PDA

View Full Version : Carl - We will not play young players if season tanks

dirk digler
09-20-2007, 09:56 AM
I happened to listen to part of the interview yesterday with Petro and they did put it up on a podcast. It is a very interesting interview.

http://www.810whb.com/podcast.asp

The highlight of the interview IMO when he said he getting younger it is not as important as getting better. So if you feels an older player is better than an young player he will take the older player regardless of age.

He also feels he owes it to the fans and the NFL to try to win every week. He wants to try to win every game that we can and he will NEVER say the season is over and start playing young players.

He also said he would not play young players like Rudy Niswanger or Herb Taylor if the season is the tank. I suppose that goes for Brodie as well.

Pushead2
09-20-2007, 09:57 AM
F**k him

CupidStunt
09-20-2007, 09:58 AM
Disappointed but painfully not surprised.

I hope the next quote is:

YOU'RE FIRED!

BigRedChief
Damnit Carl! :cuss:
Sum of a $%^&@@!

Splat420
He is not the coach it should not be up to him who plays and who doesn't.

Extra Point
Morten Anderson isn't available. Shucks!!!

BigChiefFan
09-20-2007, 09:59 AM
That's one of the reasons he doesn't have any Super Bowl trophies as a Chief. I understand what he is getting at, but sometimes you have to build for the future and assess the ENTIRE team.

DeezNutz
09-20-2007, 09:59 AM
Most of the 810 guys wrote these comments off as "coach-speak" or in this case, "GM speak," and I think this might be correct. The NFL is different from MLB in that you don't often hear public comments about youth movements, not to say that they don't happen. Teams generally front that they're giving their best to win all games.

ChiTown
09-20-2007, 10:00 AM
This is supposed to surprise us?

This fughead is going to do whatever he can to get to 7 wins. Mediocrity sells in KC - and that cock smoker knows it.

dirk digler
09-20-2007, 10:00 AM
Carl = Brodie will ONLY Play if Damon is hurt or Damon says he can't play

the Talking Can
09-20-2007, 10:01 AM
that's been obvious for a long time

Croyle might as well retire now...

Carl will give the True Fans what they want

"win now"

Splat420
09-20-2007, 10:02 AM
What happen to "You play to win the game" Hello?

Brock
09-20-2007, 10:02 AM
I don't think it's up to him, and I think most of what Carl says is bullshit.

BigChiefFan
09-20-2007, 10:03 AM
I can hear Napolean Dynamite now saying "Idiot".

jjchieffan
09-20-2007, 10:03 AM
That should not be his call. It should be the head coaches. This man is getting as bad about interfering as Jerry Jones and Al Davis. He is supposed to manage the cap, and bring in the talent. It is up to the head coach to decide who plays. :cuss: :cuss: :cuss:

dirk digler
09-20-2007, 10:05 AM
He says he leaves up to Herm and then go and says that Brodie won't play or Rudy or Herb Taylor won't play so I don't know what to believe.

From past history I tend to believe he won't play young players because he never really has.

Splat420
I think most of what Carl says is bullshit.

That should end the thread nothing else needs to be said good day.

StcChief
Herm will advise I'm sure.

DaneMcCloud
09-20-2007, 10:06 AM
Wow. Just wow.

Carl should be fired immediately, if not sooner.

I hope Clark Hunt heard those words...

Rausch

One would think...

dirk digler
He will not take a losing year just to rebuild.

Simplex3
09-20-2007, 10:07 AM
Stop going to the games. Don't keep buying jerseys and blankets and mugs. Don't start again until the Hunt family cleans house at Arrowhead.

Problem solved.

Dr. Johnny Fever
09-20-2007, 10:08 AM
Bingo. Quite telling isn't it.

dirk digler
09-20-2007, 10:08 AM
I encourage everyone to listen to the podcast and make up your own mind but Carl is a ****ing idiot. If he thinks what he is doing is helping to make this team better he needs to be donkey punched.

DaneMcCloud
09-20-2007, 10:10 AM
Stop going to the games. Don't keep buying jerseys and blankets and mugs. Don't start again until the Hunt family cleans house at Arrowhead.

Problem solved.

Easier said than done. No offense but most people in the KC Metro area would be happy to spend a day at Arrowhead, regardless of whether or not the team wins or loses.

