PDA

View Full Version : Darren McFadden

B_Ambuehl
09-16-2007, 01:51 AM
Is this guy good or what? I don't think I've ever seen anyone toy around with SEC defenses the way he does. I usually don't get too fired up about college running backs but this guy could really be something special. Hope he stays healthy and goes to a team that has a decent line to block for him.

HolmeZz
09-16-2007, 01:53 AM
He's got an extra gear once he hits the hole that I haven't seen before. Insanely explosive.

B_Ambuehl
09-16-2007, 02:11 AM
I've been trying to think of anyone I've ever seen who he reminds me of and I can't think of anyone. What impresses me is his ability to slash through the hole the way he does at 230 pounds. He bruises, but he doesn't move like a bruiser....more like an oversized slasher. He also seems to have a comfort level with the ball and an awareness of where he's going and what the defense is doing that is really uncommon. Marshall Faulk was kind of like that....not in running style, but when he got the ball he had an awareness about him that was really evident.

Hammock Parties
09-16-2007, 02:14 AM
Is McFadden really 230 pounds? He doesn't look it.

EDIT: He's listed at 205.

ChiefJustice
09-16-2007, 02:29 AM
He reminded me of a Barry Sanders type back on one play.

He just took all of the right angles to make Alabama's
defense look like it was standing in place.

Mecca
09-16-2007, 02:44 AM
It'll be nice when he's on the Cowboys next year.

Tribal Warfare
09-16-2007, 02:55 AM
He reminded me of a Barry Sanders type back on one play.

Gale Sayers

CupidStunt
09-16-2007, 05:14 AM

Why will it be "nice"?

What kind of a moronic comment is this?

Herzig
09-16-2007, 08:09 AM

There's a lot of rumors around here about that. Jerry Jones went to Arkansas and always comes back here to watch the Razorbacks. The Cowboys have 2 1st round picks next year since Cleveland and them swapped picks with the Brady Quinn deal. Here's the thing tho...the Cowboys have 2 very good RB's...but I think DMAC is something special...better than Adrian Peterson. Can the Cowboys resist if he's there? He's definitely a "franchise" back.

Hopefully, he'll win the Heisman if he stays healthy.

Herzig
09-16-2007, 08:10 AM

There's a lot of rumors around here about that. Jerry Jones played for Arkansas and always comes back here to watch the Razorbacks. The Cowboys have 2 1st round picks next year since Cleveland and them swapped picks with the Brady Quinn deal. Here's the thing tho...the Cowboys have 2 very good RB's...but I think DMAC is something special...better than Adrian Peterson. Can the Cowboys resist if he's there? He's definitely a "franchise" back.

Herzig
09-16-2007, 08:12 AM

There's a lot of rumors around here about that. Jerry Jones played for Arkansas and always comes back here to watch the Razorbacks. The Cowboys have 2 1st round picks next year since Cleveland and them swapped picks with the Brady Quinn deal. Here's the thing tho...the Cowboys have 2 very good RB's...but I think DMAC is something special...better than Adrian Peterson. Can the Cowboys resist if he's there? He's definitely a "franchise" back.

Herzig
09-16-2007, 08:19 AM

Mi_chief_fan
09-16-2007, 08:57 AM
He runs for tds, passes for tds and catches tds. Reminds me of LaDainian Tomlinson. Don't know if he's that good, but I think he's going to be a very good pro back. He's the most exciting player in college, imo.

Brock
09-16-2007, 09:15 AM
Why will it be "nice"?

What kind of a moronic comment is this?

It was just an excuse for him to say he knows the Cowboys are interested in him.