PDA

View Full Version : MU vs. KU

KcMizzou
09-18-2007, 11:07 PM
We're both 3-0, as you probably know.

KU's looked fantastic against poor competition.

MU's looked good against better teams, but the D is still suspect.

Suddenly the local media see's KU as a challenger in the north. What do you guys think?

I'm a bit worried about KU because I know how they've played us in the past.... but I'm interested to see how they do in Big XII play. Suddenly everyone sees them as a factor in the Big XII North.

I think the beakers can bring the O, but I'm not sure they can keep up with Rucker, Coffman, Maclin, Alexander, and the rest.

What say you, Beakers? Is this team for real?

ChiefsCountry
09-18-2007, 11:09 PM
KU has played two teams from the MAC and an I-AA. I say wait till Big 12 play starts to get a good take on them.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-18-2007, 11:15 PM
Mangino has a better chance of seeing his dick than KU does of being a factor in the North.

Anyong Bluth
09-19-2007, 01:29 AM
Mangino has a better chance of seeing his dick than KU does of being a factor in the North.

KU probably has no business being a factor in the North this year, but Mangino seems to play KSU and MU very well. They've pulled one on NU in the past and played them close another time over the prior 3 seasons. I'm not expecting to KU to be winning the North, but given prior play, they most likely won't have a poor showing.

I know its an easy schedule but as of right now, they are 4th in the nation in D, and 7th in the nation in O. It will drop no doubt, but this squad at least will put a decent squad on the field. I'd be shocked if they lose a game this year by over 17.

They are playing easy schools, but they are handing them the same sizable losses that any good team would be handing out no different.

ferrarispider95
09-19-2007, 02:27 AM
ROFL

Braincase
09-19-2007, 05:41 AM
Mangino never has and never will win a contenst against a Big 12 opponent.

kepp
09-19-2007, 06:23 AM
Mangino seems to play KSU and MU very well
MU hammered them 42-17 last year. With that said, however, I am a little nervous about this game because, 1) its a rivalry game and, 2) they've been playing consistent. They usually don't play consistent even against bad teams. If MU disappears for a while in the game (which they're prone to doing) it could be close.

HonestChieffan
09-19-2007, 06:57 AM
Id bet on KU at this point. Overall they have the stronger talent. MU has some excellent position players but Id give nod to KU. Mang is a way better coach than stinkPinkle. Im saying KU by 3 in a barnburner.

Skip Towne
09-19-2007, 07:08 AM
Mangino borrowed a mirror, saw his dick, and now is ready to kick some MUron ass.

KC Jones
09-19-2007, 07:24 AM
Mangino borrowed a mirror, saw his dick, and now is ready to kick some MUron ass.

ROFL

Extra Point
09-19-2007, 07:30 AM
No stinkel on the Pinkel. MU will clobber KU. Again.

kcchiefsus
09-19-2007, 07:36 AM
Id bet on KU at this point. Overall they have the stronger talent. MU has some excellent position players but Id give nod to KU. Mang is a way better coach than stinkPinkle. Im saying KU by 3 in a barnburner.

Stronger talent my ass. KU and talent in the same sentence? That's hilarious.

KcMizzou
09-19-2007, 07:39 AM
Id bet on KU at this point. Overall they have the stronger talent.KU has more talent?

That's the first time I've heard that. MU's offense is pretty loaded.

(Not sure how the D's compare.)

kepp
09-19-2007, 07:40 AM
Stronger talent my ass. KU and talent in the same sentence? That's hilarious.
Hey! KU has that cornerback guy and...ummm...uhhh...

kepp
09-19-2007, 07:44 AM
What's he gonna do? Flick something at Maclin when he breaks one down the sideline?

ChiefJhawk
09-19-2007, 07:48 AM
The hawks are for real this year. We might pull a Florida and win national championships in basketball AND football this year.

ok, so that might be pushing it...

ROCK CHALK!

Eleazar
09-19-2007, 08:00 AM
KU has played two teams from the MAC and an I-AA. I say wait till Big 12 play starts to get a good take on them.

But Hack Harry says KU is going to win 10 games.

gblowfish
09-19-2007, 08:25 AM
Mark Mangino is getting out of the shower at the YMCA.

One of the guys in the locker room getting dressed says "Damn Mark, when's the last time you saw your pecker?"

Mangino says "Been a long time."

Guy says "Well, why don't you diet?"

Mangino says "Why? What color is it now?"

Thanks....I'll be here all week.

