PDA

View Full Version : Ha Ha ...... Trent Green on Bill Belichick

ROYC75
09-15-2007, 08:52 PM
ROFL ROFL ROFL

http://www.kansascity.com/491/story/275532.html

But Miami Dolphins quarterback Trent Green was among those doubting the sincerity of Belichick's apology, comparing the coach to the megalomaniacal Marine played by Jack Nicholson in the movie "A Few Good Men."

"Belichick is sitting there, and you know he is getting peeved that he is even in there - the audacity to bring him in and question him," Green said, laughing. "The visual I have is that eventually Belichick kind of snapped and said, 'You're darn right I (did).'"

FRCDFED
09-15-2007, 08:53 PM
Now that is funny!! Mostly because it is believeable. The attorney versus the Field General! YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!! ROFL

NewChief
09-15-2007, 08:54 PM
Here's the "whole" story and quote.

http://www.miamidolphins.com/newsite/news/top_story.asp?contentID=5375

COMMISSONER CRUISE?: Green gave perhaps the funniest analogy to date when asked his opinion on the situation with the New England Patriots facing allegations of cheating by videotaping the New York Jets' defensive signals last week. Knowing that NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell has seen the evidence and is conducting a hearing, Green referenced the movie starring Tom Cruise and Jack Nicholson, "A Few Good Men" in his answer.

"Can you see Bill Belichick and Roger Goodell in the office having the conversation and you picture Roger Goodell as Tom Cruise and you picture Bill Belichick as Jack Nicholson," Green said. "And they're sitting in the courtroom and they're having this discussion and all of a sudden Goodell's like, 'Did you order a Code Red?' And Belichick's sitting there and you know he's just getting peeved that he's even in there and the audacity to bring him and question him.

"When that whole thing was going on that's the analogy and kind of the visual I have is that eventually Belichick kind of snapped and said, 'You're darn right I ordered a Code Red. Yes I did.' Maybe I'm the only one that kind of has that warped perception."

Those familiar with the movie could see one of Nicholson's most famous lines reworked this way by Belichick: "You want me on that sideline! You need me on that sideline!"

blueballs
09-15-2007, 08:55 PM
Him and Jason Taylor must have some interesting conversations

the Talking Can
09-15-2007, 08:55 PM
that is a perfect description

Hammock Parties
09-15-2007, 08:56 PM
I still love Trent Green.

ROYC75
09-16-2007, 09:22 AM
I still we wish had thew DV offense and this defense....... but we all know what wishes do for us.........

KC Jones
09-16-2007, 09:53 AM
I still we wish had thew DV offense and this defense....... but we all know what wishes do for us.........

Not possible - the first thing Vermeil did was hire GROB who then tossed Donnie Edwards and pursued Denvers leftovers. The defense was doomed from that point forward.

Zouk
09-16-2007, 09:59 AM
Not possible - the first thing Vermeil did was hire GROB who then tossed Donnie Edwards and pursued Denvers leftovers. The defense was doomed from that point forward.

And how about Greg Robinson at the Cuse? Took a respectable perennial bowl contender and made them into the worst team in the entire BCS. Pathetic.

HypnotizedMonkey
09-16-2007, 10:03 AM
Trent is awesome.

blueballs
09-16-2007, 10:18 AM
Trent's wife is awesome.

I agree

htismaqe
09-16-2007, 11:42 AM
And how about Greg Robinson at the Cuse? Took a respectable perennial bowl contender and made them into the worst team in the entire BCS. Pathetic.

To be fair, they weren't any good with Robinson arrived. He's just done nothing to make them better.

Kind of like when he was here.

Dylan
09-16-2007, 12:52 PM
"It's over, and we're moving on," Belichick said. "

I would too if I was Belichick*. Did you ever a guilty person who wants to sit around and talk about it? lol

My question -- Why has the commissioner swept it under the rug? There's just too many coaches and players going public with their own stories that needs to be addressed. Did the films suddenly disappear? (insert smilie stirring the pot)

I'm mostly sure I read that NFL security films the crowd on gameday...

Can you post your own smilies? thanks