PDA

View Full Version : Well, Crap ...

FAX
09-18-2007, 08:22 PM
I received a call at the office around 5:30 or so. The beautiful and witty Mrs. FAX discovered a significant amount of blood in her urine. After 3 deliriously happy hours at a walk-in clinic (because our doctor's office was closed), we're counseled by a puzzled doctor (English-challenged, by the way) who really didn't have a solid diagnosis. Then, it was off to the pharmacy to fill a prescription for antibiotics.

She seems okay, in bed and fairly comfortable. I made her a simple dinner, gave her the medication, and am checking on her every 20 minutes or so. Tomorrow, we'll call our doctor, get her over to him, and find out what's really going on.

This came on very suddenly and, frankly, I'm a little worried. It was the amount of blood and the extremely sudden onset that had the clinic doctor concerned and confused. She had one of her kidneys removed when she was 5 years old, so anything of this nature is troubling.

I believe in the power of prayer so, if you're so inclined, a kind thought sent her way by you guys would be appreciated. She is everything to me.

FAX

RustShack
09-18-2007, 08:23 PM
I hope she gets better!

runnercyclist
09-18-2007, 08:25 PM
I will absolutely include her in my prayers tonight.

God bless.

Keep us posted.

OnTheWarpath15
09-18-2007, 08:25 PM
Best wishes to Mrs. FAX.

You too, Mr. FAX.

Keep us posted.

Stinger
09-18-2007, 08:26 PM
I believe in the power of prayer so, if you're so inclined, a kind thought sent her way by you guys would be appreciated.
FAX

Done and will continue to do so. Hope everything is alright with the Misses Mr. Fax.

09-18-2007, 08:28 PM
Thoughts and prayers, Fax.

God speed to your wife.

Simply Red
09-18-2007, 08:28 PM
Please forgive me in advance. But is it time for her change? Just asking. If so; that'd be my guess. Simple womanly nature.
Regardless, I'm not a doctor and you two both will be in my prayers.

-SR

Buehler445
09-18-2007, 08:29 PM
You and Mrs. FAX have my prayers.

My suggestion to you is to pay for a good Dr. They are typically worth it.

Best of luck Mr. FAX

FAX
09-18-2007, 08:31 PM
Please forgive me in advance. But is it time for her change? Just asking. If so; that'd be my guess. Simple womanly nature.

Nope. It's not that, Mr. Simply Red. It's blood in the urine with lots of pain. Normally, these symptoms would indicate a typical female urinary tract infection. But those usually come on much more gradually and the amount of blood is much less.

As I said, I wouldn't be overly concerned if she had both kidneys or there wasn't so much blood.

FAX

FAX
09-18-2007, 08:33 PM
Thanks guys.

Typically, I would avoid posting something like this. It seems selfish and trite in a way. But, in this case, I'm puttin' the internet to work for the cause of good.

FAX

the Talking Can
09-18-2007, 08:33 PM
I hope she's ok fax...

Simply Red
09-18-2007, 08:34 PM
Nope. It's not that, Mr. Simply Red. It's blood in the urine with lots of pain. Normally, these symptoms would indicate a typical female urinary tract infection. But those usually come on much more gradually and the amount of blood is much less.

As I said, I wouldn't be overly concerned if she had both kidneys or there wasn't so much blood.

FAX
Yeah, I thought about that after I typed it. I think it is fairly minor based on today's prevents. Again, Regardless; as a fellow believer, I'll say a prayer tonight.

Hang in there...

cdcox
09-18-2007, 08:34 PM
I pray for Mrs. FAX's restoration to health. God bless.

cdcox
09-18-2007, 08:36 PM
Don't hesitate to go to the emergency room, if you have any doubts.

Rain Man
09-18-2007, 08:39 PM
I hope it's just some odd temporary affliction. Good luck to her.

Logical
I had that happen once and it was only a urinary tract infection. Let's hope that is all it is for Mrs FAX. My thoughts are with the both of you.

bringbackmarty
Damnit, that sucks. Prayers, good vibes, positive thoughts headed your way. Hopefully it's a stone or something fairly simple to fix.

FAX
09-18-2007, 08:42 PM
Don't hesitate to go to the emergency room, if you have any doubts.

Thinking about it, Mr. cdcox. As I type this, we're awaiting a call back from our doctor to get his opinion on that.

