
yes

No. Too predictable..we will go smashmouth & predictable when we do throw. This team can't win anywhere with our off. game plans.

Could we stop Houston late in the game when we knew what they were going to do? Houston??????????

StcChief
09-14-2007, 11:04 AM
Lots of empty seats at Arrowhead are the required medicine for this team. Something that finally convinces the Hunt family that they need to gut this thing and find a new direction.

Paper bags over heads and adapt "The DETRIOT LIONS" fans walkout.

FAX
09-14-2007, 11:05 AM
Personally, I expect Downfield to throw at least 5 interceptions, take 11 sacks, and pee his pants sometime during the 3rd quarter.

FAX

TN_Chief
09-14-2007, 11:06 AM
I was in KC on Wednesday and Thursday for work. Something that kind of floored me, given the many pro-organization voices here, was the sheer number of people where I was working (many of them season ticket holders) who are as down on Herm/Carl/etc. as I and many of the other folks here at Chiefsplanet are. I guess I assumed that we "negative"/realistic voices were in the minority...but that wasn't my experience at all.

If Carl and Herm survive past this season I will be amazed.

Bowser
09-14-2007, 11:07 AM
Personally, I expect Downfield to throw at least 5 interceptions, take 11 sacks, and pee his pants sometime during the 3rd quarter.

FAX

But are we going to win?

FAX
09-14-2007, 11:08 AM
I was in KC on Wednesday and Thursday for work. Something that kind of floored me, given the many pro-organization voices here, was the sheer number of people where I was working (many of them season ticket holders) who are as down on Herm/Carl/etc. as I and many of the other folks here at Chiefsplanet are. I guess I assumed that we "negative"/realistic voices were in the minority...but that wasn't my experience at all.

If Carl and Herm survive past this season I will be amazed.

One thing is certain. Now that the taxpayers/fans have a substantial, vested interest in the Chiefs, the Hunts have a reason to listen to them. That, at least, has changed the landscape somewhat.

FAX

Mr. Arrowhead
09-14-2007, 12:05 PM
"This is the greatest thing about sports, You Play to Win the Game"

htismaqe
09-14-2007, 12:07 PM
Winning this game is just the kind of thing that wouldn't surprise me.

We'd be 1-1 and the team would be trying to tell us that they're moving towards being a playoff team...

Chiefnj2
09-14-2007, 12:08 PM
Winning this game is just the kind of thing that wouldn't surprise me.

We'd be 1-1 and the team would be trying to tell us that they're moving towards being a playoff team...

Winning a road game against one of the top 5 teams in the NFL wouldn't be a good sign and indication of being a playoff team?

KCChiefsFan88
09-14-2007, 12:14 PM
Winning a road game against one of the top 5 teams in the NFL wouldn't be a good sign and indication of being a playoff team?

If the Bears lose at home to the Chiefs and start out 0-2 they wouldn't be one of the top 5 teams in the NFL

htismaqe
09-14-2007, 12:24 PM
88 beat me to it.

The only way the Chiefs beat the Bears would be if Grossman pukes away the game. There's not enough Grossman's in this league for the Chiefs to make the playoffs.

Chiefnj2
09-14-2007, 12:58 PM
88 beat me to it.

The only way the Chiefs beat the Bears would be if Grossman pukes away the game. There's not enough Grossman's in this league for the Chiefs to make the playoffs.
That's exactly what everyone thought last year after the first game.

Simplex3
09-14-2007, 01:11 PM
Yes, and getting SPANKED by Indy after backing into the playoffs was a real joy to watch. Let's try and relive THAT.

htismaqe
09-14-2007, 01:15 PM

Nobody expected Huard to only throw 1 INT...

He's already thrown double that this year.

Calcountry
09-14-2007, 05:58 PM
Stranger things have happened in the NFL.

We could win ugly. If our offense doesn't turn it over, and our D scores a TD (or 2) while consistently giving the offense a short field, I could see it happening. I foresee Gunther blitzing the hell out of Rex.If the Queen had balls, she'd be King.

Mecca
09-14-2007, 06:04 PM
Don't worry, the way the Bears play D. Huard will probably go into his fetal position and get sacked 10 times. And with his lofting passes and the way they run expect several INT's.....

If I had LJ on my fantasy team he wouldn't play this week either...

munkey
09-14-2007, 06:49 PM
maxwell

dumb and dumber

munkey
09-14-2007, 07:02 PM

Who did we play last weekend? Are you serious? Winning a game on the road against a top 5 team would be a miracle...not an idication of a playoff team.

Take off the rose colored glasses PLEASE!

Why can't people/fans see this season for what it is...6-10 or 7-9 IF were REALLY, REALLY LUCKY. AND I do mean LUCKY. Personally I think were lucky to win 4 games....PERIOD.

I'll eat crow if wrong but I witnessed nothing last Sunday that would indicate any hope of success this weekend IMO.

keg in kc
09-14-2007, 07:10 PM
I don't tend to put much stock in "hope" but it's not impossible.

Only highly improbable.

We win if we play a perfect game and they don't.

