PDA

View Full Version : Scouting the Vikings...

Hammock Parties
09-16-2007, 10:26 PM
Tavaris Jackson threw 4 INT today. Adrian Peterson was held to 66 yards on 20 carries. All this against the LIONS.

I feel pretty good about our chances next week.

The bad news: Minnesota has allowed only 152 yards rushing in two games combined.

ChiefsCountry
09-16-2007, 10:28 PM
Whats the stat for first time starting quarterbacks at Arrowhead?

Hammock Parties
09-16-2007, 10:34 PM
Just noticed that they yanked Tavaris Jackson, too. For Brooks Bollinger. Yikes.

EDIT: Groin injury, not yanked.

Reaper16
09-16-2007, 10:40 PM
Vikings run D was insane good last year.
For a run-based offense, we're not getting the ideal matchups so far this season.

Ceej
09-16-2007, 10:41 PM
Can't turn the ball over.

Vikings D got a nose for the endzone.

I'll be there in my DBowe jersey - full force baby.

I guess we're tailgating with Cargill?

Shag
09-16-2007, 10:45 PM
The Vikes are a lot like the Chiefs - 2nd year coach, good defense, bad offense, young QB (*crosses fingers*). MN has the edge on defense, and KC has the edge on offense (scary thought).

The MN game would be a great time to start Croyle, as we're going to have to throw the ball. A lot. The Vikings have a great rush defense (#1 last year), but can't defend the pass to save their lives (#32 last year). They seem to have developed a pretty good pass rush this season, which is bad news for Huard - Croyle seems more composed under pressure, and is a lot more mobile. Croyle also seems to make his reads faster, which will be helpful.

If you're going to make a change to a young QB, this would be a great time to do it. He'll make his share of mistakes under pressure, but he also has a great chance to shred a porous pass defense...

Deberg_1990
09-16-2007, 10:52 PM
I wouldnt be surprised if the Vikes picked up Leftwich this week....

Buehler445
09-16-2007, 10:58 PM
The Vikes are a lot like the Chiefs - 2nd year coach, good defense, bad offense, young QB (*crosses fingers*). MN has the edge on defense, and KC has the edge on offense (scary thought).

The MN game would be a great time to start Croyle, as we're going to have to throw the ball. A lot. The Vikings have a great rush defense (#1 last year), but can't defend the pass to save their lives (#32 last year). They seem to have developed a pretty good pass rush this season, which is bad news for Huard - Croyle seems more composed under pressure, and is a lot more mobile. Croyle also seems to make his reads faster, which will be helpful.

If you're going to make a change to a young QB, this would be a great time to do it. He'll make his share of mistakes under pressure, but he also has a great chance to shred a porous pass defense...

Agreed. Croyle needs to start.

KcMizzou
09-16-2007, 10:59 PM
Agreed. Croyle needs to start.Amen!

bringbackmarty
09-17-2007, 12:12 AM
no leftwich does for us, at left tackle.

Direckshun
09-17-2007, 12:14 AM
You tend to have a good run defense when both of your starting DTs are Pro Bowlers.

They have ridiculous talent on the DL, but that's about it.

Mecca
09-17-2007, 12:30 AM
We still have nothing that compares to Shaun Rogers or Cory Redding on our interior line......

Peterson also put up 50 receiving so over 100 total....

That isn't the issue though, the issue is everything Minnesota is great at on defense is what the Chiefs can only do..expect a lot of 3 and outs.