FAX

KcMizzou
09-18-2007, 08:47 PM
I don't have any helpful advice, but I sure hope she's ok.

bringbackmarty
09-18-2007, 08:51 PM
cat scan of her abdomen would rule out a stone (or in) real quick, just go. She can get the drugs she needs for pain, and get the stone treated that much quicker. give her a lortab or two while you're at it.

bringbackmarty
09-18-2007, 08:52 PM
plus with only one kidney, you dont want to **** around with her going septic, just go and get the imaging asap.

bringbackmarty
09-18-2007, 08:53 PM
has she eaten a big steak or some shellfish lately? if so could be a stone.

bringbackmarty
09-18-2007, 08:54 PM
did they test her urine at all for infection, or her blood?

FAX
09-18-2007, 08:57 PM
has she eaten a big steak or some shellfish lately? if so could be a stone.

Although it's certainly possible, I don't think it's a stone, Mr. bringbackmarty. Could be, but I doubt it. Her diet is practically vegan. I'm thinking a cyst, maybe.

Still waiting on our doctor to call back. He's probably ordered the shellfish.

FAX

FAX
09-18-2007, 09:02 PM
did they test her urine at all for infection, or her blood?

Definitely. Ergo, the $130 for 10 antibiotic tablets. There's an infection, no doubt. The cause is the issue. Normally, a urinary tract infection will cause you to pass some blood, but this is a lot. Much more than one would typically expect. Add that fact and the one kidney issue and you've got one worried, pissed-off guy.

FAX

bringbackmarty
09-18-2007, 09:04 PM
man it's great you can still be funny, even at a time like this. You are one cool dude, fax. I have a lot of respect for you. I would be having the proverbial cow. If the copay isn't too bad on the insurance, I would just roll. The e.r. isn't going to be too busy on tuesday night.

KcMizzou
09-18-2007, 09:06 PM
man it's great you can still be funny, even at a time like this. You are one cool dude, fax. I have a lot of respect for you. I would be having the proverbial cow. If the copay isn't too bad on the insurance, I would just roll. The e.r. isn't going to be too busy on tuesday night.better safe than sorry

bringbackmarty
09-18-2007, 09:08 PM
I think you should roll Fax, it's better safe than sorry.
unless you are 100% comfortable with the clinics diagnosis.

bringbackmarty
09-18-2007, 09:09 PM
Definitely. Ergo, the $130 for 10 antibiotic tablets. There's an infection, no doubt. The cause is the issue. Normally, a urinary tract infection will cause you to pass some blood, but this is a lot. Much more than one would typically expect. Add that fact and the one kidney issue and you've got one worried, pissed-off guy.

FAX
****in ouch, what did they give her, the whole damn mushroom farm?

Smed1065
09-18-2007, 09:10 PM
Best wishes and thoughts!

FAX
09-18-2007, 09:11 PM
man it's great you can still be funny, even at a time like this. You are one cool dude, fax. I have a lot of respect for you. I would be having the proverbial cow. If the copay isn't too bad on the insurance, I would just roll. The e.r. isn't going to be too busy on tuesday night.

Just spoke with her doctor. He says to bring her into his office first thing in the AM. However, if the pain increases, I am to take her to the hospital and have him paged. So, we watch and wait.

Thanks for all the advice and kind thoughts and words, guys. I have a theory about the universe and the power of thought. Maybe, when we get some time, I'll make about 40 posts on the subject. Meanwhile, thanks again.

FAX

bringbackmarty
09-18-2007, 09:15 PM
Good luck! and May the creator shine his light of healing and benevolence on you and yours.

FAX
09-18-2007, 09:17 PM
****in ouch, what did they give her, the whole damn mushroom farm?

Money isn't the object. But, it was a little strange when I picked up the prescription ... the pharmacist actually asked me if I knew how much it was going to be before he rang it up.

It was for something called Levaquin. 10 500mg tabs ... $128 bucks.

I hate big pill.

FAX

go bo
09-18-2007, 09:18 PM
sorry to hear about mrs. fax...

our thoughts and prayers go out to you both...

Lonewolf Ed
09-18-2007, 09:19 PM
I will include her in my nightly prayers.

ClevelandBronco
09-18-2007, 09:20 PM
You got it, man.

L.A. Chieffan
09-18-2007, 09:23 PM
We signed Craphonso Thorpe again??

