PDA

View Full Version : Let's be realistic, what will it take for King Carl to be fired after the season?

FloridaMan88
09-17-2007, 08:17 AM
2-14? 1-15? 0-16? A half empty Arrowhead stadium towards the end of the season?

My concern is Clark Hunt, despite a terrible season decides to let Carl live out the final year of his contract which means Carl will be calling the shots for another offseason (and not just any offseason... an offseason that could be a huge opportunity for the Chiefs with significant cap room projected and a likely top 5 draft pick in the first round).

ChiTown
09-17-2007, 08:19 AM
anti-freeze, and a wooden stake through his cold heart.....

OnTheWarpath15
09-17-2007, 08:21 AM
Final year of his contract?

Carl re-upped to co-incide with the end of Herm's contract.

Carl and Herm both have this season, plus TWO more.

pikesome
09-17-2007, 08:21 AM
He'd have to be running a dog-fighting ring on the side.

el borracho
09-17-2007, 08:22 AM
The win-loss column won't affect Peterson's job security this year because we are rebuilding. Nobody expected to win this year.

Fish
09-17-2007, 08:22 AM
I really think it would take 2... maybe 3 seasons of not selling out the majority of the games.

You underestimate how stupidly loyal some Chiefs fans are. They will bitch about the team all week, and go spend $500 at Arrowhead on Sunday. Until that changes, why would they do anything about Carl?

siberian khatru
09-17-2007, 08:24 AM
Caught in bed with a live boy or dead girl.

pikesome
09-17-2007, 08:25 AM

It might have to be both.

siberian khatru
09-17-2007, 08:25 AM

Now that's kinky.

ChiTown
09-17-2007, 08:27 AM
Now that's kinky.

That's just how Carl rolls, bitch.

BigRedChief
09-17-2007, 08:28 AM
Not going to happen evah. At some point he will resign his GM duties and get some golden parachute front office "advisor" role. But it aon't happening this year.

Maybe if there empty seats this year and next year maybe Herm and King Carl leave a year early.

Eleazar
09-17-2007, 08:30 AM
I honestly can't think of any circumstance. He's basically King for life around there.

Deberg_1990
09-17-2007, 08:30 AM
Maybe somone could convince Carl to start hanging out with another SoCal homie, OJ ?

cdcox
09-17-2007, 08:33 AM
We really don't know how Clark will operate. If he's serious about building a great team, he will need a different crew running things. But I think the chances of a change this year are poor.

Eleazar
09-17-2007, 08:34 AM
Maybe if there empty seats this year and next year maybe Herm and King Carl leave a year early.

There are still tickets available for a lot of the games, aren't there?

Looking down the schedule, I don't see a single game on there that I can say we should be able to win. They all look like Ls. Maybe the Bengals - if the Browns scored 51 points on them then they might suck bad enough for our offense to move the ball.

Every single team on our schedule is better than us. By the time we are 0-4, 1-6, whatever, there will be a lot of empty seats.

Skip Towne
09-17-2007, 08:35 AM
Schaaf and Steadman lasted 15 years with tens of thousands of empty seats.

Extra Point
09-17-2007, 08:37 AM
Parking would have to go up to $25, season tickets sales at 30% capacity with 1/2 of the ST ticket holders no-showing, 2 games per season won, over 3 years, with Rayner at the center of the mutiny?

ChiTown
09-17-2007, 08:38 AM

Looking down the schedule, I don't see a single game on there that I can say we should be able to win. They all look like Ls. Maybe the Bengals - if the Browns scored 51 points on them then they might suck bad enough for our offense to move the ball.

Every single team on our schedule is better than us. By the time we are 0-4, 1-6, whatever, there will be a lot of empty seats.

There isn't a buzz and passion for this team in KC anymore. People are so cynical and pessimistic, that I think they're tired of making the effort. I gave up my season tickets after the Goonther HC debacle. I knew, at that point, Carl had to go - and I wasn't going to continue to put out the dough to go to the games.

Deberg_1990
09-17-2007, 08:45 AM
There isn't a buzz and passion for this team in KC anymore. People are so cynical and pessimistic, that I think they're tired of making the effort.

Your exactly right. Look at this board. Its the exact same way. Its a completely different feeling than in the Carl "Glory Years" from 89-97.

People are ready for change. I hope Clark realizes it...

cookster50
09-17-2007, 08:46 AM
1/2 of the ST ticket holders no-showing,

That wouldn't matter, they already paid for the tics.

Nzoner
09-17-2007, 08:50 AM
There isn't a buzz and passion for this team in KC anymore. People are so cynical and pessimistic, that I think they're tired of making the effort. I gave up my season tickets after the Goonther HC debacle. I knew, at that point, Carl had to go - and I wasn't going to continue to put out the dough to go to the games.

My breaking point came after our defense made Tiki Barber look like the 2nd coming of Jim Brown a couple of years ago.My salesman renewed his 4 season tickets this year and now is kicking himself in the ass but he knows he has to go now because it's just too much money to piss away and he's not had much luck trying to sell any except to fans of other teams coming into Arrowhead.

Dave Lane
09-17-2007, 08:53 AM
I don't care about Carl he's a nice bonus if he goes I want herm's ass out the door first...

Dave

DMAC
09-17-2007, 08:53 AM
I will try to start a "FIRE CARL!" chant at the game this week.

I'd love to hear 80K fans sreaming that in unison.

Nzoner
09-17-2007, 08:55 AM

I'd love to hear 80K fans sreaming that in unison.

Don't know where you're sitting but I'll do what I can in my section to help since it's the only game I'll be attending this season.

Deberg_1990
09-17-2007, 08:57 AM
My breaking point came after our defense made Tiki Barber look like the 2nd coming of Jim Brown a couple of years ago.

