View Full Version : UFC 76 Fight Card

BIG_DADDY
09-21-2007, 10:32 AM
-Mauricio "Shogun" Rua vs. Forrest Griffin
-Chuck Liddell vs. Keith Jardine
-Diego Sanchez vs. Jon Fitch
-Kazuhiro Nakamura vs. Lyoto Machida
-Tyson Griffin vs. Thiago Tavares

I would really like to see Forrest win this one, it would be huge for his career. FG is a brawler who has not been polished so I hope he has really been working on his game as he is going to need it against Rua. I just don't wee him getting that good that fast.

I see Chuck knocking him out.

Sanchez -vs- Fitch fight should be interesting. I think Fitch prvides the same problems Koscheck did. I'll take Fitch.

I like Machida against Nakamura. I think he will over power him.

I am going to go out on a limb and go with Thiago in an upset against a very tuff Tyson Griffen.

Date # Team Money Line Total

UFC - UFC 76 - Honda Center CA
9/22/07 900 Fight Matchups
OFF OFF OFF
23:30 ET Fight Matchups
OFF OFF OFF

UFC - UFC 76 - Light Heavyweight Matchup
9/22/07 905 Chuck Liddell
-450 OFF OFF
23:30 ET Keith Jardine
+300 OFF OFF

9/22/07 910 Mauricio Rua
-285 OFF OFF
23:00 ET Forrest Griffin
+225 OFF OFF

UFC - UFC 76 - Lightweight Matchup
9/22/07 915 Tyson Griffin
-165 OFF OFF
22:30 ET Thiago Tavares
+135 OFF OFF

UFC - UFC 76 - Welterweight Matchup
9/22/07 920 Jon Fitch
-125 OFF OFF
22:00 ET Diego Sanchez
-105 OFF OFF

9/22/07 923 Lyoto Machida
-200 OFF OFF
22:10 ET Kazuhiro Nakamura
+160 OFF OFF

9/22/07 926 Jeremy Stephens
-210 OFF OFF
20:15 ET Diego Saraiva
+170 OFF OFF

UFC - UFC 76 - Heavyweight Matchup
9/22/07 929 Christian Wellisch
-240 OFF OFF
20:15 ET Scott Junk
+190 OFF OFF

9/22/07 932 Matt Wiman
-280 OFF OFF
20:15 ET Michihiro Omigawa
+220 OFF OFF

UFC - UFC 76 - Welterweight Matchup
9/22/07 935 Anthony Johnson
-205 OFF OFF
20:15 ET Rich Clementi
+165 OFF OFF

BIG_DADDY
09-21-2007, 11:11 AM
Quick question to anyone who has ever bought or rented a UFC DVD. Do they show all the fights?

MOhillbilly
09-21-2007, 11:12 AM
i think liddel gets beat by jardine. even before he lost his title he acted as if something was in his head and after rampage beat him w/ a tko i doubt hell ever be the same.some dogs get bit one to many times. this is a good card though cant wait.

BIG_DADDY
09-21-2007, 11:15 AM
i think liddel gets beat by jardine. even before he lost his title he acted as if something was in his head and after rampage beat him w/ a tko i doubt hell ever be the same.some dogs get bit one to many times. this is a good card though cant wait.

I think he was just enjoying the good life all those $$$$$ brought him. It's the fighters curse.

MOhillbilly
09-21-2007, 11:16 AM
Quick question to anyone who has ever bought or rented a UFC DVD. Do they show all the fights?

my buddy lifted acouple and its just like watching PPV.

MOhillbilly
09-21-2007, 11:17 AM
I think he was just enjoying the good life all those $$$$$ brought him. It's the fighters curse.
could be but its not like theyre making boxing cash. the more i watch the more i think its like the .... pugalistic arts of old.

BIG_DADDY
09-21-2007, 11:22 AM
my buddy lifted acouple and its just like watching PPV.

So they still don't show the other fight? That really sucks. It's not like you ever get a chance to see them either. I wanted to check out the Babaloo fight in 75.

BIG_DADDY
09-21-2007, 11:23 AM
could be but its not like theyre making boxing cash. the more i watch the more i think its like the .... pugalistic arts of old.

Ice Man still made pretty good coin. Big pay days are on the way.

MOhillbilly
09-21-2007, 11:27 AM
So they still don't show the other fight? That really sucks. It's not like you ever get a chance to see them either. I wanted to check out the Babaloo fight in 75.
no man you get the whole card. i see what your saying now.

