PDA

View Full Version : Cut the crap: there are only 2 options, and they are mutually exclusive

the Talking Can
09-21-2007, 02:54 PM
A simple premise: The Chiefs would not play a Veteran QB if they didn't believe that QB could take us to the Superbowl.

To believe otherwise is to believe that the Chiefs would play a shitty Vet QB just "because"....which is cynical and frankly perverse. I don't believe they are that sick.

I believe that they believe Huard is the answer (which is so damn depressing).

So, let's draw a big bright line in the sand. You believe Huard can take us to the superbowl or you do not. No middle ground.

-- If you believe that Huard can take us to the Superbowl then you are happy. Everything makes sense.

-- If you do not believe that Huard can take us to the Superbowl, then you must also believe that every snap he takes is a literal waste. A snap wasted on a player who can not take us to the Superbowl. A snap that keeps us from moving towards the future. A future in which we either a) play Croyle b)draft another QB or c) sign another Vet QB can actually take us to the Superbowl.

So, where do you stand?

And there is no middle ground here. Middle ground is for assholes.

Hammock Parties
09-21-2007, 02:56 PM
Consider me an asshole. Playing Croyle now could do irreparable damage.

the Talking Can
09-21-2007, 02:57 PM

no, that just makes you stupid

Reaper16
09-21-2007, 02:59 PM
:spock:

crazycoffey
09-21-2007, 03:00 PM
Huard CAN, but WILL he?

I want brodie to start, but think Huard is a good QB too and can win games for us. I'm not happy with how it is right now and not everything "makes sense" but I'm not in the meetings, I'm not at practice, I'm not in the locker room, so - be glad I'm not (or we're not) making the decision to change either.

Stinger
09-21-2007, 03:01 PM
You must remember that this is the same board that labled Trent, Priest, and LJ a bust when we first saw them play.

Are you sure you want us to decide this???

Hammock Parties
09-21-2007, 03:02 PM
Do you folks not remember how badly Huard got his ass kicked in Chicago? Do you really want to see the same thing happen to Brodie? He got CLOBBERED on the first play he was in there. I don't wish that on the young man.

dj56dt58
09-21-2007, 03:03 PM
I think they would have to think that our Defense, not Huard, can take us to the SB, and that Huard can Manage the game better and make less mistakes than Croyle.

the Talking Can
09-21-2007, 03:05 PM
Huard CAN, but WILL he?

I want brodie to start, but think Huard is a good QB too and can win games for us. I'm not happy with how it is right now and not everything "makes sense" but I'm not in the meetings, I'm not at practice, I'm not in the locker room, so - be glad I'm not (or we're not) making the decision to change either.

"winning games" is pointless Carl speak...do you believe Huard can take this team to the Superbowl?

your pleasure or displeasure will flow from that decision...

Molitoth
09-21-2007, 03:11 PM
Do you folks not remember how badly Huard got his ass kicked in Chicago? Do you really want to see the same thing happen to Brodie? He got CLOBBERED on the first play he was in there. I don't wish that on the young man.

Coming into the game with an even score might lead the Offensive Line to play a little better because they have confidence in thier head that they could actually win.

cdcox
09-21-2007, 03:12 PM

This is tne big leagues. It comes the the territory. If he doen't want to be out there NOW, he doesn't have sufficient desire to make it in the NFL.

crazycoffey
09-21-2007, 03:13 PM
"winning games" is pointless Carl speak...do you believe Huard can take this team to the Superbowl?

your pleasure or displeasure will flow from that decision...

re-read the first sentence....

Hammock Parties
09-21-2007, 03:14 PM
This is tne big leagues. It comes the the territory. If he doen't want to be out there NOW, he doesn't have sufficient desire to make it in the NFL.

I just think he's gonna get injured. He needs to be eased in like Rivers.

the Talking Can
09-21-2007, 03:14 PM

yeah, the 4 straight passes he completed after that were terrible...we don't want him to learn or improve or overcome...put him on the bench

oh no, he might get a boo-boo playing football...

Chiefnj2
09-21-2007, 03:15 PM
If Grossman can make it to a Super Bowl then Huard can.

Baby Lee
09-21-2007, 03:16 PM
You must remember that this is the same board that labled Trent, Priest, and LJ a bust when we first saw them play.

Are you sure you want us to decide this???
I don't recall a lot of poor mouthing the play of LJ or Priest. I do of Trent, but gawd did he deserve it when we first saw him play. Whole first season really.

