PDA

View Full Version : Alternate Universe: Would The Chiefs Have Started Manning?

FAX
09-16-2007, 12:31 PM
As I sit here watching Manning rip the Tacks a new one, I can't help but wonder ... you know, Manning didn't exactly look like an MVP in his first year with the Colts. In fact, he was pretty awful statistics-wise.

He came out of college as a highly regarded pick, obviously. But, do think that, had the Chiefs drafted Manning, would they have started him as a rookie?

FAX

Disclaimers: Sorry if re-post.

Simplex3
09-16-2007, 12:34 PM
Hell no. We would have started some tool that had been a career backup.

Thig Lyfe
09-16-2007, 12:36 PM
We would have drafted Ryan Leaf.

Reerun_KC
09-16-2007, 12:40 PM
Nope and the fans would of rejoiced when the savy vet backup was introduced at the starter, so manning could learn the ropes....

ROFL

ChiefsCountry
09-16-2007, 01:03 PM
Remember at that time we thought we were close to the Super Bowl and QB was our missing piece. They did go with Grbac over Gannon, the younger more talented player over the savvy vet.

dj56dt58
09-16-2007, 01:29 PM
He would still be our 3rd stringer

Mr. Laz
09-16-2007, 01:35 PM
would anthony gonzalez be "behind" with the Chiefs while Dwayne Bowe would be starting in the slot for the Colts?

Defense is about the Athletes .... Offense is about the scheme/coaching.

teedubya
09-16-2007, 01:39 PM
yeah, like sportracer said, we would have drafted Ryan Leaf. That is how sad we are.

Hootie
09-16-2007, 01:41 PM
I think Manning and Croyle are a little different...

FAX
09-16-2007, 01:46 PM

Of course they are, Mr. Hootie. Brodie has a hot wife while Manning likes guys and a barnyard animal whenever he can find one.

In our alternate universe, however, if the Chiefs were in the exact, same situation as the Colts, I just wonder whether or not the Chiefs would have started Manning as a rookie, that's all.

I think not.

FAX

Hootie
09-16-2007, 01:47 PM
Of course they are, Mr. Hootie. Brodie has a hot wife while Manning likes guys and a barnyard animal whenever he can find one.

In our alternate universe, however, if the Chiefs were in the exact, same situation as the Colts, I just wonder whether or not the Chiefs would have started Manning as a rookie, that's all.

I think not.

FAX
I think they would have, for sure.

Mr. Laz
09-16-2007, 01:47 PM
the coaching is more than a little different

Dunit35
09-16-2007, 01:49 PM
They wouldn't have. I think that Vermiel might have but no way would Herm.

BWillie
09-16-2007, 01:57 PM
They wouldn't have. I think that Vermiel might have but no way would Herm.

I totally disagree. Dick hated rookies. He wouldn't let them get on the field. Herm does everything in his power to get our rooks in. Look at Pollard, Page, Tank, Turk, DBo, Jeff Webb etc. Mainly on offense was where Dick would not let rooks play, no matter who Dick would of got, I don't think he would of started anybody immediately because it was a complex offensive scheme.