BWillie
09-19-2007, 08:33 AM
When KU goes 10 and 2 or 9 and 3, I'm going to be here trolling saying I told you so. Every game on KU's schedule is winable. Not saying they are going them all, but KU has a shot to win in every game on their schedule. There are no USC's or Oklahoma's in there. KU wasn't as bad last year as their record, this year they've grown as a football team and hopefully can win those close games they lost last year.

DMAC
09-19-2007, 08:57 AM
KU wasn't as bad last year as their record
Yes they were. That is why they had that record.

Anyong Bluth
09-19-2007, 09:01 AM
MU hammered them 42-17 last year. With that said, however, I am a little nervous about this game because, 1) its a rivalry game and, 2) they've been playing consistent. They usually don't play consistent even against bad teams. If MU disappears for a while in the game (which they're prone to doing) it could be close.

Mangino has winning record versus Pinkel. You do remember them coming to Mizzou on the last game of the year and beating MU- which lost the North for MU a few years back, and that they had won the year previously.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/kEW8_KVhDFE"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kEW8_KVhDFE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

kepp
09-19-2007, 09:09 AM
remember them coming to Mizzou on the last game of the year and beating MU...few years back
As a Mizzou fan I try to block some things out of my memory. :p

Lzen
09-19-2007, 09:16 AM
KU has been beating up on inferior competition. I think it is hard to say how good they are this year because of the weak opponents. However, they have been pummeling these weak teams like a good team should. That gives me hope. Plus, I think if you look at last year and so far this year you will see that Reesing is a better QB than Kerry Meier. And despite what some Tigger fanboys want to believe, Mangino has been able to get some talent at KU. I'm predicting a close game and KU coming out with a W.

Sure-Oz
09-19-2007, 09:39 AM
Mu's d has been good in spots but given up way too many points for my liking

Valiant
09-19-2007, 09:48 AM
When KU goes 10 and 2 or 9 and 3, I'm going to be here trolling saying I told you so. Every game on KU's schedule is winable. Not saying they are going them all, but KU has a shot to win in every game on their schedule. There are no USC's or Oklahoma's in there. KU wasn't as bad last year as their record, this year they've grown as a football team and hopefully can win those close games they lost last year.

We won't know what KU is until they play somebody that is decent.. But you guys will at least get to 4-0 after playing the Florida school of the blind this week.. Realistically you guys would be lucky to split 4-4 in the Big 12 this year..

Hopefully dominating junk teams does not give your team a false sense of accomplishment before they play actual division I football in two weeks..

Skip Towne
09-19-2007, 09:51 AM
KU is just one man short of having good football teams. T. Boone Pickens.

Lzen
09-19-2007, 09:52 AM
We won't know what KU is until they play somebody that is decent.. But you guys will at least get to 4-0 after playing the Florida school of the blind this week.. Realistically you guys would be lucky to split 4-4 in the Big 12 this year..

Hopefully dominating junk teams does not give your team a false sense of accomplishment before they play actual division I football in two weeks..

I've said all along that anything less than 8 wins with this schedule would be a disappointment. I also hope that dominating these junk teams will help build confidence. :) Won't know until October, though.

Anyong Bluth
09-19-2007, 10:14 AM
The fact still remains that KU has played weak teams in the past and either lost to (Toledo) or played them much closer than many would like, and that was in years they did end up beating KSU or MU or Iowa St or the fact Mangino beat NU, which was the 1st time KU has since '68. You can throw in the jobbing they got a few years back vs UT at home, also. I know Mangino's record doesn't make him a world beater and his away record needs to improve, but when you've had to take over for Terry "gameball" Allen, who left the cupboard bear as could possibly be and undid any momentum Glen Mason made, that's a sizable task to work on.

I don't think KU's O is going to keep anywhere near the same pace, but their D is more than solid, and I'd say better then MU's. Other than last year, Pinkel has had little to brag about when playing KU. Don't forget that it was 20-17 with 8:06 left in the 3rd last year before the game got out of hand.

KChiefs1
09-19-2007, 11:57 AM
The KU vs KSU game will let us know who is a pretender or a contender.

HC_Chief
09-19-2007, 12:03 PM
KU has been beating up on inferior competition. I think it is hard to say how good they are this year because of the weak opponents. However, they have been pummeling these weak teams like a good team should. That gives me hope. Plus, I think if you look at last year and so far this year you will see that Reesing is a better QB than Kerry Meier. And despite what some Tigger fanboys want to believe, Mangino has been able to get some talent at KU. I'm predicting a close game and KU coming out with a W.

Lzen nailed it: Reesing at QB gives KU something they lacked last season: a passing attack. Meier SUCKED.

KU can play solid football in all three phases; that's more than you can say for MU. The tiggers have a great offense, but that D? Wow.