Duck Dog
09-21-2007, 03:17 PM
If Grossman can make it to a Super Bowl then Huard can.

We don't have the defense the Bears did.

BigChiefFan
09-21-2007, 03:17 PM
Win a Super Bowl?? He's 5-5 as the Chiefs starter with 11 years NFL tutelage. If he hasn't done it by now, he probably never will, but don't let that stop Carl and the boys from thinking otherwise.

cdcox
09-21-2007, 03:18 PM
I just think he's gonna get injured. He needs to be eased in like Rivers.

Injury is always a risk.

Again if he is not durable enough, he won't make it in the long run.

Besides, Rivers still isn't a bonafide franchise QB, even though he was allowed plenty of time to hold the clipboard. The Chargers could still end up going a different direction within a few years.

Baby Lee
09-21-2007, 03:19 PM
To believe otherwise is to believe that the Chiefs would play a shitty Vet QB just "because"....which is cynical and frankly perverse. I don't believe they are that sick.
Chiefs started the preseason seeing a Mustang and an Edsel in their garage. Went to start up the Mustang and damned if someone hadn't stolen the engine. Thought maybe they had a couple of leads on getting an engine for the Mustang, but they had to get to work, so they hopped in the Edsel and lugged on down the road.

the Talking Can
09-21-2007, 03:21 PM
Chiefs started the preseason seeing a Mustang and an Edsel in their garage. Went to start up the Mustang and damned if someone hadn't stolen the engine. Thought maybe they had a couple of leads on getting an engine for the Mustang, but they had to get to work, so they hopped in the Edsel and lugged on down the road.

i don't know what the internet is

movinbones
09-21-2007, 03:33 PM

When you count to 2 Mississppi's and then curl up in the fetal position you are going to get "CLOBBERED".

DaneMcCloud
09-21-2007, 03:44 PM
If Mark Rypien, Stan Humphries, Chris Chandler, Trent Dilfer, Neil O'Donnell, Brad Johnson and all the other over-the-hill, washed up QB's can take a team to the Super Bowl, then Damon Huard can certainly lead a team to the Super Bowl.

But with Herm overseeing the offense, probably not.

Eleazar
09-21-2007, 03:48 PM
Huard can probably take us to the Super Bowl. I mean, some of us anyway, he makes a lot of money, and he probably has some kind of connection with the league or something. I'm sure he could hook us up.

JuicesFlowing
09-21-2007, 03:55 PM
lightning in a bottle? that might apply to Huard last year. at 0-2, and looking at our schedule, which is perhaps the shittiest schedule in the league, i'm all for starting Croyle now. if Croyle is our "future" then why in the hell isn't he getting experience???????? because Huard is so damn good ... whatever.

jAZ
09-21-2007, 04:09 PM
You owe me an apology.

Hammock Parties
09-21-2007, 04:12 PM
You owe me an apology.

I'm sorry you're a colossal douchebag.

Extra Point
09-21-2007, 04:13 PM
I'm for another season of the Brodie Bench. Our tackles can't protect him. Huard will have to tough it out being curled up at the whistle.

carlos3652
I dont know if its been said, but maybe they believe that having Huard out there might develop the young WR, FB better than Croyle would...

Extra Point
I dont know if its been said, but maybe they believe that having Huard out there might develop the young WR, FB better than Croyle would...

That makes sense.

Micjones
09-21-2007, 04:14 PM
I like Huard, but I think we need to find out what we have in Croyle. Otherwise we could wind up being mediocre this season and next season.

Oh and if Croyle isn't our guy and we have to find that out next season... We'll have to either draft a QB (which could mean a third consecutive losing season), or sign a veteran (which puts us back where we started in 2001 with Green).

Talk about picking your poison.
You could either ride the storm out with Huard and hope we can get it turned around this season, BUT that could mean waiting until next year to see what Croyle has...

This is all so confusing.

We should've traded up and taken Quinn.
Then we could justify letting the kid take his lumps.

A Third Round commitment to the QB spot makes it hard to know when and how long a commitment we should make to Croyle.

FAX
09-21-2007, 04:15 PM

I don't know, Mr. carlos3652. That's like training a puppy on a choke chain and a 5 inch lead.

