PDA

View Full Version : I was wrong

Dr. Johnny Fever
09-16-2007, 07:28 PM
I was in the start Huard camp at the beginning of the season. While I only saw one quarter of today's game it's obvious this years Huard isn't the same as last years. With our anemic play calling he's only being asked to manage the game but it doesn't look to me like he's doing it very well.

A Charger fan friend of mine told me Croyle looked good today. So I'm convinced... start the kid. We literally have nothing to lose.

Maybe he can provide a spark that we desperately need. If not, at least we'll know if we need Brian Brohm.

Brodie or bust from here on out.

Feel free to gloat.

Simply Red
09-16-2007, 07:32 PM
Totally agree.

blueballs
09-16-2007, 07:33 PM
I still believe starting Huard was the right move
I don't won't Brodie thinking he was gifted the job
I still have hope this is best in the long run -Brodie with in 4 weeks

Simply Red
09-16-2007, 07:33 PM
Where's Frankie?

Start the list Frank...

Hammock Parties
09-16-2007, 07:35 PM
There's nothing wrong with Huard. He's making the throws he's being told to make. My only criticism right now is how he likes to duck and cover at the first sign of pressure more often than not.

KcMizzou
09-16-2007, 07:36 PM
Croyle to Bowe... It's the future.

Might as well start now.

Dunit35
09-16-2007, 07:39 PM
It be stupid for them not to start Croyle now. But then again, that's what the front office is, stupid.

Just say it wasn't Huard's bad play that resulted in it and say he got hurt today and is doubtful for next week.

Dr. Johnny Fever
09-16-2007, 07:39 PM
My only criticism right now is how he likes to duck and cover at the first sign of pressure more often than not.
Another reason to go with Croyle.

BigMeatballDave
09-16-2007, 07:45 PM
There's nothing wrong with Huard. He's making the throws he's being told to make. My only criticism right now is how he likes to duck and cover at the first sign of pressure more often than not.His progressions are way too slow. His release is slow. His passes, are well, as Can put it so nicely in another thread, "He looks like he is trying to throw paper."

GarySpFc
09-16-2007, 07:45 PM
There's nothing wrong with Huard. He's making the throws he's being told to make. My only criticism right now is how he likes to duck and cover at the first sign of pressure more often than not.

Nah, there is nothing wrong with Huard's passes if you like wobbly one yard swing passes, or ruptured ducks going 10 yards downfield.

OnTheWarpath15
09-16-2007, 07:48 PM
Nah, there is nothing wrong with Huard's passes if you like wobbly one yard swing passes, or ruptured ducks going 10 yards downfield.

One of his "wobbly" swing passes fell 5 yards short of LJ and killed a drive.

Overthrowing in the PS, underthrowing in the regular season.

And when you add it all up? 13 points in 2 games.

Time for a change. It was overdue two weeks ago.

OnTheWarpath15
09-16-2007, 07:50 PM
His progressions are way too slow. His release is slow. His passes, are well, as Can put it so nicely in another thread, "He looks like he is trying to throw paper."

Dave, to use the word "progressions" he would actually have to look at more than one receiver. The only time he looks elsewhere is when the play is designed to "look off" the defenders, like the big gain to Bigfoot.

FAX
09-16-2007, 07:51 PM
Glad to hear it, Mr. beer me.

Brodie was leading quite a two-minute drill there at the end ... until the Bennett fumble, anyway. All that horrid pressure by playing on the road and all seemed to have little effect on the former Tide quarterback.

FAX

Hammock Parties
09-16-2007, 07:53 PM
One of his "wobbly" swing passes fell 5 yards short of LJ and killed a drive.

Overthrowing in the PS, underthrowing in the regular season.

And when you add it all up? 13 points in 2 games.

Time for a change. It was overdue two weeks ago.

It's not gonna get better with Brodie in. The outs will just be louder. Instead of grounding out to shortstop we're gonna start hitting 350-foot fly balls.

I'm not gonna judge EITHER quarterback until the running game starts producing. It's completely unfair to jump the gun at this point.

ChiefsCountry
09-16-2007, 07:56 PM
All that horrid pressure by playing on the road and all seemed to have little effect on the former Tide quarterback.

FAX

Considering how nuts also these SEC stadiums are its not like he hasnt experienced it.

FAX
09-16-2007, 08:01 PM
Considering how nuts also these SEC stadiums are its not like he hasnt experienced it.