Of course, those are the "real fans" but then again, who are the "real fans"?

TurdFerguson
09-20-2007, 10:12 AM
Morten Anderson isn't available. Shucks!!!

Yeah, that was on a thread a couple of days ago...

Mr. Laz
09-20-2007, 10:12 AM
He also feels he owes it to the fans and the NFL to try to win every week..

that's a fookin joke ..... he's not doing this out of some passionate obligation to the fans. As a general rule, Carl pretty much tells the fans to go screw themselves.

hell the fact that Rufus Dawes is still on their website is the big middle finger to the fans.

Carl is doing this for Carl ... nobody else ... let's just get that straight right now.

CoMoChief
09-20-2007, 10:14 AM

Problem solved.
I've been saying this for months now, but people on here bitch and complain how they have waited so long on the waiting list for season tix that they dont wanna just quit going to the games.

If that's the case then there are some huge pussies on this board and if you really want Carl gone, then that is really the only way to do it. If it weren't for him making Lamar money every season by filling the stands and being no more than a mediocre football team, Carl wouldn't be here. Carl is great at being a GM from the business side of things. Player personnel and coaching decisions, not so much.

If you want him gone, stop going to games.

ChiTown
09-20-2007, 10:15 AM
that's a fookin joke ..... he's not doing this out of some passionate obligation to the fans. As a general rule, Carl pretty much tells the fans to go screw themselves.

hell the fact that Rufus Dawes is still on their website is the big middle finger to the fans.

Carl is doing this for Carl ... nobody else ... let's just get that straight right now.

It's an easier letter to write to the season ticket holders when ask for a price increase after you go 6-10 or 7-9 vs 3-13. Although, I don't think it's going to matter who they play. This may be a 3-5 win season no matter what.

Mr. Laz
09-20-2007, 10:16 AM

Problem solved.
2 seconds until people start crying about how "fair weather" chiefs fans are if that happens.

King_Chief_Fan
09-20-2007, 10:16 AM
Easier said than done. No offense but most people in the KC Metro area would be happy to spend a day at Arrowhead, regardless of whether or not the team wins or loses.

Of course, those are the "real fans" but then again, who are the "real fans"?

so, why don't fans just congregate in the parking lots. You don't have to have a ticket to get in the gate. Tail gate and picket outside the stadium. I guarantee that will turn some heads.

chasedude
09-20-2007, 10:21 AM
so, why don't fans just congregate in the parking lots. You don't have to have a ticket to get in the gate. Tail gate and picket outside the stadium. I guarantee that will turn some heads.

Look on the bright side, Food and Booze will be cheaper in the parking lot! :p

Mr. Laz
09-20-2007, 10:22 AM

because they have already paid 90 bucks for a ticket and don't want to just flush it down the drain.

Chiefnj2
09-20-2007, 10:22 AM
There is a difference between playing a young player that has played well in practice/exhibition and looks like he has more room to grow, and playing a young player that hasn't met expectations and playing him just for the sake of his age.

MTG#10
09-20-2007, 10:23 AM
Would anyone be upset if Carl died? You know there would be a big story on ESPN, and the next game at Arrowhead there would be a moment of silence...but would any of you actually care?

I wouldnt.

jjchieffan
09-20-2007, 10:23 AM
I've been saying this for months now, but people on here bitch and complain how they have waited so long on the waiting list for season tix that they dont wanna just quit going to the games.

If that's the case then there are some huge pussies on this board and if you really want Carl gone, then that is really the only way to do it. If it weren't for him making Lamar money every season by filling the stands and being no more than a mediocre football team, Carl wouldn't be here. Carl is great at being a GM from the business side of things. Player personnel and coaching decisions, not so much.

If you want him gone, stop going to games.

So let me get this straight. You are saying that if you had been a season ticket holder for years, and had traded up over and over. You finally got some nice lower level seats on the 20, you are telling me that you would be willing to not renew to make a point to the organization. Please. I agree with the concept. Unfortunately, it will not work. Why? Because the next person in line will snag your tickets in a heartbeat.
Chiefs tickets have been too hard to get for too long. Peterson is near the end of his contract. Our only hope is that it is not renewed.