MOhillbilly
09-21-2007, 11:27 AM
Ice Man still made pretty good coin. Big pay days are on the way.

i heard less than 300K for a title fight. true?

BIG_DADDY
09-21-2007, 11:41 AM
i heard less than 300K for a title fight. true?

I think it depends on the title. Some matches still don't pay shit. Dana is a dick. If he could get by paying these guys nothing an pocketing everything for the the UFC he would. Ice Man was at the top of the food chain though. Frank Shamrock made over 250k is some little league out here in San Jose. They list the paydays on Sherdog when they fight. I'll see if I can find the coin made on the Rampage fight.

BIG_DADDY
09-21-2007, 11:45 AM
-Chuck Liddell: $500,000 (18th fight in UFC; lost to Quinton Jackson)
-Quinton Jackson: $225,000 (2nd fight in UFC after 17 fights in Pride; defeated Chuck Liddell)
-Karo Parisyan: $32,000 (9th fight in UFC; defeated Josh Burkman)
-Ivan Salaverry: $17,500 (6th fight in UFC; lost to Terry Martin)
-Terry Martin: $12,000 (4th fight in UFC; defeated Ivan Salaverry)
-Kalib Starnes: $10,000 (3rd fight in UFC; defeated Chris Leben)
-Chris Leben: $10,000 (9th fight in UFC; lost to Kalib Starnes)
-Houston Alexander: $8,000 (1st fight in UFC; defeated Keith Jardine)
-Josh Burkman: $7,000 (6th fight in UFC; lost to Karo Parisyan)
-Keith Jardine: $7,000 (6th fight in UFC; lost to Houston Alexander)
-Din Thomas: $28,000 (7th fight in UFC; defeated Jeremy Stephens)
-Wilson Gouveia: $16,000 (4th fight in UFC; defeated Carmelo Marrero)
-Thiago Silva: $16,000 (1st fight in UFC; defeated James Irvin)
-Alan Belcher: $14,000 (4th fight in UFC; defeated Sean Salmon)
-James Irvin: $7,000 (5th fight in UFC; lost to Thiago Silva)
-Carmelo Marrero: $5,000 (3rd fight in UFC; lost to Wilson Gouveia)
-Sean Salmon: $3,000 (2nd fight in UFC; lost to Alan Belcher)
-Jeremy Stephens: $3,000 (1st fight in UFC; lost to Din Thomas)

BigVE
09-21-2007, 11:46 AM
The real question for me would be: What is Dana White's salary? You know it's huge. I know it will take time for the purses to go up but it still doesn't seem balanced. Some of these poor guys with decent records are getting pummeled 4 or 5 times a year and barely getting by.

Big Daddy I got a question: whats the latest on Orlovski? Haven't heard too much about him lately but a year and a half ago he was the poster child for the UFC. I know he got beat at least once and then had a mediocre comeback fight but that's the last I seen.

BIG_DADDY
09-21-2007, 11:51 AM
Here is some more.

http://www.mmaplayground.com/discussion/topic/ufc-salaries-1446p1.html

BIG_DADDY
09-21-2007, 12:21 PM
The real question for me would be: What is Dana White's salary? You know it's huge. I know it will take time for the purses to go up but it still doesn't seem balanced. Some of these poor guys with decent records are getting pummeled 4 or 5 times a year and barely getting by.

Big Daddy I got a question: whats the latest on Orlovski? Haven't heard too much about him lately but a year and a half ago he was the poster child for the UFC. I know he got beat at least once and then had a mediocre comeback fight but that's the last I seen.

According to his sight he went to Europe to train for awhile and is taking a little time off. He has not fights scheduled right now. After losing to Sylvia twice he is going to have to make his way through the ranks and with all the new fighters coming in from PRIDE he is going to have to make his way through those guys to get another shot. A lot PRIDE guys have not fought in awhile and need the work though so I imagine that is why is is working on his game now. I just hope they sign Emelienko before everything passes him by.

Simplex3
09-21-2007, 12:40 PM
As much as I think the majority of CEO's salaries are f**king outrageous, anything Dana White is pulling in is fair. That guy took a fringe, sideshow style product and is making it one of the premier sports in the world. Piss on Dana all you want, but without him Liddell and Jackson are splitting $72,500, not $725,000.

BIG_DADDY
09-21-2007, 01:18 PM
As much as I think the majority of CEO's salaries are f**king outrageous, anything Dana White is pulling in is fair. That guy took a fringe, sideshow style product and is making it one of the premier sports in the world. Piss on Dana all you want, but without him Liddell and Jackson are splitting $72,500, not $725,000.