FAX

htismaqe
09-21-2007, 04:15 PM

I work for the best ass-kisser in the KC Media. Whatever the Chiefs do, I'll agree with it.

htismaqe
09-21-2007, 04:16 PM
Otherwise we could wind up being mediocre this season and next season.

It's the ****ing CHIEFS we're talking about!

They're gonna be mediocre from now until we DIE. :shake:

Eleazar
09-21-2007, 04:17 PM
I work for the best ass-kisser in the KC Media. Whatever the Chiefs do, I'll agree with it.

carlos3652
09-21-2007, 04:19 PM
I don't know, Mr. carlos3652. That's like training a puppy on a choke chain and a 5 inch lead.

FAX

I know, but if they feel that Croyle (at this point) can grow along with the young kids on this offense, I think he would be in there... I feel them starting Croyle right now, might hurt our other younger players development?

Hammock Parties

Come on now, you know this isn't true.

Mr. Laz
well it's weird to see that Goat has taken up my position about Brodie Croyle ......

it's not black or white because TC has failed to allow for a 3rd variable of the argument .... the development of Brodie Croyle.

At the beginning of the season the offense was in shambles and Brodie Croyle's confidence was shot to shite. Our RB held out, our left tackle was coming back from an injury and we just didn't know what we had on the offense side of the ball.

Starting a young QB in that situation was probably not a good idea.

i still believe Croyle will start after the bye week BECAUSE that's what is best for Croyle.

the poll is flawed and doesn't allow for the consideration of what is best for the develop of a young quarterback.

The maker of the poll just assumes that playing Croyle is what's best when that is just his opinion.

Skip Towne
09-21-2007, 04:21 PM
If Mark Rypien, Stan Humphries, Chris Chandler, Trent Dilfer, Neil O'Donnell, Brad Johnson and all the other over-the-hill, washed up QB's can take a team to the Super Bowl, then Damon Huard can certainly lead a team to the Super Bowl.

But with Herm overseeing the offense, probably not.
Don't you mean Carl overseeing the offense? Herm isn't allowed to pick the uniform we wear.

Hammock Parties
09-21-2007, 04:22 PM
well it's weird to see that Goat has taken up my position about Brodie Croyle ......

I changed my opinion after the Saints game. The O-line is actually better than they showed that week, but Huard still got ****ing killed in Chicago.

Mr. Laz
09-21-2007, 04:23 PM
I changed my opinion after the Saints game. The O-line is actually better than they showed that week, but Huard still got ****ing killed in Chicago.
fair enough

jAZ
09-21-2007, 04:27 PM
I'm sorry...
Thanks!
...you're a colossal douchebag.
Well, at least we all know (and you admit) you've got a history of colossally bad judgement.

BigMeatballDave
09-21-2007, 05:00 PM
Consider me an asshole. Playing Croyle now could do irreparable damage.I really don't know how to respond to this...
:shake:

BigMeatballDave
09-21-2007, 05:02 PM
Do you folks not remember how badly Huard got his ass kicked in Chicago? Do you really want to see the same thing happen to Brodie? He got CLOBBERED on the first play he was in there. I don't wish that on the young man.He also completed 4 consecutive passes right after that. Something Huard hasn't done...

KCChiefsMan
09-21-2007, 05:04 PM
once Sippio hits the field Huard will look like the next Joe Montana

BigMeatballDave
09-21-2007, 05:04 PM
If Grossman can make it to a Super Bowl then Huard can.Dude, Chicage had an all-world D last season. They made it in spite of him...

BigMeatballDave
09-21-2007, 05:06 PM

But with Herm overseeing the offense, probably not.As UNtalented as thoes guys are, they are still way better than Huard...

Hammock Parties
09-21-2007, 05:09 PM
He also completed 4 consecutive passes right after that. Something Huard hasn't done...

Other than one deep pass, all Croyle did was dump the ball off.

BigMeatballDave
09-21-2007, 05:09 PM
I'm for another season of the Brodie Bench. Our tackles can't protect him. Huard will have to tough it out being curled up at the whistle.BS! Huard is a statue. Brodie is somewhat mobile. Huard's decision making can be clocked with a sundial. Brodie throws twice as hard as Huard.

BigMeatballDave
09-21-2007, 05:10 PM
Other than one deep pass, all Croyle did was dump the ball off.How many of thoes passes hit the ground in front of the reciever or went over thier heads?