Sorry to hear Mr. Fax.

bringbackmarty
09-18-2007, 09:24 PM
levaquin is good shit. one of the new generation of antibiotics. it can cure siphilus in elephants, lung infections in blue whales, hell it can even fix our offense......Well actualy it can't do that, but it could fix a siphilus infected, bronchitis suffering blue whale\elephant creature good enough to play left tackle, and that would fix our offense.

KC Jones
09-18-2007, 09:24 PM
Wow... so sorry to hear of this FAX. We'll include you and the missus in our evening prayers.

Groves
09-18-2007, 09:27 PM
this is the good kind of selfish. I'll be praying.

TrebMaxx
09-18-2007, 09:29 PM
Here is hoping for the best outcome for Mrs. Fax. Hang in there Mr. Fax and be sure to not hesitate making the ER run.

runnercyclist
09-18-2007, 09:34 PM
Wheres pastor mike. He's got the hot line

kregger
09-18-2007, 09:50 PM
Being a fellow 1 kidney human, I wish your Mrs. the best FAX. I always dread the right side flank pain and my thoughts and prayers will be with you and your wife.

carlos3652
09-18-2007, 09:54 PM
prayers and thoughts your way...

luv
09-18-2007, 10:04 PM
Very scary stuff. You and your wife will be in my thoughts. Hope all is well.

Tactical Funky
09-18-2007, 11:59 PM
Thoughts, prayers, and mojo to both you and yours.

vincent
09-19-2007, 12:13 AM
Wish you both the best...

Get Well Soon Mrs. FAX!!!

Frazod
09-19-2007, 12:20 AM
Best of luck, FAX. Hope the wife gets through this okay.

DenverChief
09-19-2007, 12:22 AM
Kidney stone? usually when it drops from the kidney to the urinary tube going to the bladder there is a lot of blood in the urine....hope she feels better

kepp
09-19-2007, 06:33 AM
Hope its nothing serious and Mrs. FAX feels better soon.

PhillyChiefFan
09-19-2007, 06:35 AM
Hope it is nothing serious, best wishes. Prayers your way, get well Mrs. Fax.

HonestChieffan
09-19-2007, 06:55 AM
Prayers for Mrs FAX and Mr FAX.

Otter
09-19-2007, 06:56 AM
Will do Fax. Best of luck with the situation.

Skip Towne
09-19-2007, 07:00 AM
Sorry to hear that. Get well, Mrs. FAX.

wazu
09-19-2007, 07:00 AM
I believe in the power of prayer so, if you're so inclined, a kind thought sent her way by you guys would be appreciated.

Done.

Rausch
09-19-2007, 07:07 AM
Will do.

Hope she gets better soon, daytime TV is horrible...

seclark
09-19-2007, 08:42 AM
t&p fax

El Jefe
09-19-2007, 08:48 AM
Prayers are with you, hopefully nothing major, best of luck.

Mr. Plow
09-19-2007, 09:22 AM
Hope everything is ok. I'll say some prayers.

Jilly
09-19-2007, 09:28 AM
May God give you strength and wisdom, and hold you with arms of comfort and love, Fax and your wife.

FAX
09-19-2007, 10:15 AM
Several Planeteers have requested an update, so here it is ...

First of all, you guys are great. As I mentioned earlier in the thread, I hesitate to post something of this nature, but I was worried as hell and one never knows how the Ethers might respond to positive thoughts. Believe me when I say that I greatly appreciate the many kind words.

Went to her doctor this morning. CT was negative - no stones. That's a good thing. Unfortunately, she is presenting symptoms that are unlike a typical urinary tract infection. That's a bad thing. Nevertheless, she's back home, resting, and taking the antibiotics so we'll wait and see how things progress over the next day or so. No hospital for now. If she doesn't respond to the antibiotics and rest, more tests to look for soft tissue problems will be in order. If she does respond appropriately to this approach, we can safely assume it was merely a severe infection. We'll see.

Meanwhile, a couple of additional interesting items ... First, when I got home this morning, I had a call informing me that we just landed a new client - one of the largest insurance companies in the US. And, as much as I hate insurance companies, I'm taking the business. Then, I received a second call about a trust I've been working on getting cleared up for the past 3 years. It turns out that, after all this time, the bastard NY attorney had an unexpected change of heart and overnighted a check today. Out of the dad gummed blue. Amazing.