It's a start. They certainly are the match that is starting the inferno that is modern day MMA for the masses.

El Jefe
09-21-2007, 01:55 PM
I have wanted to see Emelianenko in the UFC since the merger. He has never been beaten, I have seen almost all his fights, guy is straight up a beast. Funny thing is, he isn't huge 6'1, and he isn't ripped, and he just destroys people. BD, you ever heard of or watched Hong Man Choi, that is one big Asian there, he could be really good with his gigantic size. I watched him against Bob Sapp.

BIG_DADDY
09-21-2007, 02:07 PM
I have wanted to see Emelianenko in the UFC since the merger. He has never been beaten, I have seen almost all his fights, guy is straight up a beast. Funny thing is, he isn't huge 6'1, and he isn't ripped, and he just destroys people. BD, you ever heard of or watched Hong Man Choi, that is one big Asian there, he could be really good with his gigantic size. I watched him against Bob Sapp.

Hong Man Choi? LMAO No never heard of him. Probably wouldn't laugh if I met him though huh?

El Jefe
09-21-2007, 02:16 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Choi_Hong-man

Yea I would be scared as much as you. This is what im talking about.

El Jefe
09-21-2007, 02:23 PM
Hey BD, I have heard, Fedor is still fighting in the carribean, in the Bodog events. I wonder what is keeping him from the UFC?

Third Eye
09-21-2007, 02:46 PM
Hey BD, I have heard, Fedor is still fighting in the carribean, in the Bodog events. I wonder what is keeping him from the UFC?
The UFC wants Randy as the champ. That is just my view, probably not true in the slightest though.

I would really like to see Forest win this one, but I doubt it. Shogun is a beast. Forest is one of the two legitimates that I mentioned the other day, Big Daddy. I agree that he isn't ready yet though. I do think he got screwed in the Tito fight. Tito obviously won the first round, but I gave the last two to Griffin.

BIG_DADDY
09-21-2007, 03:03 PM
The UFC wants Randy as the champ. That is just my view, probably not true in the slightest though.

I would really like to see Forest win this one, but I doubt it. Shogun is a beast. Forest is one of the two legitimates that I mentioned the other day, Big Daddy. I agree that he isn't ready yet though. I do think he got screwed in the Tito fight. Tito obviously won the first round, but I gave the last two to Griffin.

I agree with everything you are saying except the Randy part. Yea they like having him as a champion but don't kid yourself they would love to sign Fedor. I think it's all about the $$$$. Dana is just being stingy.

Rumour was he signed with Bodog and they used him in a couple commercials but thet disapperared. I would think if they signed him they would be promoting him and a fight which isn't the case.

ragedogg69
09-22-2007, 08:49 PM
awesome first fight.

lmao. next fight the asian guy comes out with an oriental umbrella or something. just randomly smacking people in the head with it when getting patted down. lol weird guy

ArrowheadHawk
09-22-2007, 09:16 PM
now the fun begins i think fitch will give diego his first stoppage, as in getting a loss by stoppage

ragedogg69
09-22-2007, 09:37 PM
diego was so close to getting him to submit

chop
09-22-2007, 09:44 PM
I wasn't able to get this card so any updates would be appreciated.

ArrowheadHawk
09-22-2007, 09:48 PM
fitch wins by split decision

ArrowheadHawk
09-22-2007, 09:49 PM
save your allowance the fights are only $40.00 thats about the same as taking my family to the movies now a days

ArrowheadHawk
09-22-2007, 09:50 PM
and shogun time is about to begin

chop
09-22-2007, 09:53 PM
save your allowance the fights are only $40.00 thats about the same as taking my family to the movies now a days

I had to pick up my daughter from an event she went to so I wasn't around to see the entire card so I didn't get it.

Thanks for the update.

ArrowheadHawk
09-22-2007, 09:55 PM
I had to pick up my daughter from an event she went to so I wasn't around to see the entire card so I didn't get it.

Thanks for the update.
ok you are excused the kids come first

Delano
09-22-2007, 09:58 PM

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news.asp?n_id=9169

It's not real-time, but it's pretty good.

chop
09-22-2007, 10:02 PM
http://www.sherdog.com/news/news.asp?n_id=9169

It's not real-time, but it's pretty good.

Thanks.

