PDA

View Full Version : Bottom line of today's game

Thig Lyfe
09-16-2007, 05:30 PM
The defense forced turnovers, and the offense did nothing with them.

This is a game that the Chiefs should have won. Or, at the very least, they should have been in position to win on the last drive. But instead, the offense let down the defense time after time, resulting in a loss.

Discuss.

Megbert
09-16-2007, 05:32 PM
Is HuTARDS QB rating above 50 still?

FAX
09-16-2007, 05:32 PM
All I have to say is that we seem to like the short passing game a little bit too much, maybe.

FAX

bobbything
09-16-2007, 05:33 PM
All I have to say is that we seem to like the short passing game a little bit too much, maybe.

FAX
Unless it's 3rd and inches.

eazyb81
09-16-2007, 05:33 PM
The first two games of this season have given me disturbing flashbacks to the Paul Hackett/Jimmy Raye days.

Shudder......

FringeNC
09-16-2007, 05:35 PM
What's the goal of the coaching staff? To cover the point spread? To maximize Huard's QB rating? What exactly? It certainly isn't winning football games or building for the future.

blueballs
09-16-2007, 05:36 PM
Huard is a nice back up
maybe top 5 in the league
we need Brodie

TEX
09-16-2007, 06:13 PM
The first two games of this season have given me disturbing flashbacks to the Paul Hackett/Jimmy Raye days.

Shudder......

Herm feels right at home sice he hired BOTH to run his offense while with the Jets. :shake:

Simplex3
09-16-2007, 06:16 PM
Herm feels right at home sice he hired BOTH to run his offense while with the Jets. :shake:
:cuss:

blueballs
09-16-2007, 06:17 PM
Jared Allen's return could be huge
the guy is a playmaker
time to earn that future big payday JA

tk13
09-16-2007, 06:21 PM
Special teams is what I'm concerned about. Everybody is gonna talk about the offense and defense all week. Special teams lost us the game today. I was really disappointed, we gotta get better in all phases of special teams.

Extra Point
09-16-2007, 06:22 PM

FAX

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JN99jshaQbY"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JN99jshaQbY" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

boogblaster
09-16-2007, 06:26 PM
We lost a very winable game .. ST and short-passing cost us a win .. Huard is a very good back-up..but we need some downfield passing ...Croyle has to be injected soon ... The D played as good as any in the NFL period .....

RustShack
09-16-2007, 06:27 PM
The defense is much improved, and should only get better with Allen coming back. Croyle CAN reserect the offense, it might take time, but he is much better suited to do it than Huard is. I was in a HORRIBLE mood during a lot of the game, but Croyle coming in put a huge smile on my face. I was very impressed with how he performed too.

TEX
09-16-2007, 06:31 PM
Special teams is what I'm concerned about. Everybody is gonna talk about the offense and defense all week. Special teams lost us the game today. I was really disappointed, we gotta get better in all phases of special teams.

Yep. It wasn't just Dante. In fact, we've taken a step backwards when we traded him. There's way more going on there. With the Chiefs offense so bad, we can't afford horrible Special Teams play because we have no chance. You're right, it's KILLING us. :cuss:

KCinNY
09-16-2007, 06:32 PM
Bottom line: We just needed to get 4 more of Herm's precious field goals and we would have won.

blueballs
09-16-2007, 06:35 PM
several rookie mistakes today
Turk laughed it up with Grossman
good sign IMO

Third Eye
09-16-2007, 06:38 PM
Yep. It wasn't just Dante. In fact, we've taken a step backwards when we traded him. There's way more going on there. With the Chiefs offense so bad, we can't afford horrible Special Teams play because we have no chance. You're right, it's KILLING us. :cuss:
I'm guessing you didn't watch the Rams game.

tk13
09-16-2007, 06:41 PM
Well, considering the draft pick we got for him, I don't think it was a bad trade at all. But I always thought it wasn't his fault he got stuck dancing around, we don't block anybody on returns. We still don't, Dante's just too small to be a Tim Dwight kamikaze returner. Drummond actually did a good job turning nothing into something a couple times today.

PinkFloyd
09-16-2007, 06:44 PM

Shudder......

I've said it over and over... It's the 90's allllllll over again... Defense does pretty well, but the offense just doesn't have it in them to score 20 points... :shake:

Dave Lane
09-16-2007, 07:40 PM
yep

ChiefsCountry
09-16-2007, 07:43 PM
Basically it came down to the two things Herm preaches about - turnovers and penalties. We were on the wrong side of both.

the Talking Can
09-16-2007, 07:44 PM

which gets back to coaching...we make a lot of mental mistakes

aside from the D, we don't look like a well coached team

the Talking Can
09-16-2007, 07:46 PM
I also don't think the offense believes in the system they're running...it looks like they know most plays are doomed

InChiefsHeaven
09-16-2007, 07:47 PM
I didn't see the game, how long was Croyle in for and how did he look? Also, how many yards did LJ get?

BigMeatballDave
09-16-2007, 07:51 PM
Special teams is what I'm concerned about. Everybody is gonna talk about the offense and defense all week. Special teams lost us the game today. I was really disappointed, we gotta get better in all phases of special teams.That motion penalty on the flea-flicker sure didn't help matters...

HonestChieffan
09-16-2007, 07:53 PM

Shudder......

You are not alone.

Crashride
09-16-2007, 07:54 PM
Special teams and penalties killed us...end of story we faced one of the best defenses in the game and held our own. We need more solid play from the special teams before we can beat a team like the bears. All in all I thought we played well

RedThat
Bottom line of todays game.

Missed opportunities. we had a few of them late in the game that killed our chances of winning.

Blocked field goal, the interception in the endzone, the illegal shift penalty that took away Bowe's touchdown, the fumble by Bennett late in the game, etc.

Other that that, we were in this game.

BigMeatballDave
I didn't see the game, how long was Croyle in for and how did he look? Also, how many yards did LJ get?LJ had 16 carries for 55yrds. Brodie was 4 for 4. Watching Croyle come in seemed as if I was watching the game in slow-mo with Huards floaters...

ChiefsCountry
I didn't see the game, how long was Croyle in for and how did he look? Also, how many yards did LJ get?

One drive at the end. Got nailed the first play. And then went 4 for 4, then Bennett fumbled ending the drive. Croyle made a very nice deep pass to Webb.

the Talking Can
09-16-2007, 07:55 PM

Croyle was in 1 series

4-4 58 yards, crisp fast passes, one great deep ball

they were selling out on the blitz, he got sacked on his first play

imo, he provided a spark and looked excited...his arm is electric

BigMeatballDave
09-16-2007, 07:56 PM
Bottom line of todays game.

Missed opportunities. we had a few of them late in the game that killed our chances of winning.

Blocked field goal, the interception in the endzone, the illegal shift penalty that took away Bowe's touchdown, the fumble by Bennett late in the game, etc.

Other that that, we were in this game.Yup. VERY winnable game. Just too many stupid mistakes.

RedThat
which gets back to coaching...we make a lot of mental mistakes

aside from the D, we don't look like a well coached team

I agree.

FAX
I also don't think the offense believes in the system they're running...it looks like they know most plays are doomed

I've been thinking a lot about this lately. You have to wonder how the veterans (who played on one of the most feared offenses in the league) feel about the middle-run / short-pass philosophy.

In last year's playoff game, the futility of the offense was palpable.

FAX