BigMeatballDave
09-21-2007, 05:14 PM
I dont know if its been said, but maybe they believe that having Huard out there might develop the young WR, FB better than Croyle would...I'd believe that if Huard could actually deliver them the ball.

Hammock Parties
09-21-2007, 05:15 PM
How many of thoes passes hit the ground in front of the reciever or went over thier heads?

If you're implying that Damon Huard is inaccurate, you're wrong.

BigMeatballDave
09-21-2007, 05:19 PM
If you're implying that Damon Huard is inaccurate, you're wrong.LMAO

LOCOChief
09-21-2007, 05:22 PM
Huard in the pocket (even a sustained one) stumbles around like a kid in a bounce house. I've seen him take three steps forward, run into guard or center and then get sacked or worse.

Hammock Parties
09-21-2007, 05:26 PM
Huard in the pocket (even a sustained one) stumbles around like a kid in a bounce house. I've seen him take three steps forward, run into guard or center and then get sacked or worse.

It's his calf. Right now it's having an impact on his mobility because last year he was pretty good at moving around.

tk13
09-21-2007, 05:26 PM
I understand some of the points, and I want to see Croyle play. But I've also thought that if he plays 10 games instead of 16, that's not a huge deal, there are still plenty of positive things that can come from it. I just kinda preferred to have his first start at home, considering as a team everybody plays better there. I just didn't want him playing against Chicago.

I actually agree with Laz for the most part on this... it's not always black and white... maybe it truly would be better to wait until LJ and the O-line gets over their seemingly usual slow start. Eventually you do have to pull the trigger.

But I think if he showed any progress at all this year, we have to stick with him. I don't believe this whole "throw him to the dogs, if he isn't great, we draft Brohm" line of thinking. I'm not sure we'd see all of Croyle's potential even if he played 16 games... especially with this offense. As long as he doesn't totally bomb out, I say stick with him and put a better O-line (and another WR or two) around him next year.

KcMizzou
09-21-2007, 05:36 PM
If you're implying that Damon Huard is inaccurate, you're wrong.That little swing pass to LJ on 3rd down last week just killed us.

Hester ran the resulting punt back for a TD.

I realize that's only one play, but still... he threw it like 20 feet, and missed badly.

Hammock Parties
09-21-2007, 05:38 PM
That little swing pass to LJ on 3rd down last week just killed us.

Hester ran the resulting punt back for a TD.

I realize that's only one play, but still... he threw it like 20 feet, and missed badly.

His feet weren't set.

ClevelandChief
09-21-2007, 05:40 PM
uh hm **** Damon Huard

kcfanXIII
09-21-2007, 05:44 PM
It's his calf. Right now it's having an impact on his mobility because last year he was pretty good at moving around.

no, he wasn't. we don't have a qb that can win now. put croyle in, let him take his lumps, and based on his performance decide if he is the QBOTF. huard is horrible. hmm, huardable?

RedThat
09-21-2007, 05:46 PM
A simple premise: The Chiefs would not play a Veteran QB if they didn't believe that QB could take us to the Superbowl.

I believe that they believe Huard is the answer (which is so damn depressing).

So, let's draw a big bright line in the sand. You believe Huard can take us to the superbowl or you do not. No middle ground.

-- If you believe that Huard can take us to the Superbowl then you are happy. Everything makes sense.

-- If you do not believe that Huard can take us to the Superbowl, then you must also believe that every snap he takes is a literal waste. A snap wasted on a player who can not take us to the Superbowl. A snap that keeps us from moving towards the future. A future in which we either a) play Croyle b)draft another QB or c) sign another Vet QB can actually take us to the Superbowl.

So, where do you stand?

And there is no middle ground here. Middle ground is for assholes.

I don't believe that Huard can take us to the Superbowl. Now that doesn't make me unhappy. Because quite frankly I have no expectations set for this team.

And I don't expect this team to go to the superbowl anyway with or without Huard, nor be anywhere near a superbowl. We're a bad team simply put.

I just think the reason the Chiefs went with Huard was because he was the best man for the job at the given moment. Long term however, I think you have to go Croyle or at least figure out what you have by playing him. Brodie just wasn't ready after watching him play in the pre-season. So the best solution going into the season was with Huard.

I don't think I'd view every snap that Huard takes as a waste. Im a little bit mixed on that. I don't think he is playing that bad. I think the offensive game planning, and playcalling is a waste. It is clear the Chiefs offense is completely mismanaged. I think that the Chiefs have good personnel on offense but the coaching staff is wasting the talent on offense.