ChiTown
09-20-2007, 10:24 AM
Would anyone be upset if Carl died? You know there would be a big story on ESPN, and the next game at Arrowhead there would be a moment of silence...but would any of you actually care?

I wouldnt.

Frankly, it would be the honorable thing for him to do at this point......

CoMoChief
09-20-2007, 10:35 AM
So let me get this straight. You are saying that if you had been a season ticket holder for years, and had traded up over and over. You finally got some nice lower level seats on the 20, you are telling me that you would be willing to not renew to make a point to the organization. Please. I agree with the concept. Unfortunately, it will not work. Why? Because the next person in line will snag your tickets in a heartbeat.
Chiefs tickets have been too hard to get for too long. Peterson is near the end of his contract. Our only hope is that it is not renewed.

So youve paid more and more money to an organization that hasn't done shit in return. No thanks Ill pass. I could watch the game at home and spend that extra thousand dollars on something else. It's fans like you and them that are the reason Carl still has a job.

If the Royals are contenders in the next couple seasons, it will turn some heads in the Chiefs front office on what to do about Carl. Carl should be writing a thank you letter to Glass for sucking so bad over the past plus decade. Carl knows this and knows the fans consistently wait and wait for football season. But what happens when the Royals play in OCT? In reality, half of the problem is that the Chiefs are really the only thing in town fans care about.

I'm waiting to hear Carl come out and say that he has accepted a contract extension. That will say a lot about this organization.

People have a uncontrollable blind loyalty to this team, but when is enough enough? The guy has been around for 20 yrs and has shown nothing for it other than bringing the team out of the shit hole that it was in the 80's only to consistently choke in the 90s.

King_Chief_Fan
09-20-2007, 10:39 AM
because they have already paid 90 bucks for a ticket and don't want to just flush it down the drain.

If you don't call flushing it down the drain with what has been seen since the beginning of preseason, I don't know what to tell you. This isn't the first time people will be flushing and with Carl Peteson, it won't be the last.

Micjones
09-20-2007, 10:54 AM
The game's passed King Carl by.
He should have no say so in what players take the field. He shouldn't be allowed to leave on his own terms. He should be pink-slipped.

dirk digler
09-20-2007, 10:54 AM
So youve paid more and more money to an organization that hasn't done shit in return. No thanks Ill pass. I could watch the game at home and spend that extra thousand dollars on something else. It's fans like you and them that are the reason Carl still has a job.

If the Royals are contenders in the next couple seasons, it will turn some heads in the Chiefs front office on what to do about Carl. Carl should be writing a thank you letter to Glass for sucking so bad over the past plus decade. Carl knows this and knows the fans consistently wait and wait for football season. But what happens when the Royals play in OCT? In reality, half of the problem is that the Chiefs are really the only thing in town fans care about.

I'm waiting to hear Carl come out and say that he has accepted a contract extension. That will say a lot about this organization.

People have a uncontrollable blind loyalty to this team, but when is enough enough? The guy has been around for 20 yrs and has shown nothing for it other than bringing the team out of the shit hole that it was in the 80's only to consistently choke in the 90s.

Totally agree CoMoChief. I am actually thinking about buying season tickets to the Royals for next year. I have been to several games this year and I have had a great time.

Frazod
09-20-2007, 11:00 AM
:shake:
This clown SOOOOOOOOOOOOO needs to get whacked.

FAX
09-20-2007, 11:03 AM
Does Carl really make this decision for the team?

FAX

Archie Bunker
09-20-2007, 11:04 AM
I'm just about done with this team. Might just devote all my attention to college football.

Why even care? By supporting this I feel like I'm as big of a joke as this team is.

Micjones
09-20-2007, 11:06 AM
Okay so...
Casey Wiegmann needs to tell you that he's planning to retire before you'll position yourself for the future? He contemplated retirement at the beginning of this season. It's obvious that his days are numbered. Screw Niswanger getting some real playing time should this team be sitting at 2-6 at some point in the year though...

This guy never ceases to amaze me.

Wilson
09-20-2007, 11:19 AM
I'm just about done with this team. Might just devote all my attention to college football.

Why even care? By supporting this I feel like I'm as big of a joke as this team is.
Welcome aboard!