Delano
09-22-2007, 10:17 PM
LOL -- Sherdog submits after several million users log on.

Delano
09-22-2007, 10:18 PM
How did the Griffin/Rua fight end?

ArrowheadHawk
09-22-2007, 10:21 PM
How did the Griffin/Rua fight end?
griffen submitted him in the third, he was gonna win on the cards if this didn't happen

chop
09-22-2007, 10:23 PM
griffen submitted him in the third, he was gonna win on the cards if this didn't happen

Was it a good fight to watch?

I was hoping Griffen would win. Sounds like he was in control for the majority of the fight.

ArrowheadHawk
09-22-2007, 10:25 PM
Was it a good fight to watch?

I was hoping Griffen would win. Sounds like he was in control for the majority of the fight.
it was a good fight but in the middle of the second round Rua started to gas and hang his hands you could tell that his conditioning wasn't there, and in post fight interviews forrest said the choke wasn't that good but conditioning is a bitch

ArrowheadHawk
09-22-2007, 10:26 PM
currently Jardin is walking to the ring i think he will get knocked out... if jardin loses I will be 5 of 5 on my picks for tonight

ArrowheadHawk
09-22-2007, 10:31 PM
chuck looks seriously focused as he walks into the ring...they are also saying that if he wins he will face vanderlay silva(sp?) in December

ArrowheadHawk
09-22-2007, 10:41 PM
The first round was close but i give it to lidell because jardin is bloody, jardin has landed a few kicks though

Delano
09-22-2007, 10:44 PM
The first round was close but i give it to lidell because jardin is bloody, jardin has landed a few kicks though

Sherdog has it 10-9 for Lidell.

Does Jardine look tired already?

ArrowheadHawk
09-22-2007, 10:47 PM
Round 2, Keith is doing some damage with his kicks he rocked lidell momentarilly, but jardin's face is bloody but going into round 3 i think we have a tie.

ArrowheadHawk
09-22-2007, 10:53 PM
we are going to have to wait for a decision but i think jardin just defeated lidell 29-28

ArrowheadHawk
09-22-2007, 10:54 PM
i think the ufc should have 4 rnds for non title fights and a fifth if it is still tied

ArrowheadHawk
09-22-2007, 10:55 PM
Jardin wins by split decision

Delano
09-22-2007, 10:56 PM
Jardin wins by split decision

That is a ****ing shocker. :banghead:

KCJake
09-22-2007, 10:57 PM
Wow! Just checked-in to see who one the fight. Jardin won! Big upset. Did you watch the fight?

ArrowheadHawk
09-22-2007, 10:58 PM
Wow! Just checked-in to see who one the fight. Jardin won! Big upset. Did you watch the fight?
yeah i watched it, it was close but Jardin definately one the last 2 rounds

KCJake
09-22-2007, 11:01 PM
yeah i watched it, it was close but Jardin definately one the last 2 rounds
So was chuck just unable to land the big right hand? Was Jardin's leg kicks effective?

CoMoChief
09-22-2007, 11:06 PM
If Liddell didn't buckle in the 2nd rd, the fight would have easily been his.

It was almost as if Chuck fought not to lose instead of really attacking Jardin.

ragedogg69
09-22-2007, 11:11 PM
chuck was very lethargic in the 3rd round.

great ppv. even if their was no title on the line in the main.

(one of the great things about ufc ppvs, usually the undercard will shine despite a lackluster main.)

BIG_DADDY
09-24-2007, 11:02 AM
If Liddell didn't buckle in the 2nd rd, the fight would have easily been his.

It was almost as if Chuck fought not to lose instead of really attacking Jardin.

He kept trying to measure him up but he would get hit with that roundhouse kick on the way in or countered a lot.

GREAT FIGHTS. I am sooooooo stoked for Forest.

Simplex3
09-24-2007, 11:41 AM
GREAT FIGHTS. I am sooooooo stoked for Forest.
Wow. According to Sherdog's recap Griffin took this guy apart on the ground, too. That's a real shocker. If Griffin keeps getting better at this pace the rest of the division had better watch out.

BIG_DADDY
09-24-2007, 12:18 PM
Wow. According to Sherdog's recap Griffin took this guy apart on the ground, too. That's a real shocker. If Griffin keeps getting better at this pace the rest of the division had better watch out.

He looked good on the ground except he was reluctant to put in his hooks when he got back side control. He wouldn't even clench to hold the position so Rua would just roll him into his guard. He must have done that like 15 times it was frusterating to watch. I am sure they will fix that though.

