PDA

View Full Version : "World" Champions ???

damaticous
09-16-2007, 10:02 AM
I've been hearing the term "World Champions" being thrown around a lot lately when refereeing to the Colts.

How are they "WORLD" Champions? I don't recall them playing anyone in the CFL or EFL, or any other football leagues.

Kind of the same thing with Baseball. "World Series"....? United States baseball teams don't play the Japan teams......do they?

So how can Super Bowel and/or World Series winners be called "WORLD CHAMPIONS"?

Lonewolf Ed
09-16-2007, 10:11 AM
Groan.

Sure-Oz
09-16-2007, 10:23 AM
Yeah i agree with what you are saying as well....my gf was talking about that all weekend how she's heard that alot lately.

blueballs
09-16-2007, 10:29 AM
What is a All-Pro player

Rain Man
09-16-2007, 11:16 AM
We can't agree with the Australians on the rules.

Skip Towne
09-16-2007, 11:37 AM
We can't agree with the Australians on the rules.
We should introduce American Football to primitive tribesmen. It would promote world peace.

Rain Man
09-16-2007, 11:44 AM
We should introduce American Football to primitive tribesmen. It would promote world peace.

I've often thought that myself.

dj56dt58
09-16-2007, 11:45 AM
well I'm pretty sure any US championship team involving the NFL, NBA, or MLB could kick the shit out of any team in the world. The Bulls tried this back in the 90s and played a championship team from another country and it wasn't even a game...

Casey Printers CFL team could probably beat the Chiefs, but not the Colts

Buck
09-16-2007, 11:48 AM
I've been hearing the term "World Champions" being thrown around a lot lately when refereeing to the Colts.

How are they "WORLD" Champions? I don't recall them playing anyone in the CFL or EFL, or any other football leagues.

Kind of the same thing with Baseball. "World Series"....? United States baseball teams don't play the Japan teams......do they?

So how can Super Bowel and/or World Series winners be called "WORLD CHAMPIONS"?

Because you touch yourself.