KCJohnny
09-14-2007, 07:13 PM
Reasons why the Chiefs can beat the Bears:

1. Teams that make it to the SB rarely return to the playoffs

2. Our D is good enough to stay in this game until the 4th quarter

3. Rex

4. We have 2 PB RBs, a PB TE and the NFL's #2 rated passer from '06

5. Any given Sunday

6. Rex

7. Bears D lost 2 starters to injury

8. We will stop the run (which is only average) and force Rex to throw

9. LJ will carry 20+ times and catch 5+ passes for a total of 200 yds

10. Rex

Homervision Rocks! :p

keg in kc
09-14-2007, 07:19 PM
...and the NFL's #31 rated passer this season.

Mecca
09-14-2007, 07:20 PM
Johnny makes my head hurt, can't he just have some pie and shutup?

KCJohnny
09-14-2007, 07:21 PM
...and the NFL's #31 rated passer this season.

Uh, weren't you the one telling me that small samples were illegitimate barometers of statistical performance a couple years ago?

Thought so.:hmmm:

keg in kc
09-14-2007, 07:25 PM
Uh, weren't you the one telling me that small samples were illegitimate barometers of statistical performance a couple years ago?Oh, I'd expect him to finish the year well above 50.

I'd bet he's a lot closer to 31 in QB rating by season's end than 2, however. I'll be shocked if he has a rating above 75 or 80.

And I think stats in general have limited use in a discussion. They can be twisted in virtually any direction imaginable.

Either way, Huard is not very good. Two eyes are enough to tell me that.

Mr. Laz
09-14-2007, 07:26 PM
Johnny makes my head hurt, can't he just have some pie and shutup?
hey .... he admits to being a blind homer

i got no problem with that

when i get irked in when homers actually try and pass it off as logic.

NashvilleRock.net
09-14-2007, 09:01 PM
I know this isn't the greatest since I'm new to this stuff but I figure it's good for a laugh.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b178/uncledaddy1/DUMB.jpg

Hammock Parties
09-14-2007, 09:04 PM
Hell, that's the most hilarious shitty photoshop ever.

KurtCobain
09-14-2007, 09:09 PM
Hell, that's the most hilarious shitty photoshop ever.

like you could do it better.

Hammock Parties
09-14-2007, 09:09 PM

Is that a challenge I hear?

KCJohnny
09-14-2007, 09:21 PM
hey .... he admits to being a blind homer

i got no problem with that

when i get irked in when homers actually try and pass it off as logic.

Alas, there is fairness in the universe and honest men... :toast:

OctoberFart
09-14-2007, 09:23 PM
Next question.

HemiEd
09-14-2007, 09:26 PM
I would like nothing more than a Chiefs win, especially living in Bears country. But honestly, I am not going to fool myself into getting upset over this game.
1) 2nd game in a row on the road.
2) Bears are 0 and 1
3) We have the Herm Edwards #32 offense totally installed now.

Face it friends, our only hope is for the official rebuild to begin.

Rasputin
09-14-2007, 09:50 PM
I don't know if there is hope to beat da Bears ??

I miss Jared Allen :( , he could defintly help this team and get things going. Tamba Hali was double teamed and we hardly had a pass rush from the DEs. I was hoping for a 1&1 start but figured it would have been the Texans that we beat. Damn.

Our season isn't over, we can rejuvenate this season. One game bfd. I don't expect playoffs just the will to win games and to win games that we are suppose to win. I'd like to see the "play makers" make plays.

We have the "Play Makers" to win games, we have to make plays. That is what Coach HE preaches, that is what I expect.

KCJohnny
09-14-2007, 09:53 PM
Remember, we have 8 home games between week three and week 15. My expectation is that we will get hot on that stretch and (*gasp*) even score some TDs then. This defense has the chance to be really tough by December. We'll see.

Smed1065
09-14-2007, 10:00 PM
I would like nothing more than a Chiefs win, especially living in Bears country. But honestly, I am not going to fool myself into getting upset over this game.
1) 2nd game in a row on the road.
2) Bears are 0 and 1
3) We have the Herm Edwards #32 offense totally installed now.

Face it friends, our only hope is for the official rebuild to begin.

I live in Atlanta and feared when we played them. I heard smack for 2 weeks and when it was played? Was they ranked#1 against the run up till then that year?

52-10 IIRC.

I know the odds but lightning does strike once in awhile.

:)

Sometimes twice.

Hammock Parties
09-14-2007, 10:06 PM

BOOM!

http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/1584/carlandhermdumbanddumbewt6.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

sd4chiefs
09-14-2007, 10:09 PM
The Chiefs will win on Sunday and..

Rasputin
09-14-2007, 10:12 PM
Nashville Rocks, way better than GOAtSE, imo, the sunglasses on King Carl made it more funny.

Logical
09-14-2007, 11:08 PM
There is always a chance, it is miniscule, but there is a chance.

KurtCobain
09-16-2007, 10:01 PM
BOOM!

http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/1584/carlandhermdumbanddumbewt6.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

You got that photo shop shit down. I can't even get the damn program open, let alone actually make something that doesn't suck.

KurtCobain
09-16-2007, 10:02 PM
Oh and by the way, we really beat the Bears. Just don't tell Chicago fans. Or the NFL.