ROFL

Yep. I think that, after the last round of renovations, Tennessee's Neyland Stadium holds about 500,000 people, Mr. ChiefsCountry. And most of them throw sh*t.

FAX

OnTheWarpath15
09-16-2007, 08:03 PM
It's not gonna get better with Brodie in. The outs will just be louder. Instead of grounding out to shortstop we're gonna start hitting 350-foot fly balls.

I'm not gonna judge EITHER quarterback until the running game starts producing. It's completely unfair to jump the gun at this point.

Who's jumping the gun?

I've wanted Brodie since Day 1.

If we're gonna lose, I wanna lose with the kid. Either he has it, and we have our QBOTF, or he doesn't, and we have to look elsewhere.

But spinning our wheels with a 34 year old rag arm that defenses can stack the line against because they know he's starting with the checkdown.....

Pointless.

Go back and we-watch the game. There were more than a few occasions where Huard could have gained decent yardage, but threw to the checkdown without looking anywhere else.

There was one pass to Wilson that resulted in a 1 yard gain, meanwhile Parker is running across the middle of the field with no one near him. Would have been a easy 1st down. We've already discussed him missing a wide open Gonzalez last week for the TD on the first drive.

Instead, we get trapped in our own end, punt, and give up 3 points because of field position.

kregger
09-16-2007, 08:14 PM
This is the part of the tape I am looking forward to watching. I maintain that Huard starts the Minn game and doesn't see the 2nd half.

Smed1065
09-16-2007, 08:15 PM
Surprise?

Dr. Johnny Fever
09-16-2007, 08:16 PM

Brodie indeed may not have it. However it's obvious Huard doesn't. Get Croyles growing pains started so we can get them over. Like I said, we literally have nothing to lose. We're 0-2. There is no future in Huard. There may be in Croyle. Time to start finding out.

Ever think that just maybe having a QB in there that CAN throw down the field just MIGHT open up the run game too?

Smed1065
09-16-2007, 08:16 PM
Wow i appreciate ass holes that jump after half time.

LOL

Loser.

BigMeatballDave
09-16-2007, 08:18 PM
I'm not gonna judge EITHER quarterback until the running game starts producing. It's completely unfair to jump the gun at this point.There is no running game because they know Huard sucks. Stack the box, play the run and MAKE Huard beat them. Its tough to get any momentum in the running game when you are always playing catch-up. Huard sucks, dude. Get off his jock...

Hammock Parties
09-16-2007, 08:19 PM
Ever think that just maybe having a QB in there that CAN throw down the field just MIGHT open up the run game too?

Huard's capable of throwing down the field. I'm telling you, even if Brodie is in there, nothing's going to change. Except more turnovers, perhaps.

Dr. Johnny Fever
09-16-2007, 08:19 PM
Wow i appreciate ass holes that jump after half time.

LOL

Loser.
Are you speaking english? I swear I can't understand a word you're saying.

If you're referring to my watching one quarter and no more, I had a four hour drive home to make. Watching football wasn't the most important thing.

Hammock Parties
09-16-2007, 08:21 PM
There is no running game because they know Huard sucks. Stack the box, play the run and MAKE Huard beat them. Its tough to get any momentum in the running game with you are always playing catch-up. Huard sucks, dude. Get off his jock...

This has nothing to do with me riding Huard's jock. I know he's limited. I just don't think he's the problem right now.

I better shut up because I'm writing about this tomorrow. :D

movinbones

How is the running game going to get better when we are playing against 10 players with in 3 yards of the line of scrimmage???

Dr. Johnny Fever
Huard's capable of throwing down the field. I'm telling you, even if Brodie is in there, nothing's going to change. Except more turnovers, perhaps.
And if he does without learning from his mistakes... then we'll know. As usual you're and idiot.

Megbert
09-16-2007, 08:22 PM
Need to see what the Croyle can do. We all know Huard is not a 'game manager' if he was well he wouldn't be 1 td - 3 ints. Yea receiver should of caught one and blah blah blah. Oh 5-5 record as a starter I think.

So yea Croyle will make some mistakes but what QB hasn't? If he grows as a player this year that'd mean our 1st round draft pick could go to an area of need. If he gets to start and then sucks, the Chiefs will know if they need to draft a QB with that first pick.

He's not gonna learn much holding a clipboard. Then again look how 11 years of clipboard holding worked out for Huard. He did get a couple SB rings. SO I guess since he's a champion he should continue to start.

