PDA

View Full Version : Now THIS is symmetry.

Rain Man
09-15-2007, 09:31 PM
About three weeks ago, I was in Newport News, Virginia. I had a very nice crab cake, and unfortunately got a bit of shell in it. PAIN! PAIN!

Coincidentally, I had a dentist appointment scheduled early the next week, so I went and got it checked out. No problem, just sore from the crunching.

Fast forward to now. I'm in Newport Beach, California. I just went to a seafood place and had bouillabaise (fish soup), which had a nice western Alaska crab in it, and lobster and a bunch of other stuff. I was enjoying it, and - crunch - PAIN! PAIN!

Same tooth, different Newport, same general crustacean, different coast. I sheared off about 20 percent of the tooth.

L.A. Chieffan
09-15-2007, 09:32 PM
I eat seafood all the time and that never happens to me. Bummer man.

Hammock Parties
09-15-2007, 09:34 PM
The first time I saw the name of the city "Newport News, Virginia," I thought it was a Nicholas Athan typo.

Skip Towne
09-15-2007, 09:35 PM
It seems like, ever since you hired DaFace, all you do is travel around. Shouldn't you stay and help him at least a little?

Rain Man
09-15-2007, 10:34 PM
It seems like, ever since you hired DaFace, all you do is travel around. Shouldn't you stay and help him at least a little?

He's the Michael Collins to my Buzz Aldrin.

listopencil
09-15-2007, 11:11 PM
I was born in Newport News, Virginia.

Thig Lyfe
09-15-2007, 11:13 PM
Stay away from Newports, dude.

Rain Man
09-15-2007, 11:14 PM
I was born in Newport News, Virginia.

I looked for the memorial, but I couldn't find it. Sorry.

Buehler445
09-16-2007, 01:22 AM
Sorry about your tooth dude. Stick to beef. Bones are big. You can see 'em;)

Kaylore
09-16-2007, 01:35 AM
That sucks. I've had several fillings and my Mother made sure we flossed and brushed as she was a dental assistant.

On an unrelated note, what's going on with GoChief's avatar? Did he lose another bet or is this another one of his moment-to-moment flip-flop stances?

Hammock Parties
09-16-2007, 01:58 AM
That sucks. I've had several fillings and my Mother made sure we flossed and brushed as she was a dental assistant.

On an unrelated note, what's going on with GoChief's avatar? Did he lose another bet or is this another one of his moment-to-moment flip-flop stances?

I didn't lose a bet. It's all in good fun, Mr. Kaylore.

blueballs
09-16-2007, 05:35 AM
A mouth full of mid-western crab
can't be a fun experience either

Braincase
09-16-2007, 07:06 AM
A mouth full of mid-western crab
can't be a fun experience either

You'd have to ask one of Skip's amorous liasons about that... or GOATSE.

Bwana
09-16-2007, 07:10 AM
Sorry about your tooth dude. Stick to beef. Bones are big. You can see 'em;)

:thumb:

BigMeatballDave
09-16-2007, 07:14 AM
I didn't lose a bet. It's all in good fun, Mr. Kaylore.Its not just good fun. Its dead-on-balls accurate...

BigMeatballDave
09-16-2007, 07:20 AM
I didn't lose a bet. It's all in good fun, Mr. Kaylore.Its not just good fun. Its dead-on-balls accurate...

BigMeatballDave
09-16-2007, 07:28 AM

stevieray
09-16-2007, 08:03 AM
....anywhere but Arrowhead.

stevieray
09-16-2007, 08:08 AM
....anywhere but Arrowhead.

stevieray
09-16-2007, 08:35 AM
...anywhere but Arrowhead.

stevieray
09-16-2007, 08:40 AM
...anywhere but Arrowhead.

Skip Towne
09-16-2007, 09:10 AM
You'd have to ask one of Skip's amorous liasons about that... or GOATSE.
Hey!!

Rain Man
09-19-2007, 01:05 PM
Dang. Dang, dang, dang.

I'm back home and went to the dentist. Without boring anybody with a bunch of details, the tooth is more or less history. I've got three options: a crown that won't last very long, a bridge that will require messing up a healthy tooth in front of it, or one of those titanium implants that sounds like it's going to be very unpleasant. The dentist is recommending that I do the implant.

Anyone got one of those? What can I expect? How bad is the process of getting it? Once it's done, do you not have to think about it any more? And does having a titanium rod in my mouth make me some sort of bionic eater, able to crush steel cable and stuff?

I'm bummed.

seclark
09-19-2007, 01:14 PM
go w/the crown. at your age, the rest of your teeth will be falling out before too long.

JohninGpt
09-19-2007, 01:17 PM
...does having a titanium rod in my mouth make me some sort of bionic eater, able to crush steel cable and stuff?
Think of Jaws from the Bond movies.

go bo
09-19-2007, 01:25 PM
Dang. Dang, dang, dang.

I'm back home and went to the dentist. Without boring anybody with a bunch of details, the tooth is more or less history. I've got three options: a crown that won't last very long, a bridge that will require messing up a healthy tooth in front of it, or one of those titanium implants that sounds like it's going to be very unpleasant. The dentist is recommending that I do the implant.

Anyone got one of those? What can I expect? How bad is the process of getting it? Once it's done, do you not have to think about it any more? And does having a titanium rod in my mouth make me some sort of bionic eater, able to crush steel cable and stuff?

I'm bummed.i have a crown that was installed in the mid-eighties...

never had a problem with it at all...

seclark
09-19-2007, 01:28 PM
i have a crown that was installed in the mid-eighties...

never had a problem with it at all...
i've had the same one for 12 years. i'm thinking rain man has a dentist that's trying to make a couple extra bucks.

Rain Man
09-19-2007, 01:32 PM
A crown was one of three options given to me. However, the twist to the story is that the broken tooth is a baby tooth. I never had a permanent tooth come into that location, so the baby tooth never fell out. I'd already been warned in previous visits that it's nearing the end of its life, so if I get a crown, apparently the tooth is going to eventually go the way of dinosaur in a few years anyway.

And I guess the dentist was right, since the picture tube just went out on the tooth.

Simply Red
09-19-2007, 01:45 PM
The first time I saw the name of the city "Newport News, Virginia," I thought it was a Nicholas Athan typo.
who is Nicholas Athan?

phobia's skidmark
09-19-2007, 01:59 PM
he is in the brown ring of fame along with you know who...