PDA

View Full Version : Parker will be demoted to #4 WR when Kennison gets back?

Kylo Ren
09-18-2007, 09:12 PM
Q: With Bowe being a bigger guy does that give him more snaps when Eddie Kennison comes back?

EDWARDS: “Oh, he’s going to play.”

Q: If Eddie Kennison comes back might he be your starter anyway?

EDWARDS: “Oh, we move Bowe to ‘X’ [position]. Why not? They’re all going to play. All four of those [receivers] are going to play. Three played last week and it was a good rotation. When Eddie comes back it’ll be a similar rotation. On the sheet you have to put who’s the starters, but in the end it’s how many times are they playing. We’ll get them mixed in the game.

“Webb and Bowe are two big guys who can make some plays. They can go in and catch the slant because they’re big. Webb is a real long-arm guy who can get to some balls out there that other guys can’t get to because of his ability to stretch out and catch the football. They’re big guys and they have to play for us. They need to be in the system and we’ve done some things in the system to ease their mental load so they can line up and play for us fast.”
-------------------------------------------

Does it sound like Parker will be demoted to #4 WR? So, it'll be Kennison, Bowe, Webb, Parker? That sounds perfect to me.

RustShack
09-18-2007, 09:16 PM
Hopefully Sippio gets in within the next couple weeks, and can steal the job from Parker and maybe even Webb before Kennison gets back!

KcMizzou
09-18-2007, 09:19 PM
I suspect Kennison #1, and Parker #2.

Bowe should be #2, but history says otherwise.

I doubt we'll see Sippio at all.

Hammock Parties
09-18-2007, 09:22 PM
Parker #3.

KcMizzou
09-18-2007, 09:23 PM
Parker #3.Hope so...

Kylo Ren
09-18-2007, 09:24 PM
Edwards mubles and stammers when he talks in the press conferences. But, he said Bowe would go to X. The X reciever is the #2 reciever opposite Kennison. I think that's what he was saying. So, I'm pretty sure that Bowe will be the #2 WR. Then, he wen on to talk about Webb and his long arms and he needs to get some playing time and etc. He never mentioned anything positive about Parker. I think he was hinting that Webb would move in front of Parker. I sure hope so. I hope Parker gets dumped or traded and Sippio can be the #4.

Line Judge
09-18-2007, 11:47 PM
Sippio won't play while Kenison is out unless another receiver gets hurt. If they play him now and he does good and impresses people, the Chiefs will never get him back to the practice squad after Kenison returns.

RedThat
09-19-2007, 12:27 AM
I have to say, I was impressed with Jeff Webb last game. I hope the Chiefs play him more.

Thig Lyfe
09-19-2007, 01:17 AM
So they wait until Parker actually starts making catches to demote him?

Figures.

shyguyms
09-19-2007, 03:15 AM
i go with Bowe, Kennison, Parker and Sippio
WEBB is not very good

elvomito
09-19-2007, 04:14 AM
So they wait until Parker actually starts making catches to demote him?

Figures.or, he's only making catches now that he feels the demotion coming

wazu
09-19-2007, 05:33 AM
I have to say, I was impressed with Jeff Webb last game. I hope the Chiefs play him more.

Yeah, but I was very unimpressed with him in Houston. He was the guy that popped one up into the air for an interception. Some guys make a habit of that. I'll reserve judgement for now.

Eleazar
09-19-2007, 05:36 AM
Told you that Sippio guy wouldn't make the roster!

kepp
09-19-2007, 06:28 AM
To put this into perspective:

"Herm, what about Justin Phinisee? He's looked good in the return game." EDWARDS: “Oh, he’s going to play.”

"Herm, is Justin Medlock going to be okay?" EDWARDS: “Oh, he’s going to play.”

"Herm, tell us how Ekwerekwu is doing." EDWARDS: “Oh, he’s going to play.”

Easy 6
09-20-2007, 10:01 PM
or, he's only making catches now that he feels the demotion coming

Thats exactly what i think too, his little streak of making some nice grabs wont last.

He's had more than enough time to show consistency, now he see's the writing on the wall.

You had your chance Shammy.