Fishpicker
09-24-2007, 01:04 PM
chuck was very lethargic in the 3rd round.

yep. I think Chuck was hindered from all those kicks to his torso and leg. it would be pretty tough to mount an offense when his spleen was about to fall out of his ass.

chop
09-24-2007, 01:07 PM
He looked good on the ground except he was reluctant to put in his hooks when he got back side control. He wouldn't even clench to hold the position so Rua would just roll him into his guard. He must have done that like 15 times it was flustrating to watch. I am sure they will fix that though.

I fixed your post.

Fishpicker
09-24-2007, 01:10 PM
BIG_DADDY: who else from chute box academy has signed on with UFC? I know they plan on having V.Silva fight. Are there any BTT guys signed on with UFC?

I miss the BTT vs Chute box rivalry. that rivalry kept PrideFC afloat for a year... i wonder if Dana could bring the same thing to UFC.

Fishpicker
09-24-2007, 01:11 PM
I fixed your post.

weak sauce

BIG_DADDY
09-24-2007, 01:16 PM
BIG_DADDY: who else from chute box academy has signed on with UFC? I know they plan on having V.Silva fight. Are there any BTT guys signed on with UFC?

I miss the BTT vs Chute box rivalry. that rivalry kept PrideFC afloat for a year... i wonder if Dana could bring the same thing to UFC.

I am not sure who has signed and who hasn't. Now that PRIDE is here I am sure it is going to be a bunch of little gangs. BTT, Chute Box, Team Couture, Miletich ect. My one wish is that we had PRIDE rules in the cage. That would be AWESOME!!!

BIG_DADDY
09-24-2007, 01:20 PM
I would like to see Arona and Bustamonte come over as well.

Fishpicker
09-24-2007, 01:27 PM
I am not sure who has signed and who hasn't. Now that PRIDE is here I am sure it is going to be a bunch of little gangs. BTT, Chute Box, Team Couture, Miletich ect. My one wish is that we had PRIDE rules in the cage. That would be AWESOME!!!

ultimately, I'd like to see a hybridization of the rules with elbows and kicks to grounded opponents. i think that would be ideal. But, I'd also like the UFC to do away with the "Holding the fence" rules. that really only makes sense in a ring. the fence almost begs to be grabbed.

It'll never happen so long as UFC bows down to athletic commissions. I dont know why they do that. Athletic commissions come up with the most absurd decisions sometimes.

BIG_DADDY
09-24-2007, 01:33 PM
ultimately, I'd like to see a hybridization of the rules with elbows and kicks to grounded opponents. i think that would be ideal. But, I'd also like the UFC to do away with the "Holding the fence" rules. that really only makes sense in a ring. the fence almost begs to be grabbed.

It'll never happen so long as UFC bows down to athletic commissions. I dont know why they do that. Athletic commissions come up with the most absurd decisions sometimes.

It's the Vegas thing. There are so many good fighters out there right now the sport is just begging for a big spender to come in and create a 2nd league most likely in California. Stay out of Vegas and make your own rules. The profit margin on this is huge right now I am surprised it hasn't happened yet. It doesn't look like Bodog and their East coast thing is going to be it.

keg in kc
09-24-2007, 02:06 PM
There are so many good fighters out there right now the sport is just begging for a big spender to come in and create a 2nd league most likely in California. Believe Mark Cuban is starting a league sometime in the not-to-distant future.

MOhillbilly
09-24-2007, 03:50 PM
told you chuck was done. he looked like a man fighting in a pool. jardine was hurting him badly with his kicks.

BIG_DADDY
09-24-2007, 03:51 PM
Believe Mark Cuban is starting a league sometime in the not-to-distant future.

You know what, with his money he could take over the entire sport. Probably be a great owner too.

BIG_DADDY
09-24-2007, 03:57 PM
told you chuck was done. he looked like a man fighting in a pool. jardine was hurting him badly with his kicks.

Hope you made some money on it. :)

BIG_DADDY
09-24-2007, 04:00 PM
Believe Mark Cuban is starting a league sometime in the not-to-distant future.

WOW!!!

http://yardbarker.com/mma/articles/Mark_Cuban_Getting_into_MMA/26204

If this is true then the world of MMA is about to be turned on it's head. People will be leaving the UFC at light speed. Dana is a dick. Zuffa doesn't give a rats ass about anyone but themself. I think Cuban could be exactly what this sport need to launch it to the next 3 or 4 levels.