I don't know if that will help a young QB like Brodie Croyle? Look at his coaching staff? It's a complete joke.

*I would only play Croyle for one reason and that is if the Chiefs start off 1-3, or 0-4? If the Chiefs start off really bad and have nothing to lose, you play Croyle to at least figure out what you have in him. If he is good and shows some potential, they may not have to draft a QB next year? If he sucks and they get a top pick, hey then they would have that option to draft a QB? It basically gives them options on what to do in next years draft by playing Croyle this year.

If the Chiefs go 4-12 to finish the season, and don't play Croyle, color me pissed. I'd be screaming at management for how stupid they are.

htismaqe
09-21-2007, 06:03 PM
His feet weren't set.

He's been in the league for a DECADE.

There's no excuse for poor footwork. NONE.

Hammock Parties
09-21-2007, 06:10 PM
He's been in the league for a DECADE.

There's no excuse for poor footwork. NONE.

Uh, he was under pressure.

BigMeatballDave
09-21-2007, 06:15 PM
Uh, he was under pressure.Whats with you? Why are you making excuses for Huard? Is this your new schtick?

htismaqe
09-21-2007, 06:16 PM

Um, when Brodie Croyle showed poor footwork in the preseason, he too was under pressure. But the assessment was that "he sucks".

The double standard is laughable. Especially since one is a 2nd-year player, and the other is an 11-year veteran.

BigMeatballDave
09-21-2007, 06:17 PM
It seems we have at least 6 people here who believe the earth is flat...

the Talking Can
09-21-2007, 06:18 PM
Whats with you? Why are you making excuses for Huard? Is this your new schtick?

Excuses apply to 12 year vet Huard.

Excuses do not apply to Croyle.

Eleazar
09-21-2007, 06:21 PM
I understand some of the points, and I want to see Croyle play. But I've also thought that if he plays 10 games instead of 16, that's not a huge deal, there are still plenty of positive things that can come from it. I just kinda preferred to have his first start at home, considering as a team everybody plays better there. I just didn't want him playing against Chicago.

I don't think that would be that bad either. But I forsee us at perhaps 2-4, 2-5, and the Chiefs keep coming with "We're still in the race", and he doesn't start playing until we get an 8th loss.

BigMeatballDave
09-21-2007, 06:25 PM
I don't think that would be that bad either. But I forsee us at perhaps 2-4, 2-5, and the Chiefs keep coming with "We're still in the race", and he doesn't start playing until we get an 8th loss.If Huard stinks it up in the 1st half Sunday, I won't be surprised if Croyle starts the 2nd half. And by stinking, I mean, no points and 2 picks...

Hammock Parties
09-21-2007, 06:32 PM
I think people are gonna be disappointed if and when Brodie plays...he's not gonna turn things around all by himself. The outs will just be louder.

KcMizzou
09-21-2007, 06:40 PM
I think people are gonna be disappointed if and when Brodie plays...he's not gonna turn things around all by himself. The outs will just be louder.Nobody expects Croyle to turn things around this season. At least not anyone who's reasonable.

That's not what wanting him to play now is all about.

BigMeatballDave
09-21-2007, 06:40 PM
I think people are gonna be disappointed if and when Brodie plays...he's not gonna turn things around all by himself. The outs will just be louder.Even you cannot be this clueless...

the Talking Can
09-21-2007, 06:41 PM
I think people are gonna be disappointed if and when Brodie plays...he's not gonna turn things around all by himself. The outs will just be louder.

It's not about turning anything around. You're just brainwashed with win-now-ism.

It's about finding out if he has what it takes to be a franchise QB this year. So next year we know what to do. Huard is irrelevant to all of this.

Logical
09-21-2007, 06:50 PM
Even you cannot be this clueless...

Trust me Clayton can indeed be this clueless.

Hammock Parties
09-21-2007, 06:51 PM
I realize it's not about turning it around now, but some people are under the impression that Brodie's gonna be better than Huard this year.

He's just gonna get his ass kicked. I don't think that's productive.

RedThat
09-21-2007, 06:53 PM
I realize it's not about turning it around now, but some people are under the impression that Brodie's gonna be better than Huard this year.

How do you know that?

Hammock Parties
09-21-2007, 06:56 PM
How do you know that?

