PDA

View Full Version : Im tired of people saying were old - facts inside

carlos3652
09-18-2007, 11:20 AM
Age by Position and depth chart on Offense...

QB
Damon Huard (34)
Brodie Croyle (24) - Will be starting no later than week 5
Tyler Thigpen (23)

RB
Larry Johnson (27)
Michael Bennett (29)
Kolby Smith (22)

FB
Kris Wilson (26)
Boomer Grigsby (25)

WR
Eddie Kennison (34) - only 1, maybe 2 years left...
Samie Parker (26)
Dwayne Bowe (23)
Jeff Webb (25)
Eddie Drummond (27)
Bobby Sippio (26)

TE
Tony Gonzalez (31) - Would you not start a HOF?
Jason Dunn (33)
Kris Wilson (26)

OL
Damion McIntosh (30)
Brian Waters (30)
Casey Wiegmann (34) - last year
John Welbourn (31)
Kyle Turley (31)
Will Svitek (25)
Herb Taylor (22)
Rudy Niswanger (25)
Chris Terry (32)

Our Oline is old, but will be getting younger through the draft next year...
How can anyone say that we arent younger?

StcChief
09-18-2007, 11:22 AM
It's would matter if Chiefs were all 25.

they'd say we played like we were 35.

ILWarpaint
09-18-2007, 11:38 AM
They also don't want to stop mentioning that we lost Roaf and Shields. I think the OL has held up quite well so far. Sure we've given up some sacks but who doesn't? Marshal Falk on NFL Network even made some sort of remark about our crapy defense about a week ago. The media is clueless about teams other than Indy, NE, SD, ect.

FloridaMan88
09-18-2007, 12:28 PM
Let's see...

Current starting QB= over 30
Current starting RB= 28 and coming off of a 400+ carries season

Current #1 WR= over 30

Current starting offensive line= All starters are 30 or older

Current starting TE= over 30

That isn't exactly a young offense

pikesome
09-18-2007, 12:33 PM
Let's see...

Current #1 WR= over 30

You've got to asterisk LJ's age though, the mileage point has some bearing. The 400+ carries isn't good though.

Planetman
09-18-2007, 12:41 PM
You've got to asterisk LJ's age though, the mileage point has some bearing. The 400+ carries isn't good though.
Which is exactly why you don't asterisk his name.

Chief Faithful
09-18-2007, 01:01 PM
Let's see...

Current #1 WR= over 30

QB - over 34 yet younger than last year and soon to be 25.

Current #1 WR - since the first play the age is 23. Last year Sammie Parker was the youngest now he is one of the oldest at 26.

Current OL - all over 30, younger than last year, should be younger again next year, and playing better than last year.

Current TE - over 30, but all around still best in the game.

Not a young starting offense, but depth is younger and overall roster getting younger.

Chief Faithful
09-18-2007, 01:02 PM

And his first few years he did little, which should have some bearing.

BigChiefFan
09-18-2007, 01:05 PM
Youth doesn't mean jack squat if they aren't playing, dingies.

Face it, the STARTING OFFENSIVE players are mainly 30 and over. That certainly isn't a youth movement, which is exactly why some are bagging on them...they deserve it. They are VETERANS who know the ins and outs of the NFL and they are playing like they've never played a professional football game in some cases.

The OFFENSE is what is in question, NOT the D and the offense has run out of excuses. There is no REBUILT OFFENSE in Kansas City this year. A few new faces, but hardly a youth movement. There's only ONE rookie starter on offense. ONE.

Rooster
09-18-2007, 01:40 PM
The media is clueless about teams other than Indy, NE, SD, ect.

That is the truth.

Chief Faithful
09-18-2007, 01:57 PM
Youth doesn't mean jack squat if they aren't playing, dingies.

Face it, the STARTING OFFENSIVE players are mainly 30 and over. That certainly isn't a youth movement, which is exactly why some are bagging on them...they deserve it. They are VETERANS who know the ins and outs of the NFL and they are playing like they've never played a professional football game in some cases.

The OFFENSE is what is in question, NOT the D and the offense has run out of excuses. There is no REBUILT OFFENSE in Kansas City this year. A few new faces, but hardly a youth movement. There's only ONE rookie starter on offense. ONE.

Yes, they are really between a rock and hard place with the offense. But, against the Bears they played Bowe, Webb, Svitek, Croyle, and Smith. DV would not have played any of these guys.

The fact is the Chiefs had to start with defense and they are playing the young guys. Even the undrafted free agent CB's played. They still need more on defense, but maybe now they are at a point where they can give more attention to the offense.

Why is it when people want to say there is not a youth movement they only want to talk about the offense? When you look at all the moves in total they are definitely getting younger as a team.

BigChiefFan
09-18-2007, 02:12 PM
Yes, they are really between a rock and hard place with the offense. But, against the Bears they played Bowe, Webb, Svitek, Croyle, and Smith. DV would not have played any of these guys.

The fact is the Chiefs had to start with defense and they are playing the young guys. Even the undrafted free agent CB's played. They still need more on defense, but maybe now they are at a point where they can give more attention to the offense.

Why is it when people want to say there is not a youth movement they only want to talk about the offense? When you look at all the moves in total they are definitely getting younger as a team.

Because I have no complaints about the defense. The issues lie on offense and yet what comes out? Excuses like we are rebuilding, getting younger from the front office. I am merely pointing out the inadequacies and flaws in their lame attempts to excuse the offense, when it's been CLEARLY shown that the offense is full of seasoned veterans-if they admit that, then they can't use the rebuilding excuse. Funny how nobody is realizing that. It's short-sighttedness like that, that the FO countson. It's the old duck and weave.

Chief Faithful
09-18-2007, 02:23 PM
Because I have no complaints about the defense. The issues lie on offense and yet what comes out? Excuses like we are rebuilding, getting younger from the front office. I am merely pointing out the inadequacies and flaws in their lame attempts to excuse the offense, when it's been CLEARLY shown that the offense is full of seasoned veterans-if they admit that, then they can't use the rebuilding excuse. Funny how nobody is realizing that. It's short-sighttedness like that, that the FO countson. It's the old duck and weave.

I don't remember Herm ever using the rebuilding or youth defense to excuse the recent play. I have Herm say they are trying to change the culture and remake the roster by infusing youth, which I see evidence is happening. The only excuse I've heard from Herm is you can't make mistakes on the road and I've heard him say his offense is not good enough yet to over come mistakes. I think that is fairly accurate.

I have heard the media and fans call what's going on a youth movement or rebuilding effort.