PDA

View Full Version : OMG! World's fastest motorcycle inventor crashed it at NEXTfest

TinyEvel
09-18-2007, 04:44 PM
The Killacycle is a 0 to 60 in .97 seconds (yeah, that's right) motorcycle.

Here's an interview with the inventor, who demonstrates a burnout. Listen for all the cues during the interview (e.g. "You know, I've seen someone killed on a dragstrip" and "I'm not the driver, I'm the designer")

I sure hope the guy is OK.

The embedding was disabled (gee, I wonder why)
worth a look.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZ1eMYdLKrs

BIG_DADDY
09-18-2007, 04:52 PM
That WAS a pretty cool bike.

beach tribe
09-18-2007, 04:53 PM
That thing caught some grip and was GONE SON!!!!!!

Bad ass. I hope he is OK.

BIG_DADDY
09-18-2007, 04:54 PM
That thing caught some grip and was GONE SON!!!!!!

Bad ass. I hope he is OK.

Helmut might have been a good idea.

Donger
09-18-2007, 04:57 PM
Why would he do that in that area? Why not a strip?

TinyEvel
09-18-2007, 04:57 PM
Helmut might have been a good idea.

Yes, I agree. Helmut Newton could have taken some very cool photos of that guy on the ground.

He should have been wearing a helmEt!

:p

rtmike
09-18-2007, 05:00 PM
Surprised it stayed plugged in. ;)

New to a twist throttle, classic case of just holding on for dear life, unfortunately it's in the wide open position.

beach tribe
09-18-2007, 05:03 PM
The harder the bike accelerated, the more throttle he was forced to give it.

BIG_DADDY
09-18-2007, 05:04 PM
Yes, I agree. Helmut Newton could have taken some very cool photos of that guy on the ground.

I don't believe I just did that.

Donger
09-18-2007, 05:04 PM
I don't believe I just did that.

But you dud. You dud.

Bob Dole
09-18-2007, 05:13 PM
Bob Dole hopes the guy is okay, but that was seriously stupid.

KcMizzou
09-18-2007, 05:14 PM
Bob Dole hopes the guy is okay, but that was seriously stupid.You'd think a guy who was intelligent enough to design that bike would have more common sense than that.

BIG_DADDY
09-18-2007, 05:15 PM
But you dud. You dud.

Thanks Donger. LMAO

Bob Dole
You'd think a guy who was intelligent enough to design that bike would have more common sense than that.

Not really. Most of the seriously brilliant geeks Bob Dole has known had little or no common sense.

Donger
You'd think a guy who was intelligent enough to design that bike would have more common sense than that.

Some people are so interested in thinking they could that they don't stop to think whether or not they should.

Donger
09-18-2007, 05:16 PM
Thanks Donger. LMAO

You're welcume.

Hydrae
09-18-2007, 05:17 PM
I saw something on Discovery Science just the other night talking about this bike. Incredible what they have done with electric motors. The show I saw, they blew the motor up in a 1/4 mile run with some new batteries. The batteries were too much for the engine! :shock:

Donger
09-18-2007, 05:18 PM
Heh.

I’m Fine (scapes and cuts) Bike is a little bent….

First off, I’m just a bit scraped up. Embarrassed of course. I had not intended the bike to move in the soapy water, just spin the tire.

Got it slowed down to about 20 mph. Front wheel is bent, as are front forks. Cowling is not nearly as pretty as it was.
Battery box took a hit from the front wheel. Almost certainly, some cells were shorted. No smoke. No fire. Ultra safe cells. Had these been anything but A123 Systems Nano-phosphate cells, shorts would have caused a serious fire.

No major damage. We will have it fixed in short order.

Important to note: Area in front of the bike was CLEARED of ALL PEOPLE. NO ONE was at risk but me. Concrete on both sides of area.

Yes, I am an idiot for not wearing a helmut. :-/

ClevelandBronco
09-18-2007, 05:21 PM
I hope his HillaryCare is in order.

Eleazar
09-18-2007, 05:28 PM

What do you have against Helmut Kohl?

Hydrae
09-18-2007, 05:33 PM
Heh.

I’m Fine (scapes and cuts) Bike is a little bent….

First off, I’m just a bit scraped up. Embarrassed of course. I had not intended the bike to move in the soapy water, just spin the tire.

Got it slowed down to about 20 mph. Front wheel is bent, as are front forks. Cowling is not nearly as pretty as it was.
Battery box took a hit from the front wheel. Almost certainly, some cells were shorted. No smoke. No fire. Ultra safe cells. Had these been anything but A123 Systems Nano-phosphate cells, shorts would have caused a serious fire.

No major damage. We will have it fixed in short order.

Important to note: Area in front of the bike was CLEARED of ALL PEOPLE. NO ONE was at risk but me. Concrete on both sides of area.

Yes, I am an idiot for not wearing a helmut. :-/

Is helmUt the new CP spelling for headwear for motorcycle drivers? If so, does that apply to what football players wear on their heads during a game as well?

Donger
09-18-2007, 05:34 PM
Is helmUt the new CP spelling for headwear for motorcycle drivers? If so, does that apply to what football players wear on their heads during a game as well?

Why yes. Yes, it is.