I don't.

htismaqe
09-21-2007, 06:57 PM

Yeah, because Huard has so much to offer.

We're 0-2. The idea that ANYBODY can be worse is laughable.

kcfanXIII
09-21-2007, 07:08 PM
what would be nice would be starting croyle now, so we can end the season on a high note, by winning on the road. in reality, i don't think it would happen, but thats what it would take for me to consider this season a successful season. obviously i've come to grips with the fact we're not a playoff team, so finding out what croyle has, is enough for me.

BigMeatballDave
09-21-2007, 07:12 PM

He's just gonna get his ass kicked. I don't think that's productive.Its easy for you to take this position. You lose nothing. If Brodie comes in and looks good, you won't give a rats ass if you're wrong. If he stinks up the joint, you're a fuggin genious...

Hammock Parties
09-21-2007, 07:16 PM
Its easy for you to take this position. You lose nothing. If Brodie comes in and looks good, you won't give a rats ass if you're wrong. If he stinks up the joint, you're a fuggin genious...

I don't really give a rat's ass either way. It's just my opinion. I'm not out to prove anyone wrong.

KcMizzou
09-21-2007, 07:18 PM
Its easy for you to take this position. You lose nothing. If Brodie comes in and looks good, you won't give a rats ass if you're wrong. If he stinks up the joint, you're a fuggin genious...He probably would stink up the joint for a while.

That's oookayyyy. /Herm.

Manila-Chief
09-21-2007, 07:37 PM
I voted NO ... but the poll is flawed ... it should read ... "Will Huard take us to a S.B." and not "can he" ... of course anything "CAN" happen but it is not likely. I do agree with the point you are making by doing this poll.

My real vote is to allow Brodie to play so we can see what he gives us. Huard's time is limited and we need to know which direction to go. I agree with those of you realistic who are saying that we are not going very far this season ... thus let's find out about the future. Who knew if Brady, Montana, Farve, etc. could play until they were given a chance to prove it on the field. I'm not saying Brodie has it but we will never know until we try. If he is not ... we need to know it for draft purposes.

But, Kingless is the one who determined Huard would start ... I believe it is because he sees $$$ signs.

I don't buy that ... don't play him coz he may get hurt. He could get a huge splinter and be injuried for life.

Eleazar
09-21-2007, 10:00 PM
He probably would stink up the joint for a while.

That's oookayyyy. /Herm.

You might stink up the joint. It's not like the PRAAAHHHMM! /Herm

Mr Luzcious
09-21-2007, 10:03 PM
Huard could not take this particular team to the super bowl. Maybe he could get Chicago there, but not KC. The team just isn't that good.

Baby Lee
09-22-2007, 06:32 AM
People were yelling, the sun was in his eyes, his new anti-perspirant was irritating his pits.

Rasputin
09-22-2007, 02:42 PM
Doe's anybody think that Huard can thow for 350 yards 3 tds and 0 ints in any game this year? :shake:

Yea Huard is really going to light it up with his downfield play :rolleyes:

Huard is an 11 year career back up who is expected to bring my KC Chiefs a Super Bowl, ROFL :D :) :shake: :( :deevee: . :mad: :cuss:

Huard is going to take us to the promise land/ This is the biggest insult to Chiefs fans and the Chiefs fans who believe in Huard believe Carl Peterson is going to "win" us a championship, morons. Sorry for the insult but damn.

CoMoChief
09-22-2007, 04:29 PM
This is the reason why Carl needs to go.

Huard can not and will not bring us to the big game. There is a reason why he hasn't been a starter his whole career until this season. Playing him now is nothing more than saying that Carl wants to put butts in the seats and that he's afraid of having a 4-5 win season because of a rookie who has to go through the growing process in this league. Huard can lead us to the playoffs. He proved that last season, but the big goal here is to win a SB, and frankly I really doubt Huard can get us there.

There's a reason why we drafted Croyle. He's the future. But you can't expect him to wait and wait and then all of a sudden come in a couple seasons later and become a solid starting QB. The QB position is the position that requires the most training and practice. If Croyle doesn't play he doesn't get any better. Then this process just plays out for another year and perhaps longer. He comes in next year with hardly any experience again and he screws up like he did this preseason, and then Carl and company vow to name Huard or some other veteran QB the starter.

It's just an ongoing process that has kept this organization from ever winning anything more than a division championship.