Dr. Johnny Fever
09-16-2007, 08:23 PM
I better shut up because I'm writing about this tomorrow. :D
Oh boy, can't wait.

BigMeatballDave
Huard's capable of throwing down the field. I'm telling you, even if Brodie is in there, nothing's going to change. Except more turnovers, perhaps.Hey, McFly! WE ARE NOT WINNING SHIT WITH HUARD. We need to get Croyle some playing time to se if he's worth keeping for the future. Jesus H. Christ. How many times does this need to be repeated?

Hammock Parties
Oh boy, can't wait.

I think you'll enjoy it. I'm gonna go off on the Chiefs as long as this bullshit continues.

Smed1065
09-16-2007, 08:24 PM

If you're referring to my watching one quarter and no more, I had a four hour drive home to make. Watching football wasn't the most important thing.

Do you speak football.
Guess not.

Congrats.

Smed1065
09-16-2007, 08:25 PM

If you're referring to my watching one quarter and no more, I had a drive home to make. Watching football wasn't the most important thing.

I guess you saw the future?

LOL

Sorry for stating the the results!

kregger
09-16-2007, 08:26 PM
I think you'll enjoy it. I'm gonna go off on the Chiefs as long as this bullshit continues.
Oh come on GC. Everyone will be tearing the Chiefs up. You should write the positive, uplifting LJ is gonna run for 200+ type article.

Skip Towne
09-16-2007, 08:31 PM
Oh boy, can't wait.
Yeah, we're all on the edge of our seat.

cdcox

In two games Huard has averaged 5.1 and 6.3 yards per attempt. Those numbers are not impressive.

Croyle averaged 13.3 today. The sample size on Croyle is too small, but there is no denying Croyle has a better downfield arm. I'm willing to risk those turnovers to at least be moving foward as a franchise. By moving forward I mean developing Croyle or seeing that we need to draft a QB in '08. Croyle throws better off his back foot (his first completion today) than Huard does when he steps into it. There is no comparison.

It's okay to admit that some Chiefs players aren't very good.

Dr. Johnny Fever
Hey, McFly! WE ARE NOT WINNING SHIT WITH HUARD. We need to get Croyle some playing time to se if he's worth keeping for the future. Jesus H. Christ. How many times does this need to be repeated?
Gocockhunger can't see the forest for the trees. But he's a professional writer.

Dr. Johnny Fever
09-16-2007, 08:32 PM
I promise I'll enjoy not reading it.

Dr. Johnny Fever
09-16-2007, 08:33 PM
Do you speak football.
Guess not.

Congrats.
No congrats to you. Your presence has kept GC from being the biggest loser on the thread.

Hammock Parties
09-16-2007, 08:36 PM
I promise I'll enjoy not reading it.

You're cranky these days...

Hammock Parties
09-16-2007, 08:37 PM
In two games Huard has averaged 5.1 and 6.3 yards per attempt. Those numbers are not impressive.

I agree. But I don't think Huard is at the root cause of those numbers.

Dr. Johnny Fever
09-16-2007, 08:38 PM
You're cranky these days...
Just tired of all the bullshit. That's why I haven't been on much lately. Life has enough bullshit in it without getting a triple dose here too.

Rasputin
09-16-2007, 08:40 PM
I'm going to gloat :) , I've been in Croyle camp since we drafted him. I'm very exited for him to get to play today.

Huard, I have some mixed feelings about him cus he threw the ball down field and that is what I've been wanting him to do so it's ok now. Yet he isn't a playmaker QB. We have to start taking chances down field in the first half and even first Quarter of play. Play Action Pass <-- I saw other teams do it today and they scored, wow what a difference play calling can make.

It was good that Croyle got in the game to show how good he can be. He took a sack then came back with some very nice downfield passes.
Croyle doe's bring another demension to the game he is mobile and has a cannon arm. He stood in the pocket and made crisp desisions with the ball.

Hammock Parties
09-16-2007, 08:41 PM
I like how Brodie's bomb was thrown off his back foot.... :D

cdcox
09-16-2007, 08:44 PM
I like how Brodie's bomb was thrown off his back foot.... :D

I do too. He has talent that Huard will never have. If he gets the mental part right and stays healthy (two big ifs), there is no limit.

Megbert
09-16-2007, 08:45 PM
I liked how Huard didn't hit the receiver in stride that is if the pass was even close to the receiver.

munkey
09-16-2007, 08:50 PM

ROFL

Your such a freak'n tool...