As far as the season ticket holders who keep supporting Carl; **** you too. Quit worrying about where you sit 8 Sundays a year and try to get this team to a Super Bowl before we're dead.

MOhillbilly
09-20-2007, 11:21 AM
He also said he would not play young players like Rudy Niswanger or Herb Taylor if the season is the tank. I suppose that goes for Brodie as well.

if he really said that it just more proof that hes either out of date or out of luck. id consider both.

Gone are the days of waiting on players to develop over years. The biggest part of being able to excel in the nfl as a HC/OC/DC/GM is being able to bring players in that will help you win now.

donkhater
09-20-2007, 11:22 AM
If I had season tickets, I wouldn't give them up. someone else will just take them. Instead, I'd go to the games and let them know how I feel about the direction they are taking the Chiefs.

Man, Huard better get a first down on his first drive this Sunday.

Wilson
09-20-2007, 11:23 AM
If I had season tickets, I wouldn't give them up. someone else will just take them. Instead, I'd go to the games and let them know how I feel about the direction they are taking the Chiefs.

Man, Huard better get a first down on his first drive this Sunday.

That's a nice, cozy and convient excuse isn't it?

DaneMcCloud
09-20-2007, 11:27 AM
I hope that JWhit picks up on this and absolutely destroys CP in his next article.

As much as I despise KK, I hope he doesn't stop talking about this all season. I'm sure Jack Harry's already whacking off to the thought of tonight's broadcast.

donkhater
09-20-2007, 11:27 AM
That's a nice, cozy and convient excuse isn't it?
Why should I let my hatred of King Carl ruin my love of the Chiefs? Better I use them and voice my opinion than some wine and cheese eater bitching about everyone standing all the time.

For the record, I live in Indiana and do not own season tickets.

Wilson
09-20-2007, 11:29 AM
Why should I let my hatred of King Carl ruin my love of the Chiefs? Better I use them and voice my opinion than some wine and cheese eater bitching about everyone standing all the time.

Fine, then don't bitch about who your supporting. Smile and take it, your a real fan.

Congrats!

Simplex3
09-20-2007, 11:36 AM

I wouldnt.
I'd care. I just wouldn't be sad.

PastorMikH
09-20-2007, 11:49 AM
I happened to listen to part of the interview yesterday with Petro and they did put it up on a podcast. It is a very interesting interview.

http://www.810whb.com/podcast.asp

The highlight of the interview IMO when he said he getting younger it is not as important as getting better. So if you feels an older player is better than an young player he will take the older player regardless of age.

He also feels he owes it to the fans and the NFL to try to win every week. He wants to try to win every game that we can and he will NEVER say the season is over and start playing young players.

Then why'd he trade Green then? Or Tynes?

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-20-2007, 11:49 AM
About the :02 mark is all I have to say

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qLdA5PJ21SA"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qLdA5PJ21SA" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

ChiefsCountry
09-20-2007, 12:14 PM
No offense but you guys are getting your panties in awad bc Carl in the 2nd week is using PR speak. He isnt publically say that we are going to play young guys that would be the kiss of death for playoff chances at this part of the season.

Mr. Laz
09-20-2007, 12:27 PM
No offense but you guys are getting your panties in awad bc Carl in the 2nd week is using PR speak. He isnt publically say that we are going to play young guys that would be the kiss of death for playoff chances at this part of the season.
actually i think everyone is getting their "panties in a wad" because Carl finally said what many people already believed.

top priority = win enough games to keep butts in the seats

anything else is gravy.

CoMoChief
09-20-2007, 12:32 PM

Yeah Im sure CP really gives two shits about your voice being heard too.

If you want him gone, don't support the team in any way financially.

Simply Red
09-20-2007, 12:40 PM
Yeah, that was on a thread a couple of days ago...
Did you grow up in B.S. Turd?

Iowanian
09-20-2007, 12:40 PM
The GM should have very, very little input on WHO PLAYS on sundays...

Suck Denise's ass Carl.

ChiefsFan4Life
09-20-2007, 12:42 PM
How does Clark Hunt listen to something like this and NOT fire the guy? Seriously, can't he grow a set and get rid of this cancer and let us start over?

Honestly, if ANY Chiefs fan could be Clark Hunt for a day, is there anyone who WOULDN'T get rid of Carl?

This is a joke. A complete joke.