PDA

View Full Version : home opener

J Diddy
09-17-2007, 02:36 AM
I Just bid on 2 tickets for the home opener with which I hope to win and take my 5 year old who loves the chiefs. I plan on having a great day with my boy, how should I kill the jerk next to me who keeps dropping the f bomb in front of my child.

please suggestions

Smed1065
09-17-2007, 02:39 AM
anti-freeze?

in his "free" drink.

J Diddy
09-17-2007, 02:41 AM
anti-freeze?

in his "free" drink.

see that is good

I would have never thought of that

I'll tell him it's a free apple martini

luv
09-17-2007, 02:50 AM
see that is good

I would have never thought of that

I'll tell him it's a free apple martini
Vodka and Midori. Put down a few guys at the bash this year.

Smed1065
09-17-2007, 02:53 AM
Vodka and Midori. Put down a few guys at the bash this year.

See, you do remember some things.

MGRS13
09-17-2007, 07:16 AM
Last I checked he had a right to be there too. If you are afraid of your son hearing the f bomb you shouldn't take him to game. This year more then ever.

stevieray
09-17-2007, 07:18 AM
before the game, they tell the fans that they expect a fun, famly atmosphere and to report people who are inconsiderate to those around them.

The Bad Guy
09-17-2007, 07:20 AM
Last I checked he had a right to be there too. If you are afraid of your son hearing the f bomb you shouldn't take him to game. This year more then ever.

That's bullshit.

If you are in the presence of a youngster, have the common decency to not be a complete scum and try to have some self control so the kid could have enjoyable day with his dad.

MGRS13
09-17-2007, 07:24 AM
That's bullshit.

If you are in the presence of a youngster, have the common decency to not be a complete scum and try to have some self control so the kid could have enjoyable day with his dad.I'm not saying to cuss a bunch in front of kids. I'm just saying it's gonna happen at a chiefs game and if you dont want to hear it you shouldnt take him because its gonna happen.

ChiTown
09-17-2007, 07:31 AM
I'm not saying to cuss a bunch in front of kids. I'm just saying it's gonna happen at a chiefs game and if you dont want to hear it you shouldn't take him because its gonna happen.

There is a lot of truth to that. I give my kids the same speech I always give before we go to a sporting event. "You are going to hear all sorts of things you don't hear around the house. You are not allowed to repeat those things - ever. The moment I hear those words repeated, is the moment we stop going to the games."

Works like a charm.....

DaKCMan AP
09-17-2007, 07:34 AM
I learned my first cuss word at Arrowhead stadium when I was 5. We were playing the raiduhs and some guys sitting near us were wearing shirts with the silver and black team's helmets on them. Above the helmet was a 4-letter word beginning with F.

See, you don't just have to worry about him "hearing" foul language. :)

Phobia
09-17-2007, 07:35 AM
Wow. I just ask any offenders around me to watch the language in a respectful way. I've never had a problem.

DaKCMan AP
09-17-2007, 07:41 AM
There is a lot of truth to that. I give my kids the same speech I always give before we go to a sporting event. "You are going to hear all sorts of things you don't hear around the house. You are not allowed to repeat those things - ever. The moment I hear those words repeated, is the moment we stop going to the games."

Works like a charm.....

When I was younger it was explained to me that inside the stadium was the ONLY place where those words were ok. Seemed to work fine.

dtebbe
09-17-2007, 08:15 AM
I've found that my 8 year old totally ignores cuss words when they are used as adjetives. But if they are a noun, forget about it. For example:

Hey ref, you are a fu&king retard. - goes in one ear and out the other

Hey ref, you stupid fu&k - Daddy, what is a fu&k?

I like the idea about letting them know up front they don't repeat anything they hear in the stadium. I would say once they are 8 or 9 that will work. But I wouldn't bet on it during the "tape recorder" years 3-6.

DT

Iowanian
09-17-2007, 08:19 AM
I think you have to understand when you take a child to an event filled with emotionally charged adults, many of whom are drinking beer, your kid is going to be exposed to some things.

I think, before the game, you should have a frank discussion with your kid, explaining that he's going to see and hear inappropriate things, and that you expect that he's a big enough boy to understand that he can not repeat those things.

If someone near you is going way overboard.....early on, maybe you could just politely ask them to tone it down.

Some folks wouldn't be aware how much cursing they were doing, appologize and be more aware.....some assholes will tell you to fist your mother.

My brother has a pretty good policy with his boys about when they're doing "man stuff". If they're with us working cows, they can spit......last year, while camping, he tells the 6 year old...."we're doing man stuff.....if you want to say 1 dirty word, go ahead"....

The kid thinks about it, and while we're expecting a "shit"....the night calm was destroyed by a "FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKEEEEEEEER!"

That kid really, really took advantage of his free pass.

