PDA

View Full Version : FFL trade... would you?

wutamess
09-16-2007, 06:42 PM
I usually don't do these but this guy wants Antonio Gates so bad he actually called my bluff.

I have Gates & E. Johnson as my TE's.

He first offered Bush but I have...
E. James, M. Lynch, T. Bell, B. Jackson, D. Ward

So I told him I'd do the trade if he gave me A. Peterson (Min)

Would you guys do that considering my only TE option is E. Johnson.
No one on the waiver wire worth picking up.

His TE's are Pollard & R. McMichael.

chop
09-16-2007, 06:45 PM
How many of each position do you have to start? Is this a ppr league? Is it a keeper league?

Third Eye
09-16-2007, 06:46 PM
Don't do it. Rookie running backs never finish strong, they just aren't used to the workload. It's a decent trade for the short run, but at the end of the season (when it matters) you'll wish you hadn't.

wutamess
09-16-2007, 06:47 PM
How many of each position do you have to start? Is this a ppr league? Is it a keeper league?

1QB, 2 RB, 3WR, 1TE, K, D
PPR?
We repick every year.

chop
09-16-2007, 06:49 PM
ppr = point per reception

wutamess
09-16-2007, 06:50 PM
Don't do it. Rookie running backs never finish strong, they just aren't used to the workload. It's a decent trade for the short run, but at the end of the season (when it matters) you'll wish you hadn't.

But I looked up Gates scoring in the league last year he totalled 134pts. which matches the total for the season for a back like Ronnie Brown.

Now I think Peterson will end up being more like a Warrick Dunn 100 pts (at the least) or Westbrook 280 pts (top end)

wutamess
09-16-2007, 06:51 PM
ppr = point per reception
No but there's a bonus for 100 yards rec or rushing

Third Eye
09-16-2007, 06:54 PM
But I looked up Gates scoring in the league last year he totalled 134pts. which matches the total for the season for a back like Ronnie Brown.

Now I think Peterson will end up being more like a Warrick Dunn 100 pts (at the least) or Westbrook 280 pts (top end)
I guess I should have asked if it is a total points league or a head to head league. In a head to head league it pays to finish strong.

wutamess
09-16-2007, 06:58 PM
It's a head to head league.
Should I counter Gates for T. Henry (his #1 RB)?

Third Eye
09-16-2007, 07:12 PM
It's a head to head league.
Should I counter Gates for T. Henry (his #1 RB)?
That is definitely a little more tempting. Henry not going to set any TD records, but in Denver's scheme he is going to rack up yards on a week in, week out basis. I would be surprised if he gave you that deal, but I might think on it if he did.