Understood. There is only so much one can take getting kicked in the nuts repeatedly. I didnt even watch the game live yesterday. I TIVO'd it and watched it later. I decided to spend some quality family time instead. I cant remember the last time i didnt watch a Chiefs game live.

Eleazar
09-17-2007, 08:57 AM

Nobody would accuse me of being the doom and gloom type under normal circumstances.. But now it's like they don't even care about the future. The Huard over Croyle thing was the straw that broke the camel's back, but the whole team has a different feel now.

Even during the Vermeil era I felt like they were trying to win. They brought in a coach with a pedigree, they built one of the greatest offenses in recent memory. They brought in lot of free agents who didn't work out, some draft picks didn't work out, whatever. But even if you didn't feel like they made the right moves, they were at least making an effort.

Incompetence does not rank alongside apathy, which is what this all smacks of.

DMAC
09-17-2007, 08:58 AM
Don't know where you're sitting but I'll do what I can in my section to help since it's the only game I'll be attending this season.325 row 25. You?

Archie Bunker
09-17-2007, 09:03 AM
2-14, an empty Arrowhead, and a major scandal might do it

Chiefnj2
09-17-2007, 09:04 AM
Herm and Carl are staying for the length of their contracts.

The only real hope is for Carl to sit down with Herm and insist that an "assistant head coach/OC" be brought in to call the shots on offense and insist that Herm not interefere with it.

Short of that you are looking at the same-old for the next 2 years.

Archie Bunker
09-17-2007, 09:07 AM

The only real hope is for Carl to sit down with Herm and insist that an "assistant head coach/OC" be brought in to call the shots on offense and insist that Herm not interefere with it.

That is the best case scenario IMO.

Tribal Warfare
09-17-2007, 09:09 AM

If KC is losing in Raider game, I'll bring a doll in a suit with a noose around it, with a message tacked on it that says Fire Carl Peterson just in case

cdcox
09-17-2007, 09:18 AM

I think it really depends on what Clark plans to do after Carl's contract is up. If he plans to bump Carl to an upstairs position and hire one of his flunkies as GM, then yes we are stuck with what we have for 2 years. However, if he plans to go a completely new direction and the Chiefs stink it up this year and next, there is no real reason for keeping him and Herm on for the final year of their contract.

I think that is the most realistic best-case senario.

Nzoner
09-17-2007, 09:22 AM
Understood. There is only so much one can take getting kicked in the nuts repeatedly. I didnt even watch the game live yesterday. I TIVO'd it and watched it later. I decided to spend some quality family time instead. I cant remember the last time i didnt watch a Chiefs game live.

Oh I watched the game live but there did come a time when I and the guys agreed to move the KC game to a small screen with no sound and put a better game on the big screen with sound.

Nzoner
09-17-2007, 09:23 AM
325 row 25. You?

I think I'm in 333,haven't seen the tiks yet,I'm sitting with some clients.

Phobia
09-17-2007, 09:41 AM

Nah, I'm pretty sure Rufus Dawes could spin that into a positive while finding some way to blame it on Jason Whitlock.

Sanka
09-17-2007, 09:49 AM
How much hate mail do you think the King receives on a daily basis?

Raiderhater
09-17-2007, 09:51 AM
Carl will be with us until he wins a SB or dies. Either way, he'll be around for some time to come.

Phobia
09-17-2007, 09:51 AM
How much hate mail do you think the King receives on a daily basis?

I'm guessing none. I'll bet some minimum wage paid assistant files those in the round-file long before Carl has a chance to read them.

Simplex3
09-17-2007, 09:57 AM
I really think it would take 2... maybe 3 seasons of not selling out the majority of the games.

You underestimate how stupidly loyal some Chiefs fans are. They will bitch about the team all week, and go spend $500 at Arrowhead on Sunday. Until that changes, why would they do anything about Carl?
Quoted for truth.

Simplex3
09-17-2007, 09:59 AM
That wouldn't matter, they already paid for the tics.
Yes, but they aren't buying $8 beers.

Eleazar
09-17-2007, 10:03 AM
I sent an email via the form on the Chiefs' website after the Huard thing came out, said that I was going to find it hard to justify buying tickets this year since this year was meaningless to the future, and that I would be back when they cared about winning a championship again.

I got an unsigned email back that said "Sounds like a plan".

beach tribe
09-17-2007, 10:07 AM
Does anyone have a sniper rifle?

Simplex3
09-17-2007, 10:12 AM
I sent an email via the form on the Chiefs' website after the Huard thing came out, said that I was going to find it hard to justify buying tickets this year since this year was meaningless to the future, and that I would be back when they cared about winning a championship again.

LMAO

I only wish that was a surprise.

Dr. Johnny Fever
09-17-2007, 10:12 AM

What he said

Dr. Johnny Fever
09-17-2007, 10:13 AM
what he said

Dr. Johnny Fever
09-17-2007, 10:13 AM
actually what he said

Eleazar
09-17-2007, 10:14 AM
LMAO

I only wish that was a surprise.

I didn't make a thread at the time because I figured it was some dickweed intern answering the email, but really... I guess it fits the culture of the organization.

RedThat
09-17-2007, 10:19 AM

Oh don't worry, our offense will make the bengals defense look good.

Dr. Johnny Fever
09-17-2007, 10:25 AM

Are you serious?

BigRedChief
09-17-2007, 10:35 AM
I didn't make a thread at the time because I figured it was some dickweed intern answering the email, but really... I guess it fits the culture of the organization.
It was. And they get their culture and leadership from their superiors who get theirs from their superiors etc all the way up to King Carl.

buddha
09-17-2007, 01:01 PM
I don't see it happening, guys. Carl is ours for the long haul.

Yes, this is painful, but you have to get really bad before you get a chance to botch a REALLY good draft pick!