FloridaMan88
09-17-2007, 08:20 AM
how should I kill the jerk next to me who keeps dropping the f bomb in front of my child.
please suggestions

Give him a tape of the 2007 Chiefs offense. That should put him in a deep coma.

ChiTown
09-17-2007, 08:24 AM
My brother has a pretty good policy with his boys about when they're doing "man stuff". If they're with us working cows, they can spit......last year, while camping, he tells the 6 year old...."we're doing man stuff.....if you want to say 1 dirty word, go ahead"....

The kid thinks about it, and while we're expecting a "shit"....the night calm was destroyed by a "FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKEEEEEEEER!"

ROFL . My guts hurts...........thanks.

The Bad Guy
09-17-2007, 08:35 AM
Give him a tape of the 2007 Chiefs offense. That should put him in a deep coma.

Or just a copy of your posts from here, that would probably make him laugh hysterically.

Mr. Kotter
09-17-2007, 09:31 AM
Wow. I just ask any offenders around me to watch the language in a respectful way. I've never had a problem.

Yup. "Hey guys, I appreciate the passion...but can we clean it up a bit?," as I point to my kid.

I use that in conjunction with Chitown's suggestion. :thumb:

InChiefsHeaven
09-17-2007, 09:43 AM
Last year me and a buddy went down for the 49ers game. I don't know what happened, but my buddy was pretty liquored up (he was going through a nasty divorce) and dropped an F-Bomb. He was asked politely to watch the language, and he felt so horrible. He kept apologizing to the guy and his kid, so much so I had to give him an elbow and let him know that's enough...he is not like that normally, but we were on a great escape to a Chiefs game and he was basically letting himself go a bit.

Moral of the story...don't hate people for letting loose. Now, if they tell you to go **** yourself after you ask them to quit, that's another story.

kregger
09-17-2007, 09:51 AM
Give 'em two warnings and then bring in the man if they continue to abuse the privilege of watching a pathetic offense.

pr_capone
09-17-2007, 12:00 PM
I think you have to understand when you take a child to an event filled with emotionally charged adults, many of whom are drinking beer, your kid is going to be exposed to some things.

I think, before the game, you should have a frank discussion with your kid, explaining that he's going to see and hear inappropriate things, and that you expect that he's a big enough boy to understand that he can not repeat those things.

If someone near you is going way overboard.....early on, maybe you could just politely ask them to tone it down.

Some folks wouldn't be aware how much cursing they were doing, appologize and be more aware.....some assholes will tell you to fist your mother.

ROFL ROFL ROFL

J Diddy
09-17-2007, 02:40 PM

Now I'm not saying my son hasn't heard those things and he has a pretty good grasp on what is right or wrong to say.

With that being said, if some jerk lets go on a tangent I'm gonna politely ask him to refrain some.

Yes I understand you have a right to be there, just as I do, just as my son does.

With your mentality if someone offers to buy a green colored drink, I would recommend not drinking it.

RustShack
09-17-2007, 02:43 PM
Bring on Jared Allen, Brodie Croyle, and Bobby Sippio!!!

Dayze
09-17-2007, 05:11 PM
I've been on both ends of the 'overboard' with the language, etc. I was politely asked to 'tone it down' after enjoying a few beers; I recognized the situation, and refrained - at least as much as possible. No biggie; didn't piss me off or anything. I think most people would be cool with it.

Otherwise just preface the game, as others have suggested, by giving your young lad a 'heads up' of the language.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-17-2007, 05:22 PM
Your kid will hear shit 50x worse on the school bus every day.

HypnotizedMonkey
09-17-2007, 05:43 PM
Just use the person as an example to your child of how to not act? I think you're going to hear a lot of F-bombs if they keep playing like this.

Ralphy Boy
09-17-2007, 07:05 PM
In Springfield at Hammons Field when it first opened watching the MSU Bears baseball game, the pitcher was also a QB for the Bears football team (Scott Carroll). His fellow football buddies were sitting directly behind and next to my son, dad, sister and I. A couple of them cussed a couple of times so I turned around and asked them to watch their language. One of them kept at it and I got pretty irritated and almost lost my cool. Realizing that my getting mad would do more harm than good, and that I'd probably get my ass kicked, I let it go.

Been at Arrowhead several times and I'm taking my 10 year old to his first game this weekend. Didn't take him when he was younger because I couldn't control what he heard, but now that he's gotten older I figure I can't control what he hears forever and to not take him to a game just because of it would be pointless. The positives of the experience of going outweighs the negatives.

Skip Towne
09-17-2007, 07:17 PM
I used to tell 'em Willie Roaf was my brother and would be up there soon.

J Diddy
09-17-2007, 10:22 PM
I used to tell 'em Willie Roaf was my brother and would be up there soon.

dude I thought moses was your brother

luv
09-18-2007, 01:44 AM
If dad doesn't finde a buyer for his other ticket, it looks like I'll be there, too!