You guys do good work.

FAX

HonestChieffan
09-19-2007, 10:17 AM
Glad all is ok..

Donger
09-19-2007, 10:17 AM
Several Planeteers have requested an update, so here it is ...

First of all, you guys are great. As I mentioned earlier in the thread, I hesitate to post something of this nature, but I was worried as hell and one never knows how the Ethers might respond to positive thoughts. Believe me when I say that I greatly appreciate the many kind words.

Went to her doctor this morning. CT was negative - no stones. That's a good thing. Unfortunately, she is presenting symptoms that are unlike a typical urinary tract infection. That's a bad thing. Nevertheless, she's back home, resting, and taking the antibiotics so we'll wait and see how things progress over the next day or so. No hospital for now. If she doesn't respond to the antibiotics and rest, more tests to look for soft tissue problems will be in order. If she does respond appropriately to this approach, we can safely assume it was merely a severe infection. We'll see.

Meanwhile, a couple of additional interesting items ... First, when I got home this morning, I had a call informing me that we just landed a new client - one of the largest insurance companies in the US. And, as much as I hate insurance companies, I'm taking the business. Then, I received a second call about a trust I've been working on getting cleared up for the past 3 years. It turns out that, after all this time, the bastard NY attorney had an unexpected change of heart and overnighted a check today. Out of the dad gummed blue. Amazing.

You guys do good work.

FAX

Most excellent.

Mr. Laz
09-19-2007, 10:21 AM
Best wishes to the female Fax

patteeu
09-19-2007, 10:22 AM
Good luck, Mr. and Mrs. FAX.

hawkchief
09-19-2007, 10:28 AM
Best wishes, FAXES!

JohninGpt
09-19-2007, 10:29 AM
Hoping all is well with Mrs. Fax.

ottawa_chiefs_fan
09-19-2007, 10:32 AM
All the best and prayers to you and Mrs. FAX - just went through some sickness with my other half - very stressful!! She is ok now - just has to take medication for the foreseeable future .... hard to keep a good woman down! (please leave that one alone folks)....

crazycoffey
09-19-2007, 10:36 AM
Quote: <HR SIZE=1>Originally Posted by FAX
I believe in the power of prayer so, if you're so inclined, a kind thought sent her way by you guys would be appreciated. <HR SIZE=1>
I agree 100% - prayers of comfort and healing for you and Mrs. Fax.

Glad to hear other aspects in your life are in an upswing too. May the trend continue, and I only want to borrow 10 dollars, that's all...

kaplin42
09-19-2007, 10:46 AM
My best wishes to you and Mrs. Fax.
Hopefully she will be bouncing around like a spry lass in no time.

ChiTown
09-19-2007, 10:47 AM
Fax, my friend, you got it. Our prayers are with you.

runnercyclist
09-19-2007, 07:04 PM
Thanks for the update. I'll keep you both in my thoughts.

teedubya
09-19-2007, 07:08 PM
we will say a prayer for your wonderful and witty wife and yourself.

Godspeed brother!

-Ari Chi3fs

tommykat
09-19-2007, 07:12 PM
I had that happen once and it was only a urinary tract infection. Let's hope that is all it is for Mrs FAX. My thoughts are with the both of you.

That was my first thought. Had that happen. My prayers are with you both.

Zebedee DuBois
09-19-2007, 08:23 PM
I hope for the best for Mrs. FAX.

We often gripe about our better halves...but the thing is...they ARE the thing that brings out the better half of ourselves. We had a little scare last year with cancer and I was struck with how utterly lost I would be without her. Gratefully, the problem was nipped...but it makes you think.

Toad
09-19-2007, 08:44 PM
FAX, my better half is an RN and an ordained minister although she occupies her time managing our home (I say she eats Bon-Bons all day).

Anyway, the nurse in her says that 999 times out of 1000 would be an infection. Her spiritual person says that the bible states (paraphrased) to receive answered prayers, all we have to do is ask Him and believe.

God speed.

Dave Lane
09-19-2007, 09:19 PM
Good luck to you both good thoughts headed your way!

Dave

big nasty kcnut
09-19-2007, 10:32 PM
Mr fax hope your wife and you are ok please be positive and pray cause the lord will help when you least expected.

Dylan
09-19-2007, 11:21 PM
Fax:

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your wife. I hope she feels better quickly.